Darron Lee

Jetster

41 snaps on Thursday night. He's obviously going to make mistakes but he's being thrown right in there by Bowles for his indoctrination. Can't wait to see Jordan Jenkins, he was the coaches darling in preseason. Be nice to see him grow over the season. At least we know these guys can be NFL players. That's a win in drafting unlike Gholston, Milliner ect.

I think Lee made more of a positive impact than we saw. He was thrown into coverage multiple times and forced the QB to go through his reads, scramble and improvise. He seemed to fly all over the field and get to the ball, even if he did not always read the play properly. He made some nice tackles and was integral in stinging out runs to the outside (although the D-line and the rest of the LB corps have been pretty good about that so far this season). I saw him put some pressure on T.Taylor a couple of times coming off the edge, even though he did not register a sack. It shows he is capable of doing that at the NFL level. And, of course, that stick behind the line of scrimmage was nice to see. 

Jets fans should be excited about Lee. He is still learning and in doing so, making mistakes, but you can already see how his potential can translate to the NFL.   

As far as the 2016 draft. I know its VERY early, but this could very well end up being the best draft the Jets have ever had. If Hack develops into a legitimate starting FL QB, you have Lee, Jenkins and Burris- who all look to be on their way to being at the very least capable starters. Edwards is looking like one of the best punters in the league- lol. Peake just hasn't gotten a chance yet but could very well be a solid starter for the Jets. The only major question mark, in my mind, is Shell- who may never develop into a starter, but we'll see. And I'm not even mentioning J.Marshall and Anderson.    

39 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The good news is, we havent felt his absence. Speaking of not feeling someone's absence, Breno Giacomini I think is out of a job. 

I've been saying all along, they should have cut Giacomini at final cuts and re-couped that 5.5 million CAP hit.

He's not worth that salary.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Hindsight makes your statement safer to say, however its only 5.5 million. You dont cut him and run the risk of the guy(s) replacing him are Wayne Hunter's long lost relatives. 

At some point, you have to show some faith in the coaching staff and their ability to develop players.

When you are heading into the regular season only a couple of million under the CAP - 5.5 million makes a difference.

41 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

At some point, you have to show some faith in the coaching staff and their ability to develop players.

When you are heading into the regular season only a couple of million under the CAP - 5.5 million makes a difference.

The faith in the coaching staff was not trying to trade for or signing another RT. 

That doesn't change the fact that you don't cut what you know for what you don't know. Faith and risk are not the same. 

9 hours ago, PepPep said:

I think Lee made more of a positive impact than we saw. He was thrown into coverage multiple times and forced the QB to go through his reads, scramble and improvise. He seemed to fly all over the field and get to the ball, even if he did not always read the play properly. He made some nice tackles and was integral in stinging out runs to the outside (although the D-line and the rest of the LB corps have been pretty good about that so far this season). I saw him put some pressure on T.Taylor a couple of times coming off the edge, even though he did not register a sack. It shows he is capable of doing that at the NFL level. And, of course, that stick behind the line of scrimmage was nice to see. 

Jets fans should be excited about Lee. He is still learning and in doing so, making mistakes, but you can already see how his potential can translate to the NFL.   

As far as the 2016 draft. I know its VERY early, but this could very well end up being the best draft the Jets have ever had. If Hack develops into a legitimate starting FL QB, you have Lee, Jenkins and Burris- who all look to be on their way to being at the very least capable starters. Edwards is looking like one of the best punters in the league- lol. Peake just hasn't gotten a chance yet but could very well be a solid starter for the Jets. The only major question mark, in my mind, is Shell- who may never develop into a starter, but we'll see. And I'm not even mentioning J.Marshall and Anderson.    

it must have been someone else.  Lee is too small to play in the NFL   lol

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

The good news is, we havent felt his absence. Speaking of not feeling someone's absence, Breno Giacomini I think is out of a job. 

They haven't felt his absence because the OLBs are barely playing. 75% of the time the Jets are running a 4-2-5 nickel look with Harris and either Henderson or Lee in the middle. Mauldin and Catapano aren't seeing the field because they aren't making an impact while on it. When Jenkins gets back, I would on many different looks. Catapano is a one trick pony, Jenkins can be a three down backer. 

Breno shouldn't even be on the team. The Jets should have cut him a long time ago. No matter what the level of play is from Ijalana or Qvale, Breno would still be worse. There's no value to keeping him. 

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They haven't felt his absence because the OLBs are barely playing. 75% of the time the Jets are running a 4-2-5 nickel look with Harris and either Henderson or Lee in the middle. Mauldin and Catapano aren't seeing the field because they aren't making an impact while on it. When Jenkins gets back, I would on many different looks. Catapano is a one trick pony, Jenkins can be a three down backer. 

Breno shouldn't even be on the team. The Jets should have cut him a long time ago. No matter what the level of play is from Ijalana or Qvale, Breno would still be worse. There's no value to keeping him. 

In another thread another poster was discussing we should still be able to recoup a good portion of his salary due to him being on PUP list ... If an agreement can be worked out with him.  I'd be curious to find out more from you cap experts about what relief is possible , if the young kids continue to excel at RT

2 minutes ago, stoicsentry said:

Is he supposed to be a boom/bust type of guy? If not, I don't get the idea of spending a 1st round pick on a player that you don't expect to beat out Erin Henderson in camp.

Jared Goff would like a word.

Everyone bitching that we kept Breno for 5.5 mil this year are crazy. Depth on the o-line is extremely important. You do not want to be in the middle of the season and have practice squad players running the right or left side of your o-line. For this I am happy they kept Breno, we can not afford another WFH on the line. Fitz is too old he will die on the field.

Worth noting Lee & Wilk combined on a sack on Thu that was nullified by a penalty (holding on Buffalo).

I still wonder why we took the penalty and gave them 2nd and 20 vs 3rd and 12. It worked out OK - incomplete on 2nd down, another hold on 3rd down, and a 6 yd run before punting. But to me 3rd and 12 is preferable both on yardage required, and on the increased possibility of a defensive penalty giving up a 1st down.

13 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I've been saying all along, they should have cut Giacomini at final cuts and re-couped that 5.5 million CAP hit.

He's not worth that salary.

could you have cut him and saved all the money?  wasn't he injured so he would have an injury settlement - which i don't know if it counts against the cap.

if not, i don't see why they didn't cut him.  that's a lot of money for someone who isn't going to play for 8 weeks.

8 hours ago, ljr said:

In another thread another poster was discussing we should still be able to recoup a good portion of his salary due to him being on PUP list ... If an agreement can be worked out with him.  I'd be curious to find out more from you cap experts about what relief is possible , if the young kids continue to excel at RT

i'd love if some cap experts can weigh in here as well.

I thought if we cut Breno while he was injured we eat the whole $5.5M as it becomes guaranteed due to injury.  Could be Breno's tactic as well with a back strain to keep his salary this year.  Not sure where I read that.  On the other side, looks like we get Jenkins back this week.

Archived