Woody caption contest

FlaJetsFan

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When you're a main supporter of the evil Bush family then, yes, you're a bad guy.

I still don't think we needed a new stadium btw.  And I still don't care much for our cold, industrial-feel ($1.6B) stadium. 

As for our practice facility, I meant Rex didn't use in preseason.  Regardless, why would fans be so excited about a great practice facility anyway?  Is it supposed to be a "silver lining" that our 3-5 team has a top-notch practice facility?  Do Patriot fans envy us for our practice facility?

When a longtime STH says we needed a new stadium, we needed a new stadium. And a better practice facility helps the players overall. I wouldn't wanna be going to a rundown place to work (practice). So give it up and stop using your political viewpoint to judge a man. I'm no Bush supporter myself but I like Woody. He's done a lot for the team and has been well served with the profits. 

20 hours ago, FlaJetsFan said:

It goes without saying that Woody Johnson is one of the most feared, respected, and beloved owners in the NFL.  The picture below says it all in terms of what a heavy hitter this guy is.  Can you think of a caption that maybe nails it in terms of what he's probably thinking of the season so far?

alg-jets-woody-johnson-jpg.jpg

#L7 isn't just a tailgate, it's a family. I have two friends @JoeC36 and @124

22 hours ago, FlaJetsFan said:

It goes without saying that Woody Johnson is one of the most feared, respected, and beloved owners in the NFL.  The picture below says it all in terms of what a heavy hitter this guy is.  Can you think of a caption that maybe nails it in terms of what he's probably thinking of the season so far?

The Store ran out of Dunce caps.

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

People can say what they wanted to about Hess but I think we would've kept BB had Hess still been alive.  And Belichick/Brady (and possibly 4 Superbowls) would've been won by the Jets.

But we'd be cheaters.  I'll pass.

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I still don't think we needed a new stadium btw.  And I still don't care much for our cold, industrial-feel ($1.6B) stadium. 

As for our practice facility, I meant Rex didn't use in preseason.  Regardless, why would fans be so excited about a great practice facility anyway?  Is it supposed to be a "silver lining" that our 3-5 team has a top-notch practice facility?  Do Patriot fans envy us for our practice facility?

We needed a new stadium desperately.  Perhaps it depends on where your seats were (if you were a STH, that is).  From my vantage in the mezzanine, Giants Stadium was falling apart.

As for the look/feel, go visit Gillette Stadium which is about as dull and lifeless as it gets, terrible parking situation, ramps that take forever to climb up, and about 10,000 fewer seats putting less fans in the facility.  I've been to a ton of NFL stadiums and they are all the same, just concrete and steel.  What makes the place are the fans and the fans in MetLife are no different, it's the same people, it's our home.

As for the training facility, there are several things that aren't held to a cap or a players union threshold and the biggest two are 1) training facilities and 2) travel.  Being one of the richest franchises in the league and having an owner that spends the money means that we can go first-class in both areas, gives us a big advantage over older/poorer franchises in lesser locales.  Florham Park is a palace, it's where the players report to work 8 months a year, blows away what Hofstra was, far better than the Giants have, and it's in a residential area where our players can find secluded homes and still be a stones-throw from the biggest city in the country.

SAR I

3 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Comparing Woody to Honest Abe now?

Gimme a break.

If you weren't on the season ticket holder waiting list from the mid-80's to the early 2000's you wouldn't understand.  The pre-internet era, the pre-Stubhub era, you simply couldn't get tickets to a game and the Jets would churn less than 1% of the Giants Stadium seats each year.  Grandfathers died, their Giants-fans grandchildren scooped up the tickets, they sold them for huge money to brokers, it put them through school, it bought them cars.  It blocked great fans for decades.

By instituting the PSL process the way he did, Woody Johnson finally allowed any Jets fan to get a seat of his choosing, at a price he wanted to pay, and have them in his name for 30 years.  You may not like the analogy, but to 18,000 fans on the wait list, they know the pain, they feel the same way.  When my number was called and I locked up my seats it was like Christmas morning.

