Jets open up on locker-room fighting: It got worse and worse

Gen X Jet

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i'm all for keeping marshall and decker.  the young guys got a good taste.  anderson, enunwa, and peake are clearly the future wr's. get a good qb and these wr's will take off.

Anderson needs a lot of work in my opinion he drops way too many balls for me and he catches more often than not with his body. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Anderson needs a lot of work in my opinion he drops way too many balls for me and he catches more often than not with his body. 

well, there's a reason why he was an udfa.  he's keeping devon smith on the bench.  if he puts in some work he'll improve. he reminds me a bit of maynard.

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I'm no scientician, but maybe loading the roster with other teams' trash was a bad idea. 

no matter what in todays sh*tty NFL there are going to be FA additions ... unfortunately you never know what your getting personality wise. I think Macc tried to plug some holes and the fact that personalities and childish arguments put that in a bad light is a shame . I'm a union guy but in the case of the players association they are fueling the fire when they do not allow organizations to deal with how they run their business because there are ways to take care of these things in a way that makes players think before they act .

5 hours ago, Pcola said:

Bowles could have taken control by releasing Richardson.  Let's face it, he zero trade value and was harming the team internally.  By releasing him it sends the right message to Mo and the rest of the veterans who were dogging it.  

The Pats can have these type of D bags on their team because Of the veterans they have on their team and because BB won't hesitate to cut anyone of one.

A pro team isn't like a normal business.  It's like a military organization where the HC and FO have to take control.  

Releasing Richardson now doesn't send the same type of message to the team.  It's obvious that Rex's teams didn't have any discipline.  The sooner we get fewer Rex's guys and more of TB's guys here, the better.

Why throw out the baby with the bath water?  Who has more of a potential future on this team?  Richardson at age 25 or Marshall at age 33?

Bowles could have brought them together and dealt with this first hand...you know, the old 'seasoned' NFL vet that he is and supposed leader of this franchise.

I'm telling ya, while Sheldon may be a cancer in THIS locker room, as things transpired this year, not sure if the problem is Sheldon himself over countless other potential causes.  Yes, Sheldon is not the brightest bulb in the box, and he likes to speak his mind that is obvious...but he is the kind of football player that wears his heart on his sleeve..and these kinds abound in the NFL.  There the kind of NFL players that in the right environment would run through a wall for the right leader...they but in '100%'...but when they find out the leader has no clothes, then watch out.

The guy has been played out of position while here which ruins his standing for a next contract, has a crappy locker room and HC for that matter...doesn't surprise me he's confused and lashing out in the least...but get him in the right situation, and get him to 'buy in' and he'd be a force.  That takes some effort, and I have no idea what Bowles has invested in Sheldon or even tried to do in his situation, but I haven't heard of anything.

Just gotta look at the whole situation when it comes to the dysfunction that is the NYJ at this point...there are a WHOLE BUNCH of players 'underperforming' this year, esp on D...is it all the players fault?

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Why throw out the baby with the bath water?  Who has more of a potential future on this team?  Richardson at age 25 or Marshall at age 33?

Bowles could have brought them together and dealt with this first hand...you know, the old 'seasoned' NFL vet that he is and supposed leader of this franchise.

I'm telling ya, while Sheldon may be a cancer in THIS locker room, as things transpired this year, not sure if the problem is Sheldon himself over countless other potential causes.  Yes, Sheldon is not the brightest bulb in the box, and he likes to speak his mind that is obvious...but he is the kind of football player that wears his heart on his sleeve..and these kinds abound in the NFL.  There the kind of NFL players that in the right environment would run through a wall for the right leader...they but in '100%'...but when they find out the leader has no clothes, then watch out.

The guy has been played out of position while here which ruins his standing for a next contract, has a crappy locker room and HC for that matter...doesn't surprise me he's confused and lashing out in the least...but get him in the right situation, and get him to 'buy in' and he'd be a force.  That takes some effort, and I have no idea what Bowles has invested in Sheldon or even tried to do in his situation, but I haven't heard of anything.

Just gotta look at the whole situation when it comes to the dysfunction that is the NYJ at this point...there are a WHOLE BUNCH of players 'underperforming' this year, esp on D...is it all the players fault?

I agree with this 100%.  Sheldon would thrive under Bellicheck.  Bowles?  Not so much.

16 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Apparently it didn't. What boggles my mind is the fact that Todd Bowles was not strong enough a leader to quell this nonsense. Seems to me like petty jealousy at Brandon Marshall probably saying some critical things about other players without thinking or without thinking that player would take personal offense. Immaturity like that causes problems but a strong HC like BB or Parcells (why does it always come down to them?) it would have been squashed right away. I think Woody Johnson made a serious mistake bringing Bowles back, but I guess we all have no choice but to swallow hard and try to be positive.

The coach cannot be the mediator. He has to be the boss.  Cuts should have happened in-season

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Marshall has sought to burn down every locker room he's ever been in.

Yes, Mo and Sheldon missing meetings whenever they feel like it is clearly Marshalls fault. And the nerve to give half time pep talks when the team is not playing well, just awful.

Archived