Contract Expired - The End Of Ryan Fitzpatrick

SAR I

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

And vice versa, I suppose. Either way, I feel it's yet another point of contention that often falls into 1 extreme or the other, and nobody could possibly ever break either mental model, because God forbid we consider things at an individual level.

I've known folks who served with the Marines, sold drugs, have come home, continue to sell drugs. They aren't protecting me. I've personally run into emergency situations every time I've had to, without regard for my own safety. Everyone's life experience is different. Nobody judges me for my path in life. Nobody tells me how much I love my community, my neighbor, or my country. 

The differnce is tht the Marine, if called upon will have to take a bullet for you. It is funny how nobody can tell you how much you love the country. Yet too many want to claim that Kaepernick does not. Just how patriotic is that?

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Baloney.

Last cycle here. Lol. You are a joke. Unless you are a Marine you will never know what it is to be one of us. Don't get angry, enlist. The Marines are the finest fighting force the world has ever known. It is not even disputable

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

I did not offer my personal opinion of whether or not Kaepernick's stance was right or wrong. 

I simply said it won't fly in New York.

9/11 happened here.  Thousands of Jets fans were in the World Trade Center.  We have the largest police force in the United States.  The city and the fanbase will not tolerate pro-BLM anti-police anti-flag demonstrations as they are pouring in drunk from their tailgates.

SAR I

Why was Kaepernick kneeling again? His reasons had nothing to do with anything you typed up.  

39 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Last cycle here. Lol. You are a joke. Unless you are a Marine you will never know what it is to be one of us. Don't get angry, enlist. The Marines are the finest fighting force the world has ever known. It is not even disputable

I appreciate all that all servicemen do for our country, etc.  And I agree with most of this.  Just don't understand how not having served as a marine means I can't believe that Kaep, who like me never served, went about things wrong.  I get that he's allowed to do what he did.  Doesn't change the fact that I think he was a shlt head for kneeling.  

Reminds me of season ticket holders who think they should have a bigger voice in what the Jets do or don't do.  And that's coming from a long time STH

57 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I appreciate all that all servicemen do for our country, etc.  And I agree with most of this.  Just don't understand how not having served as a marine means I can't believe that Kaep, who like me never served, went about things wrong.  I get that he's allowed to do what he did.  Doesn't change the fact that I think he was a shlt head for kneeling.  

Reminds me of season ticket holders who think they should have a bigger voice in what the Jets do or don't do.  And that's coming from a long time STH

You have your right to believe just as every other American. His beliefs should not be held against him as a football player. He is an American first and foremost. We believe in differences here unlike many other nation.

3 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

The differnce is tht the Marine, if called upon will have to take a bullet for you. It is funny how nobody can tell you how much you love the country. Yet too many want to claim that Kaepernick does not. Just how patriotic is that?

I am not talking about Kap. Free speech and defending free speech is about as American as it gets though.

5 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Last cycle. I asked you to answer the question of what law did he break and you made some sh1t up. 

I doubt that.  There is no law against a peaceful protest. 

I support his right to protest in that manner, by the way, but I don't think it's good for his locker room and I know it isn't going to fly in MetLife Stadium.  He can get away with that in a town like San Fransisco, not so New York.

SAR I

5 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Very few of the military members I am acquainted with joined because of patriotism.  Same for the two ex-NYC policemen in my family. 

They joined because they got a free education, short career, and healthy pension.  Neither was particularly smart, neither had good grades, neither would have gotten into a decent school.  One has been retired since his 30s, the other his early 40s.  One paints houses when he feels like it, the other enjoys his summer homes and his boats.  Neither of them claimed to be more patriotic or heroic.  It paid the bills and let them retire early.

SAR I

There will always be an issue with whatever QB the organization chooses to lead this team the only way the fanbase is silenced on QB criticism is for that QB to win a Super Bowl. 

We are so picky and critical of everything and anything its amazing I guess supporting a losing franchise brings out the best and worst in people. 

2 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

You have your right to believe just as every other American. His beliefs should not be held against him as a football player. He is an American first and foremost. We believe in differences here unlike many other nation.

I'm not holding them against him.  I'm just saying he accomplished nothing, don't even know what he was trying to accomplish at this point.  But one thing to be clear, people who didn't serve are allowed an opinion.  Especially since he didn't serve

12 minutes ago, August said:

So you're saying Jets fans are against the things he's protesting against? He's not even anti police either. 

No, cops made to look like pigs on his socks was pro police.  Calling cops racists etc too

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Read what I wrote.  Then you won't have to ask such a question.

SAR I

You said this: "

I did not offer my personal opinion of whether or not Kaepernick's stance was right or wrong. 

