Rapoport: Teams showing real interest in Manziel at combine

AFJF

you know... if he really did learn his lesson and humbled himself.. and agreed to a VERY strict off field contract then I would be ok with bringing him in for a tryout and doing the whole 4 QB thing again.. not a whole lot of risk involved on this one..

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Manziel is like Tebow.  There will always be fools thinking he can play in the NFL.  He can't. 

Manziel played high school baseball, and considered playing it at A&M.

If the football thing doesn't work out, I suppose the Mets can always sign him to a minor league baseball contract. 

I'm getting ready for Johnny Baseball.

Don't care for the guy and don't care what he showed.

Football and especially being a franchise QB is all about being sorted out in the head, Manziel is far from that. I've seen nothing that suggests he is capable of being a consistent player over he course of a decade and staying out out trouble. There's more to being a career footballer than just playing football.

Guys like Manziel in life don't impress me. They have the opportunity given to them and don't take it seriously. Some people in life don't even get given one chance, I don't see why this clown should get two.

I am not shocked there are some jets fans who want him. Hell there are some jet fans who want cutler for some ungodly reason so anything is possible. I just hope to god Woody doesn't think he can catch lightening in a bottle and turn this kid around. It would be a complete disaster on the football field.

He certainly doesn't make sense for the Jets.  You could eventually see him as a backup for a few years in a place with a strong culture, and a franchise qb that is firmly established.  Something like Green Bay.

For us, it would be the Tebow circus all over again.  No way!  

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If Johnny can put the weight back on and stay off the booze, why not sign him to a 1 year deal?  If he sucks you cut him in camp.

There is no risk bringing him in.  

If his head is on straight hes easily the best qb on the roster.

That doesn't carry a lot of weight on this roster.

Vince Young is making a comeback and he'd also be the best QB on the roster.

Archived