~ ~ JETS @ Steelers.. Sun. 10/9 - 1:00 pm on cbs ~ ~

kelly

While it looked like very little was going wrong for the Steelers offense Sunday night, they actually left the game battered up front.According to Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, tackles Ryan Harris andMarcus Gilbert were injured in that game, leaving their status for this week against the Jets up in the air.

Coach Mike Tomlin said starting right tackle  Gilbert was “highly questionable” this week because of an ankle injury. Harris replaced him during the game, but suffered a leg injury of his own.If they can’t go this week, the team would likely start Chris Hubbard at right tackle. The versatile backup can play every position, but hasn’t started an NFL game.But roster moves are also a possibility, as cornerback Senquez Golson and offensive lineman Cody Wallace could be moved to injured reserve to create a spot for potential reinforcements.

“Those things are always the subject of discussion when you’re faced with additional injuries coming out of a game,” Tomlin said. “I’m not ready to make that judgment at this time. We’re going to let the totality of today’s rehabilitation be concluded and then assess where we are as we move into tomorrow before we consider such possibilities.”The line issues didn’t stop the Steelers from rolling to a 43-14 win over the Chiefs, but protecting Ben Roethlisberger is central to continuing such production.

>         http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/05/steelers-line-injuries-could-lead-to-some-roster-moves/

-- New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, nursing what the team is calling a mild hamstring strain, isn't expected to practice Wednesday. His status for Sunday's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers is uncertain, and that's troubling because they will face the dangerous Antonio Brown. Revis, walking gingerly, was on the practice field for stretching and light warmups, but he didn't have a helmet or pads -- meaning he won't practice. He was injured early in the fourth quarter in Sunday's loss to the Seattle Seahawks.

Presumably, Marcus Williams will get Revis' reps with the base defense.

Wide receiver Eric Decker (shoulder), right guard Brian Winters(concussion) and tight end Braedon Bowman (undisclosed) also aren't expected to practice. Decker, battling a partially torn rotator cuff, has virtually no chance of playing Sunday.Rookie wide receiver Jalin Marshall (torn labrum) was fielding punts, although that doesn't mean he will participate in team drills.

>   http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/63656/darrelle-revis-eric-decker-not-practicing-as-jets-begin-steelers-prep

16 minutes ago, kelly said:

While it looked like very little was going wrong for the Steelers offense Sunday night, they actually left the game battered up front.According to Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, tackles Ryan Harris andMarcus Gilbert were injured in that game, leaving their status for this week against the Jets up in the air.

Coach Mike Tomlin said starting right tackle  Gilbert was “highly questionable” this week because of an ankle injury. Harris replaced him during the game, but suffered a leg injury of his own.If they can’t go this week, the team would likely start Chris Hubbard at right tackle. The versatile backup can play every position, but hasn’t started an NFL game.But roster moves are also a possibility, as cornerback Senquez Golson and offensive lineman Cody Wallace could be moved to injured reserve to create a spot for potential reinforcements.

“Those things are always the subject of discussion when you’re faced with additional injuries coming out of a game,” Tomlin said. “I’m not ready to make that judgment at this time. We’re going to let the totality of today’s rehabilitation be concluded and then assess where we are as we move into tomorrow before we consider such possibilities.”The line issues didn’t stop the Steelers from rolling to a 43-14 win over the Chiefs, but protecting Ben Roethlisberger is central to continuing such production.

>         http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/05/steelers-line-injuries-could-lead-to-some-roster-moves/

The Seahawks O-line was supposed to be banged up too, that didn't seem to matter all that much.

2 minutes ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

The Seahawks O-line was supposed to be banged up too, that didn't seem to matter all that much.

So was the Bills, no sack on Taylor either,

Revis has his ready made excuse. This could be a 50 Burger with not a lot of positives. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Jets will win going away book it!  Seal it and toss it in the mail!

i hope you're right.. but, no way we win this game :badmood:...steelers by 17  :(

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jets will win going away book it!  Seal it and toss it in the mail!

The Jets have NO BUSINESS defeating the Steelers - just like in 2014 - and all the more so IN Pittsburgh. They will be SERIOUS underdogs and no one will give them a chance.

Result: Jets upset in Pitt.

