Brett Kollman Vid on OJ Howard

TuscanyTile2

Yeah, he's a beast. Loved that he went to the senior bowl and really showed off his talent. In a pretty good tight end class, he's by far the best. 

Can't see us taking him at 6 but I wouldn't be upset. He'd more than make up for the loss of Marshall and eventually be a great asset for our young QBs.

We haven't had a great TE since, er, since, er, since er, since, er . . . Jerome Barkum. And I'm not even kidding. It's been that freaking long. Guy was great. I think he only had 3 or 4 fumbles in his entire career. Well, Shuler and Caster go without saying, but I really liked Barkum, and I think he was even ahead of Caster, although Barkum was also used as a WR, if I recall. As to now, that and a handful of pennies won't get me on the subway. I'm ready for a full dissertation about how egregiously wrong I am from the Grand Stat Poobah as he contemplates the bust of Homer. 

One of the few things I would feel pretty good about at six. I think the floor is a useful player and the ceiling is really high.

Trading down a bit (I know the Jets need a partner) and still landing him would be really cool.

This is an awesome TE draft. Would love to see the Jets draft two like the Colts did with Fleener and Allen several years ago. Great position to have multiple talented guys since you can do so much out of 2 TE looks, and they're great to have for a young QB which hopefully the Jets find someday.

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

Anyone remember Johnny Mitchell?

Just sayin....

Somebody had to do it. Just for that, I Doug Jolley  you with a little Matt Mulligan on top. Then again, we didn't draft those guys, so there's a little saving grace to be had. The laundry list of mediocrity at the position, we need not go near the obvious (Brady, Becht, Amaro, etc.). I'm getting chest pains. 

3 hours ago, jetophile said:

Somebody had to do it. Just for that, I Doug Jolley  you with a little Matt Mulligan on top. Then again, we didn't draft those guys, so there's a little saving grace to be had. The laundry list of mediocrity at the position, we need not go near the obvious (Brady, Becht, Amaro, etc.). I'm getting chest pains. 

Hey we drafted Mark Sanchez so we shouldn't draft Darnold!

7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, he's a beast. Loved that he went to the senior bowl and really showed off his talent. In a pretty good tight end class, he's by far the best. 

Can't see us taking him at 6 but I wouldn't be upset. He'd more than make up for the loss of Marshall and eventually be a great asset for our young QBs.

This is what set him apart for me.  He solidified himself as a first round talent and showed the competitive nature playing in a game he did not have to play in.  I think Fournette goes to Jacksonville or the 49ers before we even pick.  OJ Howard is a possibility to the Titans, I would have no problem taking a player like this.

5 hours ago, thadude said:

Well everyone in the NFL has a good tight end accept the jets

Even though this is grammatically incorrect, there's still some funny truth to it.  It's almost like you're saying "every other team in the NFL has a good TE but not us.  Accept it because Jets"

Especially if we can trade Sheldumb for a 3rd! With our #2 & three 3rds you have GOT to go BPA @ #6. It's time for the Jets to start playing offense in a league designed for offences to thrive. I am so tired of taking CBs, Safeties & Dlineman in the 1st round. Surround Hackenberg with studs man & start cutting it loose. With ASJ already here, trade Richardson, go TE, 2nd round Edge rusher, 3rd round CBs & safeties since the draft is so deep in them & grab a late round RB that drops.

With Decker, Enunwa, OJ. Howard, Anderson, Smith, Peake, J.Marshall, Powell, Forte, Rookie RB, that's plenty of firepower for a young QB like Hackenberg. It would really help the blocking! You already have Forte & Powell who are excellent blockers, Enunwa can block his azz off & it looks like Howard can block too. That's how you protect a young QB.

57 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Especially if we can trade Sheldumb for a 3rd! With our #2 & three 3rds you have GOT to go BPA @ #6. It's time for the Jets to start playing offense in a league designed for offences to thrive. I am so tired of taking CBs, Safeties & Dlineman in the 1st round. Surround Hackenberg with studs man & start cutting it loose. With ASJ already here, trade Richardson, go TE, 2nd round Edge rusher, 3rd round CBs & safeties since the draft is so deep in them & grab a late round RB that drops.

With Decker, Enunwa, OJ. Howard, Anderson, Smith, Peake, J.Marshall, Powell, Forte, Rookie RB, that's plenty of firepower for a young QB like Hackenberg. It would really help the blocking! You already have Forte & Powell who are excellent blockers, Enunwa can block his azz off & it looks like Howard can block too. That's how you protect a young QB.

YES! Agree 100%  

22 minutes ago, CaliforniaJet said:

I think I rather get David Njoku with our second round pick. 

Njoku is a sick athlete playing tight end. Howard is a great tight end with sick athletic ability. 

Njoku has a high bust potential Imo. Not terrible in 2nd but big risk. If we're passing on Howard, I'd rather wait until the third for guys like engram, Everett or shaheen.

Archived