#49 Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh

#72 Frank Ragnow C Arkansas 

#109 Kameron Kelly CB San Diego State

#159 Alex Cappa OG Humboldt St

#182 Daurice Fountain WR Northern Iowa

#235  Chase Edmonds, RB, Fordham 

NYJ Resignings:  ASJ, Clairborne, Demario Mike Pennel and Eric Tomlinson

Free Agency

1.  Ryan Jensen - center is a HUGE need and we have the opportunity to upgrade immensely with a player like Jensen who has talent and a tough, run blocking mentality

2. Two of the second tier CBs -Bashaud Breeland, EJ Gaines, Rashaan Melvin, Aaron Colvin, etc.  This is a position that you can spend on in FA and we need two players in addition to clairborne as our pass rush will likely not improve a ton overnight.

3.  Veteran QB, McCown is fine with me as a bridge, but anyone of the mid tier guys is fine to keep around 

4. Adrian Clairborne - I think the team needs to be move versatile along the line, and Clariborne is a solid pro who can help play the run and rush the passer

5. Paul Richardson WR - Seattle WRs have done very well once they leave there and Richardson has a ton of upside, especially in a west coast style that could take advantage of his elite speed. 

Draft

1.  Baker Mayfield - everything he at the Senior Bowl shows why he is the type of player to step in and change the culture of this organization and be a legitimate franchise player on and off the field (if for some reason Darnold is available, Id take him but he wont be there)

2a. Harold Landry - didnt love him in college and his 16 sack junior season seemed a bit underwhelming (as in not as dominating as you would think with those numbers) but this is the type of risk/reward Mac needs to take.  Landry is too small to play 4-3 DE but could excel next to a player like Leo as Leo's size/strength should free Landry up to be a pure speed rusher.  Worth the upside here in the 2nd round. (alternate pick Ogbonnia Okoronkwo/OLB/Oklahoma or Lorenzo Carter OLB Georgia)

2b. Best available RB.  I think Sony Michael will be gone, but between him, Ronald Jones, Grice, and Nick Chubb one of them will be there to help improve our running game

3.  Frank Ragnow Center:  he has experience at guard and will likely present good value coming off his injury.  Can possibly sit for a year, and then take over a guard spot from Carpenter in 2019 (alternate pick Braden Smith or Sean Welsh - both athletic guards)

4.  Duke Dawson CB - Dawson is short and not an "outside CB" but excels in the slot.  When you can find a guy who you know can do one thing well at the pro level, its a good pick for the middle rounds

5.  Akrum Wadley RB:  Wadley had a decent senior bowl but at 5'9 188 lbs is not a feature back and although his skill set is similar to E. McGuire, Im putting Wadley here to solve our PR spot year 1, and be able to develop into a 3rd RB after Powell leaves in a year or 2 behind a 2018 draft pick and McGruire

6.  Shaquem Griffin (DB/LB) - this kid is the type of guy who will raise the level of play of those around him, whether he is playing special teams or in a hybrid safety-type role.  Bowles HAS to get more creative with what we have on defense, and Griffin has the ability to play in space and bring a lot of speed to the defense plus he is an exceptional locker room player..

7.  BPA with upside

I think the 2017 Jets offense was massively derailed by the play of Wes Johnson and a player like Jensen, with his ability and attitude will lift the play of the line as a whole.  His size and nasty demeanor in the run game allows him to operate without guard help and can allow an athletic guard like winters to thrive in a zone type system by getting him in space/to the second level.  I can see the offense running more like 2015 with Enunwa as a hybrid H-Back/Blocking WR which allows us to run a lot more RPO type plays to shorten Baker's learning curve and put the defense in a tough spot as to play straight up or nickel with ASJ, Enunwa, Paul Richardson or Robby and Kearse on the field with a single back. 