And THAT"S what is so historically frustrating about this franchise. I don't think they CAN or WILL win, but that's exactly when they do. They will win this game and then SUDDENLY people will praise the team again and the rollercoaster cycle on gaging where this team stands amongst legit NFL contenders continues. It just adds to the utter schizophrenia that are the NY Jets. 

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

The Jets have NO BUSINESS defeating the Steelers - just like in 2014 - and all the more so IN Pittsburgh. They will be SERIOUS underdogs and no one will give them a chance.

And THAT"S what is so historically frustrating about this franchise. I don't think they CAN or WILL win, but that's exactly when they do. They will win this game and then SUDDENLY people will praise the team again and the rollercoaster cycle on gaging where this team stands amongst legit NFL contenders continues. It just adds to the utter schizophrenia that are the NY Jets. 

I can't remember which book but Grisham wrote a Jets over the Steelers win into a novel. 2005 I think, when we were 4 and 12 we beat the Steelers in NJ.   

EDIT.    The Associate.   Good book, mentions the Jets beating the Steelers. secret meeting took place during the game. 

7 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Yep and idiots like us buy in year after year, after year, after year, after year, after tear, after year, after year, after year, after year, after year, after year, after year, after year

A New Quarter: Both the Jets and their critics are reaching for a shovel. Some pundits and fans want to bury the Green & White after a 1-3 start, but head coach Todd Bowles and the players are intent on digging themselves out of an early season hole. Veterans know it’s a long season, referencing this week a 1-4 stretch in 2015 between Weeks 7 and 11. After falling back to level ground at 5-5, the Jets topped the Dolphins in Week 12 and that started a five-game winning streak. In bounce-back mode, Bowles believes his team is close to turning the corner after taking some strides in a 27-17 loss to the Seahawks.

Pissed Off in Pittsburgh: Describing his team’s mood as “pissed off” early this week, Bowles has to take a frustrated group of players and get them ready for a huge road test at Heinz Field.  WR Brandon Marshallicon-article-link.gif said the group can either fold or they can fight together and hold each other accountable. Marshall says the Jets have proven they can play with playoff teams, but they haven’t proven they can beat them yet. The Steelers have made the postseason the past two seasons and many believe they will contend for the conference championship in January.Killer B’s: The New York defense will contend with arguably the top QB, WR, RB trio in all of football in Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell. Roethlisberger, who has appeared in three Super Bowls and owns two championship rings, is completing 63.4% of his passes with 11 TDs and 4 INTs. His favorite target is Brown, who had an astounding 136 catches last season for 1,834 yards and 10 TDs. After the season’s first quarter, AB is on pace for only 112 receptions, 1,476 yards and 16 TDs. And Bell, who made his season debut last week with 144 yards on the ground in addition to five receptions, has averaged 4.4 yards per attempt throughout his career.

Turnover Trends: Despite their record, the Jets have some very positive trends entering Week 5. The rush defense ranks No. 2 (70.3 yards per game) and the defense is T2 with 17 tackles for loss. The Jets are also one of two clubs (Pittsburgh is the other) to rank in the top 10 in both offensive (No. 4, 48.2%) and defensive third down percentages (No. 7, 24.8%). But it is essential for New York’s AFC representative to make progress in one critical area. The Jets are -10 in turnover differential and QB Ryan Fitzpatrickicon-article-link.gif has been intercepted nine times over the past two weeks. In order to secure their second victory all-time in Pittsburgh, the Jets need a clean game from Fitzpatrick and a takeaway or two along the way would help the cause.

Homecoming: Both Marshall and CB Darrelle Revisicon-article-link.gif were born in Pittsburgh, PA. Marshall, who had four receptions for 89 yards and 1 TD in his matchup against Seahawks CB Richard Sherman, says he is focused on creating six and seven man boxes, forcing double teams and creating one-on-one matchups for the Jets’ young receivers.   Eric Deckericon-article-link.gif remains a question mark with a partially torn rotator cuff, so Quincy Enunwaicon-article-link.gif and rookies Robby Andersonicon-article-link.gif and Charone Peakeicon-article-link.gif have moved up the depth chart. The 6’4”, 230-pound Marshall, who said on Inside the NFL that the Jets are learning perseverance and resiliency, believes the Green & White can get out of the funk and he will pose a lot of issues for the Steelers’ No. 30 ranked pass defense. Revis, who attended Aliquippa HS and was a star at Pittsburgh, has a hamstring strain and his situation will be monitored throughout the week. Rookie CB Juston Burrisicon-article-link.gif has entered the past two games on the outside in sub packages when Revis went out in Kansas City (eye) and then vs. Seattle (hamstring). The Steelers rank No. 3 in terms of 20-plus yard passing plays (18) and the Jets rank No. 29 in terms of 20-plus yard passing plays allowed (17).