SAR I

Hey guys, I had to hide a couple posts in this thread due to politics starting to creep in.  I know you were all trying to avoid the dreaded "P" word, but it seemed to happen anyway. 

I don't want to lock the thread so just try and avoid it from here on out. 

Thanks

3 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

Hey guys, I had to hide a couple posts in this thread due to politics starting to creep in.  I know you were all trying to avoid the dreaded "P" word, but it seemed to happen anyway. 

Thanks

Good. Now that we have that out of the way I would like to voice my grievances about the Millard Fillmore administration. 

1 hour ago, JoeC36 said:

Thanks

i wrote a long post/comment in this thread that was not a rant but a thoughtful analysis of woody as an nfl owner,  the passing observation on how he comports himself politically in a very public way was part of that analysis -- but only because he, woody johnson, the owner of the Jets, has politicized the ownership of this team -- unlike any previous owners of this club.  and yes, i do believe that the jets should not be a platform for anyone to foist their political opinions of jets fans -- an idea that woody himself, unlike, says, the Maras vis a vis Giants fans, clearly disrespects.  i also remarked, with examples, on several other aspects of his ownership, including his management skills, or lack thereof.  the fact that this post was childishly censored indicates to me that Jets Nation is no place for an honest discussion by adult fans about this team.  What I wrote was NOT a rant; this was what I intended as a long and thoughtful analysis of why woody has has failed as owner (except to enrich himself), and why it is extemely likely that he will continue to do so the field of play -- this being an analysis by someone who has been a loyal fan of the New York since the late 60s. I thought younger fans might also appreciate the historical perspective I included in my argument, where I contrast woody to the orignal ownership of the NY Jets and the type of ownership that started the AFL.  clearly whoever manages this site is more interested in suppressing opinions as to why this team has been failing so miserably in comparison to some of its competition than in actually allowing fans to discussing same.  so anyone now reading my response to this blatant act of censorship -- assuming my response is not also suppressed -- should now realize that Jets Nation is no place for fans to air their opinions in good faith -- opinions by longtime fans, not deliberate provocations by what are generalled referred to as "trolls" -- and will never be allowed to engage in a deeper discussion and more honest discussion as to the underlying reasons for the long term mediocrity of this team.  you disappoint, Sir:  I only hope Jets Nation's cowardice in refusing to confront the source of the problems of this team is not equally matched by the performance of the club later this week against the Fins.

5 hours ago, j4jets said:

When a longtime STH says we needed a new stadium, we needed a new stadium. And a better practice facility helps the players overall. I wouldn't wanna be going to a rundown place to work (practice). So give it up and stop using your political viewpoint to judge a man. I'm no Bush supporter myself but I like Woody. He's done a lot for the team and has been well served with the profits. 

Who bitches that our practice facilities are too nice so unnecessary?  

I don't get it.  I could see if we had a frustrating owner like the Wilpons, who don't do enough, try to nickel and dime their way through the MLB.  But Woody paid top dollar for the team.  Spent ridiculous money on a practice facility and offices and plunked down half for an extremely expensive stadium.  He hasn't been afraid to make changes and to ask for outside help.  Seems to me he's trying.  

Mans he hasn't politicized anybaspect of the team.  That's for people who have an issue with the right.  Somehow if he was a liberal dem, backing their candidates we wouldn't have heard boo from a few posters.  Since he's a republican he's not allowed to use his personal money and time supporting a candidate.  Like WTF are we to tell anyone who they can support?  If it's bothersome, try and find a billionaire owner who owns a team that's a dem

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We needed a new stadium desperately.  Perhaps it depends on where your seats were (if you were a STH, that is).  From my vantage in the mezzanine, Giants Stadium was falling apart.

As for the look/feel, go visit Gillette Stadium which is about as dull and lifeless as it gets, terrible parking situation, ramps that take forever to climb up, and about 10,000 fewer seats putting less fans in the facility.  I've been to a ton of NFL stadiums and they are all the same, just concrete and steel.  What makes the place are the fans and the fans in MetLife are no different, it's the same people, it's our home.

