I don't get how a 6 INT game by a QB can be accepted

ASH1962

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our coaching staff needs to hold our veterans more accountable in general.  The reality is, Bowles has no problem calling out Robbie Anderson and Bryce Petty in preseason but when we get a game like we saw yesterday from Fitz or the performances we've seen out of Revis the response from Bowles is that "It was just one guy the whole team needs play better"  obviously I have no idea what's going on behind closed doors but he's acceptance of mediocrity from our veteran players is concerning from time to time.

10 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I don't know guys....

+1

1. Fitz had to be benched yesterday after INT #4.  Why wasn't he?

2. The Team needs to look at the QB position fresh after what was a level of bad that cannot be tolerated.  Why won't they?

3. If Geno Smith is "close" to Fitz, Geno Smith must start this coming Sunday.  Is he close or not?

4. If not, and if we lose another game (1-3 season near over) and Fitz plays badly again (making it three bad games), and Petty is healthy, he must be started if Geno is not.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

+1

2. The Team needs to look at the QB position fresh after what was a level of bad that cannot be tolerated.  Why won't they?

3. If Geno Smith is "close" to Fitz, Geno Smith must start this coming Sunday.  Is he close or not?

4. If not, and if we lose another game (1-3 season near over) and Fitz plays badly again (making it three bad games), and Petty is healthy, he must be started if Geno is not.

Sadly the hate for Geno Smith has turned fans into Ryan Fitzpatrick fans. LOL

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

+1

petty isn't even practicing, it shows you the lengths they are going to not play geno.  i think the approach that mccags and bowles went into this season was, we know the schedule is rough, let's see how we do with fitz the first 6 games and then reevaluate when we're throwing in petty.  there is no plan to play geno, they do not want him in the media.  they want the team to have a good, clean image, they're going to rely on the vets as long as possible until the playoffs are not realistic and then it's the petty/peake/robbie anderson show.  i can't wait till november.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Sadly the hate for Geno Smith has turned fans into Ryan Fitzpatrick fans. LOL

Listen, you've gone off the deep end, where you admitted you were not unhappy at yesterday's loss.

More, you've shown in the past 12 hours you're HAPPY we lost and played as badly as we did yesterday.

Be careful Joe, you're teetering on the edge of PatsFanTx levels of non-fan trolling at this point.

When you get more pleasure out of being right and rooting AGAINST your own team, you might want to think about things.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Listen, you've gone off the deep end, where you admitted you were not unhappy at yesterday's loss.

More, you've shown in the past 12 hours you're HAPPY we lost and played as badly as we did yesterday.

Be careful Joe, you're teetering on the edge of PatsFanTx levels of non-fan trolling at this point.

When you get more pleasure out of being right and rooting AGAINST your own team, you might want to think about things.

Sadly you see it that way 

Im a lifelong NY Jets who rooted his team on even during the Kotite years stayed until the end to every game i attended 

I root for players in the Jets uniform to excel and win us games 

Yesterday was top 5 painful games as a Jets fan 

Sadly FitzNatin failed to see what he really was yesterday was a reality check and a miserable day for real fans like myself who have stuck with this team for life 

I never root against my team EVER 

Im a lifelong NY Jets who rooted his team on even during the Kotite years stayed until the end to every game i attended 

You're not a fan now, you've been rooting AGAINST your team, and taking pleasure at our failure.  All because of Fitz > Geno.

Like I said, you need to think about how important being "right" is vs. rooting for your team.

A real Jets Fan is crushed today.  Our season, such that it was, looks like it might be a complete and total waste of a failure.

And you're running around with a big sh*t eating smile this morning, happy as a clam, because you were "right".

That's ****ed up for a so-called "lifelong fan".

You're not a fan now, you've been rooting AGAINST your team, and taking pleasure at our failure.  All because of Fitz > Geno.

Like I said, you need to think about how important being "right" is vs. rooting for your team.

A real Jets Fan is crushed today.  Our season, such that it was, looks like it might be a complete and total waste of a failure.

And you're running around with a big sh*t eating smile this morning, happy as a clam, because you were "right".

That's ****ed up for a so-called "lifelong fan".

You are looking for pacification to defend your beliefs push the blame on someone else because you failed to recognize the flaws in Fitzpatrick 

I am a Jets fan who supports this team through thick and thin 

Im a fan who evaluates the games wins or losses and looks to get better actually hopes we get better as I cant control what the organization does on or off the field 

Fitzpatrick is who I thought he was glad to see you are finally realizing it also 

Just as you spew your hate to Geno Smith dont direct it to me for being right pull up your big boy pants and admit it you were wrong about the player Ryan Fitzpatrick its ok to make a mistake and admit it 

Whats messed up is fans like you who think the way you do misery loves company pal welcome to your world. 

