So,just out of Curosity

Tinstar

26 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

IMO, the Jets will be better, or at the very least no worse, in 2017 then they were in 2016.  First off every veteran they've cut so far did nothing last season, so it's addition by subtraction. Secondly no matter who is at QB, odds are, it will be better than the sh*t job Fitz did last season.  

Seriously, how can they possibly play worst ?

48 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

When other teams are improving 10 or 20% and you're staying near 0, you've actually gotten worse compared to the competition. Tell me an area on the Jets that you can confidently say is the best in the AFC East, much less in the AFC? DL? Not based on last year's performance. The answer is none. This is an average to below average team on every unit, with the most important of all being the worst in the NFL. I can hardly wait for the season to begin...

50 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

When we are saying we will be better, not in wins or losses.  I mean you can't honestly think we are a 5 win team when we don't even have a QB yet.  Now add that our options are Cutler, RGIII, or career back ups that will cost us draft picks to acquire, than I have no idea where anyone thinks the wins are coming from.  If there is a current power poll out there, we are 32.

And as far as the "young guys" that have potential to develop, I don't know that we have very many.  With the exception of Anderson and Williams, we have a ton of guys with so little experience that no one knows what to make of them yet.  We can HOPE, but there was no solid indication from last season that illustrates that Macc has found more than 3 starters in 2 drafts.  

14 hours ago, Larz said:

Irsay pulled the biggest tank job of all time when manning went down and he brought in a retired kerry collins when manning went down, lol

Did he tell the Polians and Caldwell he was going to fire them?

Who was available in August via trade that they should have acquired to get them to 7-9 instead? What would they have had to give up for them? Did the Polians try to bring in this awesome awesome option and he just said:

Jim Irsay: I'm running things now, see, and you're going to take the hit for me, see? There will be no good quarterbacks coming in here and ruining things. You get Kerry Collins. That's right, you heard me. Kerry Collins. I met him at AA. You don't like it, hit the bricks, punks, which you will be hitting after my beautiful tank job anyway. Tough luck. Ah! You see what I did there? That's some fancy foreshadowing right there, fellas. Now get the hell out of my office before I change my mind about Collins and you get nothing instead.

Polians exit.

Jim Irsay: (chuckling, to self) Sometimes I'm just too funny for my own damned good. Too funny.

Enter Jim Caldwell.

Jim Irsay: Have a seat, Jim. I've got a little story you might not like.

Lights fade.

End of Act One.

9 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Did he tell the Polians and Caldwell he was going to fire them?

Who was available in August via trade that they should have acquired to get them to 7-9 instead? What would they have had to give up for them? Did the Polians try to bring in this awesome awesome option and he just said:

Jim Irsay: I'm running things now, see, and you're going to take the hit for me, see? There will be no quarterbacks coming in here and ruining things. You don't like it, hit the bricks, punks. Tough luck. Ah! You see what I did there?

I could see him go with "I'm here on a mission of mercy."

18 hours ago, billo83 said:

Tanking doesn't guarantee anything. Sam could get a major injury next season, regress majorly, fail a drug test, get in trouble with the law, or flat out be a bust. The same holds true for any of the top rated QB's. The cheater was a 6th round pick and Favre a 2nd rounder, and Marino wasn't the 1st overall choice. It's just silly all of this tanking talk. What is needed is good scouts that can identify talent.

right.  deliberately tanking is just not good.  the colts did and got maybe one good season out of it.  luck is getting clobbered because they can field a complete team.  as for darnold, he comes from a long line of usc qb's who were highly touted yet failed as long term starters.  only carson palmer has had any staying power.  the rest are pretty much scrubs although kessler and barkley may yet turn out to be okay.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

yeah, sure.  whatever you say.  i guess that's why they filled their team up with all sorts of scrubs the season before they drafted luck.

Oh, did they now? And they released all the good players, too, I bet.

And who did it? Who filled the team with all sorts of scrubs?

19 hours ago, HessStation said:

That's why it's not enough just to suck I want to see that golf ball go through the hose. 

Can someone post the 2017 schedule to assess the impossible wins/ futile wins. Perhaps we should change our name next year to ensure our desperation to The Paramus Jets. Has sort of a pee wee league clang to it. We must go full force!

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the producers?

Yes, the Producers.

So, my question is: Who are the superstars from the 2010 Colts that were released or not signed?

My other question: Who are the scrubs that replaced them?

My other other question: Did anyone tell the Polians about this scheme and if so, did they know they were going to be fired because of the sh*tty record that the evil owner all but ensured by bringing in a team of scrubs?

My other other question: Did the players know about this? What did it do to locker room morale, looking around the locker room and seeing all the good players gone, replaced by imposters?

One more question: Were these scrubs brought in before or after the Manning injury?

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Dunno but if you're the Jets, your motto should be...

Sam Darnold - YPTLTG.JPG

I read all these posts about tanking for Darnold my question is it guaranteed he will come out? He is a junior and its possible not guaranteed he could opt to return for his senior season. Chances are slim he decides to return for his senior season but he does have that option. See Matt Linertt.

On 3/10/2017 at 2:06 PM, jamesr said:

In terms of being REALLY bad, I have to think 49ers and Browns are the most likely candidates on that list. The rest still strike me as being 5-7 win type teams.

Agreed.  49'ers and Browns have improved this off season. Jimmy G seems destined to go to the Browns. Pats have traded many of their early draft picks and can recoup some by trading Jimmy (who I slammed the desk for) to the Browns. Niners, with Hoyer and the free agents they've signed, are much more stable.  If the deal between Pats and Browns go down, we are indisputably the worst team in the NFL. 

48 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

I read all these posts about tanking for Darnold my question is it guaranteed he will come out? He is a junior and its possible not guaranteed he could opt to return for his senior season. Chances are slim he decides to return for his senior season but he does have that option. See Matt Linertt.

Just make him an offer he can't refuse. 

Our secondary is going to be particularly bad as well, quite possibly the worst in the league. Compound that with the former and it means we won't be able to pass the ball or stop the pass. That's the best recipe for going 1-15 by a mile.

Sadly our secondary got better when we cut revis. I am pretty sure he gave up more plays than anyone else did last season. Burris should get more playing time and he looked like he had at least a bit of potential.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

On 3/10/2017 at 2:06 PM, jamesr said:

In terms of being REALLY bad, I have to think 49ers and Browns are the most likely candidates on that list. The rest still strike me as being 5-7 win type teams.

The 49ers have spent a lot in FA. I can see them being much improved this year.

Archived