As for the training facility, there are several things that aren't held to a cap or a players union threshold and the biggest two are 1) training facilities and 2) travel.  Being one of the richest franchises in the league and having an owner that spends the money means that we can go first-class in both areas, gives us a big advantage over older/poorer franchises in lesser locales.  Florham Park is a palace, it's where the players report to work 8 months a year, blows away what Hofstra was, far better than the Giants have, and it's in a residential area where our players can find secluded homes and still be a stones-throw from the biggest city in the country.

SAR I

The stadiums in Miami and Kansas City are much nicer than MetLife. Gigantic concourses and spirals. Arrowhead you enter in the middle of the stadium, you go down to go to the lower deck and up to go to the upper deck. You're in and out in minutes compared to entering MetLife (non vips of cours) where you have to go through unorganized chaos ridden security lines and then everybody has to go up, whether it's the one escalator OT the state of the art zig zag walkway. MetLife is a 1.6 billion dollar abomination of a piece of sh*t. And there's no "enter" and "exit" doors in the bathrooms (absolutely retarded) in those stadiums lol just two big doorways and no lines!!

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you weren't on the season ticket holder waiting list from the mid-80's to the early 2000's you wouldn't understand.  The pre-internet era, the pre-Stubhub era, you simply couldn't get tickets to a game and the Jets would churn less than 1% of the Giants Stadium seats each year.  Grandfathers died, their Giants-fans grandchildren scooped up the tickets, they sold them for huge money to brokers, it put them through school, it bought them cars.  It blocked great fans for decades.

By instituting the PSL process the way he did, Woody Johnson finally allowed any Jets fan to get a seat of his choosing, at a price he wanted to pay, and have them in his name for 30 years.  You may not like the analogy, but to 18,000 fans on the wait list, they know the pain, they feel the same way.  When my number was called and I locked up my seats it was like Christmas morning.

SAR I

My wife's family were season ticket holders since the Jets were born -- we are talking Polo field Titan days.  At Shea we all went in thru Gate D, because the parking was more convenient there, then sat in Section 35, seats 1, 2, 3 and 4 right on the field; then we were grandfathered into Giants statium seats, which were not quite as good.  Those Shea seat were pure gold and we would not part with them for anything, to your point!  One could drive from Westchester around noon, get to Shea, watch the 1 o'clock game and be back in Weschester well before 4pm.  This is when games were played normally, and not delayed by TV commercials like the nonsense that goes on today with all the absurd standing around by players waiting for TV to tell them to resume playing. 

14 minutes ago, BP said:

The stadiums in Miami and Kansas City are much nicer than MetLife. Gigantic concourses and spirals. Arrowhead you enter in the middle of the stadium, you go down to go to the lower deck and up to go to the upper deck. You're in and out in minutes compared to entering MetLife (non vips of cours) where you have to go through unorganized chaos ridden security lines and then everybody has to go up, whether it's the one escalator OT the state of the art zig zag walkway. MetLife is a 1.6 billion dollar abomination of a piece of sh*t. And there's no "enter" and "exit" doors in the bathrooms (absolutely retarded) in those stadiums lol just two big doorways and no lines!!

Miami and Kansas City:  I've been to both stadiums, they are not nicer than MetLife, stop with the mythology.  The reason you are in/out in minutes in Kansas City is because the stadium is in the middle of nowhere and they have huge parking lots unencumbered by a city like Manhattan.  The seats in KC are very tightly packed and very steep, they are uncomfortable, the place is blistering hot, they gave us a loaf of bread as a gift as we went through the parking gates, and they ran out of water in the third quarter on opening day 2005.

Concourses:  Forgive me BP, but don't you spend 2 hours in the parking lot getting sh-tfaced at a tailgate before a game?  If so, why do you care what the concourses look like since you won't remember them a moment after you pass through them to buy another beer and piss it out?  Since smoking is outlawed concourses don't matter, no one mingles for smoke or boobs at halftime anymore.  MetLife has a ton of concessions and bathrooms, the lines must be 75% shorter than KC and Miami even though our stadium holds 10,000+ more fans than those two do.

