Talking about Glennon with huge Bucs fans at SB party...

HighPitch

5 hours ago, thadude said:

Osweiler - his team just got to the second round of the playoffs.  Can my team have that cautionary take?!?!?

Hoyer - are you seriously comparing the worst Qb in the NFL to Glennon?

Tyrod Taylor - was not the bills' problem.  They had no receivers, Watkins was out almost the entire season and their top 2 draft picks were also injured 

Bradford - agree, he's overrated and sucks 

Don't really get the comparisons of any of the above to Glennon.  

Are you going to seriously say that you would take Osweiler because his team dragged his lifeless corpse to the 2nd round of the playoffs?

Hoyer outplayed Cutler, a guy many here want, and Fitzpatrick last year. Also, my point is that these guys weren't worth the money or hype they got when they hit FA so thank you for making my point for me.

Watch the Bills and you can tell in one quarter how limited Tyrod is as a pocket passer.

Glad we can see eye to eye on Bradford.

The only reason they aren't comparable is because Glennon hasn't played in almost 3 years and I'm not sure that it's the best idea, long-term, to give him 12 million per for what he did in his rookie season, his last as a certified starter.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, thadude said:

We're not getting Cousins that's a red herring argument

Hey, we shouldn't sign Glennon we should trade for Aaron Rodgers instead.  See?  I can do that 2

No. We shouldn't sign Glennon and do what the Packers did.  DRAFT or develop a franchise QB.

4 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

No.... sorry....you are wrong....

Indeed some wanted to pay Fitz market rate they said he "earned" it...

I am not going to waste time pulling up those threads or trying to embarrass anyone.

Here is a direct quote of one poster (whom I like, so I'm not trying to call them out by putting their name here)

"We don't really know what those exact salary figures are..... Get a player if possible even for one season so you can win and worry about the following season that year. But in terms of overpaying Fitz. I agree no ridiculous salary but in the low teens to me is market and we should pay it. "

So I'm not making up anything, rather I read posts and respond accordingly and try my best not to randomly insult others

It a rewrite of history by Fitzoids.  One by one they've either denied the undying devotion they displayed in the offseason or downplayed the level of love they had.  

You see they're never wrong.  Only those of who disagreed with them, knew what we were getting into were wrong.  

A year ago Fitz deserved al least 12-14 mil.  Would have signed him for 14+.  Now they were against it.  You've got to laugh

Glennon is the next JAG QB fraud that will bilk foolish teams out of millions of dollars and completely set said foolish team back several years. Stop the madness of coveting other teams JAGOFF backup QBs and develop a QB of our own. People so willing to just shiitcan what we have for some complete fantasy of a complete POS JAG like Glennon being the answer. He is not.

Tried to watch some tape on Glennon.  It's clear there is talent there.  He throws a nice ball that has some zip (nothing amazing, but acceptable).  Some balls sail a bit on him, but he hits quite a few receivers on the money.  Pocket presence is a problem, footwork is ok not great, and he tends to stare down his receivers.  Couldn't tell about reading defenses etc

Hes obviously a big upgrade over Hack/Petty/Geno, but I don't know if he could output 2015 Fitzpatrick numbers either.  

Also, there is the ceiling question.  Do you want to take an Andy Dalton like prospect who u know can be a pretty good QB in the league but then kinda leaves you hanging?  I just don't see a potential Super Bowl QB there..

10 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I don't disagree that neither guy has inspired confidence but I also disagree that Glennon is some unicorn that Tampa is just going to let get away even though he's magically going to be the answer for another franchise. You say he's proven he can do all these things and yet he's looking for work. He's not the answer here. I don't think Petty or Hack are either but at least they won't cost 15 million a year to find out. 

Is it not at all possible that Tampa Bay just mishandled his situation?

You say he's "looking for work" as if he's begging for somebody to make him an offer.

Nobody is allowed to sign anywhere right now.  We'll find out when free agency starts what the league thinks of him.

If he's Osweiller II as many have suggested, nobody is going to look to repeat that mistake and he'll get some offers for $3-5 million per year to be a back-up.

If there were teams willing to part with a second round pick for his services, I would venture to guess that he'll get the $12-15 million that many are speculating on right now.

20 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

These dont look like 50/50 balls to me, they look like well placed passes from Glennon. Concentrate on the ball placement of these passes, alot of times Glennon is throwing the defender right out of the play. 

9.gif

The Gif below shows how Glennon throws Evans open and away from the over-the-top coverage by the safety. Glennon throws away from the defense and puts the body of the receiver between the defender and the ball. This is on purpose for the record, this isnt 50/50 balls and wishing upon a star.

