Official JetNation 2017 Mock Draft DISCUSSION thread

Dcat

2 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

RB too. But either way, stop giving them good players that everyone likes. Look for guys who have an extensive injury history, or are know lockerroom destroyers, or just an arrogant, unlikeable a$$hole....send those guys to the douche factory that is the "football" giants.  As if the original NY (Baseball) GIants have been around far too recently and are still causing a lot of confusion for everyone.

When the Miami pick had to be decided by John and me in round 1, I basically felt like "it's the focking dolphags....  let's draft them a steaming pile of shiit."

41 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I don't even read rotoworld so no.  What I do know is like Gronk, Shaheen will look like a man among boys on the field.  

You obviously read Rotoworld, and keep going back there for your info I guess, I will follow up on actual work out numbers, and reported exec talks around the league, and my own 2 eyes in making my make believe draft picks thanks.

I'm very aware of who he is, and am indeed of fan too. Fluff pieces about a TE from Ashland trending towards the top 50 or 40 picks are common around this time of year.

It's still a huge stretch, especially coming for a div-5 school. Me and you don't get access to enough game tape to making thorough assessments. I wouldn't say it's impossible goes before round 3, but it's.... a reach. And you can expect some flack when you reach. We'll revisit on draft weekend. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Who did we get over there? 

At #6, it was Dalvin Cook. I mean if you are going to pick this troubled RB, at least work a trade down because he would have been there a bit later.  Didn't he go like 11 or 12 here?

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Well at least the Jets are doing better in this mock than they are over at the hampur.  Puke.

boo, don't be draggin your baggage over here lol. You're gonna complain about a guy who owned the ACC over an injured Safety? 

cmon.. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

boo, don't be draggin your baggage over here lol. You're gonna complain about a guy who owned the ACC over an injured Safety? 

cmon.. 

why not?  I posted it there too.  Hate the pick at 6.

Just now, Dcat said:

that's a better fit for him, culture-wise.  And a more realistic draft slot.  

i shared my thoughts over there. And how 11 and 6 are that different -- i disagree with. There's nobody else that exists between pick 6 and 11 that make the disparity worth talking about. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Good thing I got out of the surf earlier than I wanted to or I would have missed it.  Looking at the recent picks and selecting in a minute. 

You are also on the clock in the Hampur. But pick HERE first.

2 hours ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

JuJu will develop into a solid #1. 

Was never a big fan of JuJu until I went to the USC - Arizona game (2 days before that classic Monday night game in Arizona).  Did not know much about Darnold then either, but JuJu is a beast.  Every 50-50 ball thrown his way he came away with and then he was a YAC machine.   AZ CBs could not stop either before or after he had the ball.  Juju's performance that day was far more entertaining than the Jets - Cards 2 days later.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ok cool.  The list isnt udpated and I'm looking through the thread but has Caleb Brantley been taken yet?  I want him for the Falcons here. 

The list is 100% up-to-date on the spread sheet.  My occasional cut and pastes over to here are sporadic at best.  

Use the spread sheet people. It will always be the most up-to-date place to look.  

Just now, Dcat said:

The list is 100% up-to-date on the spread sheet.  My occasional cut and pastes over to here are sporadic at best.  

Use the spread sheet people. It will always be the most up-to-date place to look.  

Also, if you download the google docs app on your phone, you can access the draft list through that.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Was never a big fan of JuJu until I went to the USC - Arizona game (2 days before that classic Monday night game in Arizona).  Did not know much about Darnold then either, but JuJu is a beast.  Every 50-50 ball thrown his way he came away with and then he was a YAC machine.   AZ CBs could not stop either before or after he had the ball.  Juju's performance that day was far more entertaining than the Jets - Cards 2 days later.

is he Jewish?  Maybe we should start a thread.  I mean Ju Ju?  Schuster?  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Got it.  Will do moving forward.  Especially since they're both going at the same time.

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

is he Jewish?  Maybe we should start a thread.  I mean Ju Ju?  Schuster?  

When I saw the selection, I immediately started thinking how awkward will it be to cheer for him out loud?