A core of Leo, Adams, Maye, Baker, Jensen and even someone like Griffin (inspirational story/football lifer) can continue the transformation away from the Brandon Marshalls and towards a true team that only cares about winning football games

give me one of the big 4 (darnold, rosen, mayfield, jackson) and in the second round BPA OL (maybe the OU tackle) and one of the georgia RB’s. I’d sign one of the top FA corners too (fuller, gaines, melvin) and use the remaining draft picks and cap space for OL/LB depth 

TODD BOWLES FIRED.... 

Jim Harbaugh signed as HC.

Cuts:

Wilkerson 

Forte

Skrine

Re-sign

Claiborne 

Demario Davis

Kony Ealy

FA Signing

Ryan Jensen

Andrew Norwell or Zach Fulton

Kyle Fuller, Rashaan Melvin or EJ Gaines

Bridge QB - Bradford (or similar) Tyler Bray ???? lower level option

Dee Ford (lower $)

Draft

1st rd

2 or 3 overall - Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold (assuming a trade up here so based on comp. ill only post a few draft picks)

2nd rd

49th overall (Seattle) - Ronald Jones or Sony Michel 

After that I'd say just leave the rest up to Mac and Co... 

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

TODD BOWLES FIRED.... 

Jim Harbaugh signed as HC.

Cuts:

Wilkerson 

Forte

Skrine

Re-sign

Claiborne 

Demario Davis

Kony Ealy

FA Signing

Ryan Jensen

Andrew Norwell or Zach Fulton

Kyle Fuller, Rashaan Melvin or EJ Gaines

Bridge QB - Bradford (or similar) Tyler Bray ???? lower level option

Dee Ford (lower $)

Draft

1st rd

2 or 3 overall - Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold (assuming a trade up here so based on comp. ill only post a few draft picks)

2nd rd

49th overall (Seattle) - Ronald Jones or Sony Michel 

After that I'd say just leave the rest up to Mac and Co... 

First off, you've earned rep just by being the first guy to say Fire Bowles.  I can't believe I left that out. 

I pretty much disagree with everything else other than Ronald Jones in round 2.  I think Dee Ford is a calculated gamble signing that I'm up for but I'm pretty sure he's staying in KC:

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/02/07/chiefs-rumors-dee-ford-failed-physical-2018-contract/

We'll see about that physical in March, but KC fans seem to think he'll fail it and then his contract is guaranteed for 2018.  

4 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Good idea for a thread;

Cuts:

Wilkerson 

Forte

Skrine

Carpenter

Re-Signings:

Claiborne 

ASJ

Demario Davis

Josh McCown

Kony Ealy

Free Agent Signings:

Zach Fulton C/OG Chiefs

Aaron Colvin CB Jaguars

Marqise Lee WR Jaguars

Alfred Morris RB Cowboys

Draft:

#6 Lamar Jackson QB Louisville

#37 Ronald Jones II RB USC

#49 Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh

#72 Frank Ragnow C Arkansas 

#109 Kameron Kelly CB San Diego State

#159 Alex Cappa OG Humboldt St

#182 Daurice Fountain WR Northern Iowa

#235  Chase Edmonds, RB, Fordham 

drafting jackson @ 6 IS no bueno  :/

30 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I don’t see why he’s any riskier than the other top prospects

not even a 58% career completion rate, throwing motion, ability to read defenses & scan the field for the 3rd or 4th option before running...having to redesign the entire offense to cater to 1 guy...  too risky at such a high pick most likely a 2nd rounder... although I wouldn't want him at all.

4 hours ago, jetsons said:

not even a 58% career completion rate, throwing motion, ability to read defenses & scan the field for the 3rd or 4th option before running...having to redesign the entire offense to cater to 1 guy...  too risky at such a high pick most likely a 2nd rounder... although I wouldn't want him at all.

I get the feeling that the L Jackson haters only see the running ability and ignore the passing ability.  

Does that o-line or those WR's look even remotely good?  

No prospect is perfect, and Jackson is definitely not a rookie starter, but why do we need him to be?  