9/11 happened here.  Thousands of Jets fans were in the World Trade Center.  We have the largest police force in the United States.  The city and the fanbase will not tolerate pro-BLM anti-police anti-flag demonstrations as they are pouring in drunk from their tailgates." my post is in response that. 

/

8 hours ago, August said:

You said this: "

9/11 happened here.  Thousands of Jets fans were in the World Trade Center.  We have the largest police force in the United States.  The city and the fanbase will not tolerate pro-BLM anti-police anti-flag demonstrations as they are pouring in drunk from their tailgates." my post is in response that. 

And your response to that was this:

"So you're saying Jets fans are against the things he's protesting against? He's not even anti police either."

The issue New York fans have with Colin Kaepernick is not his beliefs but how he chooses to display them.  There are ways to tell the world you don't like racial profiling and police brutality that don't involve insulting America as a whole, interrupting a joyous family event, and desecrating the flag.  Let him participate in a BLM protest march.  Let him donate millions of his own money to BLM.  Let him Tweet pig socks all he wants.  But don't use a football game as a bully pulpit to put forward a personal agenda.  And don't think you can do that in New York, Ground Zero, without it insulting the people of this region who lost thousands of relatives and friends far differently than it insults the people of San Francisco.  Refusing to honor the national anthem in San Francisco means BLM.  Refusing to honor the national anthem in New York is disrespectful to 9/11.

Clear now?

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

/

And your response to that was this:

"So you're saying Jets fans are against the things he's protesting against? He's not even anti police either."

The issue New York fans have with Colin Kaepernick is not his beliefs but how he chooses to display them.  There are ways to tell the world you don't like racial profiling and police brutality that don't involve insulting America as a whole, interrupting a joyous family event, and desecrating the flag.  Let him participate in a BLM protest march.  Let him donate millions of his own money to BLM.  Let him Tweet pig socks all he wants.  But don't use a football game as a bully pulpit to put forward a personal agenda.  And don't think you can do that in New York, Ground Zero, without it insulting the people of this region who lost thousands of relatives and friends far differently than it insults the people of San Francisco.  Refusing to honor the national anthem in San Francisco means BLM.  Refusing to honor the national anthem in New York is disrespectful to 9/11.

Clear now?

SAR I

Except that kneeling is not "disrespecting" the flag or anyone who lost their lives on 9/11. Clear now? 

1 minute ago, August said:

Except that kneeling is not "disrespecting" the flag or anyone who lost their lives on 9/11. Clear now? 

No, not clear at all.  That's a matter of opinion and many...  very many likely... would wholeheartedly disagree with you on this.  It's all a matter of opinion.

This thread is going political.  Not long until locked. Probably for the better.

15 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

The same way you have your right to only support black QB because you yourself are black.  And other have the right to perceive you in light of that bias.

We go way back Dawgg, been debating these issues for years, over a decade now in fact, and it's always been clear and obvious that you have a major, material racial-based bias in who you support and who you do not support.

This is especially clear at the QB position.  Where it explains your ongoing desire to resign Geno, or to sign the PR cancer that is Kaep, etc.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

No, not clear at all.  That's a matter of opinion and many...  very many likely... would wholeheartedly disagree with you on this.  It's all a matter of opinion.

This thread is going political.  Not long until locked. Probably for the better.

So why did you quote me and not Sar? It seems like you are leaning more on his side of the argument. I didn't start this political conversation btw I just threw my 2 cents in. 

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, that you actually believe most don't find him, his stance and the way he went about it was disrespectful is where you're so wrong.  

Do you want me to show you proof of troops/people who doesn't find what he did "disrespectful"? 

The same way you have your right to only support black QB because you yourself are black.  And other have the right to perceive you in light of that bias.
We go way back Dawgg, been debating these issues for years, over a decade now in fact, and it's always been clear and obvious that you have a major, material racial-based bias in who you support and who you do not support.
This is especially clear at the QB position.  Where it explains your ongoing desire to resign Geno, or to sign the PR cancer that is Kaep, etc.

Totally off topic, and I don't know about this particular Jetdawgg, but pretty sure the Jetdawg you're thinking of died a few years back. I met him a couple times as well, he was from even before the JI days.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, August said:

It is in New York.

Almost every National Anthem in MetLife Stadium is sung by a member of the armed forces or New York's police or fire departments.  Many times a wife or child of a fallen Jets fan from 9/11, the military, NYPD, or NYFD are honored right before the anthem begins. 

Point being, in New York the National Anthem is a reminder of 9/11, it's in honor of that terrible event, it's different than what the National Anthem represents in San Francisco or other NFL cities.  So Colin Kaepernick pulling his BLM protest would come across differently here. 

Savvy?

SAR I

3 hours ago, August said:

it sure the heck was when he decided on 9/11 to take a knee.  he couldn't put aside his misguided politics for one night. 

Archived