Official JetNation 2017 Mock Draft DISCUSSION thread

Dcat

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

That will be challenging for me but I will try my best. 

whenever you are able to check in during the weekend, send me and @NYJetsVets91 a list of picks in order of priority.  If you can't check in at all during the weekend, we can try to find someone who will substitute for you until Monday.  But get us started with a list of players long enough for your next pick.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

We split.  Lost a close one by 4, won the other by double digits. 

Canyon Barry, son of Rick, is part of the family tree on my late Mom's side of the family. It's one of those cousin, 70 times removed type of things, people you never, ever see. I met "cousin" Rick years ago, probably almost 50, when he played with the Nets in the ABA. We're tight with the Barry's. LOL. Be pulling for Canyon.:D

• Upvote 1

This mock shows there are quality players available through about the end of the 3rd round. Starting at around pick 100-110ish, you're going to have to be looking for something specific or try to hit on a longshot. But, that top 100 has a lot of good players 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

This mock shows there are quality players available through about the end of the 3rd round. Starting at around pick 100-110ish, you're going to have to be looking for something specific or try to hit on a longshot. But, that top 100 has a lot of good players 

Great point. You should be able to get starters or huge contributors there. By the way, did you have to grit your teeth when you picked an Auburn guy?:D

6 hours ago, section314 said:

@Dcat       I know we can't trade future years picks. Could we trade players already picked for another player or picks this year?

not changing the rules midstream.  Too confusing and unfair.  Lets talk about it before next year's mock.

Just now, section314 said:

@Lil Woody......your guy ran a 4.28? 

He did. But he can also cover pretty well.  One of 2 very solid DBs in Minnesota. IMO he was the last viable CB on the board, I definitely reached for a need, I was targeting him in the late 4th, but CB is a premium position and my other needs are at easy to find positions. .

Just now, Lil Woody said:

He did. But he can also cover pretty well.  One of 2 very solid DBs in Minnesota. IMO he was the last viable CB on the board, I definitely reached for a need, I was targeting him in the late 4th, but CB is a premium position and my other needs are at easy to find positions. .

Did your homework for sure. Is he a return guy, too?

1 minute ago, Lil Woody said:

If Idzik taught us anything it was that you don't wait to round 4 to select a player at a stacked position in the draft.  It doesn't work well. 

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Did your homework for sure. Is he a return guy, too?

He is. Not sure how he rates there though. I saw 2 or 3 games of his live this year. He jumped off the screen, along with their safety.  Their OT Pirsig is a beast too.  He probably gets used as a OG in the NFL though.  I wouldn't be shocked if he was drafted in the 6th or 7th.  He might be too tall though, I don't know offhand. 

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If Idzik taught us anything it was that you don't wait to round 4 to select a player at a stacked position in the draft.  It doesn't work well. 

Position got crushed. Kept coming up short each round and I didn't want to reach until I absolutely had to.