2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I get the feeling that the L Jackson haters only see the running ability and ignore the passing ability.  

No prospect is perfect, and Jackson is definitely not a rookie starter, but why do we need him to be?  

What does that even mean???  ANY player can be made to look like a star in highlight reel  :/

11 minutes ago, jetsons said:

no... same thing... they are highlights of plays made... do you actually see a difference?

There is a difference, and you can tell because the first video you posted was a highlight and the second video you posted was every play by one player in one game.  

But besides that, I just watched your video and yes I see a massive difference in the throwing between the two players. 

Lynch throws short and to the outside on 80% of his throws.  He knows where he's throwing before the play is snapped on 90% of his throws.  He doesn't put up anything like the touch/accuracy on the deep outside throws that Jackson does; Jackson has two 30 yard + throws to the endzone in the final two minutes of that game (both are dropped) that are excellent and far superior to any throw Paxton Lynch makes in your video.  

So yea, I do see a difference.  

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

There is a difference, and you can tell because the first video you posted was a highlight and the second video you posted was every play by one player in one game.  

But besides that, I just watched your video and yes I see a massive difference in the throwing between the two players. 

Lynch throws short and to the outside on 80% of his throws.  He knows where he's throwing before the play is snapped on 90% of his throws.  He doesn't put up anything like the touch/accuracy on the deep outside throws that Jackson does; Jackson has two 30 yard + throws to the endzone in the final two minutes of that game (both are dropped) that are excellent and far superior to any throw Paxton Lynch makes in your video.  

So yea, I do see a difference.  

You don't understand where I am coming from... disregard.

10 hours ago, jetsons said:

You can criticized Jackson's comp %, but he plays in more of a pro offense then Darnold, Mayfield, or Rudolph and is asked to do a lot of pre-snap reads.  Petrino runs a hybrid college/pro scheme so dont knock Jackson for his ability to do those things, its simply not the case.

Yes you would need to design the offense around jackson, and no, he will never be a high volume, high comp % guy but his ceiling is cam newton type numbers which has resulted in a super bowl appearance, so its difficult to say it absolutely wont work.

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

That’s @LAD_Brooklyn. I don’t think Thai is.

Shame on you if you are, Thai.

Oh well maybe I am wrong there. Sorry  Thai, if so... 

Allen is going to bust so bad, lol... the JETS need to stay far away, we can't have another strong armed QB that can't thrown with accuracy

6 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I would take L Jackson way before I considered Josh Allen, Jackson looks like the best player on the field and Josh Allen never does

11 hours ago, jetsons said:

oh okay so you haven’t actually watched him play. his throwing motion is actually very good- compact, quick release and plenty of arm strength to spare. just watch him throw at the combine. and he absolutely can and does read defenses, has patience in the pocket and uses his eyes to look off defenders and throw guys open. not to mention he was pressured more than almost every other prospect not named josh rosen

Best Offseason? *pulls up pants past hips*

Bye Bye: (not including already announced cuts)

Skrine, Carpenter, D. Smith, 

Resign/Extend:

TE ASJ ($$)  DE Ealy ($) CB Clairborne ($$), LB Davis ($$) QB McCown ($)

FA signings: (remember we're not tying up tons of $$ in Kirk)

C, W. Richburg ($$$), OT C. Hubbard ($$), OG J. Kline ($$) slot-CB N. Robey-Coleman ($$) TE T. Burton ($$), WR M. Floyd ($), OLB J. Attaochu ($)

DRAFT:

1 (#3) - QB J Rosen.  it's not that crazy. Macc loves him. CLE probably goes Darnold and NYG is not a lock for a QB. Costs us our 2019 #1 and 2018 #4

2 (1) - OLB Arden Key LSU ...take a chance. 

2 (2) - WR EQ St. Brown ND

3 - RB Kerryon Johnson AUB

5 - CB Danny Johnson, southern

6 - OG/C Sam Jones, Arizona State

7 - TE Jordan Thomas Miss State.

