Schefter: Jets to release David Harris

flgreen

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Releasing Harris is 100% the right move, and somehow they find a way to **** that up too. Maccagnan is like a bizarro world King Midas.

Couldnt have said it better.  Though I didnt see this coming, even with Davis here.  They were treating Harris all offseason like the glue guy that was going to hold the D together. 

Just now, Dcat said:

Not very PC, I know.  I dislike him as HC so much that I don't care.

F**K Pc. He sucks. Period. I always call him Bubba Gump Bowltite as everyone here knows. This move is yet another step towards securing the #1 pick next year which is great, but is fruitless unless Bubba Gump Bowltite IS SENT PACKING. I do not understand what is with this Franchise. This could have been done back in March, why now?

•  

The Jets' decision to release David Harris smells like a money-saving move. He was due to make $6.5 million in non-guaranteed salary, and the powers-that-be evidently felt he was expendable now that Demario Davis is back. I don't believe everyone in the organization is on board with this move. Harris, 33, had value because he was the "quarterback" of the defense. This was a shabby way to treat a true pro. The Jets have taken this rebuilding effort too far. If I'm Eric Decker, I'd be worried. He, too, has a big salary.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_

16 minutes ago, Stonehands said:

No surpise to me, they have kicked the tires on a few different inside linebackers this offseason.  

Great point. probably would have happened if they signed Hightower...Once the opportunity to move Pryor for Davis developed......

One of, if the only thing, I agree w/something Francesa has said is "don't get sentimental in sports"

1 minute ago, flgreen said:
  •  

The Jets' decision to release David Harris smells like a money-saving move. He was due to make $6.5 million in non-guaranteed salary, and the powers-that-be evidently felt he was expendable now that Demario Davis is back. I don't believe everyone in the organization is on board with this move. Harris, 33, had value because he was the "quarterback" of the defense. This was a shabby way to treat a true pro. The Jets have taken this rebuilding effort too far. If I'm Eric Decker, I'd be worried. He, too, has a big salary.

Taken it too far? Stfuuuuuu.

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Good for you.  My position remains unchanged.  The Jets treat everyone badly... their loyal fans, ticketholders, their own players who have been loyal (Mangold, Harris now).  But there's always room for a useless incompetent coach (K. Rogers), who contributes NOTHING to the development of the players, and  who happens to be a personal friend of Bowles, right?

Ahh, so you're just a bitter and angry Jets fan. No worries. I hate Bowles too and Rodgers sucks. But that doesn't mean I am going to indiscriminately bash every move the team makes. 

This team owes Harris nothing. He's made way more money than he has been worth. Was he is a model citizen that played the game the right way? 100pct. But in all his years, he rarely made big plays to help the team win in big spots. Now that he is old, he is smart enough to know his time was coming to an end. It's time for the kids/rebuild. 

Sam Darnold here we come!!!*

*Unless Hack miraculously becomes a franchise QB....

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yet Kacey Rogers is still a coach on the team?   Hey Bowles, you Bubba Gump, uninspirational, non-leader....  try cutting the weakest link in your own coaching staff (other than yourself, that is). 

Let it out...

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Decker's job is likely secure for the sole purpose of giving Hack a viable target. It would be tough to develop a kid without a few weapons around him. 

Hack?  McCown got 31 reps today.  Hack got 17

Love to see him re-signed as a run stopper and part time player. If he wants to still play (but for less money) there should be interest in him. But you'd think the same for Mangold and he hasn't been signed. Maybe both guys will wait until most of training camp is over to give their bodies a rest and see if the market opens up. I'd like to see both of them back in green. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Ahh, so you're just a bitter and angry Jets fan. No worries.

geez you just LOVE to incorrectly label posters here.  You know what JOJo? GFY, because nothing could be further from the truth. I've been bleeding Green since the mid 60's. Do me a favor.  Put me on ignore.  Just don't reply to anything I post.  All fans have the right to post their grievances, just in case you didn't know.  All you seem todo around here is complain about other fans.  Thanks for the contribution to the board. :rolleyes:

Archived