Maccagnan mid season presser happening now

Matt39

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

Blah, blah, blah everyone is stupid and everyone should be fired.  This is going to go on

for 10+ pages, could the crying stop and just admit that if we had a QB as competent as

Alex Smith our record would be at worst 6-4.  That's the problem with the team this year

not the organizational structure or how Maccagnan answered questions at his press

conference

It must be something else, that's entirely too logical.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

"going to be"

This is more your area than mine, but...Freudian Slip, no?

Probably not.  If I had to overanalyze it, I'd say the intention probably falls in line with the idea that he's still new and there's no book/evaluation to be written at this point.

42 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If Woody does clean house, no competent GM or HC will want to come here. And it has not been in Woody's nature to fire too early.

I again look to Eric Mangini. Got 3 years. Bowles will get the same, otherwise there may be some race talk

And anyone taking Macc's statements about Bowles and Revis at face value are naive

Money talks the NFL is a business there will be plenty applying for GM and head coach no worries. 

49 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This quote is more scary

Maccagnan doesn’t have a say over Todd Bowles’ job status. He & Bowles are equals that report to Woody Johnson.

I didn't know that Maccagnan had no power at all. Disgraceful.

This team will never win with this owner unless they get lucky. YOu bring in football people to help you pick a GM and HC, and you don't trust the GM to do his job.

Romo or CUtler are here next year. And the cycle of mediocrity will continue. I thought Woody was trending in the right direction. That doesn't appear to be the case.

So because a GM can't directly fire the HC , that means he has no power at all . :huh:

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Mkaes me question the power he does have

So next you'll tell me Woody is the person responsible for signing FA's and scouting college talent. I know many Jet fans think Woody is the main problem with the team, I feel quite differently. The Jets spend to the cap and IMO that's all I ask of an owner.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Some of these dual responsibility things seem to have long time or vet coaches as opposed to the jets having a rookie head coach.

All I can say is that whether they think they are on the same page or not the team is not being run in a cohesive fashion re players vs player usage.

A team that never uses a TE but seems to have 3 or 4 hanging around all the time on the roster or psquad.

The team drafts best suited 3-4 olbs in Mauldin who had success last year and Jenkins and a best suited 3-4 ilb in Lee.  However at the same time they have their top 3 dlineman that they can't get on the field if they play a 3-4 for the most part.

Mauldin sits, Jenkins who looked very good in camp after injury is slow to reintegrate, Lee is not playing his best position if we are going 3 LBS.  Richardson is shifted all over hells half acre.

QBing, we draft a project QB and the coaching staff doesn't seem to have the time of day for him with such gems as we will maybe think about having him changes mechanics next year.

I do not see a cohesive plan.

They're called injuries.  Players have been forced into roles because of injuries to the LBs.  Happens.  

And look wide, look far, you aren't going to find too many owners who don't get regular reports from their HC and GM.  I said it before, I'll say it again, you plunk down over a billion dollars to own a team and tell me you'll just sit back and let people tell you what's going on second hand.

That would be the fool.  Talking to the HC and GM to learn what's going on in your billion dollar business isn't dumb.  Thinking it's wrong, that it should cause issues is. That some fans think a GM is going to ink a player or a FA to a huge contract and guaranteed money without at least telling the owner makes them clueless beyond belief.  And it's not the same as the owner running the team, it's part of being in the loop.  

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

So because a GM can't directly fire the HC , that means he has no power at all . :huh:

I'd love to know how many teams are set up where the GM can just fire the HC without telling the owner that he's going to fire the HC and why.  Especially when he's still under contract.  

3 hours ago, gEYno said:

Mike Maccagnan still believes in Todd Bowles. "I think he's going to be a very good coach in this league." Says he's doing a good job.

i don't know if todd will be a good coach in this league, that's way above my pay grade.  but there is one thing I am quite sure of, cleveland is not happy they did not give belicheat more than 2 years to develop.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

There is virtually zero chance of any coach or gm change this off season so it is not worth getting worked up over.

The Jets have essentially painted themselves into a corner. If they were to can one or both, there is no one of any worth that's going to take the job knowing its a probably a 2 year gig.

Just now, JetPotato said:

The Jets have essentially painted themselves into a corner. If they were to can one or both, there is no one of any worth that's going to take the job knowing its a probably a 2 year gig.

I'm probably too old school but I still hold to the old rule that it is essential to let a gm hire his own coach.

17 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

BS.  Why wouldn't a coachi candidate take the job?  There's no proof it's a two year job and there aren't enough HCs where you turn one down when it's available. 

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So next you'll tell me Woody is the person responsible for signing FA's and scouting college talent. I know many Jet fans think Woody is the main problem with the team, I feel quite differently. The Jets spend to the cap and IMO that's all I ask of an owner.

There are apparently 3 beefs with Woody:

1)  Some think that he has pushed for signings that are more business focused than football focused (Revis, Favre, maybe Fitz).

