I'm rooting for the Jets to lose Monday Night - Part 2

JoJoTownsell1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, win4ever said:

Lol, I don't know why anyone would watch these games, have no point at all. 

It's crazy.  Preseason games mean more than our remaining games now, so long as Fitz starts.

At least in the preseason it's building towards something.  We're not building or playing for squat now.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It builds character.

There are easier ways to do that:

• Join an armed service 
  • Serve in the peace corp for a couple years
  • Spend a lifetime as a mine worker
  • Give away all your possessions and live homeless for a few years

3 hours ago, win4ever said:

Lol, I don't know why anyone would watch these games, have no point at all. 

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

It's crazy.  Preseason games mean more than our remaining games now, so long as Fitz starts.

At least in the preseason it's building towards something.  We're not building or playing for squat now.

You guys are cutting off your nose to spite your face. You act as if there aren't at least 10 or more guys that you should be watching for developmental purposes as well. But you whine and stomp because you can't see a 4th round long shot at QB. He had a chance. He'll get another. There are plenty of reasons to watch the Jets. You just can't get beyond your Petty pettiness. 

Just now, Mike135 said:

There are easier ways to do that:

• Join an armed service 
  • Serve in the peace corp for a couple years
  • Spend a lifetime as a mine worker
  • Give away all your possessions and live homeless for a few years

All of those options require standing, leaving my home, and talking to other people.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You guys are cutting off your nose to spite your face. You act as if there aren't at least 10 or more guys that you should be watching for developmental purposes as well. But you whine and stomp because you can't see a 4th round long shot at QB. He had a chance. He'll get another. There are plenty of reasons to watch the Jets. You just can't get beyond your Petty pettiness. 

Fitz hurts many of the guys who should be developing now.  Besides Petty and Hack, what about the WRs?  When your QB sucks and has the arm of a 12 year old girl, definitely limits things.

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Fitz hurts many of the guys who should be developing now.  Besides Petty and Hack, what about the WRs?  When your QB sucks and has the arm of a 12 year old girl, definitely limits things.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a team killer I think the defensive guys don't like Fitz as much as Bowles, Mangold,Decker and Marshall do.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Yeah. Petty was really helping those WRs with his inability to accurately throw a ball downfield. Fitz may not be able to throw the ball deep like Petty but he at least gives the guys a chance. Petty didn't do that if you watched that game you'd know. Q has come a long way and most of it with Fitz as his QB. It's just as important for the WRs to develop so that when Petty or Hack or whomever is ready to step in that they aren't being sabotaged by poor receiving options. You can withstand young QB growing pains when the supporting cast isn't going through the same thing.

Fitz isn't hurting the QBs development. He's actually probably helping them out each and every day in practice. Petty is even on record as saying so. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a team killer I think the defensive guys don't like Fitz as much as Bowles, Mangold,Decker and Marshall do.

Absolutely.

This season was doomed the second Fitz signed his 12mil contract.  The whole season/team went down with the scrub.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Could you tell me some? Because I have no answers every time a friend or family member watches the Jets and asks me why in the hell I subject myself to this.

Excuse to drink beer. 

Calories don't count during Jets games.

When you wear Kelly green, you become 3 times more appealing to the opposite sex.

Having a good cry is beneficial to your health.

You have to spend the other 3 hours and 57 minutes of your Viagara boner doing something, watching the Jets should cut that time in half. 

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Mike who cares at this point the entire team is tarnished did you see Robbie Stick Man Anderson fumble yesterday he cant take an NFL hit. Jallin Marshall,Devin Smith JAGS it doesn't matter and let Brandon Marshall lose the bet with Antonio Brown LOL good for him. Who cares Mike its all a bunch of bullsh*t nonsense watch other real NFL football teams and enjoy the rest of the season. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Mike who cares at this point the entire team is tarnished did you see Robbie Stick Man Anderson fumble yesterday he cant take an NFL hit. Jallin Marshall,Devin Smith JAGS it doesn't matter and let Brandon Marshall lose the bet with Antonio Brown LOL good for him. Who cares Mike its all a bunch of bullsh*t nonsense watch other real NFL football teams and enjoy the rest of the season. 

