Talking about Glennon with huge Bucs fans at SB party...

HighPitch

I was at a SB party here in Tampa. The conversation went to the jets and they sort of chuckled to each other saying things along the lines of "oh yea, the bucs f##k things up but get it right in 2 or three years....but the jets, they do the same thing all the time and never learn...."

Whatever.

Anyways I asked about their thoughts on Glennon and they all had a very strong feeling: The guy got a RAW deal. They said that he was very good in his rookie year and they were all looking forward to the future until that C##t (their words) Lovie Smith came in and ruined everything. Thye said that they hated him and josh freeman. Now that jameius is there all is well, but they all supported Glennon and HATED the fact that Lovie did the switch. One guy asked me, "OHHHH so you think the jets want to sign Glennon, that would be a good move since you have no real Qbs." Another guy said "There are 8 or so frachise QBs in the league and another 5 or 6 that are the pits,......Glennon is a starter in this league NO DOUBT and would probably rank right in the middle like # 14, 15 or 16.

So whatever fwiw

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched all of his games and also watched him live. I liked Glennon over Geno. I was impressed with how Glennon improved on the majority of his weaknesses in his scouting report. He actually at times moved well in the pocket avoided the rush kept his eyes down field and even ran the ball. I don't know what he will be in this league but in the right situation I think he will do really well. I am definitely a Glennon supporter, just don't want to give him Brock O money. I think there will be more teams after him in FA than most think.

Glennon's early results were a result of having Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson to throw to.  He threw a lot of 50-50 balls into traffic and came away with some great catches.  He is still a very unknown quantity and is probably going to get paid like a starting player.  I don't think that is where we need to be spending money.  We should be developing the guys we have already and adding a known quantity veteran to the mix.  

1 hour ago, Stonehands said:

Glennon's early results were a result of having Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson to throw to.  He threw a lot of 50-50 balls into traffic and came away with some great catches.  He is still a very unknown quantity and is probably going to get paid like a starting player.  I don't think that is where we need to be spending money.  We should be developing the guys we have already and adding a known quantity veteran to the mix.  

These dont look like 50/50 balls to me, they look like well placed passes from Glennon. Concentrate on the ball placement of these passes, alot of times Glennon is throwing the defender right out of the play. 

9.gif

The Gif below shows how Glennon throws Evans open and away from the over-the-top coverage by the safety. Glennon throws away from the defense and puts the body of the receiver between the defender and the ball. This is on purpose for the record, this isnt 50/50 balls and wishing upon a star.

8.gif

Below is another angle of the play.

10.gif

This was just a drop by Evans...but notice how this was either going to be a complete pass or incomplete pass. The defender has no influence on the play, but is only there to make the tackle if the receiver actually makes the play. 

7.gif

Glennon uses the back-shoulder pass to Vincent Jackson and there's simply nothing the defender can do about this. 

3.gif

Again, Glennon leading the receiver away from the defender with this pass (though dropped). 

2.gif

You cant throw a better TD pass than this. Glennon uses the size/ability of Evans here to shield out Buster Skrine. He puts this ball perfectly on the right shoulder leading away from the defender. This is what you call "undefendable"....not a 50/50 ball. 

6.gif

This may look like Glennon is simply "chucking one" up in the air, but how many times must we see Glennon throw the ball to where he puts the receivers body inbetween the ball and the defender? 

1.gif

45 yard pass, ball placed in a spot putting the receiver between the ball and defender....again.

Evans%20catch.gif

Look at it from another angle. Look how close Glennon played the out of bounds line with his ball placement. 

Evans%20catch%20v.2.gif

Mike Glennon isnt Ryan Fitzpatrick. Ryan Fitzpatrick throws up 50/50 balls. Mike Glennon throws beautiful passes downfield that puts his receivers in good position to make a play on the ball while also eliminating the defender via ball placement. 

People need to stop saying things that they've may have heard and actually watch the guy play. 

It all comes down to what he costs... I think teams would be crazy to completely write him off, but I also think teams would be crazy to blow their budget spending when there are questions still.

So it's tough. It's going to come down to scouting and trusting the decision makers. 

I think the organization knows they need to make a move next year or be ready to get their walking papers... So I wouldn't be completely surprised to see the Jets drop a big contract... But who knows.

45 minutes ago, Stonehands said:

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

I was at a SB party here in Tampa. The conversation went to the jets and they sort of chuckled to each other saying things along the lines of "oh yea, the bucs f##k things up but get it right in 2 or three years....but the jets, they do the same thing all the time and never learn...."

Whatever.