Go Ju Go!  Go Ju Go!

JuJu, JuJu, Julu...!!!!

JuuuuuJu clap clap clap JuuuuJu clap clap clap

So weird. 

1 minute ago, Lith said:

We need to plan this better next year so one site starts up after the other one is winding down.  

10 days apart probably. Instead of the 3 days apart this year.  Last year JN didn't start up until the last minute in April and we never finished it.  We started too late.

And here are the first two rounds completed!  Nicely done everyone.  We are ahead of the expected pace!  @Beerfish is OTC to begin the 3rd round.

1 1 Cleveland Browns Beerfish Myles Garrett Texas A&M DE      
1 2 San Francisco 49ers LilWoody Solomon Thomas Stanford DE      
1 3 Chicago Bears Fibonacci Jonathan Allen Alabama DT      
1 4 Jacksonville Jaguars JiF Leonard Fournette LSU RB      
1 5 Tennessee Titans New York Mick Jamal Adams LSU SS   from Los Angeles Rams  
1 6 New York Jets NYJetsVets91 Malik Hooker Ohio State FS      
1 7 Los Angeles Chargers j4jets Marshon Lattimore Ohio State CB     MISSED PICK
1 8 Carolina Panthers King P Corey Davis Western Michigan WR      
1 9 Cincinnati Bengals Lith Mike Williams Clemson WR      
1 10 Buffalo Bills Lupz27 O.J. Howard Alabama TE      
1 11 Oakland Raiders PepPep Dalvin Cook Florida State RB     From New Orleans (JN)
1 12 Cleveland Browns Beerfish Mitch Trubisky North Carolina QB   from Philadelphia Eagles  
1 13 Arizona Cardinals Matt39 Deshaun Watson Clemson QB      
1 14 Philadelphia Eagles heymangold Sidney Jones Washington CB   from Minnesota Vikings  
1 15 Indianapolis Colts Integrity28 Derek Barnett Tennessee DE      
1 16 Baltimore Ravens Dcat John Ross Washington WR      
1 17 Washington Redskins PowPow Zach Cunningham Vanderbilt OLB      
1 18 Tennessee Titans New York Mick Marlon Humphrey Alabama CB      
1 19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Matt39 T.J. Watt Wisconsin OLB      
1 20 Denver Broncos NYJetsVets91 Reuben Foster Alabama ILB      
1 21 Detroit Lions King P Takkarist McKinley UCLA OLB     MISSED PICK
1 22 Miami Dolphins LAD_Brooklyn Haason Reddick Temple OLB      
1 23 New York Giants T0m Shane Ryan Ramczyk Wisconsin OT      
1 24 New Orleans Saints LilWoody Christian McCaffrey Stanford RB     From Oakland (JN)
1 25 Houston Texans Lupz27 Patrick Mahomes Texas Tech QB      
1 26 Seattle Seahawks T0m Shane Tim Williams Alabama OLB      
1 27 Kansas City Chiefs Sarge4Tide Kevin King Washington CB      
1 28 Dallas Cowboys heymangold Taco Charlton Michigan DE      
1 29 Green Bay Packers Paradis Quincy Wilson Florida CB      
1 30 Pittsburgh Steelers section314 Gareon Conley Ohio State CB      
1 31 Atlanta Falcons JiF Jabrill Peppers Michigan SS      
1 32 New Orleans Saints LilWoody DeShone Kizer Notre Dame QB   from Patriots  
2 1 Cleveland Browns Beerfish David Njoku Miami (Fla.) TE      
2 2 San Francisco 49ers LilWoody Teez Tabor Florida CB      
2 3 Jacksonville Jaguars JiF Cam Robinson Alabama OT      
2 4 Chicago Bears Fibonacci Joe Mixon Oklahoma RB      
2 5 Los Angeles Rams PowPow Forrest Lamp Western Kentucky OG     MISSED PICK
2 6 Cincinnati Bengals Lith Garett Bolles Utah OT     From Chargers (JN)
2 7 Tennessee Titans New York Mick Curtis Samuel Ohio State WR     From Seattle (JN)
2 8 Carolina Panthers King P Charles Harris Missouri DE      
2 9 Los Angeles Chargers j4jets Marcus Williams Utah FS     From Bengals (JN)
2 10 New Orleans Saints LilWoody Carl Lawson Auburn DE      
2 11 Philadelphia Eagles heymangold Pat Elflein Ohio State C      
2 12 Buffalo Bills Lupz27 TreDavious White LSU CB      
2 13 Arizona Cardinals Matt39 Obi Melifonwu Connecticut SS      
2 14 Indianapolis Colts Integrity28 Evan Engram Ole Miss TE      
2 15 Baltimore Ravens Dcat Cordrea Tankersley Clemson CB      
2 16 Minnesota Vikings LAD_Brooklyn Dan Feeney Indiana OG     MISSED PICK
2 17 Washington Redskins PowPow Budda Baker Washington FS      
2 18 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Matt39 Chidobe Awuzie Colorado CB      
2 19 Denver Broncos NYJetsVets91 Bucky Hodges Virginia Tech TE      
2 20 Cleveland Browns Beerfish Malik McDowell Michigan State DT   from Titans  
2 21 Detroit Lions King P Adoree Jackson Southern California CB     2d MISSED PICK: New GM: King P
2 22 Miami Dolphins LAD_Brooklyn Carlos Watkins Clemson DT      
2 23 New York Giants T0m Shane Jordan Willis Kansas State DE      
2 24 New Orleans Saints LilWoody Jarrad Davis Florida ILB     From Oakland (JN)
2 25 Houston Texans Lupz27 Adam Shaheen Ashland TE      
2 26 New York Jets NYJetsVets91 JuJu Smith-Schuster Southern California WR     From Seattle (JN)
2 27 Kansas City Chiefs Sarge4Tide Alvin Kamara Tennessee RB      
2 28 Dallas Cowboys heymangold Zay Jones East Carolina WR      
2 29 Green Bay Packers Paradis Dion Dawkins Temple OG      
2 30 Pittsburgh Steelers section314 Ryan Anderson Alabama OLB      
2 31 Atlanta Falcons JiF Caleb Brantley Florida DT      
2 32 Carolina Panthers King P D'Onta Foreman Texas RB   from Patriots  
3 1 Cleveland Browns Beerfish           OTC - Due by 8:45 pm
3 2 San Francisco 49ers LilWoody            
3 3 Chicago Bears Fibonacci            
3 4 Jacksonville Jaguars JiF            
3 5 Los Angeles Rams PowPow            

