Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Game Thread

Gone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is your go-to when you're scum.  One little push and vote and you talk about how dumb Mafia has gotten. 

Pushing false meta, again. Everyone knows I say mafia is dumb, regardless of role.

Hell, you of all people should know. You're the one I attribute it to, and you know it.

Pinging hard. My vote stays.

8 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

CFD on Leelou.

Vote Leelou

hi

4 hours ago, Pac said:

cool.

Now you want to answer the question you disgusting mutt?

There are various different setups, there is a wiki link somewhere about the setup (I'm too lazy to go look for it). If you are town you can tell which one once you start to see role flips, or if you are scum you already have a fairly good idea which one it is. 

2 hours ago, Leelou said:

hi

There are various different setups, there is a wiki link somewhere about the setup (I'm too lazy to go look for it). If you are town you can tell which one once you start to see role flips, or if you are scum you already have a fairly good idea which one it is. 

Thanks for the explanation Sexy V. 

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Ape (3): Gerbal, Dicker, 80

JiF (2): Pac, JiF

80 (2): Ape, Ballin

Dicker (1): Leelou

Gerbal (1): Crusher

Lee (1): JC

Pac (1): Hess

Not Voting (2): Smash, Spoot

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

***Deadline will be set in a bit to sometimes tomorrow :P

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪buffy the vampire slayer gif‬‏

Because I've been asked several times.... here's a recap about C9++

Player: What is this stupid crap about c9++?    Wiki link: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9%2B%2B

Mod: It's not as complicated as it seems. It's a semi open setup that is randmized by the me randing 7 consecutive numbers between 1-100. 50% of all randomized setups include a SK. The only possible town roles are: Cop (One shot, full or a combination of both or more), Doc (One shot, full or a combination of both or more), Vig (One shot, full or a combination of both or more), Innocent child/Masons (or a combination of both or more), Roleblocker (One shot, full or a combination of both or more). The only possible scum roles are: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Godfather (A combination of these or only part of these combined - the different options are listed in Wiki).

Example of rand: Say I rand the numbers  8, 35, 98, 66, 65, 88, 99.

I use the ranges listed in wiki to turn the numbers into letters.

• 1-50 = T (Townie. This actually directly influences scum powerroles.)
  • 51-65 = C (Cop)
  • 66-75 = D (Doctor)
  • 76-85 = V (Vigilante)
  • 86-95 = M (Mason)
  • 96-100 = B (Blocker)

This turns my rand into: 8(T)  35(T)  98(B)  66(D)  65(C)  88(M)  99(B)

If you look at Wiki there are individual determinations for every role based on the numbers of times you got every letter. And you get your setup:

For the anti town team you get: TT = Mafia Goon + Mafia Roleblocker + Mafia Godfather

For town you get

BB = Town Roleblocker + 1xTown Roleblocker

D = Town Doctor

C = 1x Town Cop

M = Innocent Child

And then add 5 VTs to complete to 13 players. 

Hope this was helpful. If not, GFY :P 

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Eew. 80 pinging, over-selling a pile-on vote.

Verbal has been trolling me about using RL for a number of games now, going back before the long break. My response has nothing to do with the game. It's about my sportsmanship being insulted.

What sportsmanship? ;-)

But seriously, it is a scum tell for you.  I've nailed you several times for this kind of stuff, with varying results.  I'm right more than I'm wrong, but I don't always get a lynch on you for it.  We'll see what happens this game.

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

Nothing to see here except Verbal chastising ape for being busy at work

80 quoting a couple of replies from the ape is reaching

jc automatically clearing 80 for the weak case he made.  

Have an awesome day!

You, too!  Can you perhaps fit "reading comprehension" into your awesome day today?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

Nothing to see here except Verbal chastising ape for being busy at work

80 quoting a couple of replies from the ape is reaching

jc automatically clearing 80 for the weak case he made.  

Have an awesome day!