Escalator Entry:  This is the brilliance of MetLife Stadium.  It's divided into 4 separate sections, it's like 4 mini-stadiums bundled together.  Instead of 82,500 people all trying to get into the 2 gates nearest the most parking (Verizon and MetLife) fans are only allowed entry into one of the 4 gates where their seats actually are.  You remember the mad scramble at the end of games at Giants Stadium where fans would run from Gate A to Gate C inside the stadium itself, run a huge circle, crashing into people, people going in all directions, it was Penn Station at rush hour, it was chaos.  Now fans are cordoned off in their own 1/4 slice of the pie and as such the escalators (up) and stairways (down) are smooth and chaos-free before and after games.

I appreciate that I've done such a good job of defending our stadium that you are left with straw-grasping abstract theories at this point, but you're going to have to do better than this.  I've been to Kansas City, Miami, Jacksonville, New England, Indianapolis, San Diego, and Green Bay and they all have their upsides and downsides, MetLife is on-par.  Not better than these places, not worse, about the same.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I dont like these new "season ticket holder" hats and neither will SAR I. 

@SAR I

Those are not season ticket holder hats; that's a Reebok knit hat from the 2006 collection, I have it as well as the down parka (with fur hood trim) and gloves (block print + logos) to match.  I wore this ensemble to the Wildcard game at Foxboro in January of 2007 and will be wearing it for the upcoming 3 night games in December.

SAR I

1 hour ago, FlaJetsFan said:

i wrote a long post/comment in this thread that was not a rant but a thoughtful analysis of woody as an nfl owner,  the passing observation on how he comports himself politically in a very public way was part of that analysis -- but only because he, woody johnson, the owner of the Jets, has politicized the ownership of this team -- unlike any previous owners of this club.  and yes, i do believe that the jets should not be a platform for anyone to foist their political opinions of jets fans -- an idea that woody himself, unlike, says, the Maras vis a vis Giants fans, clearly disrespects.  i also remarked, with examples, on several other aspects of his ownership, including his management skills, or lack thereof.  the fact that this post was childishly censored indicates to me that Jets Nation is no place for an honest discussion by adult fans about this team.  What I wrote was NOT a rant; this was what I intended as a long and thoughtful analysis of why woody has has failed as owner (except to enrich himself), and why it is extemely likely that he will continue to do so the field of play -- this being an analysis by someone who has been a loyal fan of the New York since the late 60s. I thought younger fans might also appreciate the historical perspective I included in my argument, where I contrast woody to the orignal ownership of the NY Jets and the type of ownership that started the AFL.  clearly whoever manages this site is more interested in suppressing opinions as to why this team has been failing so miserably in comparison to some of its competition than in actually allowing fans to discussing same.  so anyone now reading my response to this blatant act of censorship -- assuming my response is not also suppressed -- should now realize that Jets Nation is no place for fans to air their opinions in good faith -- opinions by longtime fans, not deliberate provocations by what are generalled referred to as "trolls" -- and will never be allowed to engage in a deeper discussion and more honest discussion as to the underlying reasons for the long term mediocrity of this team.  you disappoint, Sir:  I only hope Jets Nation's cowardice in refusing to confront the source of the problems of this team is not equally matched by the performance of the club later this week against the Fins.

I'll let @Maxman handle the allegations of cowardice by the sites administration and ownership, but I will respond to your post. 

Your post was not the only one hidden from this thread, it was one of three or four. We have very little rules on JN, one of which is no politics. It doesn't matter if it is a rant or a thought out response. No politics means no politics. 

It's not because we don't want to confront the owners political affiliations, it's because no good comes of discussing the topic on an NFL message board. We've seen it time and time again tear apart other messages, and WE won't let it happen here. 

There are plenty of other places on the internet to have those discussions. This isn't one of them. 

