Revis, Decker, Petty Miss Practice; NY Jets Injury Report

JetNation

Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall continue to shine in Chan Gailey's offense.

The Jets are 1 and 3 and head into Pittsburgh a little big banged up.  Bryce Petty, Eric Decker, Braedon Bowman, Brian Winters and Darrelle Revis all did not practice on Thursday. Jalin Marshall, Muhammad Wilkerson, and Ryan Clady were limited in practice.

Todd Bowles said he didn’t have any concerns about Clady or Wilkerson. And Jalin Marshall is, “getting better every day. He did some more things today.”

The story on Darrelle Revis isn’t as promising.

Right now he’s hurting. Unless he gets better, it’ll go right up until game time.

Same goes for Eric Decker:

I haven’t seen any progress from him.

Although Bowles did rule out the possibility of Decker going on injured reserve right now.

Bowles also said he will know more about Brian Winters status on Friday. Here is the full injury report.

NY Jets Injury Report

Practice Report
Did Not Participate In Practice
Wednesday TE Braedon Bowman (knee), WR Eric Decker (shoulder), WR Jalin Marshall (shoulder), QB Bryce Petty (right shoulder), CB Darrelle Revis (hamstring), G Brian Winters (concussion)
Thursday TE Braedon Bowman (knee), WR Eric Decker (shoulder), QB Bryce Petty (right shoulder), CB Darrelle Revis (hamstring), G Brian Winters (concussion)
Limited Participation in Practice
Wednesday T Ryan Clady (shoulder), RB Matt Forte (knee, ribs)
Thursday T Ryan Clady (shoulder), WR Jalin Marshall (shoulder), DE Muhammad Wilkerson (ankle)
Full Participation in Practice
Wednesday WR Robby Anderson (back), WR Brandon Marshall (foot), LB Lorenzo Mauldin (illness), WR Jeremy Ross (hamstring), DE Muhammad Wilkerson (ankle)
Thursday WR Robby Anderson (back), RB Matt Forte (knee, ribs), WR Brandon Marshall (foot), LB Lorenzo Mauldin (illness), WR Jeremy Ross (hamstring), CB Buster Skrine (foot)

Pittsburgh Steelers Injury Report

Practice Report
Did Not Participate In Practice
Wednesday T Marcus Gilbert (ankle), CB Senquez Golson (foot), T Ryan Harris (shin), LB Jarvis Jones (ankle), WR Eli Rogers (toe), LB Ryan Shazier (knee), C Cody Wallace (knee), RB DeAngelo Williams (not injury related)
Thursday CB Justin Gilbert (knee), T Marcus Gilbert (ankle), CB Senquez Golson (foot), T Ryan Harris (shin), WR Eli Rogers (toe), LB Ryan Shazier (knee), C Cody Wallace (knee)
Limited Participation in Practice
Wednesday CB Justin Gilbert (knee), S Robert Golden (hamstring)
Thursday S Robert Golden (hamstring), LB Jarvis Jones (ankle)
Full Participation in Practice
Wednesday LB Anthony Chickillo (knee), G Ramon Foster (chest), WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (shoulder), RB Roosevelt Nix (back)
Thursday LB Anthony Chickillo (knee), G Ramon Foster (chest), WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (shoulder), RB Roosevelt Nix (back)
Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
ZF_7xoW4ZK4

Click here to read the full story...

Just now, thshadow said:

Anyone know what's going on with Forte?  I'm sure he'll play.  But is he still going to get 90% of the plays?

They've been pounding him up the gut. He's never been good in that role. His stats last year showed he was about the worst in the NFL in that role. He's a receiver, and if the Jets don't start using him that way, I have to wonder what sort of player research our coaches are doing as they work individuals into the scheme.

He's being grossly mis-used right now. It'll lead to lack of production, and injuries.

51 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Revis is suffering AntonioBrownitus. It's a rare disease, said the team doctor, and only happens when the Jets are playing the Steelers...

lol, seriously... it couldn't be any more obvious.

Remember that time Randy Moss beat him for a TD, then he grabbed his hammy? He's such a puss about this stuff. He's been barking back at his critics this year too... ******* baby. You hold out this many times, and get paid this much, you take the criticism.

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Remember that time Randy Moss beat him for a TD, then he grabbed his hammy? He's such a puss about this stuff. He's been barking back at his critics this year too... ******* baby. You hold out this many times, and get paid this much, you take the criticism.

And Sammy Watkins. And I forget which other non-scrub WR made him his $16M bitch. If taken at his word, the guy has never been beaten by an NFL WR while he was healthy. Not ever.

Freaking kids in Little League fake injuries out of embarrassment when they make errors. Difference is they're children.

