Jet Bowl (Miami @ Notre Dame)

Mecca

Not sure how many people are watching, but Notre Dame and Miami are fighting at the half, and these 2 QB's are projected to go in the 1st round along with Watson whom is playing tonight. I'd assume a handful of our scouts are in attendance.

Young QBs to watch out for in the future, Both are sophomores currently.

Brett Rypien (son of Mark) from Boise State

Jake Browning from Washington

And uuhh just one more....

Luke Falk from Washington State (Peter Falk's grandson). Know he comes from a passing system, but I think he might be worth a flyer

No Jet scouts at the game according to NFL.com, Scouting the Scouts page:

Miami at Notre Dame

11 clubs attending: Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Kansas City Chiefs, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Diego Chargers.
Details: Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET (NBC)
Three top players: Miami (QB Brad Kaaya, CB Corn Elder, WR Stacy Coley); Notre Dame (OT Mike McGlinchey, QB DeShone Kizer, WR Equanimeous St. Brown).
Matchup to watch: Miami CB Corn Elder vs. Notre Dame WR Equanimeous Brown. The experience edge, appropriately, goes to the guy named Elder. The Hurricanes' top defensive player is having an outstanding season in his second year as a starter, while St. Brown is enjoying a breakout year as a sophomore who was a relative unknown before the season. The size edge most definitely goes to St. Brown, who at 6-5 is seven inches taller than Elder. Opposing quarterbacks haven't thrown Elder's way much, but Fighting Irish QB DeShone Kizer might not opt for that strategy. The Notre Dame offense needs St. Brown to get his touches whether Elder is lined up on him or not.

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Young QBs to watch out for in the future, Both are sophomores currently.

Brett Rypien (son of Mark) from Boise State

Jake Browning from Washington

And uuhh just one more....

Luke Falk from Washington State (Peter Falk's grandson). Know he comes from a passing system, but I think he might be worth a flyer

No Josh Rosen?!  A lot of young Carson Palmer in that kid.  I'd kill to get him if one of our youngins don't pan out. 

Will be interesting to see if Mitch Trubisky comes out or stays this year too.  I'm souring on the "top" guys with every passing week and he's a guy to keep an eye out for.  

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No Josh Rosen?!  A lot of young Carson Palmer in that kid.  I'd kill to get him if one of our youngins don't pan out. 

Will be interesting to see if Mitch Trubisky comes out or stays this year too.  I'm souring on the "top" guys with every passing week and he's a guy to keep an eye out for.  

Well Rosen is not having as good a season as the others I;ve mentioned. But of course, if he has a killer next season, his stock could be raised.

I'm really warming to Falk, if he comes out. Scouting report on him says he has a quick release. Needs to improve his arm strength a bit, but I love QBs with a quick release (insert joke here).

I'm worried that there is not enough sample size on Trubisky

probably about a 5% chance we take a QB in the first round. We are going to draft outside the top ten so the first qb or two are already likely gone. Also we just drafted a QB in the second round who i expect to stay on the roster, we have Petty who we took the year before in the fourth who i also expect is still on the roster I think we end up looking for a veteran QB and stick with those three i dont think we roll with three inexperienced quarterbacks in 2017 with Macc and Bowles careers on the line.

3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

probably about a 5% chance we take a QB in the first round. We are going to draft outside the top ten so the first qb or two are already likely gone. Also we just drafted a QB in the second round who i expect to stay on the roster, we have Petty who we took the year before in the fourth who i also expect is still on the roster I think we end up looking for a veteran QB and stick with those three i dont think we roll with three inexperienced quarterbacks in 2017 with Macc and Bowles careers on the line.

I think they cut bait with Petty if he doesnt show improvement in the preseason, plus whatever playing time he gets this year. Thus leaves Hackenberg, the rookie, and a veteran. It is the Ron Wolf way

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

One of these centuries the jets will realize that putting some 1st round talent on the offense could help. 

I really think the Jets wanted Corey Coleman this year badly, but he got drafted before they had the chance.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I really think the Jets wanted Corey Coleman this year badly, but he got drafted before they had the chance.

Fuller looks special and was drafted right behind us. Is there anything that shows we liked Coleman? I heard we liked Doctson.

12 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Fuller looks special and was drafted right behind us. Is there anything that shows we liked Coleman? I heard we liked Doctson.

Fuller has been non existent since week 3, not sure that's on him thou.  There was a lot of Coleman Jets chatter the week or 2 before the draft just like the Hackenberg chatter which turned out to be true.  And for our sake we better hope the Jets were all over Coleman as he was the best athlete in the draft and best WR in the draft offensively.

Also while we are talking about QB'S if someone can strip Pat Mahomes II down, and rebuild him from scratch they might have the next Aaron Rodgers, dude is physically special, but completely illiterate in pro style offense, and proper QB concepts that most HS prospects have because Techs offense is so gimmicky.  Don't be surprised if he shoots up boards come March because what he can do in shorts.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Fuller has been non existent since week 3, not sure that's on him thou.  There was a lot of Coleman Jets chatter the week or 2 before the draft just like the Hackenberg chatter which turned out to be true.  And for our sake we better hope the Jets were all over Coleman as he was the best athlete in the draft and best WR in the draft offensively.

Well Fuller got injured and Osweiler is atrocious. 

Coleman was my favorite WR in this draft as well. Our real mistake was not targeting RT with our 2nd round pick.

Just now, Mecca said:

Well Fuller got injured and Osweiler is atrocious. 

Coleman was my favorite WR in this draft as well. Our real mistake was not targeting RT with our 2nd round pick.

I'm still completely convinced that Jason Spriggs would have been the pick had Green Bay not traded up to get him

I think they cut bait with Petty if he doesnt show improvement in the preseason, plus whatever playing time he gets this year. Thus leaves Hackenberg, the rookie, and a veteran. It is the Ron Wolf way

It is possible Mac made a pretty clear statement that his philosophy was to draft a qb every year and create a pipeline however even if he follows through with what he said I can't see him drafting one in the first round because the media and the fan base would put too much pressure on him to start the kid even if he is not ready.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, jetscanes331 said:

He's a stud. Should have been on the canes. But I'm not a fan of RBS in the first.

Normally, I would have agreed, but I think he has a chance to be special.  At this point, I would be happy with either Cook or Fournette in the 1st.  This offense is in such desperate need of young playmakers that I would take either of these guys or a WR like Mike Williams of Juju Smith-Schuster.  

15 years since we have picked a WR in the 1st (Santana Moss in '01) and 26 years since we picked a RB (Blair Thomas in 1990).

16 hours ago, Mecca said:

Not sure how many people are watching, but Notre Dame and Miami are fighting at the half, and these 2 QB's are projected to go in the 1st round along with Watson whom is playing tonight. I'd assume a handful of our scouts are in attendance.

Since we're sh_tty at drafting anyway, why not just take the guy w/ the coolest name:  Greer Martini

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/greer-martini-wills-himself-into-starting-position-at-notre-dame

Archived