2)  Some think that he pushes to be competitive year and lacks the stomach for a proper rebuild.   Those short-term fixes can backfire and lead to long-term mediocrity.. We sign FAs who are too old, and the draft picks (Lee, Devin Smith) look like hole fills and not necessarily BPA.

3)  Although he spends to the cap, he appears to try and skimp on coaching and staff.

Let's see what next year brings.

1 minute ago, varjet said:

1)  Some think that he has pushed for signings that are more business focused than football focused (Revis, Favre, maybe Fitz).

2)  Some think that he pushes to be competitive year and lacks the stomach for a proper rebuild.   Those short-term fixes can backfire and lead to long-term mediocrity.. We sign FAs who are too old, and the draft picks (Lee, Devin Smith) look like hole fills and not necessarily BPA.

3)  Although he spends to the cap, he appears to try and skimp on coaching and staff.

1.  How are Revis, Favre or Fitz business deals?  Revis was the best corner available and we needed one.  Actually needed two.  Fitz won 10 last year. As much as I didn't want him bringing him back given there was no other option available made sense.  Favre?  Gave us headlines but was the right move.  Until he was injured we were in 1st place, beat the Pats in NE sitting at 8-3. Not a football decision?  How

2. There is no proper rebuild.  Get that out of your head.  No one is dumping the roster and taking 3 years to build, doesn't work that way anymore.  No owner would.  Look at the Giants, Eagles etc.  Smart signing makes it happen, fast.

3.  He skimps nowhere, pure fantasy.  He spent a fortune to get input from Casserly and Wolf.  Pays what it cost to hire a GM and the hot shot DC.  

12 minutes ago, varjet said:

If anything I felt the Tebow fiasco was probably the one case where he might have done this. I can't see how any pure football person would have thought Tebow was a viable QB option.

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

If anything I felt the Tebow fiasco was probably the one case where he might have done this. I can't see how any pure football person would have thought Tebow was a viable QB option.

Tim Tebow not only got Denver in the playoffs but won a playoff game something our 2015-2016 starting QB has never done yet Mike Maccagnan signed him anyway twice says a lot or little about our current GM and status. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Tim Tebow not only got Denver in the playoffs but won a playoff game something our 2015-2016 starting QB has never done yet Mike Maccagnan signed him anyway twice says a lot or little about our current GM and status. 

You're also the one who said we had quality players. And that is the GMs job. The contradictions continue.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

You're also the one who said we had quality players. And that is the GMs job. The contradictions continue.

The GM's job is too improve the team through free agency and the draft the coaches are supposed to be coaching the players and making the decisions to put the best ones on the field and put them in the best schemes possible to win games. We do have quality players in some not all positions yet none of them are playing up to their potential because of poor coaching. The GM signed a washed up scrub journeyman QB not a good idea the head coach I'm sure had no choice but to start him. We are 3-7 because of bad management and poor coaching and did I mention missing many quality players. 

You are the king contradictor on this forum yet you continually want to argue fuss and fight with me, I have an idea why dont you GFY.

56 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Mike Maccagnan has failed us all cant understand why no one realizes this. 

The GM's job is to improve the team from year to year. 

The problem right now is most Jet fans had false hope based off of last seasons 10-6 record.  They expected an upward progression, the problem is the team was fooled by the snake oil salesman journeyman QB. 

In today's NFL if you don't have a Qb , you have a very small chance of winning. I'd like to see if either of the younger Qb's develop before I trash the GM.  I'm more disappointed by Bowles , I thought he'd come in with an aggressive mindset on both sides of the ball , but he's looking more like the conservative defensive minded coaches that have preceded him. I know its harder to be aggressive on O when you don't have a QB, but I want a HC that's not afraid to lose a 35-34 game instead of a HC that is trying to win a 7-6 game. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

The GM's job is too improve the team through free agency and the draft the coaches are supposed to be coaching the players and making the decisions to put the best ones on the field and put them in the best schemes possible to win games. We do have quality players in some not all positions yet none of them are playing up to their potential because of poor coaching. The GM signed a washed up scrub journeyman QB not a good idea the head coach I'm sure had no choice but to start him. We are 3-7 because of bad management and poor coaching and did I mention missing many quality players. 

You are the king contradictor on this forum yet you continually want to argue fuss and fight with me, I have an idea why dont you GFY.

There you go. There it is.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Tim Tebow was nothing but a gimmick that defensive coordinators figured out after the first off season of game tape.

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So what,Trent Dilfer won a SB - do you want him. And trust me I want no part of Fitz.

No I don't but our GM thinks hes a genius because he resigned Fitz for $12 million what a deal we are 3-7 and he leads the NFL in INT'S LMFAO nice job Mike Maccagnan. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No I don't but our GM thinks hes a genius because he resigned Fitz for $12 million what a deal we are 3-7 and he leads the NFL in INT'S LMFAO nice job Mike Maccagnan. 

I'm late to this wonderful party. Who did you want as QB this season? 

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

That Tebow won a playoff game means he's good?  Tebows a better QB than any QB if he didn't play in the playoffs?  Ok, explains your logic

Archived