Kiper has us taking Minkah Fitzpatrick in his latest mock?

Sarge4Tide

Minkah Fitzpatrick   

18 members have voted

1. 1. If the Jets did NOT sign a Free Agent QB prior to the draft, drafting Fitzpatrick would be......

• Tremendous Pick! Great Job!
    • A good Pick
    • Above average, not bad
    • Below average
    • A bad pick
    • A HORRIBLE pick, stupid!
  2. 2. If the Jets DID sign a Free Agent QB prior to the draft, drafting Fitzpatrick would be......

• Tremendous Pick! Great Job!
    • A good pick
    • Above average, not bad
    • Below average
    • A bad pick
    • A HORRIBLE pick, stupid!

Actually, this is why the board would revolt:

2017 (6): Defense

2016 (20): Defense

2015 (6): Defense

2014 (18): Defense

2013 (9): Defense

2013 (13): Defense

2012 (16): Defense

2011 (30) Defense

2010 (29): Defense

In a vacuum, Minkah would not be a bad pick, and we certainly could use a shutdown CB.  But 9 straight picks on the defensive side of the ball -- pretty sure that is already an NFL record for consecutive first rounders on one side of the ball.  Yup, the board would explode.

@Sarge4Tide, what are your thoughts on Fitzpatrick's skill set as CB v Safety.

22 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think he's probably more of a S who could play CB or some hybrid type positions .....he's a physical player with great instincts .  He's not as physical as Landon Collins or as fast as Eddie Jackson but sort of a hybrid of the 2.  I think he'll be a great NFL player.  Of course I thought Dee Milliner would be great too 

Just now, Sarge4Tide said:

I think he's probably more of a S who could play CB or some hybrid type positions .....he's a physical player with great instincts .  He's not as physical as Landon Collins or as fast as Eddie Jackson but sort of a hybrid of the 2.  I think he'll be a great NFL player.  Of course I thought Dee Milliner would be great too 

Why waste one first round pick on a safety when you can do it back to back years?

You know, I could theoretically get on board with building a "super unit" secondary, however:

Minkah (who went to my old high school) is more of a hybrid CB/S than a pure CB. I don't want a first round safety with Adams and Maye on the team. Also, we are probably going to sign 2 CBs in FA, so is Minkah playing the slot? Just a terrible selection. 

Did a FanSpeak mock draft - results - ? no CB because we will resign Claiborne and will get a couple via FA....and we have 2 sleepers from 2016 draft. 

rd 1- #6  Baker Mayfield QB...no brainer...run to podium 

rd 2 - Billy Price C.....best center... solidifies line

rd 2- Davenport DE.....monster potential...steel curtain type guy

rd 3- Dallas Godert TE......big, strong hands, fast...Travis Kelce like

rd 4- Mea Teuhema G......road grader bye bye Winters

rd 5- Jaleel Scott WR.....insane potential...red zone nightmare...6’6 super sleeper 

rd 6- Akrum Wadley RB.....fast, elusive, Gale Sayers type cut backs 

rd 7- Skai Moore LB.....hybrid LB/S....uncanny ability to be around ball....can teach Adams how to intercept ball

20 hours ago, Lith said:

2011 (30) Defense

In a vacuum, Minkah would not be a bad pick, and we certainly could use a shutdown CB.  But 9 straight picks on the defensive side of the ball -- pretty sure that is already an NFL record for consecutive first rounders on one side of the ball.  Yup, the board would explode.

Good lord it looks even worse when you lay it out like that. Sickening. 

Even worse is that from 2010 to 2014 up until Leo, all of those picks are off the team (once Wilkerson is gone). That's SIX first round picks not on this team contributing in any way. Outside of Richardson, I don't even think any of them are in the NFL any more are they? Ugh. 

20 hours ago, Lith said:

2011 (30) Defense

Thing is, for all of that, our D isn't very good, and the Jets still don't have any type of pass rush.

Archived