>       http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Jets-Steelers-5-Storylines-/9aa4480e-8fb0-4ad5-9076-3f4cf3b871d0

-- The versatility of Le’Veon Bell expands the Pittsburgh Steelers' playbook, but quarterback Ben Roethlisberger cautions that the team needs balance in the game plan to maximize its potential.Bell’s resounding return from a three-game suspension included 178 yards from scrimmage on 23 touches against the Chiefs, with five catches as a receiver. Early in the game, the Steelers tried to get both tailbacks -- Bell and DeAngelo Williams -- on the field at the same time, with Bell flaring out as a receiver on six straight snaps at one point.

Roethlisberger was asked about those two-back sets.“When you have as many offensive weapons as we have, you can be as creative as we want to be,” said Roethlisberger, who won AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors for his five-touchdown performance. “We just have to be careful not to get so out of the box, out of this world that we get confusing to ourselves. You want to confuse a defense, but you also want to play fast. Sometimes being black and white is better than being gray.”

Offensive coordinator Todd Haley is the playcaller for the Steelers, but Roethlisberger has freedom to call the offense from the no-huddle attack, which he likes to run. The two often collaborate on playcalls based on what the other is seeing from the defense.In practices last week, the Steelers moved Bell all across the formation. Bell is looking to regain his form from 2014, when he had 2,215 yards from scrimmage. Last year, Bell missed 10 games to suspension and a knee injury.

Roethlisberger says Bell’s skill set shouldn’t be confined to traditional tailback duties. He’s looking for a sweet spot between creativity and simplicity.“He’s a freaky athlete,” Roethlisberger said. “He’s able to do those things because of the work he puts in, because of the type of athlete he is, the route-runner that he is and how good his hands are. That’s why it’s a big compliment to him we were able to move him around so much in practice and I’m sure we’ll continue to do that moving forward.”

The Steelers are in a tough spot because they have arguably the game's best running back and a really good No. 2, yet in the past the offense has primarily flowed through one back. With the no-huddle offense, especially, it's difficult to switch personnel too often. The Steelers' offense might be at its best when it's pounding the run on first down and taking shots as the passing lanes loosen up. But Williams is an excellent blocker, so there still could be a way to incorporate both.

>     http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/20571/ben-roethlisberger-offense-shouldnt-get-too-creative-with-leveon-bell-back

This game will be over in the first 10 minutes at 21-0. You know Pit will score a TD every time they touch the ball until they stop playing up 45-0 or thereabouts early to mid 3rd Q.

I am going out Sunday, I have totally lost interest in getting my brains bashed in each week.

I just hate being so negative, but am a realist, their strengths are our weakness and unlike our CS, Pit's CS plays to exploit the opponents weaknesses.

The case easily can be made that Le’Veon Bell is the best halfback in the NFL. What about best back ever ?

It is too early to put him in that sphere in the early stages of his fourth pro season, but he has compiled such impressive statistics in the 36 games he has played that those numbers are testimony to such status.Bell averages 120.7 yards per game from scrimmage (rushing and receiving) for his career. That, for a player with a minimum of 3,000 yards gained, is more than anyone in the NFL since the 1970 league merger, according to Pro Football Reference analysis done by Stuart Young of Synexus Clinical Research Limited.

He averages more than Hall of Famers Barry Sanders (118.9), Walter Payton (111.9) and Marshall Faulk (108.8). More than Adrian Peterson (112.0).

LaDainian Tomlinson (10th best at 108.6) should become a Hall of Fame finalist in his first chance this year, and it did not take him long to spot Bell’s talent.“I would take Le’Veon Bell over any running back in the league,” Tomlinson said on the NFL Network in the first month of the 2014 season. “He can do it all, people. He can run inside, he has the speed to turn the corner, he can catch the football, he’s versatile, he’s athletic. I love Le’Veon Bell.”

