The Jets need to trade Sheldon Richardon ASAP

HessStation

...While he's still worth something. He's one of the best interior linemen in the league playing out of position for another year. As an OLB/DE he's not even average, in fact, he's a liability. He's also the type of guy you don't want on the team after a big contract. Btw, the defense looks better when he's not of the field.

12 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Richardson looks good today.  He's winning his matchup consistency today.  

His only two plays were, he's such a liability as an OLB they actually tried running a read option right at him. And his one pressure they decided to double team the mid level FA pick up next to him. 

Nowhere did I say he sucks. There are 43 teams desperate for inside rushers. Maybe they have a TE or something. But the point, get something back for him before while he still has value for another team more than for your own.

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

Okay....lets trade him for a 5th rounder.  GM of the YEAR!

You think it's that bad? I was thinking more of a player swap. Or something more like a 2nd round. 

I have no idea what his value is. If it's that bad already, that's depressing.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

...While he's still worth something. He's one of the best interior linemen in the league playing out of position for another year. As an OLB/DE he's not even average, in fact, he's a liability. He's also the type of guy you don't want on the team after a big contract. Btw, the defense looks better when he's not of the field.

I was hoping for a big year from him so we could get max value in a trade in the offseason. But now I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him dealt before the deadline.

Just now, Kevin L said:

I was hoping for a big year from him so we could get max value in a trade in the offseason. But now I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him dealt before the deadline.

Might as well. His value is only going to continue to drop and quite frankly, they're probably better without him. 

2 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Wilson has been getting of the ball quickly, idiot.  You can beat your guy and do your job, but if the QB is getting rid of the ball in a second, you're not going to get the sack.

Why you call me an idiot. Not very nice. He's a 300 lb 3 tech rushing off the edge. His reaction time, his instincts, speed arent there for the position. he's actually a liability on a number of plays. Bc this team is such a sh*tshow to watch I literally zero in on him most of the d snaps. He's a liability more times than not. Because he's actually still a stud 43 DT why wouldn't you want to trade him for value. If it were a decent player or pick it could actually kill two birds with a stone...as long as the interior guys stayed healthy. 

I have no idea how anyone would disagree. 

44 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

No.  They should have traded him already.  Another example of Roadfan knowing best and most jumping all over me.

They should have traded him when? when his value was at 0 because he was stupid off the field? his value is probably still pretty low anyway seeing as there were a lot of young talented defensive lineman that were taken in this last draft.

20 minutes ago, HessStation said:

You think it's that bad? I was thinking more of a player swap. Or something more like a 2nd round. 

I have no idea what his value is. If it's that bad already, that's depressing.

No...I think he should be up on the line. 
This is a concern I have with Bowles.  He should be playing a 4-3 base with the talent he has.  It does not seem to be happening that way.

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

No...I think he should be up on the line. 
This is a concern I have with Bowles.  He should be playing a 4-3 base with the talent he has.  It does not seem to be happening that way.

But even so, you still basically have 3 DTs playing at once. And it seems it's Sheldon he prefers outside. Which means he's still playing outside the OT. It just doesn't work. It really doesn't. Please, just watch. I'm not even trying to be all, I have an eye for this, type. It's freaking blatantly obvious. 

Its not his fault. He's 300 freaking pounds. He's a natural interior lineman. A dominant one at that. 

Imo, it's an unfolding dilemma and probably a really good case for why maybe you don't want to take the BPA. 

21 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

They should have traded him when? when his value was at 0 because he was stupid off the field? his value is probably still pretty low anyway seeing as there were a lot of young talented defensive lineman that were taken in this last draft.

When exactly do you think his value was better? 

A few months ago when he was viewed as an elite defensive lineman with some off-the-field concerns and a 1 game suspension?  When I banged the table to trade him....

Or now?  As a mediocre defensive lineman that has not made a single impact play in 3 games with the same off-the-field concerns?

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

When exactly do you think his value was better? 

A few months ago when he was viewed as an elite defensive lineman with some off-the-field concerns and a 1 game suspension?  When I banged the table to trade him....

Or now?  As a mediocre defensive lineman that has not made a single impact play in 3 games with the same off-the-field concerns?

I don't think he held enough trade value to be worth trading him. I think he is more valuable to us right now than the 4-5th rounder we would get for him. I think he was more valuable to us back than than the 4-5th rounder we would have gotten for him.

Just now, bealeb319 said:

I don't think he held enough trade value to be worth trading him. I think he is more valuable to us right now than the 4-5th rounder we would get for him. I think he was more valuable to us back than than the 4-5th rounder we would have gotten for him.

I think the question is what's his actual value. Could it be that bad? You guys may be right and maybe they've tried and that's the best they could get. Who knows. And if so, I might agree with you.  I'm just really...really hoping they're trying. It hurts my eyes watching this guy try and play OLB. 

Especially after having to watch Coples play play OLB with Rex for 2-3 years or whatever it was. 

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

And you would be wrong.  I would have taken a 4th and ran with it.  Now the Jets have a borderline useless 8 game suspension waiting to happen schmuck instead of a 2017 draft pick. 

And now, the Jets added another useless piece of crap in ASJ.  Scary as it is, there are some fans that want to add Josh Gordon too.  Who's next for the STB mindless drones? 

Oh, I know!  Greg Hardy!

Just now, HessStation said:

I think the question is what's his actual value. Could it be that bad? You guys may be right and maybe they've tried and that's the best they could get. Who knows. And if so, I might agree with you.  I'm just really...really hoping they're trying. It hurts my eyes watching this guy try and play OLB. 

Especially after having to watch Coples play play OLB with Rex for 2-3 years or whatever it was. 

I don't disagree, It hurt my brain seeing them playing Pryor in deep coverage today. Didn't they watch any film from his rookie season? the kid was actually good last year when they didn't throw him out of his position of comfort. I have a feeling with Richardson he will be on our roster until his contract is up, I could see him wanting top dollar and we might get a decent comp pick for letting him go.

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

And you would be wrong.  I would have taken a 4th and ran with it.  Now the Jets have a borderline useless 8 game suspension waiting to happen schmuck instead of a 2017 draft pick. 

And now, the Jets added another useless piece of crap in ASJ.  Scary as it is, there are some fans that want to add Josh Gordon too.  Who's next for the STB mindless drones? 

Oh, I know!  Greg Hardy!

ASJ was projected to be an amazing tight end and he certainly has flashed. His only downside is that he has some off the field baggage but there is quite literally 0 risk to picking him up and the potential rewards are huge.

40 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

ASJ was projected to be an amazing tight end and he certainly has flashed. His only downside is that he has some off the field baggage but there is quite literally 0 risk to picking him up and the potential rewards are huge.

Where do some of you get this from?!?!  Seriously.

I suggest you go back and read his pre-draft scouting reports from various sources.  I doubt you find "amazing tight end" anywhere.

Mostly....they refer to an athletically gifted individual with a poor work ethic, bad attitude, and off the field concerns that probably will fail to live up to his ceiling.

Archived