Fire Bowles: MERGED

choon328

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BigRy56 said:

Totally possible. All are very winnable games except for NE and 5 out of the final 7 are at home.

Oh ok. So we lose the 2 to New England, and run everyone else. Sounds completely plausible with this team. Definitely. You got it. 100 percent. Yup. Agreed. Mmhmm.

Just now, pointman said:

Oh ok. So we lose the 2 to New England, and run everyone else. Sounds completely plausible with this team. Definitely. You got it. 100 percent. Yup. Agreed. Mmhmm.

I also said 7-8 wins which doesn't mean we run the table. And we can beat New England.... it's a divisional game that's always played tough and we beat them last year.

Firing people every two years is not how great franchises are built. Give this regime time to breathe. He has coached an above .500 record (13-12) with a subpar team. He took a bad team to a 10 win season, has a good coaching background, and has NFL playing experience. Firing him so early accomplishes nothing and sets the franchise back another 3 years.

Just now, RPoling720 said:

Firing people every two years is not how great franchises are built. Give this regime time to breathe. He has coached an above .500 record (13-12) with a subpar team. He took a bad team to a 10 win season, has a good coaching background, and has NFL playing experience. Firing him so early accomplishes nothing and sets the franchise back another 3 years.

You're ok with how he's handling the QB position?

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

For whatever reasons it seems every head coach has an issue with the clock. It happens all the time to even the best coaches.

I hated the punt against Pittsburgh. But we also have Fitz at QB. Puts him at a disadvantage when it comes to taking chances.

No, good coaches understand that part of the game or have a compentent assistant to advise him. But bowles didn't hire competent assistants , outside of Chan. 

Agree that Fitz is worthless, but Bowles is the one that keeps him in there despite throwing 6 INTS, and throwing INT after INT. He had to consult with his coaching staff to convince him to start Geno, LOL! Do you think the Tuna or Belicheat would keep trotting him out there?

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I also said 7-8 wins which doesn't mean we run the table. And we can beat New England.... it's a divisional game that's always played tough and we beat them last year.

Right. So 4-3. Much better. Have you seen this team play? Serious question.

1 minute ago, billo83 said:

No, good coaches understand that part of the game or have a compentent assistant to advise him. But bowles didn't hire competent assistants , outside of Chan. 

Agree that Fitz is worthless, but Bowles is the one that keeps him in there despite throwing 6 INTS, and throwing INT after INT. He had to consult with his coaching staff to convince him to start Geno, LOL! Do you think the Tuna or Belicheat would keep trotting him out there?

I think that if Tuna or Belicheat thought that Fitz was the best QB available they would 100% keep trotting him out there until they were mathematically out of the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

You're ok with how he's handling the QB position?

Everybody assumes that Tom Brady is one of our backup quarterbacks. When in reality its a mid to late round bunch of guys who have zero experience and most likely arent close to truly ready or skillful.

19 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I think that if Tuna or Belicheat thought that Fitz was the best QB available they would 100% keep trotting him out there until they were mathematically out of the playoffs.

Then you don't know the Tuna too well then. He absolutely would have pulled Pickspatrick BEFORE throwing 6 picks and would have benched him to make a statement and to warn him to get his head out of his A$$. Belicheat I'm sure would do the same thing

coach stimey had a great opportunity to tell sh*tzpatrick to take it easy for a quarter and watch what he had in petty. for crying out loud, if there is ANY QB in the league that has a WELL DOCUMENTED HISTORY its the sh*tz. Theres no mystery here……so just leave petty in. he looked good for the 4 or 5 snaps he was in. he has an accurate long ball just let the kid hook up 

FIRES COACH STIMEY. he  awful…..we don't need to give this bearded corpse 3 years to develop. goddamn it I'm gonna die soon

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc has accomplished nothing in the NFL no thanks 

Well, I think Macc's biggest problem and danger to his position is that he has a head coach that could make him look bad!  That saddled with an owner who could fire him on a whim if the his take on the public's perception predisposes him to.  Macc's moves have been intelligent and rationale.  I would stick with him, rather than run the risk of the owner hiring another bean-counter!

Just now, Clueless Owner said:

Well, I think Macc's biggest problem and danger to his position is that he has a head coach that could make him look bad!  That saddled with an owner who could fire him on a whim if the his take on the public's perception predisposes him to.  Macc's moves have been intelligent and rationale.  I would stick with him, rather than run the risk of the owner hiring another bean-counter!

Disagree he brought back a bum QB when no other team in the NFL wanted him we could have been 3-5 with a rookie or a guy from a tryout in the parking lot. 

4 minutes ago, Clueless Owner said:

I agree..which is why I think Woody is the biggest problem with this franchise and why we'll never win until he sells the team.

