My totally made up out of thin air odds on next Jets Offensive Coordinator

Sarge4Tide

11 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Not yet..But note: He was on Groh's staff w/Bowles. KW as ST coach..

The Chargers hold their current coaching staff in high regard.

While Whisenhunt and many assistants figure to be retained, the new coach will carry strong license to construct the staff as desired.

Ken Whisenhunt, whom the Chargers brought back to serve as the their offensive coordinator this season, could be a candidate as a replacement for McCoy. Whisenhunt has a 48-71 record as a head coach, including an appearance in Super Bowl XLIII with the Arizona Cardinals. He was fired as the Tennessee Titans head coach after one and half seasons, finishing with a 3-20 record.

Chargers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt is a candidate to run the offense under a new coach.

The Spanos-Telesco front office has hired Whisenhunt twice in the past four years. Whisenhunt is under contract (perhaps cheaply so, because of guaranteed salaries Tennessee owed him even after his dismissal with the Titans in 2015).

And, Philip Rivers, who is under contract through 2019, has singled Whisenhunt out for praise.

Interesting. If he becomes available, he'd be my top choice. He's a good offensive coach. 

Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB)

1/8/17, 1:27 PM

BREAKING #Cal has fired head coach Sonny Dykes, a source has told FOX Sports. Story coming on @FOXSports.

Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz)

1/8/17, 1:31 PM

Welcome Chip Kelly to the Bay Area ??

On 1/7/2017 at 9:39 PM, Be_a_Jet said:

I like Norv the most. But I would be excited with Bill Lazor too. 

Norv ain't coming here unless he knows we are committed to giving him talent at the qb position to work with.

Which means no Petty/Hack

20 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I had a feeling this might be the case.

Didn't Mike McCoy get the HC job with Chargers because he was OC'ing Peyton though? Perhaps he's grossly over-rated, since he couldn't actually succeed with Rivers, only Peyton. And we all know Peyton was his own OC for like the past 10 years.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I had a feeling this might be the case.

Didn't Mike McCoy get the HC job with Chargers because he was OC'ing Peyton though? Perhaps he's grossly over-rated, since he couldn't actually succeed with Rivers, only Peyton. And we all know Peyton was his own OC for like the past 10 years.

I don't want this guy as the OC, but that said, he revitalized Phillip Rivers career in San Diego when some thought he was coming to the end . He did that despite having a patch work offensive  line for the most part and an inconsistent running game . 

The guy is a hell of a coach.

16 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I don't want this guy as the OC, but that said, he revitalized Phillip Rivers career in San Diego when some thought he was coming to the end . He did that despite having a patch work offensive  line for the most part and an inconsistent running game . 

The guy is a hell of a coach.

I thought it was Whisenhunt that was credited with fixing Rivers, then he left to coach Tennessee, then came back to the Chargers. I can't remember the history of it, nor do I want to Google it.

I was just wondering... oh, and Rivers was horrible most of this season. Which isn't entirely on the coaches. He was throwing the ball to nobodies most of the year.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I thought it was Whisenhunt that was credited with fixing Rivers, then he left to coach Tennessee, then came back to the Chargers. I can't remember the history of it, nor do I want to Google it.

I was just wondering... 

Maybe you're right, but I think it all started when McCoy became the HC . Did Whisenhunt  coach under McCoy  before becoming the Titans HC .

4 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Maybe you're right, but I think it all started when McCoy became the HC . Did Whisenhunt  coach under McCoy  before becoming the Titans HC .

Not sure man... don't care enough to look it up. I know Whiz has been credited for fixing Rivers in Chargers games I've watched over the years. I also know Rivers raved about him when he came back to Chargers. 

50 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It's going to be one of the Arizona offensive assistants I bet. 

Not much there is you ask me..Only one I see. Doesn't do anything for me...Tom Moore and Harold Goodwin are already Asst HC / OC  

Former Alabama quarterback Freddie Kitchens enters his 10th season on the Cardinals coaching staff and fourth in the role of quarterbacks coach after his appointment on 2/5/13. He previously served as Arizona’s tight ends coach for six seasons after joining the team in 2007.

A three-year starter at quarterback for the University of Alabama (1995-97), Kitchens finished his playing career with 4,668 yards and 30 touchdown passes for the Crimson Tide. His offensive coordinator as a senior in 1997 was current Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians. Upon his departure

http://www.azcardinals.com/roster/coaches.html

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, C Mart said:

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

Two coaches of note on #Raiders staff who have expiring deals: OC Bill Musgrave and OL coach Mike Tice.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Two big ones. Plus QB coach Todd Downing an OC candidate. 

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 

#Raiders former OC Bill Musgrave had a contract that was expiring. OAK lets it expire. May have an in-house candidate in QB Todd Downing.

Sources: The #Raiders need a new offensive coordinator. Bill Musgrave not expected to return to the team for 2017. Had 6th ranked offense.

On 1/8/2017 at 2:18 PM, Joejet said:

How about Wade Wilson?  He has been the Cowboys QB coach for the last few years.  He did a good job with Prescott this year and played in the league.

Played in the league?  We'd be begging for the chance to pay Wade Wilson and Tommy Kramer $20M per year if they were around now.  Didn't think of him as a candidate, but I guess he is interesting.  He must have done some work with Romo and Prescott and the Bears were successful with Orton and Grossman under him.

Archived