Well I'm not quite there yet.

I loved seeing Petty play.  Heck, one of his first throws was a simple 10yd out.  But I was in awe of the throw.  

The ball didn't flutter.  The QB didn't have to wind up to throw it.  It wasn't short.  Didn't have time to KNEEL and pray it's not intercepted in the time it took the ball to get to the WR.  And it didn't get the WR killed.

Something so simple that we just can't do with Fitz.

If Petty or Hackenberg play, I'll be thrilled to watch this team.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Well I'm not quite there yet.

I loved seeing Petty play.  Heck, one of his first throws was a simple 10yd out.  But I was in awe of the throw.  

The ball didn't flutter.  The QB didn't have to wind up to throw it.  It wasn't short.  Didn't have time to KNEEL and pray it's not intercepted in the time it took the ball to get to the WR.  And it didn't get the WR killed.

Something so simple that we just can't do with Fitz.

If Petty or Hackenberg play, I'll be thrilled to watch this team.

Me too its just dont know how much more of Fitzpatrick and Bowles I can take it sucks to root for failure. 

20 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yeah. Petty was really helping those WRs with his inability to accurately throw a ball downfield. Fitz may not be able to throw the ball deep like Petty but he at least gives the guys a chance. Petty didn't do that if you watched that game you'd know. Q has come a long way and most of it with Fitz as his QB. It's just as important for the WRs to develop so that when Petty or Hack or whomever is ready to step in that they aren't being sabotaged by poor receiving options. You can withstand young QB growing pains when the supporting cast isn't going through the same thing.

Fitz isn't hurting the QBs development. He's actually probably helping them out each and every day in practice. Petty is even on record as saying so. 

See here...

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Yeah, right now there really isn't much to watch.  Throw in anyone else with talent, and at least there can be hope.  

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Actually, Fitz hinders the development and evaluation of the other guys as well.  

So, Fitz has his limitations, and teams all know it by now.  So if Robby Anderson runs by a defender, is it because the defense can't run with him or because they don't respect Fitz's arm?   If the offensive line isn't allowing sacks, is it because Fitz is a one read QB who has his mind set from the snap?  Or because they are actually great at protecting?  If Marshall puts up his usual stats, is it because Fitz looks towards him no matter what?  Or is he losing an edge?  Is Matt Forte or Bilal Powell slow?  Or are they facing too many guys in the box to be effective? How do you watch and see the other 10 develop, when the most important position in an offense actually limits the offense?  

Second, Fitz isn't coming back next season, and we aren't going anywhere this season.  So why is he still playing when we can evaluate the players we have now?

4 hours ago, win4ever said:

Actually, Fitz hinders the development and evaluation of the other guys as well.  

So, Fitz has his limitations, and teams all know it by now.  So if Robby Anderson runs by a defender, is it because the defense can't run with him or because they don't respect Fitz's arm?   If the offensive line isn't allowing sacks, is it because Fitz is a one read QB who has his mind set from the snap?  Or because they are actually great at protecting?  If Marshall puts up his usual stats, is it because Fitz looks towards him no matter what?  Or is he losing an edge?  Is Matt Forte or Bilal Powell slow?  Or are they facing too many guys in the box to be effective? How do you watch and see the other 10 develop, when the most important position in an offense actually limits the offense?  

Second, Fitz isn't coming back next season, and we aren't going anywhere this season.  So why is he still playing when we can evaluate the players we have now?

Petty hinders the development of the young guys more than Fitz. Aside from one long, underthrown pass he didn't do much of anything and wasn't mostly not good. That hurts the guys playing with him. If you don't think the offense was more limited with Petty, I don't know what to tell you.

To your second point, the way Macc and Bowles treat him are you absolutely sure he isn't coming back?

Archived