Bell’s game is much like that of Tomlinson and Faulk in terms of running and catching passes. Not surprisingly, those are two players he watched closely growing up.“Adrian Peterson is great between the tackles. I think I’m more built like him, kind of taller and leaner, but LaDainian was a guy who caught a lot of balls out of the backfield. Marshall was a guy who lined up wide and ran slants and things like that.

“I kind of put all their games into my game, and it helped me become the player I am.”

Faulk (39.1), Billy Sims (34.5) and Tomlinson (28.1) come closer to Bell’s average yards receiving per game of 39.5. Pressed on the matter, Bell would rather catch a pass from Ben Roethlisberger than run out of the backfield.“I look at a screen play as a long handoff, but there is more space,’’ Bell said after Wednesday’s practice. “Rather than go against seven or eight guys in a box, I’m going against two or three guys on the outside. I think there’s more space for me to kind of make things happen. I love that and I love pounding the ball inside.

“If I had to pick, I’d say a screen.”

Linebacker Arthur Moats knows why that is after going up against Bell the runner and Bell the receiver in practices.“When you guard him as a receiver, you know you’re on an island. If you miss him, he’s going 50. At least in the box, you have some help from somebody.“He’s very shifty and elusive. He has the ability to make you believe he’s going in a certain direction and then, with his body weight, he’s able to change directions really quick.”

That’s what happened on his 44-yard run against Kansas City, when he faked out one of the game’s best safeties.“You have Eric Berry on him in the open field. Eric Berry is one of the elite athletes in this league, and you saw he was able to make him miss just like that.”Because he was suspended for the first three games of the season for missing drug tests, that became a focus of Bell’s delayed return to the Steelers lineup last Sunday. Almost lost was the severe knee injury in November that ended his 2015 season. He had surgery on his right knee to repair the medial collateral ligament, and there was posterior cruciate ligament damage, too.

“I feel great,” Bell said. “I didn’t think about my knee at all. I kind of got in a groove and took it from there.”

Bell took time during his suspension to catch passes, so he could be ready for whatever his coaches wanted from him.“Whatever the coaches want to call and they’re comfortable with me running and Ben is comfortable throwing, I’m always willing to do it — running deep balls, running across the middle, it doesn’t matter. I got hurt two years ago running across the middle, but it’s nothing that fears me.”

It is more the other way around.

>           http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/10/06/On-the-Steelers-RB-Bell-putting-up-historic-NFL-numbers/stories/201610060077

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I would really like to beat the Steelers due to Tomlin more than anything, I just can't stand the guy.

I met Mike Tomlinson outside of the White House a few years back. Very respectful. Thanked me for my service to our nation. Shook hands. Joked a bit about playing the Jets again after the AFCCG loss in Pitt. 

-- There's a way the New York Jets can reduce Ryan Fitzpatrick's interceptions.

There's a way they can protect their pass-poor defense from getting embarrassed by Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown.

The answer is Matt Forte.

The Jets signed Forte for games like this. To upset the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, which probably would mean slowing down their high-scoring offense, the Jets need a Week 2-type performance from their 30-year-old running back.Thirty carries and 100 yards. Yeah, the Jets would sign up for those numbers. Naturally, they'd take the three touchdowns too -- matching his stats from their impressive win over the Buffalo Bills.

Sometimes football is a simple game. The more times they can get the ball into Forte's hands, the fewer opportunities Roethlisberger will have to do his thing."That might be the most important thing," Forte said Thursday of the ball-control approach. "You've got Ben Roethlisberger, you've got Antonio Brown and you've got Le'Veon Bell, and also DeAngelo Williams. You want to control the clock to where you keep those guys on the sideline -- and not just control the clock, but go out and score points. That's probably one of the most important things of this week."After a hot start, Forte rushed for only 92 yards in the last two games combined, one of the reasons why they fell behind in both contests -- which contributed to Fitzpatrick's interception problem. They need more balance in the offense to reduce the burden on Fitzpatrick. They got off to a good start last week, using two- and three-tight end packages to add some thump at the line of scrimmage, but they got away from the run too early.

