Who are the 5 players on your all time Jets offensive line?

Sarge4Tide

1 hour ago, thadude said:

I dunno.  I think any poster on this site could get a sack facing Everett McIver

Everett McIver probably did a better job for the Jets than Harry Galbreath (RIP).

McIver is a perfect example of the horrors of the Kotite era.  A 1993 UDFA from D2 Elizabeth City State on the D line.  The Cowboys picked him up and converted him to the O line at the end of camp.  The Jets picked him up in December.  

They hung on to him for a bit and elect to give him his first start against Bruce Smith. IIRC they didn't give him any chip help from a TE or FB.  WTF?  Is it a surprise that he didn't start off like gangbusters?  Very similar to lining Vance Joseph (an UDFA QB/RB out of Colorado converted to CB by the Jets) up against Tim Brown and leaving him there all night.  Same ******* season. 

The kid actually started on a fairly decent Dolphins team for a bit after the Jets dumped him.  You remember those Marino teams?  He also started for the Chan Gailey Aikman Cowboys.  Neither of those teams gave up many sacks.

9 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

This is without looking at other responses, so I may be laughed at:

LT Winston Hill

LG Randy Rasmussen 

C Kevin Mawae

RG Brandon Moore

RT Brandon Shell :Pbecause I have no clue who deserves it

that's a really good list w/ Powell at RT

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Damien Woody was late in his career and way past his prime when he got to the Jets and he had a position change and played some of his best football. 

Woody was actually the best RT in the nfl in '08 and '09.

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Everett McIver probably did a better job for the Jets than Harry Galbreath (RIP).

McIver is a perfect example of the horrors of the Kotite era.  A 1993 UDFA from D2 Elizabeth City State on the D line.  The Cowboys picked him up and converted him to the O line at the end of camp.  The Jets picked him up in December.  

They hung on to him for a bit and elect to give him his first start against Bruce Smith. IIRC they didn't give him any chip help from a TE or FB.  WTF?  Is it a surprise that he didn't start off like gangbusters?  Very similar to lining Vance Joseph (an UDFA QB/RB out of Colorado converted to CB by the Jets) up against Tim Brown and leaving him there all night.  Same ******* season. 

The kid actually started on a fairly decent Dolphins team for a bit after the Jets dumped him.  You remember those Marino teams?  He also started for the Chan Gailey Aikman Cowboys.  Neither of those teams gave up many sacks.

Boomer still has PTSD from having McIver block for him

Not sure how this works but whatevs

T Winston Hill 

G Alan Faneca 

C Nick Mangold

G Randy Rasmussen

T Marvin Powell

if you really want to have a stipulation about Faneca not here long enough and a boner for Mawae, then I'm kicking Mangold to OG. 

D'Brick and Jumbo are my back up OTs and Brandon Moore is the only other respectable OG I can think of, along w Carpernter if the team didn't suck and he was around longer.

19 hours ago, EM31 said:

If it is the best O-Line players ever to play for the Jets then Jumbo Elliot and Alan Faneca seem to be overlooked in this thread.

If it is the best performing O-Linemen while playing for the Jets then i understand the choices here.

Jumbo and Faneca were also the worst performers on those lines by far -- especially Faneca

5 hours ago, David Harris said:

Mawae > Mangold 

jmo

loved how Kevin pulled around the tackle on sweeps (non-delayed sweeps)- incredible agility

Mawae is top 5 all time at the Center position plus he had a very long career.  He was excellent in Seattle before coming here and then was again excellent in Tennessee after everyone including Mangini declared him to be done

Powell

Rasmussen

Mawae

Moore

Hill

Mangold was brilliant with his ability to almost always be in perfect position while utilizing excellent tactics early in his career, but was ruined when he went the 'bigger is better' route. Mawae was the premier pulling C of his generation, and it's not even close. Along with suspect draft picks, it's the main reason I'm so hard-pressed to name another OG to the list; the Jets didn't need one, their C got to the second level or outside the OT better than any of them.

Please stop placing Brick ahead of Powell or Hill. The latter two are dominant  HoF players who are guilty of having played for the Jets. 

14 hours ago, HessStation said:

if you really want to have a stipulation about Faneca not here long enough and a boner for Mawae, then I'm kicking Mangold to OG. 

The issue with Faneca, aside from his short tenure, is the fact that HE COULDN'T PASS BLOCK AT ALL!!

10 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If you take Joe Fields, Kevin Mawae and Nick Mangold into consideration, it's hard to think of one position that has been better for the Jets than Center.

long snapper- John Hudson, James Dearth, Purdum :D

Archived