You are looking for pacification to defend your beliefs push the blame on someone else because you failed to recognize the flaws in Fitzpatrick 

I am a Jets fan who supports this team through thick and thin 

Im a fan who evaluates the games wins or losses and looks to get better actually hopes we get better as I cant control what the organization does on or off the field 

Fitzpatrick is who I thought he was glad to see you are finally realizing it also 

Just as you spew your hate to Geno Smith dont direct it to me for being right pull up your big boy pants and admit it you were wrong about the player Ryan Fitzpatrick its ok to make a mistake and admit it 

Whats messed up is fans like you who think the way you do misery loves company pal welcome to your world. 

I'm crushed my team got embarrassed, in a historic way, yesterday.  

You're running around happier than Tex and gleeful about beign "right" about Fitzpatrick.

I'm demanding asnwers as to why Geno Smith wasn't put in the game?

You don't care about that.  Or the loss.  Or the team.  

To ignore you go.  Not wasting another second on a bi-polar non-fan troll like you.

I'm crushed my team got embarrassed, in a historic way, yesterday.  

You're running around happier than Tex and gleeful about beign "right" about Fitzpatrick.

I'm demanding asnwers as to why Geno Smith wasn't put in the game?

You don't care about that.  Or the loss.  Or the team.  

To ignore you go.  Not wasting another second on a bi-polar non-fan troll like you.

Sorry the TRUTH hurts 

Goodbye 

Six INT's aren't acceptable!!!  I'm going to be very interested in the comments coming from the
"Fitz apologists" in the media and fanbase this week.  Because I could imagine what would've been
said if Geno Smith had a game like that.  If Fitzpatrick played at an average level against CIN &
KC we would be 3-0 right now.  Thank goodness the front office didn't give him a long term contract
like BUF did

Just now, KRL said:

Six INT's aren't acceptable!!!  I'm going to be very interested in the comments coming from the
"Fitz apologists" in the media and fanbase this week.  Because I could imagine what would've been
said if Geno Smith had a game like that.  If Fitzpatrick played at an average level against CIN &
KC we would be 3-0 right now.  Thank goodness the front office didn't give him a long term contract
like BUF did

there is something to be said for image.  fitz will get more slack b/c he's a smart, well spoken, 'nice' guy who is liked by the media and his teammates.  life isn't fair.

Just now, KRL said:

like BUF did

If Geno had had a game like that, I'd have demanded he be benched after the 4th INT, and looked at being replaced in the next game.

I believe Fitz had to be pulled after the 4th INT, and Bowles and Co. should be looking to potentially replace him in the next game.

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

like BUF did

FitzNation has already started the bullsh*t nonsense excuses and dragged Geno Smith into it as well. 

Just now, Warfish said:

If Geno had had a game like that, I'd have demanded he be benched after the 4th INT, and looked at being replaced in the next game.

I believe Fitz had to be pulled after the 4th INT, and Bowles and Co. should be looking to potentially replace him in the next game.

they don't want to replace him until petty is healthy and has practiced for a bit.  the last thing they want to do is give the keys to geno.

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Hey, atleast we aren't Browns fans.

The Browns were competitive yesterday, we were not. We were a disgrace if you want the truth. 8 turnovers. You have to be kidding, really. This is the NFL not the PAL. 

BTW-The Browns were a kicker away from having the same record as we have.

According to Bowles, Ryan "....had a bad day at the office...he had a good day at the office the last start..." what he didn't say was he had a very mediocre day at the office the time before that and a playoff-choking 3 INT fourth quarter the start before that.

Ryan Fitzpatrick's tenure with the Jets is marred by several instances where he's had "bad days at the office..." His bad days kept the Jets out of the playoffs last year and appear headed toward the same fate this year.

6 minutes ago, phill1c said:

According to Bowles, Ryan "....had a bad day at the office...he had a good day at the office the last start..." what he didn't say was he had a very mediocre day at the office the time before that and a playoff-choking 3 INT fourth quarter the start before that.

Ryan Fitzpatrick's tenure with the Jets is marred by several instances where he's had "bad days at the office..." His bad days kept the Jets out of the playoffs last year and appear headed toward the same fate this year.

He is who most of us thought he was. 

In 3 of his last 4 games. Fitzpatrick has choked badly. That is a pattern that will keep the Jets out of the playoffs, AGAIN. He has to be benched for Geno till Petty gets some good reps. Even when Fitz completes a pass, like the one to Robby Anderson it is not what it should be. That is a score if he makes the right throw. 

The Jets now have burners at WR. Get them in the game and get Fitz out of the QB position so we can have a chance to use our speedy O. It was not the protection yesterday. Clady held up pretty good. 

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He is who most of us thought he was. 

Right, and to distract us from his putrid performances, the FitzMagic lovers trot out "Geno Sucks" arguments. No QB in Jets history has a worse INT record than Fitzpatrick does in the 4th quarters of games. Nobody. Not Geno Smith, not Richard Todd, not  dude with the "100 dollar arm and 10-cent brain". Nobody.

This with one of the most dynamic core of WRs and pass catching RBs in Jets history. All these weapons and he can't hit a one of them in the 4th quarter. He's throwing into double and triple coverage repeatedly.

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

they don't want to replace him until petty is healthy and has practiced for a bit.  the last thing they want to do is give the keys to geno.