Fack, you kidding me brah?  Defense is legit. Offense gets a total fcking make over with EQ + Kerryon & Two TEs sets... and Josh Rosen. 

Thank me later. 

Cuts:

Hack

Petty

Forte and Mo already gone

Draft:

Round 1: Davenport 

round 2: Mason Rudolph 

round 2: Will Hernandez 

Round 3: Stidham

Signs:

Offense:

Nate Solder

Ryan Jensen

Marqise Lee

Eric Decker

Jimmy Graham

Defense:

Nigel Bradham

Daquan Jones

EJ Gaines

Malcolm Butler

Resigns:

Demario Davis

Josh McCown

On 3/2/2018 at 12:44 PM, Stark said:

How does no ones best offseason not start with FIRING BOWLES?

I mean we are basically dreaming here, come on people. lol

Woody and Chrissy love Mac & Bowles we are stuck with these 2 for at least 2 more years

Today this is what I came up with. It requires imagination that our team actually would draft offense. One can hope.

CUTS:

• CB -- Skrine
    • See ya holding machine.

100M Cap Space.

FA:

• DE -- DeMarcus Lawrence (17M x 5 years)
    • Departure of Mo leaves us with an opening on the D line. This is our big ticket item for the year. Hopefully he is more motivated than his predecessor.
  • RB -- Dion Lewis (7M x 3 years)
    • This guy has been underrated for years. He has injury history but he is a fantastic player who can run and catch.
  • CB (slot) -- Nickell Robey-Coleman (7M x 3 years)
    • Solid guy to cover slot
  • CB -- Morris Claiborne (9M x 2 years)
    • Consensus is that he was pretty good last year.
  • ILB -- Avery Williamson (10M x 4 years)
    • Seen as a really good player for Tennessee. We give him a little more than DeMario wants and we get a 4 year younger player.
  • OC -- Weston Richburg (12M x 3 years)
  • QB -- AJ McCarron (16M x 1 year)
    • This guy is a decent game manager to play until Baker steps up and to be our backup when Baker is ready. We need a vet. This is a one year deal with options for 2 more years that he will probably never see.
  • WR -- Allen Robinson (12M x 5 years)
    • Number 1 receiver. Remember when we had one good year of Brandon Marshall? This is our new #1.
  • WR -- Jermaine Kearse (1M this year; 7M extension for next 2 years)
    • Re-sign your guys before their contracts are up. This is our dependable vet to go with youngsters.

10M Cap Space.

DRAFT:

• 6) QB -- Baker Mayfield
    • We stay put and get the guy with the huge chip on his shoulder.
  • 37) TE -- Mike Gesicki
    • A TE with athleticism and ball skills that this team has never seen.
  • 49) WR -- DJ Moore
    • My personal favorite WR in this draft. Maybe favorite player. Love love love him. And he just killed the combine.
  • 72) RB -- Royce Freeman
    • The guy who beats the defense down. Very good athleticism and speed to go with power.
  • 107) OLB -- Josh Sweat
    • Played on the line for defense at FSU from what I understand. This is the time in the draft to pick up an athlete and let him loose at the QB.

TEAM:

QB  -- Mayfield/McCarron -- I like it. Hopefully set for years.

RB -- Lewis/Freeman/Powell -- I like it. Hopefully set for years.

WR -- Robinson/Kearse/Anderson/Moore/Hansen/Stewart. -- I like it. Nice and young. Different body types. Probably set for years.

TE -- Gesicki/Leggett -- Both excellent receivers in college. We probably pick up a very cheap blocking TE, perhaps a late draft pick.

OL -- Beachum/Carpenter/Richburg/Winters/Shell

DL -- Williams/McLendon/Lawrence

LB -- Jenkins/Williamson/Lee/Sweat

CB -- Claiborne/Robey-Coleman/Burris/Clark/Jones/Robinson

S -- Adams/Maye

Archived