Forte banged up his ribs in the game, prompting a postgame trip to the X-ray room at MetLife Stadium. He was spotted by reporters and "everybody freaked out," he said, laughing. Forte insisted he's fine, although he does appear on the injury report with rib and knee injuries. The knee is a chronic issue. The ribs don't appear serious because he practiced fully on Thursday.Forte is a tough dude, evidenced by his track record for durability. On Sunday, they'll need toughness and productivity. Right now, the Jets (1-3) -- losers of two straight -- are leaking oil in several areas. Pardon the Rex Ryan-ism, but the best way to fix it is to get back to ground & pound football. A strong running attack can be an elixir."I think we’ve got to execute better in our run game," offensive coordinator Chan Gailey said. "Hopefully, we’ve got some things this week that will give us a bit better chance."

This game screams out for Forte.

>       http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/63690/no-ribbing-matt-forte-holds-key-to-jets-chances-of-upsetting-steelers

-- When Rontez Miles was growing up in Braddock, Pennsylvania, an old, depressed steel town on the outskirts of Pittsburgh, he viewed sports as a way out. The Pittsburgh teams meant everything to him and his friends, so they decided one day in high school to pledge their allegiance with tattoos.

One friend went for a Pirates logo, another the Penguins. Miles opted for the iconic Steelers logo on his upper left arm.

Miles is catching some flak from teammates this week as the New York Jets prepare to face the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field, but he wears it proudly. He now bleeds green, of course, but the tattoo represents something more than his childhood team. It marks the start of his journey from the despair of Braddock to Division II California University of Pennsylvania to the Jets' practice squad and, finally, a place on the Jets' 53-man roster.

On Sunday, Miles goes home.

"I'm going to try to keep myself calm, but I know when I see my family and I see the Steelers' uniform, it might spark some emotion," said the Jets' special-teams ace, known for his energy and fearless attitude.Miles has close to 100 ticket requests for the game, with one notable exception. His half-brother, Vondre Griffin, whom he calls his "best friend," is serving a four- to 10-year sentence for voluntary manslaughter at the Mercer State Correctional Institution, about an hour north of Pittsburgh.Miles and Griffin, born two months apart, were inseparable as kids. Their dream was to play college ball together and make it to the NFL, but it unraveled when Griffin was thrown out of Kent State for academic issues and a marijuana charge. Miles, who had enrolled there too, decided to leave with his brother. They're that close.

On his left forearm, Miles has a tattoo that reads: "My Brother's Keeper ... Take it in Blood." Vondre has the same one in the same place. He never went back to college, but Miles went to California University and became a small-school star.That he made it that far was an accomplishment. His mother was a crack addict, and he grew up in a neighborhood infested with drugs and crime. The Cal coach, Mike Kellar, said he was taken aback by the conditions.Griffin was charged with killing a 37-year-old man with a gunshot to the head outside a bar in McKeesport, Pennsylvania, in August 2012. He claimed self-defense -- his story was corroborated by a witness at the pretrial hearing, according to media reports -- but he eventually agreed to a plea deal. The   homicide charge was dropped, as he agreed to plead guilty to a weapons charge and voluntary manslaughter, according to the Tribune-Review.

That was September 2013. Miles hopes Vondre will be released by next fall."Four years is coming up," he said. "We know he's coming home eventually. We don't know the exact date, but we know he's coming home. That's all that matters."

Miles hopes his brother can watch the game on TV. He also hopes they can talk by phone before the game.For Miles, it'll be his second game at Heinz Field. He played a high school championship game there (Rob Gronkowski was one of his teammates), but this is the NFL. He's playing the Steelers and the place will be filled with Terrible Towels. An entire section will be filled with family members, many of whom will see him play professionally for the first time.

"Diehard (Steelers fans), they all are," Miles said. "But they're repping green this week."

>        http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/63689/jets-rontez-miles-man-with-steelers-tattoo-returns-home-a-success

steelers-7points-middle1.jpg

It's almost time for the Jets to visit Pittsburgh, the city of hills and bridges and rivers and Über cars. Will this be the Green & White's 2016 waterloo, or can they auto-drive up and out of their 1-3 starting hole ? And have we beaten this multiple metaphor into submission yet? It will take a similar effort for the Jets to beat back the brawny Steelers in their lair. Head coach Todd Bowles ticked off the elements of the task : "Other than the quarterback, the receivers, two good running backs, a big offensive line, they play well on defense, tough, physical 3-4 scheme, good linebackers, good front, ball-hawking secondary. You know, it’s going to be another tough game. They made the playoffs for a reason.