I am down for that. Absolutely. But as soon as Petty is ready, let's go. And if he sucks, Hack is next up. We have to see if these guys can play. We saw NE play a 3rd stringer with a bunch of nobody's and be somewhat successful, no reason we cannot do the same thing. Sadly we already know what Geno cannot do.

Just now, ASH1962 said:

I am down for that. Absolutely. But as soon as Petty is ready, let's go. And if he sucks, Hack is next up. We have to see if these guys can play. We saw NE play a 3rd stringer with a bunch of nobody's and be somewhat successful, no reason we cannot do the same thing.

there are too many teams succeeding with young and rookie qbs.  and it's not as if the coaching staff has to worry about petty playing worse than fitz, if yesterday and week 17 vs. buffalo are indicative of what to expect every other week.  play petty and have him throw some bombs to anderson and peake, and let that open up the run game and make the offense less predictable.  let's get the youth and speed on the field now.

On 9/26/2016 at 3:11 AM, j4jets said:

I doubt that. In fact, he may not even be the worst on ours after the pounding we just witnessed.

Yeah, twin rungs below Geno still doesn't mean he's worse than Fitz. 

He'd still been better out there on half a shoulder

These are statements built on hope not on fact. I hope Hackenberg is the next Andrew Luck. Based on what I saw in preseason he's David Carr, after Houston. THe dude is shell shocked. 

Ugh how is this not obvious?

Fitz is starting until one of 3 natural ends: 1 - Fitz gets injured. 2 - the Jets remain in a realistic playoff hunt (or make it there outright). 3 - the Jets are mathematically eliminated, or they're nearly-eliminated combined with enough subpar play from Fitz to have everyone calling for his head.

Any of these 3 scenarios occur, then the coach(es) have no worries about second-guessing after going with Petty (or really, any not-Fitz QB, if one wants to include Geno), should Petty/other get out to a rocky first few starts.  I think the earliest Petty goes in there is game 7, and only should we happen to get out to a 1-5 start. Something like that, where no one will complain, and critical articles won't be written, about the alleged lost opportunity if they'd only stuck with Fitz for longer. So Pryce Petty isn't getting out there game 4, game 5, or game 6 so long as Fitz is upright, even if he's up to speed by then. Extreme rare possibility of game 7 with "only" a 2-4 record, but it would have to be immediately following another Fitz meltdown in game 6. The feeling of "it's over" hopelessness will cover them enough in that circumstance as well.

Problem: Bowles wouldn't pull Fitz after 4 or even 5 picks. So even in the event of a 1-5 team start, I have additional concerns about Bowles giving Fitz the chance to "redeem himself" - and in turn, redeem the judgment of Bowles and Maccagnan - by handing Fitz the next 3 (noticeably easier) starts. Might not happen, but you can't tell me you'd be shocked after the way this past game ended.

On 9/26/2016 at 10:07 AM, phill1c said:

How many times in a season can you just shrug off bad performances and chalk it up to "he had a bad day at the office".  I mean, for ****s sake...too many bad days at the offices and you're season is over, if it's not already.  He's had 2 of 3 so far.  But it's cool.  He'll get him next week.

That's the mentality of our HC right now.  It's cool.  No biggie.  He'll be better next time.  Oh really?  Will he?  And if he doesnt?  No biggie still?  He'll get them next time still?

Bowles is looking more and more like a dud with each passing moment. 

Just now, JiF said:

How many times in a season can you just shrug off bad performances and chalk it up to "he had a bad day at the office".  I mean, for ****s sake...too many bad days at the offices and you're season is over, if it's not already.  He's had 2 of 3 so far.  But it's cool.  He'll get him next week.

That's the mentality of our HC right now.  It's cool.  No biggie.  He'll be better next time.  Oh really?  Will he?  And if he doesnt?  No biggie still?  He'll get them next time still?

Bowles is looking more and more like a dud with each passing moment. 

what else is he going to say, one more time and we're benching him for geno?

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

what else is he going to say, one more time and we're benching him for geno?

Say, we're on to Seattle.  That simple.  Telling us "it was just a bad day at the office" to me means, you're cool with your players sucking.  No biggie.  You wont get pulled, you wont get benched...you just had a bad day at the office and that's cool.  

Or tell say, "we cant have that type of game again".  

100 different ways he could have answered it rather than saying; "no biggie, he'll get'em next time"

Do you like that mentality? 

Just now, JiF said:

Say, we're on to Seattle.  That simple.  Telling us "it was just a bad day at the office" to me means, you're cool with your players sucking.  No biggie.  You wont get pulled, you wont get benched...you just had a bad day at the office and that's cool.  

Or tell say, "we cant have that type of game again".  

100 different ways he could have answered it rather than saying; "no biggie, he'll get'em next time"

Do you like that mentality? 

honestly i think it's coachspeak and he's covering for his qb.  bowles knows fitz is not signed beyond this year, and that petty and hack are waiting in the wings, petty first.  he's just protecting the leader of his team early in the year during a brutal schedule and is trying to maintain high morale in the lockerroom so they can hopefully win at least 2 of the next 3 games.

Archived