Enough's enough; we need to sign a WR for 2017

Paradis

This is ridiculous. Minus the Bears' castoff Wilson, our entire collective WR corps has 100 receptions, total... in their careers. I get the #1 pick quest, but we still have a responsibility to play pro-football for a season. GM still has to field a team.

I can't be the only one who feels we need to consider bringing in some long-in-talent types who've struggled elsewhere. At least kick the tires. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This is ridiculous. Minus the Bears' castoff Wilson, our entire collective WR corps has 100 receptions, total... in their careers. I get the #1 pick quest, but we still have a responsibility to play pro-football for a season. GM still has to field a team.

I can't be the only one who feels we need to consider bringing in some long-in-talent types who've struggled elsewhere. At least kick the tires. 

For what exactly?!?!?!

What difference would some castoff retread FA make?  Or trading a needed draft pick commodity, even a 7th, for some below-average or mediocre veteran?  How does that help?

This is shaping up to be the worst Jet team in franchise history.  And that is the best thing that could happen to this franchise.  The timing is FINALLY advantageous for this downtrodden franchise to go 1-15, plenty of blue-chip QB prospects in play for 2018.

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hard pressed to develop a young QB with the WR corps we have assembled not even Tom Brady could succeed with this group......

Anybody that will become available, or shopped via trade, at this juncture is not going to change that one bit. 

Ride it out...

Only free agent WR I would have considered was Anquan Boldin, and he was just signed today by the Bills. Yes, he's old, but he was quite productive last year for the Lions he had 67 receptions 584 yards and 8 tds. Wish the Jets reached out and would've signed him to a one year vet minimum deal.

18 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

For what exactly?!?!?!

What difference would some castoff retread FA make?  Or trading a needed draft pick commodity, even a 7th, for some below-average or mediocre veteran?  How does that help?

This is shaping up to be the worst Jet team in franchise history.  And that is the best thing that could happen to this franchise.  The timing is FINALLY advantageous for this downtrodden franchise to go 1-15, plenty of blue-chip QB prospects in play for 2018.

Your hearts in the right place, but you're missing my point.

What I'm NOT saying:

1. Trade for a WR
  2. Invest any $$ into worn out vets
  3. We need to win games and we need to get WRs to accomplish that
  4. As if signing a couple high ceiling WRs is going to change our chances of getting a QB in 2018 draft... seriously dude.

What I am saying:

1. We have to field a real team 
  2. We could stand see if any developmental projects stick on the roster past 2017
  3. The defense is going to be like "fck you..." if they spend 80% of the game on the field because the Jets intentionally avoided fielding any semblance of competency,
  4. Why would you play for a franchise that rolls pilons. You don't think the lockerroom will cave? 
  5. We have nothing to lose by bringing in Eric Rogers, Riggie Diggs, DGB, Marquez North, 

it would be nice to get a WR and pay what the Titan's paid for Decker-my guess is that the Jets offered him more but he turned it down.

Eric Decker's 1-year deal with #Titans is worth up to $5.35 million, per source. $2.5M signing bonus, $1.35M salary, up to $1.5M incentives.

15 minutes ago, K Clue said:

Only free agent WR I would have considered was Anquan Boldin, and he was just signed today by the Bills. Yes, he's old, but he was quite productive last year for the Lions he had 67 receptions 584 yards and 8 tds. Wish the Jets reached out and would've signed him to a one year vet minimum deal.

Do you think the Bills jumped the Jets on Boldin?

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

The defense is going to be like "fck you..." if they spend 80% of the game on the field because the Jets intentionally avoided fielding any semblance of competency,

You're not seeing the brilliance that is Macc n Bowles here.

This is their plan.  

Get the 1st draft pick because we suck.  But also give our very young defense tons of experience.  If they play twice as much as usual, all the rookies will basically be 3rd year guys next year.

And people think Belichick is smart... psh.  He's got nuttin on Macc n Bowles.