"I’m excited about what we’re doing and our chances going in."

Here are seven points ahead of Sunday's visit to Heinz Field at the confluence of the Ohio, Allegheny and Monongahela rivers :

1. The Uphill Rivalry
The Steelers have been one of the Jets' most difficult rivals since they first met in 1970 at old Three Rivers Stadium. The Jets have dropped 17 of 22 overall, seven of eight in Pittsburgh, and five of six at Heinz. The one win was by 22-17 in the 2010 regular season, setting the stage for the AFC Championship Game return match five weeks later. The Jets have split the last six overall with the Steelers, posting underdog wins in 2007 (the Jets coming in 1-8 to the Steelers' 7-2) and 2014 (1-8 to 6-3). These one-win Jets will need a similar effort.

2. Pouring It On at Heinz
The Terrible Towel-waving, black-and-gold-clad home crowd forms a formidable 12th man, as the Steelers' home record the last two years indicates. In their last 10 Heinz games (8-2 record), they've outscored foes by an average score of 31-18, and their plus-11 turnover margin is tied for best in the league. The Jets had done well on the road in Bowles' first season, but this year there's that big minus-7 TO enchilada at Kansas City. They need to show that the visitors-bearing-gifts vibe is history since four of their next five games are on the road.

3. Making Ben Gentle
Ben Roethlisberger, standing tall as ever in the pocket, is off to a strong start, and over his career he's won five out of eight over the Jets. But the Green & White have often given as good as they've gotten against Roethlisberger, who in those eight games has thrown seven TDs to nine INTs with a 79.5 passer rating and has been sacked 23 times. Nine of the last 20 sacks have been supplied back back-seven Jets players. The blitz has been big in toppling Big Ben in the past. Could it be again Sunday?

4. Antonio Brown ... and a Showdown?
In a league of superb wideouts, Antonio Brown is at the top of the list. Since 2013, his 403 receptions and 5,400 yards are first among all WRs and second isn't even close. "A lot of people struggle with him," Jets DC Kacy Rodgers said. "He's a dynamic, dynamic receiver." As for Brown's 35 touchdown passes the last four years — all thrown to him by Ben Roethlisberger — he's tied for first. With whom? The Jets' Brandon Marshallicon-article-link.gif , of course.

5. Green Wall vs. the Run
The Jets run defense has been the rock of the D — their 70.3 yards/game and 3.09 yards/rush allowed are both second in the NFL and the yards/game is fourth-best after four games in franchise history. Muhammad Wilkersonicon-article-link.gif leads the defense with 4.5 TFLs. The green wall hasn't slowed the completions over that wall so far, but a good pass defense still depends on a one-dimensional offense, and that again will be key for the Jets vs. Le'Veon Bell and DeAngelo Williams. DT Steve McLendonicon-article-link.gif 's recipe: "The biggest thing for us is to play extremely fast, extremely hard, extremely physical and smart — just do what we know how to do best."

. FitzDrives
One thing Ryan Fitzpatrickicon-article-link.gif has done well this season is drive engineering. He's averaged 6.4 plays/drive, third-best among all NFL quarterbacks, and 36.5 yards/drive, fourth-best. It does no good to turn the ball over at the end of a six- or seven-play drive, but if Fitz and the offense can move on crisp passing — Jalin Marshallicon-article-link.gif may be back, Eric Deckericon-article-link.gif may not — and timely Matt Fortéicon-article-link.gif and Bilal Powellicon-article-link.gif contributions, it could help to at least calm down the Heinz faithful and limit Ben, Antonio Brown and company's time on the field.

7. Field Position Slump
Rookie WR Charone Peakeicon-article-link.gif got the ball rolling, so to speak, when he picked up the bouncing fumble and took off for the end zone late vs. Seattle. As we noted at the time, it was the Jets' first return touchdown of any kind since 2013, ending the NFL's longest drought at 39 games. The Jets would love more return TDs but they don't necessarily need them as much as they need takeaways, stronger returns and stronger coverage — in other words, field position. Last week's 20.3-yard-line average drive start was their second-worst at home since 1993.

>      http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7points/7-Points-Jets-Steep-Climb-at-Pittsburgh/929778c1-bc69-41df-9fa2-c6b30b1c492a

Archived