The Jets are fine, so it's okay to stop Panicking

Tinstar

When the schedule came out, I took a good look and decided for myself that the Jets would go 0-6 and finish the season 9-7 with an outside shot at making the playoffs as long as the starting QB stayed the starting QB . With Decker going down for the year, I will revise that to say 7-8 or 8-8  and no playoffs yet again . With week 6 around the corner, the Jets have a chance to be ahead of schedule having already won 1 of the 6 games I expected them to lose and still with the opportunity to win yet another with a the Cardinals up next and also struggling .

Should we go out to Arizona and came away with the win (in a very winnable Game) we would have won 2 games I didn't think we would win when I 1st saw the schedule .  Looking forward, because I'm a fan and can do that, the schedule has 2 games after Monday where the Jets will be decided underdogs and that's both Patriot games . The Rams defense will present a challenge and then what . We win this game, and we will have weathered the Storm that the NFL threw us into to start the year . We have sustain 1 major injury navigating this schedule storm, and it's not unto death .  The Jets are fine, Todd Bowles is fine and the organization is still behind schedule but only because of the QB situation .

It's all in how you see a thing .

That is all .

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

Oh good. Cuz that's much better. I mean, as we know, going 7-9 is an awesome way to move the franchise forward. Super fun to watch too.

I thought this thread was started by RayRay  saying we can get in at 9-7.

I dont see us winning even 7 games.

In a sense I agree. If Fitz reverts back to his quality of last year then Jets may win about 6,7 games.

I don't like it. Fitz isn't the answer, so why play him when we have at least one guy with potential on the roster. Gotta check him out when he is healthy.

Is there more pride in going 6-10 with Fitz than in finishing 3-13 with Petty?

Not in my humble opinion.

Oh good. Cuz that's much better. I mean, as we know, going 7-9 is an awesome way to move the franchise forward. Super fun to watch too.

Let me ask you this question > what is your expectations for the rest of this season ?

1 minute ago, BrickTamland said:

In a sense I agree. If Fitz reverts back to his quality of last year then Jets may win about 6,7 games.

I don't like it. Fitz isn't the answer, so why play him when we have at least one guy with potential on the roster. Gotta check him out when he is healthy.

Is there more pride in going 6-10 with Fitz than in finishing 3-13 with Petty?

Not in my humble opinion.

Ill take 3-13 for a draft pick Alex.  Under the subject...Teams that suck for 200.

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

Let me ask you this question > what is your expectations for the rest of this season ?

I'm hoping for a top 3 or 4 pick in next year's draft, but what I expect is a meaningless late season run that gets Fitz a 3 year contract extension and a career ending injury to Leonard Williams in Week 17.

It's the Jets.

We have spent high 1st round draft picks on DTs , CBs lbers and safeties, every level of the defense and what have we got to show for it . It starts and ends with the QB, and until that position is filled, we're spinning our wheels in the mud.

Every road game we will be underdogs. The only home game where we will likely be favorites is MIA. Maybe pick'em for LA.

The thing people don't credit is the impact of the reality of being 1-4, 1-5, etc... If our season started against cupcakes and we went 4-1, the impact of that confidence going against a better team plays a factor. When you start out 1-4, conversely you start grumbling in the locker room, confidence goes down, and you end up not playing as well against the easier teams.

We are not a good enough team to count any game on our schedule as a certain win. We will certainly win more games this year, but other than CLE there is no team on our schedule that we are just flat out better than.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping for a top 3 or 4 pick in next year's draft, but what I expect is a meaningless late season run that gets Fitz a 3 year contract extension and a career ending injury to Leonard Williams in Week 17.

It's the Jets.

Now look at your expectations and mine, and tell me who's moving forward and who's not .

It's all in how you see a thing beloved .

Be a fan beloved, not a fanatic . Until the final whistle blows on the season, the Jets have a chance and nobody on this board is going to convince me otherwise. It's how I watch the games and it's how I live . 

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

Now look at your expectations and mine, and tell me who's moving forward and who's not .

It's all in how you see a thing beloved .

Be a fan beloved, not a fanatic . Until the final whistle blows on the season, the Jets have a chance and nobody on this board is going to convince me otherwise. It's how I watch the games and it's how I live 

What kind of work are you in that you can drop acid every day?

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Please define fine??

Take a look at the schedule after this game . Take out the 2 Patriots games . say that is 6 games we don't win .  The only thing about this season I dislike is that we will be no closer to finding a Qb than we were when we finished last season and that is terrible with 4 on the roster and 3 of them under 26 years old . 

What kind of work are you in that you can drop acid every day?

I don't drink, smoke or any such thing . I do however have a potty mouth that I'm working on and some other issues that "The Word" helps me deal with .   Without Faith it's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I expected 8-8 from this team. Fitz is Fitz and is having a Fitz season.  Anybody that's followed him should have known that this could happen.

what I didn't expect was a total collapse of the defense. It's really shocking to say the least. And that really worries me about the coaching staff.

Just now, Pac said:

1-4 with the worst QB in the league and a horribly under performing defense is "fine"?

The Jets are the team that others are looking at on their schedules and considering a easy W.

perfect, then those teams will take us likely, just like the vast majority of this fan base is doing.