Anyways I asked about their thoughts on Glennon and they all had a very strong feeling: The guy got a RAW deal. They said that he was very good in his rookie year and they were all looking forward to the future until that C##t (their words) Lovie Smith came in and ruined everything. Thye said that they hated him and josh freeman. Now that jameius is there all is well, but they all supported Glennon and HATED the fact that Lovie did the switch. One guy asked me, "OHHHH so you think the jets want to sign Glennon, that would be a good move since you have no real Qbs." Another guy said "There are 8 or so frachise QBs in the league and another 5 or 6 that are the pits,......Glennon is a starter in this league NO DOUBT and would probably rank right in the middle like # 14, 15 or 16.

So whatever fwiw

Whoa whoa whoa, stop the clock, your friends implied Lovie Smith, THE Lovie Smith, better than both Parcells and Belichick Lovie Smith, didn't know what he was doing?!?!?!!

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

These dont look like 50/50 balls to me, they look like well placed passes from Glennon. Concentrate on the ball placement of these passes, alot of times Glennon is throwing the defender right out of the play. 

9.gif

The Gif below shows how Glennon throws Evans open and away from the over-the-top coverage by the safety. Glennon throws away from the defense and puts the body of the receiver between the defender and the ball. This is on purpose for the record, this isnt 50/50 balls and wishing upon a star.

8.gif

10.gif

This was just a drop by Evans...but notice how this was either going to be a complete pass or incomplete pass. The defender has no influence on the play, but is only there to make the tackle if the receiver actually makes the play. 

7.gif

Glennon uses the back-shoulder pass to Vincent Jackson and there's simply nothing the defender can do about this. 

3.gif

Again, Glennon leading the receiver away from the defender with this pass (though dropped). 

2.gif

You cant throw a better TD pass than this. Glennon uses the size/ability of Evans here to shield out Buster Skrine. He puts this ball perfectly on the right shoulder leading away from the defender. This is what you call "undefendable"....not a 50/50 ball. 

6.gif

This may look like Glennon is simply "chucking one" up in the air, but how many times must we see Glennon throw the ball to where he puts the receivers body inbetween the ball and the defender? 

1.gif

45 yard pass, ball placed in a spot putting the receiver between the ball and defender....again.

Evans%20catch.gif

Look at it from another angle. Look how close Glennon played the out of bounds line with his ball placement. 

Evans%20catch%20v.2.gif

Mike Glennon isnt Ryan Fitzpatrick. Ryan Fitzpatrick throws up 50/50 balls. Mike Glennon throws beautiful passes downfield that puts his receivers in good position to make a play on the ball while also eliminating the defender via ball placement. 

First of all, you have taken a few examples, but lets use those.  If you are being objective, having a 6' 5" all world receiver adjusting to those passes is much different than having a normal receiver. Those are all big plays that are in his stat line that would not happen without a receiver like the ones shown.

4 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

It all comes down to what he costs... I think teams would be crazy to completely write him off, but I also think teams would be crazy to blow their budget spending when there are questions still.

So it's tough. It's going to come down to scouting and trusting the decision makers. 

I think the organization knows they need to make a move next year or be ready to get their walking papers... So I wouldn't be completely surprised to see the Jets drop a big contract... But who knows.

I would pay $15 million next year just to not have to endure the embarrassing sh-tshow that would be Petty/Hack at Qb for 16 games

1 minute ago, Stonehands said:

First of all, you have taken a few examples, but lets use those.  If you are being objective, having a 6' 5" all world receiver adjusting to those passes is much different than having a normal receiver. Those are all big plays that are in his stat line that would not happen without a receiver like the ones shown.

Vincent Jackson is all-world?  Maybe on Neptune your right I guess

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

The tampa guys said he had zero talent to work with aside from those two wrs

And his WRs were good not great.  Vincent Jackson was at the end of his career, Mike Evans was a rookie, and Glennon only had a couple games with both players 

Compare that to our crappy God-awful Qb's who had Brandon Marshal, Enunwa and Robby Anderson and Forte and Powell as safety valves and still  last year and stunk up the joint

6 minutes ago, Stonehands said:

Yes, I've taken a few examples...and you are more than welcome to create some GIF's and take a few examples as well. 

As for the receivers...sure, he's using what he has available to him. However, being a 6'5 receiver doesnt change the fact that Mike Glennon can throw a football 50 yards "all air" and place the ball 5 inches inside of the out of bounds line while targeting a running wide receiver...who just so happens to be 6'5. 

Give Glennon some credit here bro. 

