When was the last time a QB has been this comically awful?

JetUp91

Actually, Sanchez was. Here's another question - who else this offseason will be gone? 

Fitz - gone

Revis - gone

Brandon Marshall - probably gone

Richardson - gone

Decker - probably gone

Gilchrist - probably gone 

Harris - probably gone

Forte - probably gone

1 minute ago, Freemanm said:

Actually, Sanchez was. Here's another question - who else this offseason will be gone? 

Fitz - gone

Revis - gone

Richardson - gone

Decker - probably gone

Harris - probably gone

Forte - probably gone

I really don't think Sanchez was ever THIS bad. Even with much less to work with.

5 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

Anybody have this info on this? Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith with ZERO weapons weren't even this horrific.

The Pennington to Clemens to Favre to Sanchez to Geno stretch I believe averaged over 20 turnovers per year from the QB position. I think we're shooting for our average here.

5 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

Anybody have this info on this? Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith with ZERO weapons weren't even this horrific.

you double marshal and the jets still have zero, reliable weapons. the answer to your question is plenty. only difference is when qb's play this bad, they usually get benched

I think Forte is too hard to cut next year.

We could use Decker another year.

Don't forget about Mangold and Clady.  Oh...and the other OL are all free agents. So the Jets only have 2 older, expensive linemen under contract.

The roster is in shambles.

6 hours ago, JetUp91 said:

His throwing is just so abominable.  It is not just lack of arm strength.  It is timing and it is decision-making.  He misses wide open guys all the time.  He throws behind guys on a lot of completions.  And last night he almost got Peake killed.  His obsession with Marshall screams of a flag football mentality.  Total schoolyard.  Sigh.

26 minutes ago, jack48 said:

His throwing is just so abominable.  It is not just lack of arm strength.  It is timing and it is decision-making.  He misses wide open guys all the time.  He throws behind guys on a lot of completions.  And last night he almost got Peake killed.  His obsession with Marshall screams of a flag football mentality.  Total schoolyard.  Sigh.

THIS!!!

Fitz - gone
Revis - gone
Richardson - gone
Decker - probably gone
Harris - probably gone
Forte - probably gone

I doubt they let both Decker and marshal go in the off-season of they even let one go. I wouldn't be surprised if forte comes back for one more season and gilchrist too. These are all talented players who are being used poorly at the moment

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Maybe Tebow?

12mil     

That should be the new fan ad campaign.  On banners, billboards, website popup ads, t-shirts, bumper stickers...

Nothing else.  Just "12mil'.  Not even green.  White text on a black background.

Re-signing Fitz for anything more than 5mil and to be the starter shows we have the dumbest GM/coach/owner combination in the league.  And it filters down to a good portion of our fellow Jet fans as well.

It's either that, or a possibility I suggested in one of the polls this summer.  Crack.  The crack epidemic among a large portion of our fan base and the Jets front office has reached critical levels.

Every Jets QB since Joe at some point in time looked just like this; Todd, O'Brien, Boomer (had moments), Vinny had chances but reverted to inceptaverde , one good year of Peny who became the Noodle "like an egg back there", even Favre after the injury (the first 8 games were magic) Marky (couple of playoff games), Geno, Fitz set the record in 2015 (yea)

it's a horror show that has to end with a top 10 pick in 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_York_Jets_starting_quarterbacks

Only Penny has over a 60% career completion rate, all have huge TD/INT rates

Name Comp Att  % Yds TD Int
O'Brien, Ken 2,039 3,465 58.8% 24,386 124 95
Namath, Joe 1,836 3,655 50.2% 27,057 170 215
Todd, Richard 1,433 2,623 54.6% 18,241 110 138
Pennington, Chad 1,259 1,919 65.6% 13,738 82 55
Testaverde, Vinny 1,094 1,854 59.0% 12,497 77 58
Sanchez, Mark 1,028 1,867 55.1% 12,092 68 69

Archived