I'm sorry you feel censored because your post was removed from the thread. I could have locked the thread and shut down the discussion in general, but I chose not to do so. We could have banned offending posters, but we chose not to do so because we want everyone to post here and enjoy the New York Jets. 

We're all here for the Jets, lets stick to discussing their performance on the field and not the owners political leanings. 

bring back the spirals!

In all seriousness, I feel that sight lines are the most important part of any venue.  All the other stuff is just fluff for the women and casual fans.  Giants Stadium had excellent sightlines.  Metlife is OK in terms of sight lines, but not great.  I think Gillette is better venue in that respect.

35 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

I'll let @Maxman handle the allegations of cowardice by the sites administration and ownership, but I will respond to your post. 

Your post was not the only one hidden from this thread, it was one of three or four. We have very little rules on JN, one of which is no politics. It doesn't matter if it is a rant or a thought out response. No politics means no politics. 

It's not because we don't want to confront the owners political affiliations, it's because no good comes of discussing the topic on an NFL message board. We've seen it time and time again tear apart other messages, and WE won't let it happen here. 

There are plenty of other places on the internet to have those discussions. This isn't one of them. 

I'm sorry you feel censored because your post was removed from the thread. I could have locked the thread and shut down the discussion in general, but I chose not to do so. We could have banned offending posters, but we chose not to do so because we want everyone to post here and enjoy the New York Jets. 

We're all here for the Jets, lets stick to discussing their performance on the field and not the owners political leanings. 

Competely agree.  I wish ALL owners would leave (or be compelled by NFL byrules; fat chance, that) politics out it; sports being our last refuge from hucksters, scoundrels and thieves.

However, alas, many other owners, like woodie, do not leave their politics at the stadium gates; even Leon used to contribute (usually in secret) to Tricky Dick and Scoop and others of that ilk.  The problem with Woodie's explicit and high profile support of [censored] is that, in order to watch and root for the NY Jets, let's see, how to put this, well, I, and many many people like me who also happen to be bleed green NY Jets fans, many of us long before woodie bought the Jets, have had to consciously put aside our extreme distaste for everything that [censored] stands for, when watching Jets games.

To some of us, seeing woodie carry on the way he does both on and off the field -- not an easy task, by any means -- makes some if not many of us deeply uncomforable as Jets fans.  Let me put it this way.  Real Madrid is a great soccer team.  I watch them whenever I can on BeIn, or in person when I travel to Europe.  However, I would not have thought about supporting them during Franco's dictatorship, when Los Blancos were in effect "Franco's team."  I hope that analogy clarifies what I am getting at.

Another thing.

My comments hardly only touched on this political theme (as I have described it above); there were two other major components in my analysis of why the NY Jets have been perennial losers during for almost the entirety of woodie's ownership, neither of which had to do with his fund raising activities for extreme right wing politicians.

One raised the question of whether teams owned by the like of Blank and Kraft had a stronger culture due to their owners having made the money themselves that it took to buy/build their team, and not inherited it from some rich grandaddy.  I have a theory, perhaps a wrong one, that organizations take their cue from their leaders:  ie, the man or woman at the top.  If you are essentially a rich boy who has had everything in life thrown into your lap, and you act accordingly, I think that permeates the entire culture of any organziation you happen to be running.  Look at the disaster that was/is the Detroit Lions under william clay ford for further examples of this

The other argument had to do with Woody's almost complete lack of experience in running a business prior to buying the Jets, let alone a major sports enterprise in the NFL's premier market, which became evident time and again over the years.  This was compounded by his seeming inability to learn how to become a top NFL executive whose actions behind the scenes result in a professional product being put on the field, year in, year out, as many teams are capable of doing with regularity.  By way of contrast, Woodie is the poster boy of amateurism, a dilletante who seems incapable of professional growth in his apparently chosen field -- unless he is only in it for the publicity and self aggrandisement, which I suspect is largely the case.

With respect to Jets Nation, it is easy to assume dictatorial attitudes and simply squash the expression of other points of view that are legitimately expressed, and not simply proferred to stir up a hornet's nets for kicks, which I would not waste my time or yours doing.  I honestly think for the reasons I have described that the NY Jets shall never succeed so long as woody johnson owns this team.  I could be wrong.  But I put it out there for discussion (without name calling).

