Official JetNation 2017 Mock Draft DISCUSSION thread

Dcat

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Probably because Bortles sucks but talk about a roster loaded with young talent...

Jags are a strange team.  Every year they seem to add talent.  They play in a weak division, yet they are always top 5 in the draft.  Maybe it is the Idzik factor -- nothing quite works out the way you expect.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Jags are a strange team.  Every year they seem to add talent.  They play in a weak division, yet they are always top 5 in the draft.  Maybe it is the Idzik factor -- nothing quite works out the way you expect.

Blaine Gabbert and Blake Bortles with top 10 picks will do that to you. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Blaine Gabbert and Blake Bortles with top 10 picks will do that to you. 

Fair point,.  Although Borltes looked like he might develop into a pretty good QB after his 2nd season.  Not so much after his 3rd.

I'll be at work this evening until after 10.  Will not be able to participate or view.  NYJetsvets91 should be here to moderate along with Lith for a bit too. They have my Ravens pick coming up after Integrity.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Bills were very happy to get their 1st round talent at CB with that 2nd pick.

I like the player in that spot in the draft, but doesn't Adoree Jackson fit the new defense a lot better?  Adoree played every type of coverage where as White is predominantly just a man coverage CB.  With the new McDermott's defense using a lot of different looks and mixing and matching coverages, I'd have taken Jackson for them. Just a better fit imo based on his versatility.

37 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

I like the player in that spot in the draft, but doesn't Adoree Jackson fit the new defense a lot better?  Adoree played every type of coverage where as White is predominantly just a man coverage CB.  With the new McDermott's defense using a lot of different looks and mixing and matching coverages, I'd have taken Jackson for them. Just a better fit imo based on his versatility.

I watched Adore Jackson get abused by Penn State WR's all night in that Rose Bowl game I'm going with the better all around talent IMO with White.

The pick is in... I'm really drafting from the deep strengths of this draft class. I know the Colts just signed Doyle, but come on... they've been running 2 TE formation the whole time Luck has been there, and Engram represents far better athleticism and skill as a mismatch in the middle of the field. Leaving more 1-on-1 opportunities for Moncrief and Hilton on the outside.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

I was this close to taking your offer, but this made it more interesting... glad it worked out for everyone.

I wanted to draft Forrest Lamp for the Seahawks, so I asked JetsVets to trade up. By the time he countered and I accepted, some weasel snuck in and drafted him. Mick popped up and asked to trade up with me, saving my ass lol.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wanted to draft Forrest Lamp for the Seahawks, so I asked JetsVets to trade up. By the time he countered and I accepted, some weasel snuck in and drafted him. Mick popped up and asked to trade up with me, saving my ass lol.

Lol. My plan was to get Ross with my second 1st but Dcat grab him two spots before so I changed it to getting the best CB and trading up into the second for Samuel without giving away my 4th. Worked out for all 3 of us. 

• Upvote 1