51 minutes ago, RPoling720 said:

How have the Jets fired coaches every 2 years? Under Woody, Mangini lasted 3 years, Rex and Herm 5-6 years and Groh resigned. I don't think many are calling for Macs head, but Tanny was here forever and Idzik was rightfully fired and should have been fired in season. If anything the Jets have keep people around too long. 

Good franchises find good coaches to start with and get rid of those that are obviously in over their heads. Keeping Bowles will set this franchise back 3 years

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

The level of overreaction is crazy. You think I'd be used to it by now but it never ceases to amaze me. 

Todd Bowles is widely respected as a coach and will be here for at least next season and that's only if we blow the rest of this season (we're most likely finishing with 7-8 wins) and tank next year.

We don't have a franchise QB. And we will never see a Super Bowl until we get one. Mac is dead set on trying to find one and has done a good job so far at GM.

Fully expect we will see Petty and may be Hack get some snaps before the season is out.Because this franchise has to figure out if they have a real QB on the roster ASAP or if that is still a need.

Don't see Bowles losing his job this year. But there has been a lot to dislike this season.Adn if anyone can explain why the hell Chan Gailey turns into Don Coryell inside the 20s, please, enlighten us. Said it before; there are valid reasons this guy was out of football. He's a 1970s establish the run/run up the middle moron. And then he totally overdoes it and calls passes with empty backfields so there's no guesswork for the defense. It's some kind of schizophrenic stupidity.  

Todd Bowels has now surpassed Rich Kotite as the worst coach in this teams history. He is terrible and when we hopefully show his ass the Door I hope Sanford and Pryor are not far behind. Pryor my very well be the dumbest player in the NFL. The entire secondary is dumb and the coach was supposed to be the guru. The consistent missed assignments are laughable so does Bowles simplify the Defense ? Nah why the FCUK would he do that ?

The calls on offense in the red zone made me laugh on a few occasions. This is a coaching nightmare.

4 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

There is still plenty of time for Petty to get lots of playing time this season. I'm not worried about that yet. I'd be critical if the Jets lose next week and he doesnt make a change.

Once they lose their seventh game i'd be shocked if he stuck with Fitz. If he does, i'll criticize him.

I think that you may be right on this one but........

What happens if Bowles brings in Petty and Petty plays lights out!!

IMO that would be reason to really look at Bowles and think about canning him when half the fan base was trying to save the season by having Petty inserted as the QB

Also think on this even BM called out Fitz today for his play this season.  The rezone INT was inexcusable and put the Jets in a position where they could lose....

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Todd Bowels has now surpassed Rich Kotite as the worst coach in this teams history. He is terrible and when we hopefully show his ass the Door I hope Sanford and Pryor are not far behind. Pryor my very well be the dumbest player in the NFL. The entire secondary is dumb and the coach was supposed to be the guru. The consistent missed assignments are laughable so does Bowles simplify the Defense ? Nah why the FCUK would he do that ?

The calls on offense in the red zone made me laugh on a few occasions. This is a coaching nightmare.

Sorry, Kotite was so bad; he won 4 games in two years. I realize that the team stinks. But there is a bad team/coach and then there is Kotite...

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

The level of overreaction is crazy. You think I'd be used to it by now but it never ceases to amaze me. 

Todd Bowles is widely respected as a coach and will be here for at least next season and that's only if we blow the rest of this season (we're most likely finishing with 7-8 wins) and tank next year.

We don't have a franchise QB. And we will never see a Super Bowl until we get one. Mac is dead set on trying to find one and has done a good job so far at GM.

Hmmmmm as always you post a sane and thoughtful response to the insanity I'm feeling and my only response is.......

SCREW EM!!!

The hanging is at noon!!!!:mob:

Just kidding.. :) 

7 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Sorry, Kotite was so bad; he won 4 games in two years. I realize that the team stinks. But there is a bad team/coach and then there is Kotite...

Hmmmmm thank you!!!

Do folks realize that Kotite didn't even know the players names on his own team?

Or would take time out from practice to play golf!!!!!

2 hours ago, RPoling720 said:

The Jets fan attitude every single year of fire him and fire him and blow it all up and start over is disgusting. Not every single season is great guys, learn that there is struggle before success. Hiring new GMS and coaches each year turns you into the Browns, do I need to say more? Consistency is key, let them continue to struggle through the bad times, grow and emerge out of it stronger. Its not always perfect, but they will get through it and improve.

Its one thing saying they don't have the players and they need time to develop. But for me the coaching philosophy has to change. At the end this game they are down by 4 points and needing a TD yet they are taking every snap with the clock running down to to 4-5 seconds and some even down to 1 or 2. That's coaching and its deplorable, grabbing a guy on 3rd and 5 when the pass probably ends up incomplete is coaching. And Fitz riding this snake oil salesman is beyond ludicrous even if Petty and Hack turn out to be the worst QB's to ever play in the NFL

2 hours ago, RPoling720 said:

Great franchises more often then not hire the right person instead of ones they should get fired .

Archived