Eww.  Couldn't disagree more with this post, seems like either a separation from reality or obv scum.  Verbal wasn't chastising anybody.  If anything, Ape chastised Verbal for pointing out a legitimate ping.  Then you go on to disparage both me and JC as a result.  That's an awful lot of wrong in one post.  You defending a scum teammate here?

38 minutes ago, Verbal said:

That was the best retort you had?  I thought CTM just made it look easy to beat you down....apparently it really is easy.

lol, okay

36 minutes ago, Verbal said:

What sportsmanship? ;-)

But seriously, it is a scum tell for you.  I've nailed you several times for this kind of stuff, with varying results.  I'm right more than I'm wrong, but I don't always get a lynch on you for it.  We'll see what happens this game.

This statement doesn't even make sense. 

I've always shared with you guys what I have going on in my life, and how I think it may effect both my availability to play and, at times, my temperament during the game. I do it out of respect for the game and the players. 

Here's what actually happened, to lead Verbal to his newest, favorite strawman. He made a very good gut read on me in a game a couple months before we took the big break. I was scum. Nobody would listen to him. He built weak arguments for why I was scum, because it was just a gut read, and I just as quickly extinguished their validity. At some point, in the course of the game, I told people I had sh*t going on, like I always do. He chose to lay off me, which I specifically told him not to do. In doing so, I basically admitted to being scum, but the self-revealing statement was lost on everyone.

After the game, he saw that he was right about me, and decided that the only reason he couldn't get me lynched was because I posted something about RL. Ignoring the effort I'd put into ruining his case within my gameplay. Ever since then, he calls me scum in every game the minute I give an update about my schedule. Nevermind that I've always done so.

He's convinced himself that he's right about this "tell" in recent games simply because I rolled scum a lot. Not because it's valid, but because of chance. I'm going to mention RL in ever game, so that is a constant, so the reality is that if he guessed I'm scum every game, he's going to get it right occasionally. This all seems lost on him.

So yea, with that, I've got almost no interest in this game. Sorry @Nynaeve. I expect bullsh*tty rhetoric and bickering in mafia, but not to have to defend myself for something I've been doing for 5 or so years as a courtesy. This is plain stupid.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

meh... c9 is for the birds..  too much thinking.  still don't get it after skimming it just now.

Unvote 

Vote Ape 

because why not.

Probably the only honest vote on me. 

I can accept the non-explanation vote by decckerfan. However, 80 is grossly over-selling the additional vote and using false meta as part of that explanation. 80's vote is dirtiest.

Verbal is clueless, as you can see in my recent post, he's convinced himself of a "tell" born out of his own failure. The good news is he's looking for tells, and not sitting back waiting for opportunities to sick townies on each other, which reads like town play from Verbal. So that's nice. Too bad he's useless and stupid.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, okay

This statement doesn't even make sense. 

I've always shared with you guys what I have going on in my life, and how I think it may effect both my availability to play and, at times, my temperament during the game. I do it out of respect for the game and the players. 

Here's what actually happened, to lead Verbal to his newest, favorite strawman. He made a very good gut read on me in a game a couple months before we took the big break. I was scum. Nobody would listen to him. He built weak arguments for why I was scum, because it was just a gut read, and I just as quickly extinguished their validity. At some point, in the course of the game, I told people I had sh*t going on, like I always do. He chose to lay off me, which I specifically told him not to do. In doing so, I basically admitted to being scum, but the self-revealing statement was lost on everyone.

After the game, he saw that he was right about me, and decided that the only reason he couldn't get me lynched was because I posted something about RL. Ignoring the effort I'd put into ruining his case within my gameplay. Ever since then, he calls me scum in every game the minute I give an update about my schedule. Nevermind that I've always done so.

He's convinced himself that he's right about this "tell" in recent games simply because I rolled scum a lot. Not because it's valid, but because of chance. I'm going to mention RL in ever game, so that is a constant, so the reality is that if he guessed I'm scum every game, he's going to get it right occasionally. This all seems lost on him.

So yea, with that, I've got almost no interest in this game. Sorry @Nynaeve. I expect bullsh*tty rhetoric and bickering in mafia, but not to have to defend myself for something I've been doing for 5 or so years as a courtesy. This is plain stupid.

