2017 QB Market

Mike135

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Cousins has some really good WR's Jackson,Crowder,Garcon and TE's Reed and Davis....... 

I disagree.  Reed is great, crowder is up and coming but jackson and garcon are jags at thie point in there careers.  Cousins is making these guys good, not the other way around. 

Cousins is a possibility because hes not under contract.  If they franchise him, send them 2 number ones and get a poison pill in the contract.

It they dont franchise him, outbid them.

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I disagree.  Reed is great, crowder is up and coming but jackson and garcon are jags at thie point in there careers.  Cousins is making these guys good, not the other way around. 

Cousins is a possibility because hes not under contract.  If they franchise him, send them 2 number ones and get a poison pill in the contract.

It they dont franchise him, outbid them.

Two #1's for Cousins?  Are you out of your muthajumping mind?

1 hour ago, Il Mostro said:

Two #1's for Cousins?  Are you out of your muthajumping mind?

Why not?  Wed have a high pick in rounds 2-7 this year and when cousins improves the offense next year, its a mid to late 1st rounder in 2018.

its a no brainer to get a guy in here who can throw the ball for the next 8 years for 2 picks.

Taking guys like leonard williams and darron lee in rounds 1 is great but there not putting up any Ws in the win column.  Cousins would do that.

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why not?  Wed have a high pick in rounds 2-7 this year and when cousins improves the offense next year, its a mid to late 1st rounder in 2018.

its a no brainer to get a guy in here who can throw the ball for the next 8 years for 2 picks.

Taking guys like leonard williams and darron lee in rounds 1 is great but there not putting up any Ws in the win column.  Cousins would do that.

I feel the same way we havent had a franchise QB since Namath and then Favre's stint this organization has been bad we need a QB not a scrub or a has been retread or the wrong draft pick rookie. 

Whats 2 #1's based our track record we blow them anyway why not trade them for a proven franchise QB. 

11 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Tyrod Taylor - If the Bills are dumb enough to cut Tyrod Taylor you sign him the second he hits free agency.  Most underrated player in the NFL and he would be all-pro throwing to Decker, Marshall and Enunwa.

Garropolo - not happening

Fitz - might be forced to retire.  

Tannehill - not happening, is having his best season 

McCarron - interesting.  Would offer a 3rd round pick for him.

Griffin - no

McCown - no

Siemian - Broncos are keeping him even if they traded for Romo

Romo - going to Broncos

Cousins - not happening

Cutler - Unfortunately he is probably our next QB.

Bradford - not happening, Bridgewater might have to retire

Glennon -  Yes, please

Palmer - interesting but I think he'd get killed behind our OL

Keenum - no

Kaepernick - no thanks

This.

14 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Romo could make sense if Hack is still expected to be good in a couple years.

I could see:

1. Romo
  2. Re-sign Geno to a cheap backup deal or someone similar for 2 to 3mil per
  3. Let Hack recover slowly from his PTSD suffered at Penn State 

Hack and PTSD, so true. That's great. I remember hearing one of his players quoted by an analyst saying that he was so concerned about the rush he wasn't even looking at the play develop. Scared to think how he will be when he has some NFL Tangos bearing down on him. Hopefully he regains that confidence and isn't permanently damaged.

54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

False Cousins would be the best QB the Jets have had in my lifetime next to Namath and Favre. 

He can't beat winning teams or good defenses. He would drive you nuts. He is average at best.

9 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Hack and PTSD, so true. That's great. I remember hearing one of his players quoted by an analyst saying that he was so concerned about the rush he wasn't even looking at the play develop. Scared to think how he will be when he has some NFL Tangos bearing down on him. Hopefully he regains that confidence and isn't permanently damaged.

Yeah, there for a great use if a 2nd round pick.  I like mac too bad he is going to have hackenburg tattooed to his forehead for his career,  His only hope is that he gets a real franchise guy pretty soon out of nowhere,

9 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

ptsd?  just a little melodramatic wouldn't you say?  however,one thing a qb needs to have above all is the ability to stay in the pocket and deliver the ball all the while knowing he will get creamed.  if hack has happy feet, no amount of coaching is going to fix that anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

ptsd?  just a little melodramatic wouldn't you say?  however,one thing a qb needs to have above all is the ability to stay in the pocket and deliver the ball all the while knowing he will get creamed.  if hack has happy feet, no amount of coaching is going to fix that anytime soon.

"Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can develop after a very stressful, frightening or distressing event, or after a prolonged traumatic experience. Types of events that can lead to PTSD include: serious road accidents. violent personal assaults, such as sexual assault, mugging or robbery."

That's PTSD worthy.

On 11/25/2016 at 3:35 PM, Beerfish said:

All I can say is that if the Jets dump Petty before actually really giving him a shot I'll be pissed off.  No you can't properly evaluate a QB with 3rd team reps and a few ex games.

And yes the Hack pick was idiotic. 

The irony in this post is hilarious.

Petty - Looks like dogsh*t in real action and had a "meh" training camp, unable to read basic coverages in year 2: "CAN'T JUDGE HIM, WAY TOO EARLY"

Hack - see almost nothing of him, looks like a rookie when we do (1 bad game, 1 good game in preseason), showed he can actually go through his progressions and make reads but is still raw: "He's fukkkkkkkkin trassssssssssssssh and a horrible pick brooooooo"

Archived