The fact that the entirety of my comments / observations were trashed showed an unwillingness by Jets Nation to allow fans who come here to echange ideas to broach even the slightest hint of the toxic role the current ownership of this franchise has played in contributing to the ongoing historical mediocrity of the NY Jets.  However, I do see your point about how this could easily degenerate into some name-calling exercise.

I guess in the end we all have to decide:  if woodie chooses to continue his in-your-face brand of right wing politics, and there is every reason to believe that he will, do we meekly ignore that, or do we, because being of a true fan of some team is not some casual thing, but part of how we see ourselves, of how even we define ourselves as people, do we start to put distance between ourselves and this franchise, and end up after a while not really caring any more?

On 10/31/2016 at 10:12 AM, FlaJetsFan said:

Let it go....  

4 minutes ago, FlaJetsFan said:

Competely agree.  I wish ALL owners would leave (or be compelled by NFL byrules; fat chance, that) politics out it; sports being our last refuge from hucksters, scoundrels and thieves.

However, alas, many other owners, like woodie, do not leave their politics at the stadium gates; even Leon used to contribute (usually in secret) to Tricky Dick and Scoop and others of that ilk.  The problem with Woodie's explicit and high profile support of [censored] is that, in order to watch and root for the NY Jets, let's see, how to put this, well, I, and many many people like me who also happen to be bleed green NY Jets fans, many of us long before woodie bought the Jets, have had to consciously put aside our extreme distaste for everything that [censored] stands for, when watching Jets games.

To some of us, seeing woodie carry on the way he does both on and off the field -- not an easy task, by any means -- makes some if not many of us deeply uncomforable as Jets fans.  Let me put it this way.  Real Madrid is a great soccer team.  I watch them whenever I can on BeIn, or in person when I travel to Europe.  However, I would not have thought about supporting them during Franco's dictatorship, when Los Blancos were in effect "Franco's team."  I hope that analogy clarifies what I am getting at.

Another thing.

My comments hardly only touched on this political theme (as I have described it above); there were two other major components in my analysis of why the NY Jets have been perennial losers during for almost the entirety of woodie's ownership, neither of which had to do with his fund raising activities for extreme right wing politicians.

One raised the question of whether teams owned by the like of Blank and Kraft had a stronger culture due to their owners having made the money themselves that it took to buy/build their team, and not inherited it from some rich grandaddy.  I have a theory, perhaps a wrong one, that organizations take their cue from their leaders:  ie, the man or woman at the top.  If you are essentially a rich boy who has had everything in life thrown into your lap, and you act accordingly, I think that permeates the entire culture of any organziation you happen to be running.  Look at the disaster that was/is the Detroit Lions under william clay ford for further examples of this

The other argument had to do with Woody's almost complete lack of experience in running a business prior to buying the Jets, let alone a major sports enterprise in the NFL's premier market, which became evident time and again over the years.  This was compounded by his seeming inability to learn how to become a top NFL executive whose actions behind the scenes result in a professional product being put on the field, year in, year out, as many teams are capable of doing with regularity.  By way of contrast, Woodie is the poster boy of amateurism, a dilletante who seems incapable of professional growth in his apparently chosen field -- unless he is only in it for the publicity and self aggrandisement, which I suspect is largely the case.

With respect to Jets Nation, it is easy to assume dictatorial attitudes and simply squash the expression of other points of view that are legitimately expressed, and not simply proferred to stir up a hornet's nets for kicks, which I would not waste my time or yours doing.  I honestly think for the reasons I have described that the NY Jets shall never succeed so long as woody johnson owns this team.  I could be wrong.  But I put it out there for discussion (without name calling).

The fact that the entirety of my comments / observations were trashed showed an unwillingness by Jets Nation to allow fans who come here to echange ideas to broach even the slightest hint of the toxic role the current ownership of this franchise has played in contributing to the ongoing historical mediocrity of the NY Jets.  However, I do see your point about how this could easily degenerate into some name-calling exercise.

