Rams fired Fisher

JetsFanatic

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, JiF said:

6 winning seasons in 20 something years.  Most losses in NFL history.

Lucky mother ****er he lasted so long because he's absolutely terrible at his job. 

Fisher is really good at networking and manipulating owners into thinking he has credibility.   Everything is always someone else's fault when Fisher is in charge

19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

this man would make it happen but we're stuck w/ that bum Woody

Fisher fits the Belichick criteria:

• Student of the game from a young age.
  • Descends from a successful coaching tree.
  • Failure at prior job.
  • Disgruntled white guy.
  • Ornery.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Fisher fits the Belichick criteria:

• Student of the game from a young age.
  • Descends from a successful coaching tree.
  • Failure at prior job.
  • Disgruntled white guy.
  • Ornery.

SAR I

You don't want fisher he sucks

Fisher had McNair and George both in their primes and got both of them killed.  Once they were done he was done

5 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

You don't want fisher he sucks

Fisher had McNair and George both in their primes and got both of them killed.  Once they were done he was done

I was kidding, but only because he's proven so bad for so long at this juncture.  The rest of what I said was pretty much on-point.  I'm just done with rookie head coaches.

SAR I

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Guess they had enough of Fisher's ridiculous 'stache.   Hope Rex and Bowles are next.

Rex is gone after this season

Bowles ironically is going to get one more year because of Petty -- the same guy he blackballed and refused to play

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

So you don't want anyone from the Bellytree?

I want a guy who was an NFL head coach, didn't get it done, got fired, is hungry, and is from the offensive side of the ball.

So a guy like Josh McDaniels fits the bill I guess.  Was 8-8, then let go at 3-9.

SAR I

1 hour ago, JiF said:

6 winning seasons in 20 something years.  Most losses in NFL history.

Lucky mother ****er he lasted so long because he's absolutely terrible at his job. 

Eddie George, Steve McNair and Derrick Mason are the only reasons he had that many. Dude is awful.

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I want a guy who was an NFL head coach, didn't get it done, got fired, is hungry, and is from the offensive side of the ball.

So a guy like Josh McDaniels fits the bill I guess.  Was 8-8, then let go at 3-9.

SAR I

McDaniels is a clown.  What has he done that is so brilliant besides draft Tebow in the first round and tell Brady to go throw a touchdown

Just now, drdetroit said:

McDaniels is a clown.  What has he done that is so brilliant besides draft Tebow in the first round and tell Brady to go throw a touchdown

McDaniels is a system coordinator. He benefits from the presence of cheating and Tom Brady.

59 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Tebow won a playoff game Macc signed Fitzpatrick who never has. 

Bowles not playing Petty will come back to haunt him on black Monday. 

The Rams have dropped eight of their last nine games and have guaranteed themselves a 10th consecutive losing season. Under Fisher, who has six consecutive losing seasons of his own, the Rams have not finished better than 7-8-1. And since Fisher took over in 2012, the organization has been plagued by an ineffective offense and a continual rash of penalties.

"This was solely a performance-related issue," Demoff said of Fisher, who has had a winning record in six of his 20 prior full seasons as an NFL head coach. 

anyone who hires this guys gets what they deserve, lol

I think one of the reasons for our misery since Al Groh is that we keep hiring unproven coordinators as HCs. Every Super Bowl winner since has had an experienced HC. im not saying Fisher is the guy, but we need to replace Bowles with someone who knows what he's doing

18 hours ago, nyjunc said:

this man would make it happen but we're stuck w/ that bum Woody

temp20140919-07-NYJ-Leon-Hess-01-1995-Al

Yep, Leon was known for his sharp football decisions (Rich Kotite)  and his Knute Rockne like team motivating team speeches.     " "Let's go out with dignity and show 'em we're not horses' asses."

19 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Had this been the last year of Fisher's original deal?  If so, then it's actually not at all surprising if he got an extension during the offseason, and certainly wouldn't be any reason to retain him after how this season has gone.

Truth is he isn't the first, and won't be the last, HC to get fired with 2 years remaining on his contract. The timing is unfortunate (for the Rams' owner, like anyone cares) since he never got to coach 1 minute of his extension. But it's only money, from a billionaire to a millionaire, and if some NFL team somehow hires Fisher to be their HC there's surely an offset clause to boot.

Also it's uncommon for a HC to be actively coaching in his final contract year, so there's always 1 "throwaway" $ year from owner to HC on every team. This is merely 1 more year, so depending on one's point of view, he's getting paid for 2 extra years instead of 1 (rather than 2 extra years instead of 0).

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Harbaugh did it in SF and it was a disaster. OTOH, for Niners fans 2014 was the good old days.

No doubt. It's still the exception rather than the rule. The coaches have effectively convinced teams that they can't go into their final contract year as a lame duck coach because players won't respond to them the same. Probably some truth to it, but it's an obviously self-serving rationale. 

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Harbaugh would make sense bring him in to rejuvenate the team and develop Goff, But he's the king of Michigan no way he leaves

Teams - including good teams - annually piss away far more money on a player here or there that doesn't pan out. So if a team realizes a mistake has been made with regard to their HC's contract, better to suck it up now than just prolong the mistake until the inevitable.

It could (and arguably, should) just be all about the QB, or the lack thereof. They traded way up to draft Goff #1 because of his "ready now" profile and he's sat on the bench for > half the year behind suckiness, only to suck himself when finally thrown out there. If they view Goff as salvageable, as they absolutely should, they may just feel the answers to his successful development don't flow through Jeff Fisher. 

Along that note, if the Jets are thinking of cutting ties with any WRs, they should first call up the Rams to get something back in trade. They have plenty of cap space scheduled before cutting ties with or restructuring anyone, and could use a Marshall or Decker level target for Goff. 

Archived