No worries Macc will sign some no name WR that no other team knew about and rave like hes an all-pro..... 

Available 

• Hakeem Nicks, WR, Saints. Age: 29. 

• Dwayne Bowe, WR, Browns. Age: 32. 

• Marques Colston, WR, Saints. Age: 34. 

• James Jones, WR, Packers. Age: 33.

•  

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No worries Macc will sign some no name WR that no other team knew about and rave like hes an all-pro..... 

Available 

• Hakeem Nicks, WR, Saints. Age: 29. 

• Dwayne Bowe, WR, Browns. Age: 32. 

• Marques Colston, WR, Saints. Age: 34. 

• James Jones, WR, Packers. Age: 33.

•  

It is baffling that Hakeem Nicks is only 29.

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Your hearts in the right place, but you're missing my point.

What I'm NOT saying:

1. Trade for a WR
  2. Invest any $$ into worn out vets
  3. We need to win games and we need to get WRs to accomplish that
  4. As if signing a couple high ceiling WRs is going to change our chances of getting a QB in 2018 draft... seriously dude.

What I am saying:

1. We have to field a real team 
  2. We could stand see if any developmental projects stick on the roster past 2017
  3. The defense is going to be like "fck you..." if they spend 80% of the game on the field because the Jets intentionally avoided fielding any semblance of competency,
  4. Why would you play for a franchise that rolls pilons. You don't think the lockerroom will cave? 
  5. We have nothing to lose by bringing in Eric Rogers, Riggie Diggs, DGB, Marquez North, 

You make valid points, and I get it.  And you're right, the defense is in for a long season.  But I doubt there is anyone out there that can help them "field a team."    Part of the upside to this miserable season will be finding the self-motivated players that won't "cave."  As for the quitters? Both vets and youth?  Hit the road...

BTW, I wouldn't even discuss DGB. 

You're not seeing the brilliance that is Macc n Bowles here.
This is their plan.  
Get the 1st draft pick because we suck.  But also give our very young defense tons of experience.  If they play twice as much as usual, all the rookies will basically be 3rd year guys next year.
And people think Belichick is smart... psh.  He's got nuttin on Macc n Bowles.

Dude, that's a load of sh*t. Have you ever played organized sports before? Doesn't work like that. I understand the point you're trying to make, and within reason it's sensible. Underline within reason. We've crossed that threshold. What happens if all three junior quarterbacks decide to stay in school? There's a lot more moving parts here than your acknowledging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This is just a thinnly veiled "Sign DGB" thread

Please point the veil out to me. 

20 minutes ago, Paradis said:

We have nothing to lose by bringing in Eric Rogers, Riggie Diggs, DGB, Marquez North, 

What makes any of these guys better than what we have?  3 guys that have never even been on a practice squad and DGB?  I get that Rogers had success in Canada, but he is like 26, coming off of an ACL.  I see they are all kind of tall, but I'm surprised that Diggs was one of your guys.  What did you like about him?  UDFA out of Richmond, I figured he was just a "regional try-out" for the 'skins.

NY Jets current WR's   

Experience 

Robby Anderson          2 

DeShon Foxx               1 

Frankie Hammond      3 

Chad Hansen              R 

Chris Harper               3 

Gabe Marks                R 

Jalin Marshall             2 

Charon Peake            2 

Ardarius Stewart        R 

Lucky Whitehead      3 

Marques Wilson        5 

Image result for bill belichick smiling gifs

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Like when we added Braylon or Holmes.  

Sometimes you make some really good points.  Other times, like the above, you say some really thoughtless things.

The Jets were a relatively good team when they did that. Absolutely nothing to gain now by trading draft picks to add anyone to this abysmal roster.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

We weren't fielding a team with or without Enunwa. The idea that this is the last straw is a lollercoaster.

For what exactly?!?!?!

This

Sent From My Perch Above the SOJF's

Archived