I guess in the end we all have to decide:  if woodie chooses to continue his in-your-face brand of right wing politics, and there is every reason to believe that he will, do we meekly ignore that, or do we, because being of a true fan of some team is not some casual thing, but part of how we see ourselves, of how even we define ourselves as people, do we start to put distance between ourselves and this franchise, and end up after a while not really caring any more?

Will say my preferred candidate is the same as...WGAF. 

But Max was very wise to not have any politics here. It made for a nasty mess at JI. It's simply not worth the BS, nobody's mind ever changes, there was rarely any wonderful enlightenment.  There are lots of places for politics on the internet. Go there. Don't mix it with football. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Miami and Kansas City:  I've been to both stadiums, they are not nicer than MetLife, stop with the mythology.  The reason you are in/out in minutes in Kansas City is because the stadium is in the middle of nowhere and they have huge parking lots unencumbered by a city like Manhattan.  The seats in KC are very tightly packed and very steep, they are uncomfortable, the place is blistering hot, they gave us a loaf of bread as a gift as we went through the parking gates, and they ran out of water in the third quarter on opening day 2005.

Concourses:  Forgive me BP, but don't you spend 2 hours in the parking lot getting sh-tfaced at a tailgate before a game?  If so, why do you care what the concourses look like since you won't remember them a moment after you pass through them to buy another beer and piss it out?  Since smoking is outlawed concourses don't matter, no one mingles for smoke or boobs at halftime anymore.  MetLife has a ton of concessions and bathrooms, the lines must be 75% shorter than KC and Miami even though our stadium holds 10,000+ more fans than those two do.

Escalator Entry:  This is the brilliance of MetLife Stadium.  It's divided into 4 separate sections, it's like 4 mini-stadiums bundled together.  Instead of 82,500 people all trying to get into the 2 gates nearest the most parking (Verizon and MetLife) fans are only allowed entry into one of the 4 gates where their seats actually are.  You remember the mad scramble at the end of games at Giants Stadium where fans would run from Gate A to Gate C inside the stadium itself, run a huge circle, crashing into people, people going in all directions, it was Penn Station at rush hour, it was chaos.  Now fans are cordoned off in their own 1/4 slice of the pie and as such the escalators (up) and stairways (down) are smooth and chaos-free before and after games.

I appreciate that I've done such a good job of defending our stadium that you are left with straw-grasping abstract theories at this point, but you're going to have to do better than this.  I've been to Kansas City, Miami, Jacksonville, New England, Indianapolis, San Diego, and Green Bay and they all have their upsides and downsides, MetLife is on-par.  Not better than these places, not worse, about the same.

SAR I

Excuse me? sh*t faced? Seriously? When have you seen me sh*t faced? lol I think you know you're full of sh*t with that comment. and you're telling me I speak of mythology? Haha the last time I was at that sh*thole was for the Bills Thursday night game last year. I was sitting in the prestigious Toyota club seats and this a$$hole Bills fan was standing up in front of me the whole first half screaming go Jets. Then walking back and forth in the aisle taunting Jets fans yelling go Jets. I couldn't watch the game. I called security over and they did nothing. Then I couldn't take it anymore and left in the 3rd quarter. Met life is a sh*thole, from the stadium right down to the entire dumbass staff that runs it.  Anybody remember the pyrotechnics during players intros that fell over and fired into the stands a few years back? Only the Jets. Lmao top professionals running the Jets game day xp I tell you! 

You enjoy your game day xp, good for you. I do not and prefer road stadiums over that sh*thole.