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

9.gif

8.gif

10.gif

7.gif

3.gif

2.gif

6.gif

1.gif

Evans%20catch.gif

Evans%20catch%20v.2.gif

Glennon would be our best QB since Vinny in 1998.  Not even close

8 minutes ago, thadude said:

I would pay $15 million next year just to not have to endure the embarrassing sh-tshow that would be Petty/Hack at Qb for 16 games

Ya 15 mill seems to be what people are failing on..: Which makes me feel like he'll get closer to 17... The guaranteed money will be interesting as well.

I just can never decide. I know there are 0 positions in all of sports as valuable as a QB... But the Jets have other major needs. OL, OLB, CB, maybe a safety?

I'm so wary of signing a guy like him for that much and having him end up winning 3 or 4 more games than someone for half as much might.

Lets say you sign him and go 9-7 instead of maybe 7-9 or 6-10... Is that worth it? Is it worth sort of crippling your roster?

I don't know the answer,  just something I think about... 

I'm fine with 15,16,17 million if we think he would get us over that hump and to the 10+ wins world. Otherwise eh...

21 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yes, I've taken a few examples...and you are more than welcome to create some GIF's and take a few examples as well. 

As for the receivers...sure, he's using what he has available to him. However, being a 6'5 receiver doesnt change the fact that Mike Glennon can throw a football 50 yards "all air" and place the ball 5 inches inside of the out of bounds line while targeting a running wide receiver...who just so happens to be 6'5. 

Give Glennon some credit here bro. 

Check my id, I live in the Tampa area.  I watched as many Bucs games as the guy you quoted in the beginning.  Believe me, I want nothing more than to turn over a rock and find the next great QB for the Jets....Glennon has a very low probability of being that guy and you are going to have to pay him big boy money to find out if I am wrong or not.

4 minutes ago, Stonehands said:

Check my id, I live in the Tampa area.  I watched as many Bucs games as the guy you quoted in the beginning.  Believe me, I want nothing more than to turn over a rock and find the next great QB for the Jets....Glennon has a very low probability of being that guy and you are going to have to pay him big boy money to find out if I am wrong or not.

I dont live in Tampa...yet watched every snap Glennon has ever taken as a professional while living in New York and Germany. 

Please, show us what you're talking about with actual footage. Everytime I make my case about Glennon I provide footage of his game in order to support my statement or to debunk others statement. Now im not saying that he's never thrown a 50/50 ball, every QB has, but the way you made it sound is as if that's his "game", when thats far from the case. 

Now, im here proving my position with footage, telling me that you live in Tampa does nothing when you're getting corrected by someone on the other side of the planet. 

Glennon Today > Petty Today

Glennon Today > Hackenberg Today

Glennon Today ???? The Available QB Draft Pick at #6 in the 2017 Draft

Petty ($$$), Hack ($$$), Draft Pick ($$$) all >>>>> Glennon ($$$)

Presuming we're not chasing some old worn out Veteran QB (like Romo), the equation really is this simple.

Glennon is better than we have, but far more costly.  We can only predict if he is better than what we could draft and sign for materially less money.

Personally, I stay the course with Petty and Hack for now, and invest in the draft in O-line, RB and CB talent.

I sign away some developmental guy or a mid-round QB prospect.  And I go into 2017 on the cheap, with Petty, Hack and the #3, no JAG Vets, no overpaid FA QB's.

If none of the 3 work out in 2017, I look QB in the draft in 2018, and at least the next round of high-drafted Jets QB would have a much improved O-line and support talent around him with which to start his career.

But I can appreciate the idea that if one thinks Glennon is a legit franchise QB, he is worth the likely cost.  I simply lack the faith that he is that good, and not just the most recent over-hyped short-resume Scott Mitchell type backup-makes-big-bucks type.

If Glennon comes cheap, then it's a no brainer.  Glennon/Petty/Hack is perfectly fine IMO for 2017.

24 minutes ago, Stonehands said:

Okay, so this is what I'll do. I'll take a "couple more examples" and show you passes to receivers not named Evans/Jackson or are considered "all-world"...deal? Okay, here you go. Oh, and anytime you want to back up your statement with some footage, please by all means do so and quote me. Im not saying that Glennon is the "perfect QB", but all I see are people talking but not showing anything. 

2015-04-11%2017_38_01.gif

2015-04-11%2017_32_05.gif

superb%201.gif

Glennon%20TD%20atl.gif

Great%20pass.gif

22 minutes ago, thadude said:

Vincent Jackson is all-world?  Maybe on Neptune your right I guess

Exactly. You never hear about Vincent Jackson when fans just talk general "football", however you talk Mike Glennon then all of a sudden he's had all of these "great weapons such as Vincent Jackson". 