I have about 40 minutes left before I have to leave for work . wanna keep trying or do you want to join me and bring some sunlight into that gloomy morning of yours.

It doesn't matter how tough the schedule looked on paper before the season started.  Games aren't won or lost on paper.  We've had winnable games and failed miserably.  We had every opportunity to beat Cincinnati.  We had a banged up Russell Wilson coming east for a 1 PM start, and gave the game away.  We were not competitive at all against KC and Pittsburgh. 

These aren't things to feel good about, or signs that the schedule alone is why we've sucked.  We've sucked because we're either not very talented, not well coached, or a strong combination of both. 

1 minute ago, PatsFanTX said:

Other than delusional homerism, how is Arizona a "very winnable" game?

The Jets are 8 point underdogs and Fitz has such a great record playing good teams on the road.

Both Defenses are underperforming and both Offenses are underperforming . Our special teams is playing better than theirs. This game is winnable . Winning it is another story altogether .

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Both Defenses are underperforming and both Offenses are underperforming . Our special teams is playing better than theirs. This game is winnable . Winning it is another story altogether .

lol.  Just like the Cincinnati and Seattle games.  Just because a game is "winnable" doesn't mean anything.  All that matters is the bold.  Will we win this game?  No.  We won't.  Will we still be "fine", in your opinion, at 1-5?  Unless your goal is a top 5 draft pick, we're anything but "fine".

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

The Jets are not fine.

1-4 isn't the real problem.  It's how they've played to get to 1-4.

If they were 1-4 but competitive, you could make a "tough schedule" argument.  But, in the past 3 games, they didn't even put up a fight.

Yep.  How you lose matters.  I've felt worse after these Jet losses than I did when my Mets lost to the Giants in the 1-game playoff.  Because the way the Jets losses have come have made it quite clear that Todd Bowles probably sucks.  And Macc might not be very good either, depending on how Petty/Hackenberg pan out. 

That's a pretty sh*tty realization to have just 5 weeks into the 2nd season of yet another new Jets regime.  Just how many times will we have to go back to the drawing board, with a terrible owner in charge of the show?

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

perfect, then those teams will take us likely, just like the vast majority of this fan base is doing.

I have about 40 minutes left before I have to leave for work . wanna keep trying or do you want to join me and bring some sunlight into that gloomy morning of yours.

The sun doesn't come up in my world until 10AM.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It doesn't matter how tough the schedule looked on paper before the season started.  Games aren't won or lost on paper.  We've had winnable games and failed miserably.  We had every opportunity to beat Cincinnati.  We had a banged up Russell Wilson coming east for a 1 PM start, and gave the game away.  We were not competitive at all against KC and Pittsburgh. 

These aren't things to feel good about, or signs that the schedule alone is why we've sucked.  We've sucked because we're either not very talented, not well coached, or a strong combination of both. 

Or we got beat by teams we all thought were better than us when the schedule came out .  We have made mistakes, and so what . If this team is so poorly coached and is so lacking in talent, how have we managed to be so close to winning these games with all the mistakes the players and coaches  are making ?

46 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

When the schedule came out, I took a good look and decided for myself that the Jets would go 0-6 and finish the season 9-7 with an outside shot at making the playoffs as long as the starting QB stayed the starting QB . With Decker going down for the year, I will revise that to say 7-8 or 8-8  and no playoffs yet again . With week 6 around the corner, the Jets have a chance to be ahead of schedule having already won 1 of the 6 games I expected them to lose and still with the opportunity to win yet another with a the Cardinals up next and also struggling .

Should we go out to Arizona and came away with the win (in a very winnable Game) we would have won 2 games I didn't think we would win when I 1st saw the schedule .  Looking forward, because I'm a fan and can do that, the schedule has 2 games after Monday where the Jets will be decided underdogs and that's both Patriot games . The Rams defense will present a challenge and then what . We win this game, and we will have weathered the Storm that the NFL threw us into to start the year . We have sustain 1 major injury navigating this schedule storm, and it's not unto death .  The Jets are fine, Todd Bowles is fine and the organization is still behind schedule but only because of the QB situation .

It's all in how you see a thing .

That is all .

Silly me. I guess I've been focused too much on this:

Bad Coaching

Bad communication

Blown assignments

Lack of Focus

Horrible QB play

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This.

We are a John Idzik 4-12 disaster in the process of a 5 Year rebuild who got 10 wins against a cupcake schedule last year and will get 7 wins against a challenging schedule this year.  People see what they want to see.  If you wanted to see an up-and-coming team with one more year under its belt you fooled yourself into thinking this was a win-now team.  We simply are not.

This isn't rocket science.  This is the fallout from the Tannebaum/Idzik/Ryan era which failed to focus on both sides of the ball and busted two franchise quarterback prospects.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, gEYno said:

The Jets are not fine.

1-4 isn't the real problem.  It's how they've played to get to 1-4.

If they were 1-4 but competitive, you could make a "tough schedule" argument.  But, in the past 3 games, they didn't even put up a fight.

Pretty much nails it. The Jets are a mess. And I'm beginning to think it's as much coaching as it is player talent.

If this team is so poorly coached and is so lacking in talent, how have we managed to be so close to winning these games with all the mistakes the players and coaches  are making ?

What games were you watching?

The Jets got blown out by the Chiefs, Seahawks and Steelers.

Archived