Report: Bowles and Maccagnan Safe, Jets Will Make Leadership Priority

JetNation

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Two of our ex HCs have won the SB as HCs of another team?  I wouldn't even consider Pete a Jets HC coach and Bill Parcells didn't win a SB after the Jets  

Retread or first time head coach I don't care. Bowels sucks. 

Pete was a Jets HC whether you like it or not and I thought it would be blatantly obvious that the "technical" part was referring to another Bill but I guess that got lost in translation.  If it makes you feel better, I don't count BB either so the count is only 1 in my eyes. 

You cared enough to specify 3 people you thought were first time coordinators (because that's what you wanted) until I told you that you were wrong.  Now you've back-peddled and said that you don't care if it's a re-tread.  So what you're basically saying is you want to become the Browns and fire coaches left and right because somehow that makes sense to you. Right?

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If that's what you got out of the press conference, then you're focusing on the wrong stuff. But some people just want to bury one guy for a failure from ownership on down. So be it. 

It won't be his last contract unless he chooses it to be. 

The fact that someone CONTINUES to defending Fitzloser is literally shocking. I do not understand it on any level. Yet people will want to run Bryce out of town if he plays like Fitz does every week in his start today. Just shows how charisma can completely cloud the judgement of people. I hate Fitzgerald, he has ruined this team.

3 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

I agree to certain extent but it all depends on if the team is competitive. Another major factor would be if Petty show's promise.. I could see them keep Bowles and Gailey around to keep the system in place if Petty looks good in the final games this year. A lot depends on Petty though. If Petty can produce then I agree Bowles and Co will get another chance. If Petty play's terribly then Bowles is a goner IMO. Maybe Mac as well.

so if petty comes out and plays like a rookie then bowles is gone but putting fitz in is such a bad alternative?  don't you or anyone think that you can not judge bowles or mac by the performance of any one player?  petty can play gret but the defense divas play like they have and the team fails. 

the thing is, bowles job has nothing to do with petty.  it's all about how the whole team performs.  after today they have threedivision games.  wouldn't that mean something if they close out by beating the bills, doltfins and patsies?  they'd be 4-2 in the division and that'snot a bad place to be.

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Two of our ex HCs have won the SB as HCs of another team?  I wouldn't even consider Pete a Jets HC coach and Bill Parcells didn't win a SB after the Jets  

Retread or first time head coach I don't care. Bowels sucks. 

Big of you to not consider Pete a Jets HC.  

Youre wrong of course but you know that

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The fact that someone CONTINUES to defending Fitzloser is literally shocking. I do not understand it on any level. Yet people will want to run Bryce out of town if he plays like Fitz does every week in his start today. Just shows how charisma can completely cloud the judgement of people. I hate Fitzgerald, he has ruined this team.

There are people here that support and defend Sanchez and Geno and both of those players did far more to damage and "ruin" this team than Fitz has done. The hatred people have for Fitz is misplaced and not useful. 

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

I take your point in the particulars (McCoy and Cable would both be bad choices, in my opinion), but in all fairness, almost any retread coach is going to have some serious warts on his resume, or he wouldn't be available in the first place.

Oh yeah I'm not disagreeing with the premise of a retread, if the right guy were to shake free I'd be ok with one.  I like McCarthy, Bill O'Brien (some will probably disagree and I don't think he gets fired), and if we could snag Jon Gruden away from ESPN I'd be thrilled. I don't think KC regrets hiring Andy Reid, so it's not always a bad route.  Those guys (McCoy and Cable? though? Nah.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Comparatively speaking, Mangini regime was some of our better drafting the past decade. Especially if you consider he had Bradway and his cronies as scouts.

I would like to have had Mangini a few more seasons post Favre to see what we had.  At his best he was a very good HC who got a lot out of his players.  

If you want Bowles gone, this is the type of game it's going to take.  Last week should've been enough, but if the Jets leaked that he was "safe", they needed to get their asses kicked by a 1-win team, and that is of course, in progress.

The fact that there are even leaks in support of Bowles is crazy.  This team is yet again playing without heart and getting embarrassed by the 3rd worst team in the league (Browns 2nd, Jets worst).

What exactly in the **** has this team or staff done this year that gives them a pass?  It's the worst Jet team I've seen in 20 years and has more talent than anything we've seen in the last 5 years or so.  It's a joke...  disgusting..  putrid.  I mean GTFOH with not inclined to switch HC's.

32 minutes ago, Pac said:

The fact that there are even leaks in support of Bowles is crazy.  This team is yet again playing without heart and getting embarrassed by the 3rd worst team in the league (Browns 2nd, Jets worst).

What exactly in the **** has this team or staff done this year that gives them a pass?  It's the worst Jet team I've seen in 20 years and has more talent than anything we've seen in the last 5 years or so.  It's a joke...  disgusting..  putrid.  I mean GTFOH with not inclined to switch HC's.

I think you're overrating the talent and underrating the toxic culture left behind by the previous administration. I don't know if Macc and Bowles are the guys but it takes more than two seasons to create a winning culture with the dearth of talent on this team. 

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Pete was a Jets HC whether you like it or not and I thought it would be blatantly obvious that the "technical" part was referring to another Bill but I guess that got lost in translation.  If it makes you feel better, I don't count BB either so the count is only 1 in my eyes. 

You cared enough to specify 3 people you thought were first time coordinators (because that's what you wanted) until I told you that you were wrong.  Now you've back-peddled and said that you don't care if it's a re-tread.  So what you're basically saying is you want to become the Browns and fire coaches left and right because somehow that makes sense to you. Right?

Not back peddling at all. I don't like Bowels never have and want him gone. I'd prefer a first time HC but if not then anyone is a better choice as far as I'm concerned. 

15 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I think you're overrating the talent and underrating the toxic culture left behind by the previous administration. I don't know if Macc and Bowles are the guys but it takes more than two seasons to create a winning culture with the dearth of talent on this team. 

Were you blaming Rex for the toxic culture on last years smoke and mirrors 10 win team?

That excuse carries zero weight.  Most of these guys weren't even on the team 2 years ago.  They are an abomination and it falls squarely on Bowles. 

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Were you blaming Rex for the toxic culture on last years smoke and mirrors 10 win team?

That excuse carries zero weight.  Most of these guys weren't even on the team 2 years ago.  They are an abomination and it falls squarely on Bowles. 

Winning covers warts. Losing exposes them. The leadership on this team, and defense, comes from the Rex era. That's not even up for dispute. 

Archived