NC St DE Bradley Chubb vs Penn St RB Shaquan Barkley?

Sarge4Tide

Chubb vs Barkley?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. If it came down to Chubb or Barkley, I would....

• STRONGLY Favor Chubb
    • Favor Chubb
    • Be happy with either one, but slight edge to Chubb
    • Be happy with either one, but slight edge to Barkley
    • Favor Barkley
    • STRONGLY Favor Barkley

11 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If the Jets came down to picking North Carolina St Defensive End  Bradley Chubb or Penn St Running Back Shaquan Barkley with the #6 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, who would you favor?

I mean if you take a dime a dozen RB over a special edge rusher when you don’t have an edge rusher, and haven’t had one since John Abe, and it’s so obvious how badly the Jets have needed a game changing edge rusher for over a decade you should not be an NFL GM period stop.

Now when I say a dime a dozen RB it’s not to diminish Barkley’s talent, but he disappeared since October, you can find a similar franchise feature back in the 2nd, and 3rd rounds, and even later sometimes (Johnson, Kamara, Cooks, Mixon, Jordan Howard, Kareem Hunt, Lev Bell just to name a few).

Chubb all day, without knowing FA (aside from QBs) I'd take Chubb, Nelson, McGlinchey, Key, and Fitzpatrick before I pull the trigger on a 1st round RB. There is too much depth at RB this year to take one top 6 with this team.

I suppose if we get Cousins, Jensen, and Norwell then I could get on board with Barkley if Chubb wasn't there.

On 1/3/2018 at 12:31 AM, the Claw said:

Yeah, between the two the pass rusher wins. Barkley’s a nice piece, but Chubb would make a bigger impact imo.

Supposedly Irsay likes Barkley a lot which makes me hopeful that Chubb falls to us at 6

Draft Chubb, sign Ziggy Ansah and switch to a 4-3 we will finally have our first pass rush in over 10 years

7 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Bottom line, Barkley is not good between the tackles. He does not shed tacklers. If he can't outrun you, or jump over you, he's getting tackled. He is Reggie Bush in a bigger body.

He’s a very good receiver out of the backfield though.  Look at how Kamara dominated this season or David Johnson the year before.  I also think prime Reggie Bush would be better in today’s nfl then the league he played in 2006 which was more run heavy

Archived