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't know why Bowles doesn't adjust the schemes. The Jets secondary is slow, and they should go with cover2/3 "bend but don't break" schemes. I know it isn't really a flashy type defense, but the Bucs won a Super Bowl with it and had the #1 defense in the league that year because it had a great defensive line anchored by Warren Sapp. I think the Jets defense is actually more talented than that one, and this type of defense emphasizes D-line strength 

11 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

I don't know why Bowles doesn't adjust the schemes. The Jets secondary is slow, and they should go with cover2/3 "bend but don't break" schemes. I know it isn't really a flashy type defense, but the Bucs won a Super Bowl with it and had the #1 defense in the league that year because it had a great defensive line anchored by Warren Sapp. I think the Jets defense is actually more talented than that one, and this type of defense emphasizes D-line strength 

Bowles doe not know the meaning of adjustment

I know it isn't really a flashy type defense, but the Bucs won a Super Bowl with it and had the #1 defense in the league that year because it had a great defensive line anchored by Warren Sapp. I think the Jets defense is actually more talented than that one, and this type of defense emphasizes D-line strength 

So the Jets have a more talented defense than the 2nd greatest defense in the history of the NFL?

Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What's going on with Petty?  He's missing such important practice time right now.  It feels like it's been a week to week thing for over a month now.

they obviously understated the severity of the injury.  just goes to show you how much they want him around practices so he can play when they're out of playoff contention.

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What's going on with Petty?  He's missing such important practice time right now.  It feels like it's been a week to week thing for over a month now.

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

they obviously understated the severity of the injury.  just goes to show you how much they want him around practices so he can play when they're out of playoff contention.

As a benefit Hackenberg must be getting the 3rd string reps now, Surprised no reporters have asked about hackenberg's progress at this point. 

8 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

So the Jets have a more talented defense than the 2nd greatest defense in the history of the NFL?

Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

At least the Jets don't cheat. Lance Armstrong-er-Tom Brady is coming back with a well-deserved asterick next to his name. You should go back to Patsy land

8 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Not putting Petty on IR designated to return list is baffling to me if he still isn't practicing.

I was thinking of that but maybe the return date from that was too late. PUP is 6 weeks and I brainfarted in preseason when I forgot that he was ineligible b/c he was playing all along. But isn't IR designated to return like a week 8 at the earliest thing? If so it would mean he can't even practice for the first time until after week 8. Then figure a week minimum to get his rhythm back if we're lucky, and his first start is week 9.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I was thinking of that but maybe the return date from that was too late. PUP is 6 weeks and I brainfarted in preseason when I forgot that he was ineligible b/c he was playing all along. But isn't IR designated to return like a week 8 at the earliest thing? If so it would mean he can't even practice for the first time until after week 8. Then figure a week minimum to get his rhythm back if we're lucky, and his first start is week 9.

Its practice eligible after week 6, and play eligible after week 8 I believe for IR designated for return.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, this is what I have right now:

1. San Francisco 49ers: Myles Garrett, DE, TAMU

2. Cleveland Browns: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

3. Tennessee Titans: Jabril Peppers, S, Michigan

4. Jets: Teez Tabor, CB, UF

5. Chicago Bears: DeShaun Watson, QB, Clemson 

cc: @RutgersJetFan

may rather have jourdan lewis cb michigan.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Its practice eligible after week 6, and play eligible after week 8 I believe for IR designated for return.

Hm, then it's pretty close.

It also is a bit of a head scratcher in general because failing to IR/return him suggests they really want him back as soon as he's healthy enough (i.e. to use). On the other hand, the reason he got injured is he was playing in the last PS game after he was named #3 behind Geno.

I can strain to rationalize why (for example, if they wanted him to be the #2, but not for the first few weeks). But I'm sorry that's weak planning. If you believe he'll be good enough to be the #2 that quickly, then he's good enough to risk not being in the last PS game, and start the season as #2. Only other reasons I can rationalize is if they figured they might be able to trade Geno in those first 1-5 weeks should enough QBs go down with injuries, but again that's a terrible reason. Or on immediate notice they think Geno will do a better job of mop-up duty for a game and maybe 1 more start before an mildly injured Fitz returns. All are weak arguments.

In other words, I'm stumped at the logic.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Thanks for signing him Jets. He was wonderful with the Patriots in their Super Bowl winning season. The Jets march to mediocrity continues, even more so with a fan like you.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, this is what I have right now:

1. San Francisco 49ers: Myles Garrett, DE, TAMU

2. Cleveland Browns: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

3. Tennessee Titans: Jabril Peppers, S, Michigan

4. Jets: Teez Tabor, CB, UF

5. Chicago Bears: DeShaun Watson, QB, Clemson 

cc: @RutgersJetFan

I wonder if it possible to get America to coalesce around a single spelling of dee-shorn

59 minutes ago, Maine Coon Cat said:

Thanks for signing him Jets. He was wonderful with the Patriots in their Super Bowl winning season. The Jets march to mediocrity continues, even more so with a fan like you.

Sick burn.

Now I can see why you felt compelled to sign up at a rival site, with witticisms like this, you an exemplary Pats fan.

On 10/7/2016 at 1:41 PM, Integrity28 said:

Sick burn.

Now I can see why you felt compelled to sign up at a rival site, with witticisms like this, you an exemplary Pats fan.

I would respect your opinion if you could both spell correctly (spell check is available)and write complete sentences. BTW I was a NYC resident (upper East Side) and Patriots fan for the last 15 years until I moved to Cape Cod last year.

Archived