I got under your skin.

This post was beautifully written, btw.  Half of it is gross exaggeration, but still beautiful.  The reason I decided to lay off you that game is because you brought snapping at your wife into it.  I didn't want that to influence anything on my end, but it did - I was sure you'd never bring that into a game as scum.  I was wrong.  I was right about you being scum, and you are right in that I had a weak case due to the gut read......but it has since become a tell for me (on you) based on how you bring your schedule and RL into games.  Not that you do.....you are right again in that you do it all the time.  But there are nuances to how you do it.

If you're going to give up because I'm on your @$$ about this, then shame on you.  If this is a ploy to be emo about it, then cool beans....I'm not buying it.  If I'm wrong in this game about your alignment, then so be it and I'm wrong.  But I'm not ready to accept that yet, especially considering your overreaction to every post of mine about this subject, heh.

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ping again.  This is where Ape does that thing where, when he's caught early, he states that he's lost interest in the game.  7 pages in, that's a new record. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ping again.  This is where Ape does that thing where, when he's caught early, he states that he's lost interest in the game.  7 pages in, that's a new record. 

Maybe he just sucks at mafia now?

18 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Where's Batman?

Actually, where's Leelou in all this?  Thoughts?

You can't read my schedule? I'm here now. You seem townie at this point, and I'm liking 80. Yay 3some? 

Ape, could actually vote here. He feels slightly over defensive. 

Crusher, defense of ape is null.

JC, eh feelings so far. 

I'm okay with Pac and Hess. 

Not much of a read on anyone else yet.

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

I got under your skin.

This post was beautifully written, btw.  Half of it is gross exaggeration, but still beautiful.  The reason I decided to lay off you that game is because you brought snapping at your wife into it.  I didn't want that to influence anything on my end, but it did - I was sure you'd never bring that into a game as scum.  I was wrong.  I was right about you being scum, and you are right in that I had a weak case due to the gut read......but it has since become a tell for me (on you) based on how you bring your schedule and RL into games.  Not that you do.....you are right again in that you do it all the time.  But there are nuances to how you do it.

If you're going to give up because I'm on your @$$ about this, then shame on you.  If this is a ploy to be emo about it, then cool beans....I'm not buying it.  If I'm wrong in this game about your alignment, then so be it and I'm wrong.  But I'm not ready to accept that yet, especially considering your overreaction to every post of mine about this subject, heh.

What are you talking about "giving up"? I apologized to Nyn for saying the game isn't interesting. Has nothing to do with giving up, just making sure she doesn't take offense at the criticism. It was meant for the players, you and 80 specifically. 

When was the last time I didn't accuse 80 of ruining mafia?

Nothing about that post is an exaggeration. It's exactly what happened, except I left out the part where you got more butt hurt than anyone Ive ever seen not named Brett, because I was being nice, and hoping that by not bringing up that part you'd maybe have an epiphany that your "tell" is about as reliable as guessing "heads" on every coin flip. 

You didn't get under my skin. I'm just speaking candidly. I think you may be projecting your own twatty personality into my words. Nothing about what I'm saying here comes from a a place of aggravation. It's more like befuddlement at the idea that your play has regressed this much.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Maybe he just sucks at mafia now?

Verbal, is it not apparent to you that 80 is piggy-backing your assertiveness towards me? But everything he's adding to it is false-meta. 

Me saying the game isn't interesting isn't a scum tell. I say it all the time when I think the gameplay is dumb. So, once again, this is something 80 knows damn well, since he's the one I think makes the games the most dumb, the most often.

1 hour ago, Leelou said:

You can't read my schedule? I'm here now. You seem townie at this point, and I'm liking 80. Yay 3some? 

Ape, could actually vote here. He feels slightly over defensive. 

Crusher, defense of ape is null.

JC, eh feelings so far. 

I'm okay with Pac and Hess. 

Not much of a read on anyone else yet.

Gross.

Hedging. Also, me being over-defensive is like saying water is wet. Gimme a ******* break.

Archived