My stomach hurts from all the cramping caused by my uncontrollable laughter everytime I hear it. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont live in Tampa...yet watched every snap Glennon has ever taken as a professional while living in New York and Germany. 

Please, show us what you're talking about with actual footage. Everytime I make my case about Glennon I provide footage of his game in order to support my statement or to debunk others statement. Now im not saying that he's never thrown a 50/50 ball, every QB has, but the way you made it sound is as if that's his "game", when thats far from the case. 

Now, im here proving my position with footage, telling me that you live in Tampa does nothing when you're getting corrected by someone on the other side of the planet. 

Everyone looks great when the only thing you show is their highlight reel.  

Please don't insult us all and pretend the footage you show is fully representative of his pros and cons, and not a "best of" reel.

Your argument would carry vastly more weight if you also explored his weaknesses and poor play/decisions as well as his "best of" money shots.

Just now, Warfish said:

Everyone looks great when the only thing you show is their highlight reel.  

Please don't insult us all and pretend the footage you show is fully representative of his pros and cons, and not a "best of" reel.

Your argument would carry vastly more weight if you also explored his weaknesses and poor play/decisions as well as his "best of" money shots.

Then take the time and show something different. 

Getting tired of people just running gums with nothing to back up their position. Your statements remind me of the big bang theory....a bunch of nothing exploding all over the damn forums everytime you speak. 

Show something and stop talking about insults. Its insulting to constantly see people talk about a guy that they've clearly not watched. If you have, prove your position like I have instead of trying to criticize the work actually put in to support my position. 

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Exactly. You never hear about Vincent Jackson when fans just talk general "football", however you talk Mike Glennon then all of a sudden he's had all of these "great weapons such as Vincent Jackson". 

My stomach hurts from all the cramping caused by my uncontrollable laughter everytime I hear it. 

Your talent evaluation is certainly in question if you are cramping up thinking about Vincent Jackson.  The guy was a ******* monster.  Yes, nobody talks about him now.  He is 33 years old.  He was one of the best WRs in football from 2008-2014.

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Glennon Today > Petty Today

Glennon Today > Hackenberg Today

Glennon Today ???? The Available QB Draft Pick at #6 in the 2017 Draft

Petty ($$$), Hack ($$$), Draft Pick ($$$) all >>>>> Glennon ($$$)

Presuming we're not chasing some old worn out Veteran QB (like Romo), the equation really is this simple.

Glennon is better than we have, but far more costly.  We can only predict if he is better than what we could draft and sign for materially less money.

Personally, I stay the course with Petty and Hack for now, and invest in the draft in O-line, RB and CB talent.

I sign away some developmental guy or a mid-round QB prospect.  And I go into 2017 on the cheap, with Petty, Hack and the #3, no JAG Vets, no overpaid FA QB's.

If none of the 3 work out in 2017, I look QB in the draft in 2018, and at least the next round of high-drafted Jets QB would have a much improved O-line and support talent around him with which to start his career.

But I can appreciate the idea that if one thinks Glennon is a legit franchise QB, he is worth the likely cost.  I simply lack the faith that he is that good, and not just the most recent over-hyped short-resume Scott Mitchell type backup-makes-big-bucks type.

If Glennon comes cheap, then it's a no brainer.  Glennon/Petty/Hack is perfectly fine IMO for 2017.

This is the post to close out the thread with.....well done, fish.

No itts not dont encourage him

Paying glennon say 16m qould put him right aboht in the middle of the pack.  That stafford/tyrod taylor/alex smith coin.  

Give me a break jets fans alwaya want the cheap deal.  This guy isnt signing fir 12 m he isnt fitz

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Your talent evaluation is certainly in question if you are cramping up thinking about Vincent Jackson.  The guy was a ******* monster.  Yes, nobody talks about him now.  He is 33 years old.  He was one of the best WRs in football from 2008-2014.

It probably would be if I thought Vincent Jackson was "all world", he clearly was never "all world" even during his monster years. He's never even been an all-pro, which is my point. 

Im not criticizing his ability, they are what they are, im only stating that people love to give Jackson and Evans all of the credit when Jackson had arguably his best season as a pro when Glennon was a rookie and Evans only played 5 games with Glennon when Evans was a rookie himself during McCowns injury. No one talks about Vincent having the dropsies like Brandon Marshall, I do because I watched the games and watched him drop alot of passes. 

All im saying is that Glennon should get more credit for what he's done instead of what he's done being instantly and solely the beneficiary of "all world" receivers who've never even been all-pro 3rd team. 

Archived