9 minutes ago, BP said:

Excuse me? sh*t faced? Seriously? When have you seen me sh*t faced? lol I think you know you're full of sh*t with that comment. and you're telling me I speak of mythology? Haha the last time I was at that sh*thole was for the Bills Thursday night game last year. I was sitting in the prestigious Toyota club seats and this a$$hole Bills fan was standing up in front of me the whole first half screaming go Jets. Then walking back and forth in the aisle taunting Jets fans yelling go Jets. I couldn't watch the game. I called security over and they did nothing. Then I couldn't take it anymore and left in the 3rd quarter. Met life is a sh*thole, from the stadium right down to the entire dumbass staff that runs it.  Anybody remember the pyrotechnics during players intros that fell over and fired into the stands a few years back? Only the Jets. Lmao top professionals running the Jets game day xp I tell you!

You enjoy your game day xp, good for you. I do not and prefer road stadiums over that sh*thole.

That's the experience for a non-season ticket holder, that's why the rest of us have PSL's or are committed season ticket holders.  Just dawned on me that all the complainers are those who gave up their seats and only come to a few scattered games.

If you want complete control over your environment and bonding with like-minded Jets fans around you, going a-la-carte on Stubhub is not the way to do it.  My section, I've got about 20 good friends, two guys from JI/JN, a few great dads and their kids, one of the dads brings cookies for my kids to every game, after every score I high five him and his little ones, we have inside jokes, we look out for each other, its a great experience.  What some experience tailgating I experience in my seats, it's so much better than Giants Stadium.

You went the cheap way, that's cool, but don't condemn our building because you chose to be an outsider in your own stadium.

SAR I

50 minutes ago, FlaJetsFan said:

Another thing.

I'm not going to answer your post line by line, but I will answer the bolded area as short and succinctly as I can: ON JETNATION.COM WE WILL NOT DISCUSS POLITICS, NO MATTER WHAT 

Everyone can make their own choices on whether they like Woody or not and why, I won't stop anyone. But those decisions will not be discussed here.

1 hour ago, JoeC36 said:

I'm not going to answer your post line by line, but I will answer the bolded area as short and succinctly as I can: ON JETNATION.COM WE WILL NOT DISCUSS POLITICS, NO MATTER WHAT 

Everyone can make their own choices on whether they like Woody or not and why, I won't stop anyone. But those decisions will not be discussed here.

And that's one of the best decisions Phil ever made. No politics. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

That's the experience for a non-season ticket holder, that's why the rest of us have PSL's or are committed season ticket holders.  Just dawned on me that all the complainers are those who gave up their seats and only come to a few scattered games.

If you want complete control over your environment and bonding with like-minded Jets fans around you, going a-la-carte on Stubhub is not the way to do it.  My section, I've got about 20 good friends, two guys from JI/JN, a few great dads and their kids, one of the dads brings cookies for my kids to every game, after every score I high five him and his little ones, we have inside jokes, we look out for each other, its a great experience.  What some experience tailgating I experience in my seats, it's so much better than Giants Stadium.

You went the cheap way, that's cool, but don't condemn our building because you chose to be an outsider in your own stadium.

SAR I

Haha if I have to pay thousands of dollars on top of outrageously over priced tickets to watch a garbage product just to sit next to some nice people and sing kumbaya I think I will pass, thank you.

1 minute ago, BP said:

Haha if I have to pay thousands of dollars on top of outrageously over priced tickets to watch a garbage product just to sit next to some nice people and sing kumbaya I think I will pass, thank you.

Again, I won't tell you how to spend your fun money but I will ask you to reconsider your negative view of the atmosphere of MetLife Stadium seeing that your perspective isn't that of a season ticket holder. 

I mean, there is a reason why we go all-in like this, it's not because it's hard to get tickets or we get free hats each August.  Sitting in a consistent location for decades and bonding with those in your section means everything, it really does.

SAR I

On 10/31/2016 at 10:12 AM, FlaJetsFan said:

Am I really paying that guy 17 M this year Macc?

23 hours ago, JoeC36 said:

Joe - thank you!

Now we are cowards. I think that pretty much completes the list, we have been called everything.

More importantly thank you for deleting the posts that you did in this thread. The one that we were called cowards for, contained political commentary so it absolutely should have 100% been deleted.

No politics. We are Jets fans. We have always had this policy and the site would have imploded this year otherwise.

Archived