8.gif

Below is another angle of the play.

10.gif

This was just a drop by Evans...but notice how this was either going to be a complete pass or incomplete pass. The defender has no influence on the play, but is only there to make the tackle if the receiver actually makes the play. 

7.gif

Glennon uses the back-shoulder pass to Vincent Jackson and there's simply nothing the defender can do about this. 

3.gif

Again, Glennon leading the receiver away from the defender with this pass (though dropped). 

2.gif

You cant throw a better TD pass than this. Glennon uses the size/ability of Evans here to shield out Buster Skrine. He puts this ball perfectly on the right shoulder leading away from the defender. This is what you call "undefendable"....not a 50/50 ball. 

6.gif

This may look like Glennon is simply "chucking one" up in the air, but how many times must we see Glennon throw the ball to where he puts the receivers body inbetween the ball and the defender? 

1.gif

45 yard pass, ball placed in a spot putting the receiver between the ball and defender....again.

Evans%20catch.gif

Look at it from another angle. Look how close Glennon played the out of bounds line with his ball placement. 

Evans%20catch%20v.2.gif

Mike Glennon isnt Ryan Fitzpatrick. Ryan Fitzpatrick throws up 50/50 balls. Mike Glennon throws beautiful passes downfield that puts his receivers in good position to make a play on the ball while also eliminating the defender via ball placement. 

People need to stop saying things that they've may have heard and actually watch the guy play. 

Most of these clips are throws to Mike Evans against Cleveland.........

Does any more need to be said?

for fans of a team that hasn't had a solid QB since vinny, you guys sure are picky.  what do you want the jets to do, trade for Luck?  it ain't happening.  Glennon would be a fine starting option - his career stats are arguably better then those of Fitz, Geno, Sanchez, etc.  pickin's are slim, and Petty/Hack isn't the answer.  

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Is it not at all possible that Tampa Bay just mishandled his situation?

You say he's "looking for work" as if he's begging for somebody to make him an offer.

Nobody is allowed to sign anywhere right now.  We'll find out when free agency starts what the league thinks of him.

If he's Osweiller II as many have suggested, nobody is going to look to repeat that mistake and he'll get some offers for $3-5 million per year to be a back-up.

If there were teams willing to part with a second round pick for his services, I would venture to guess that he'll get the $12-15 million that many are speculating on right now.

Mike Glennon isn't taking this team to the playoffs and he's certainly not a Super Bowl caliber quarterback. That's what this team needs. This guy isn't the guy. Let someone else waste their money. 

58 minutes ago, heymangold said:

his best numbers came in his rookie year, when he didn't have Evans.

I'm not against Glennon, i think he'd be the best free agent we could pick up without a doubt - whether he would be the answer for us long term who knows

My issue is with posting a couple of throws to Mike Evans against the browns as a case for Glennon being the best thing since sliced bread

28 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Mike Glennon isn't taking this team to the playoffs and he's certainly not a Super Bowl caliber quarterback. That's what this team needs. This guy isn't the guy. Let someone else waste their money. 

but you're not going to find or get that this year.  you probably aren't going to get it the next few years.  this team isn't just a QB away from making the playoffs.  glennon is a younger option that has potential.  

24 minutes ago, JETdawg1389 said:

I'm not against Glennon, i think he'd be the best free agent we could pick up without a doubt - whether he would be the answer for us long term who knows

My issue is with posting a couple of throws to Mike Evans against the browns as a case for Glennon being the best thing since sliced bread

My issue is constantly telling people to watch Glennon's games so you can see what myself and AFJF have seen. 

Instead people only go off the gifs.

I tell you what, I think that I might just make some more minus the Cleveland Browns. I would also say "and minus Evans" but that would be unfair to Glennon and how what he did with Evans as a target. However, the good news is that the majority of Glennon's games are without Evans so Glennon playing with less worthy targets against any team but the Browns should suffice right?

11 minutes ago, heymangold said:

but you're not going to find or get that this year.  you probably aren't going to get it the next few years.  this team isn't just a QB away from making the playoffs.  glennon is a younger option that has potential.  

You contradict yourself. Let's give this guy money even though the team is a few years away from competing? What if he sucks and the rest of the team is ready to compete in 2019? Then you're back at square one. This is the season to play Petty and Hack and then go into 2018 with a better sense of what you need at QB. Giving 15 million to a QB who was average and hasn't played in three years is ludicrous. 

