Schefter: Jets to release David Harris

flgreen

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, flgreen said:

Really don't like how this was done.  Guys lost a big step, and cost's 6.5 M, but he's a good guy, and to let it leak before he was told is really crappy 

Who knows where the leak came from...Could have been his agent

Hi son is on Jets CS..The 3? McCown, Decker & Forte?

Michael Lombardi‏ @mlombardiNFL  

He would be the 10th over 30 veteran play released off the Jets this year, only three remain.

When your Mike Linebacker is slow, your defense is slow---and Harris was slowing way down. they needed more speed on the Jets defense

What an ungrateful show of disrespect for an all-time great Jet.  Why not release him when other teams are in the midst of their free agent hunting, giving him a chance of landing on a contender?  Christ.  This f'king cheesy organization can never do anything right.  No class. There are times when I am embarrassed to be a fan of this horsesh!t team and not because they suck on the field, but because they treat their own players badly, treat the fans poorly and are unprofessional in their actions.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

What an ungrateful show of disrespect for an all-time great Jet.  Why not release him when other teams are in the midst of their free agent hunting, giving him a chance of landing on a contender?  Christ.  This f'king cheesy organization can never do anything right.  No class. There are times when I am embarrassed to be a fan of this horsesh!t team and not because they suck on the field, but because they treat their own players badly, treat the fans poorly and are unprofessional in their actions.

It's June. He has plenty of time to find a new home. He's been paid very well to be an average player. This doesn't bother me in the least.

Yet Kacey Rogers is still a coach on the team?   Hey Bowles, you Bubba Gump, uninspirational, non-leader....  try cutting the weakest link in your own coaching staff (other than yourself, that is). 

Holy sh*t!

I guess they figure Davis gives them what they need at MIKE a better price. The only explanation for why they would do this NOW of all times.

Harris was a great Jet for a decade, the last truly successful 2nd rounder the team has had. I'll miss him, I honestly thought he'd see the end of that contract.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's June. He has plenty of time to find a new home. He's been paid very well to be an average player. This doesn't bother me in the least.

Exactly. It sucks for him but they couldn't have done this before the draft. The Jets had no idea Adams would be there so that cemented Pryor leaving and they were able to turn Pryor into Harris' replacement. Some people just want to crap on Mac any chance they can get. 

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Good for you.  My position remains unchanged.  The Jets treat everyone badly... their loyal fans, ticketholders, their own players who have been loyal (Mangold, Harris now).  But there's always room for a useless incompetent coach (K. Rogers), who contributes NOTHING to the development of the players, and  who happens to be a personal friend of Bowles, right?

Makes sense.  Hard not to like Harris, but we have no business keeping an over paid, over 30 LB on the roster this year.  Davis -who's been touted as a locker room leader - slides into Harris's spot... A position that also seems to better suit him talent wise.  Good luck to David, and hopefully the Jets can work out a reasonable extension with Davis for 2018 and beyond before he hits free agency.

Had to figure that they were either going to tell Davis to not bother to get on the flight to NY or they would release Harris and Davis would replace him.  I dont see a reason to keep them both on the roster.

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Exactly. It sucks for him but they couldn't have done this before the draft. The Jets had no idea Adams would be there so that cemented Pryor leaving and they were able to turn Pryor into Harris' replacement. Some people just want to crap on Mac any chance they can get. 

Yeah, I get the feeling they were completely prepared to roll with him going into the season a week before the draft. Then one thing lead to another and "Oh, wait, maybe we DONT need him?"

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yet Kacey Rogers is still a coach on the team?   Hey Bowles, you Bubba Gump, uninspirational, non-leader....  try cutting the weakest link in your own coaching staff (other than yourself, that is). 

LOL did I hear a "Bubba Gump"? LOL.

Archived