How good is Andy Dalton?

Jetster

12 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

He cant win a super bowl with his current team why would he win with the Jets? He's proven to be a very good regular season qb but a poor post season qb, why would that change?

Because the Bengals under Marvin Lewis tend to fill their roster up with questionable personalities.  Talent has never been a question in Cincinnati.  Marvin just isn't the type of coach that's ever understood why you have to limit the number of sociopaths you put on the roster.  They had the talent to beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs last year, but stupid decisions (like Burfict's hit on Antonio Brown) that resulted in 15 yard flags (and heavy fines) lost them that game.

The Jets under Macc and Bowles have a lot of solid character guys as well as nice talent.  That's an important distinction when you're surrounding your QB. 

14 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

He cant win a super bowl with his current team why would he win with the Jets? He's proven to be a very good regular season qb but a poor post season qb, why would that change?

He was hurt last year & missed the playoffs. Bengals outplayed the Steelers without him & should have won sans personal foul penalties by Burfict & Pacman.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because the Bengals under Marvin Lewis tend to fill their roster up with questionable personalities.  Talent has never been a question in Cincinnati.  Marvin just isn't the type of coach that's ever understood why you have to limit the number of sociopaths you put on the roster.  They had the talent to beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs last year, but stupid decisions that resulted in 15 yard flags (and heavy fines) lost them that game. 

The Jets under Macc and Bowles have a lot of solid character guys as well as nice talent.  That's an important distinction when you're surrounding your QB. 

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

He was hurt last year & missed the playoffs. Bengals outplayed the Steelers without him & should have won sans personal foul penalties by Burfict & Pacman.

to answer you and Jetfan:  you are correct but I still dont think he would win here or anywhere else. He's a nice player, that's it.

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So, like Romo, he's been consistently one of the game's 2nd tier QB's, in the process overcoming awful ownership and coaches who have been tenured forever despite no playoff success?  Got it.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrr, just periodically good enough that a franchise will waste a decade and ~$100 million dollars waiting for him to take that mythical "next step." 

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So, like Romo, he's been consistently one of the game's 2nd tier QB's, in the process overcoming awful ownership and coaches who have been tenured forever despite no playoff success?  Got it.

well last year before he got hurt he was much better than just tier 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Bengals have consistently fielded one of the most talented rosters in the NFL since Dalton got there.

and they win a lot, and he is a big reason why

I'll ask it another way;

put dalton on the jets and fitz on the bengals, what is the score last sunday ?

46 minutes ago, Larz said:

and they win a lot, and he is a big reason why

I'll ask it another way;

put dalton on the jets and fitz on the bengals, what is the score last sunday ?

One guy put up 23 points. The other put up 22. One of them is a sh*tballs journeyman that was on the sidewalk from December through June. The other one @Jetsfan80 is comparing to Joe Montana. 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

One guy put up 23 points. The other put up 22. One of them is a sh*tballs journeyman that was on the sidewalk from December through June. The other one @Jetsfan80 is comparing to Joe Montana. 

one guy was harassed all day long and sacked 7 times, he also didn't get short fields to work with all game.

avg starting FP:

Dalton: Cin 21

Fitz: NYJ 34

That is a HUGE difference.  

Canelo Dalton is very mediocre. Good enough to win and make the playoffs with, but you're not going to win it all with Dalton under center.

I (and many others) have been saying for years that Dalton has been holding that team back. It's no surprise that every time Cincy steps up against better competition, they always falter. And it always started with Dalton.

I will admit he looked much better last year. But part of me wonders how much that had to do with the offensive genius that is Hue Jackson.

Until he proves otherwise, I will always consider Canelo Dalton to be a mediocre underachiever 

3 minutes ago, King P said:

Canelo Dalton is very mediocre. Good enough to win and make the playoffs with, but you're not going to win it all with Dalton under center.

I (and many others) have been saying for years that Dalton has been holding that team back. It's no surprise that every time Cincy steps up against better competition, they always falter. And it always started with Dalton.

I will admit he looked much better last year. But part of me wonders how much that had to do with the offensive genius that is Hue Jackson.

Until he proves otherwise, I will always consider Canelo Dalton to be a mediocre underachiever 

Hard to say, last year the bengals were looking like the AFC favorites until dalton got hurt. he's had moments but has yet to put together a full season

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Orrrrrrrrrrrrr, just periodically good enough that a franchise will waste a decade and ~$100 million dollars waiting for him to take that mythical "next step." 

What's the alternative?  Are you suggesting every regime should only pay their QB if they're convinced he's Aaron Rodgers, and otherwise should constantly be starting over at the QB position?  No front office in the league can realistically do that.  

Archived