Just now, Dcat said:

10 days apart probably. Instead of the 3 days apart this year.  Last year JN didn't start up until the last minute in April and we never finished it.  We started too late.

Had I know you guys were going to start here this week, I would have waited a week over there, but I had l already announced when we would get started.  Also wanted to start now since my wife and daughter will be away for spring break starting this weekend, so I only have to completely ignore the familty for one week instead of two.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Assuming Carr is 100%, he could make their offense very tough to deal with.

The Raiders offense is the least of the Raiders problems( improved the unit a lot this offseason)  , as they have to concentrate on improving the defense( they need more than just adding ex Chargers DC John Pagano ).     

Did you ever hear of the expression too many cooks spoil  an offense.  Let's see they have Qb  Connor Cook, Te Jared Cook, and you want to add Rb Dalvin Cook.   

Right now as this can change before the draft.  ( MLB, SS, DT, and CB position are the biggest needs)  This is going to be predominately defense draft for the Raiders.  

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

The Raiders offense is the least of the Raiders problems( improved the unit a lot this offseason)  , as they have to concentrate on improving the defense( they need more than just adding ex Chargers DC John Pagano ).     

Did you ever hear of the expression too many cooks destroy an offense.  Let's see they have Qb  Connor Cook, Te Jared Cook, and you want to add Rb Dalvin Cook.   

Right now as this can change before the draft.  ( MLB, SS, DT, and CB position are the biggest needs)  This is going to be predominately defense draft for the Raiders.  

next year you should sign up and be the Raiduh's GM in our mock.  It's high time you join in.

• Upvote 1