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

for fans of a team that hasn't had a solid QB since vinny, you guys sure are picky.  what do you want the jets to do, trade for Luck?  it ain't happening.  Glennon would be a fine starting option - his career stats are arguably better then those of Fitz, Geno, Sanchez, etc.  pickin's are slim, and Petty/Hack isn't the answer.  

Well said

47 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What are the lotto numbers I should use for today?  

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Are you going to seriously say that you would take Osweiler because his team dragged his lifeless corpse to the 2nd round of the playoffs?

Hoyer outplayed Cutler, a guy many here want, and Fitzpatrick last year. Also, my point is that these guys weren't worth the money or hype they got when they hit FA so thank you for making my point for me.

Watch the Bills and you can tell in one quarter how limited Tyrod is as a pocket passer.

Glad we can see eye to eye on Bradford.

The only reason they aren't comparable is because Glennon hasn't played in almost 3 years and I'm not sure that it's the best idea, long-term, to give him 12 million per for what he did in his rookie season, his last as a certified starter.

If Brock Osweiler, the second round of the playoffs without JJ Watt Brock Osweiler, is the cautionary tale and why we shouldn't sign Glennon I'm going to point out he and his team did a helluva lot better than we did with our trash qb's last season

hoyer stinks, please

Villian.....to change the scope of the topic for a minute, let's talk the business side of this for Tampa. We heard that they turned down many overtures from teams for his services, supposedly holding out for at least a two for him. For arguments sake, suppose the best offers they got were a 3/4  rd pick. After Osweiller got his huge deal from Houston,is it possible that Tampa thinks they may get a better comp. pick out of this than they would in a trade?  

18 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That all you got now? Kind of sad really. We've all moved on from last season. Maybe you should too. 

Honestly? That's all I need. 

No one who took that position should be taken seriously when talking about what Mike Glennon could be/not be for the Jets...period. 

That position was sad to take. 

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Villian.....to change the scope of the topic for a minute, let's talk the business side of this for Tampa. We heard that they turned down many overtures from teams for his services, supposedly holding out for at least a two for him. For arguments sake, suppose the best offers they got were a 3/4  rd pick. After Osweiller got his huge deal from Houston,is it possible that Tampa thinks they may get a better comp. pick out of this than they would in a trade?  

No Tampa was asking for a 1 not a "2 at most"

26 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

My issue is constantly telling people to watch Glennon's games so you can see what myself and AFJF have seen. 

Instead people only go off the gifs.

I tell you what, I think that I might just make some more minus the Cleveland Browns. I would also say "and minus Evans" but that would be unfair to Glennon and how what he did with Evans as a target. However, the good news is that the majority of Glennon's games are without Evans so Glennon playing with less worthy targets against any team but the Browns should suffice right?

Please do make some more -Evans & the Browns

Feel like if he really was as good as he is being made out, he would have been traded the minute Jameis hit down, especially given how many teams are short a quality starter.

Definetely will be an upgrade on Fitz though + hes young so still time for him to develop

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

He did the same thing vs Pittsburgh in a big upset

Was that the year Pittsburgh didn't make the playoffs?

I was only trying to make the point, that it would have more weight to show plays against top defenses rather than against mediocre secondaries

4 minutes ago, JETdawg1389 said:

Please do make some more -Evans & the Browns

Feel like if he really was as good as he is being made out, he would have been traded the minute Jameis hit down, especially given how many teams are short a quality starter.

Definetely will be an upgrade on Fitz though + hes young so still time for him to develop

Yeah cuz Petty put up eye popping stats throwing to Marshall and Enunwa while facing the 49ers and Rams at home

God damn some of u guys..... 

We need a qb right?  Asking for a franchise qb is like asking for a rich beautiful gf.  It MIGHT happen, but it probably wont.  A lot of it is luck.... 

U til then you get the best you can.  Glennon is at least different that the old Jags out there that he is at least young and has huge upside.  Hes probably better and more ready to contribute than even drafting Watson.  Hes shown a lot of good stuff and he may be available. 

Strike when the iron is hot dipsh*ts

I'm not sure its worth the risk for  the Jets to sign Glennon to a big contact to see if he's a franchise QB or not.  If he's not, it sets the franchise back a few more years.  Some would say that the risk is worth it considering tht the Jets havent had a franchise QB in a long time.  I'm on the fence right now.  If they start Petty, however, it doesn't cost them anything and if he sh*ts the bed this year, the Jets can go out an draft a QB next year, or even this year if they think there's a franchise QB to be had.  Either way is less risky than signing Glennon IMO.  Don't get me wrong though - if the Jets are hell bent to sign a FA QB this year, Glennon would be my choice.

Archived