B/R's Matt Miller Reports Kirk Cousins Is Deciding Between Vikings and Jets

NYJets8

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s weird that the Browns have $117 million in cap space and aren’t even in the picture for Cousins, which makes me think—presuming Cousins has told them no—that the Jets are just hanging in for the free publicity.

They have to see what they have in Kizer!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

They have to see what they have in Kizer!

Unlike us they took a young guy & threw him into the fire in Kiser. Now they have #1 & #4 can take another young guy & grab McCarron or Keenum maybe to hold the fort. 

Everyone screamed bloody murder that Kiser sucked but so did Payton Manning, Andrew Luck, Aikman, Testeverde, and on & on in their 1st year in the NFL. Judging a young QB solely by his play in the 1st year in the NFL is just plain stupid. Steve Young says hello & the 49ers say, "Thank you very much Tampa Bay".

11 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Unlike us they took a young guy & threw him into the fire in Kiser. Now they have #1 & #4 can take another young guy & grab McCarron or Keenum maybe to hold the fort. 

Also Joe Thomas is on the verge of retirement and they might trade down again. All hope is lost in Cleveland. In a vacuum it's great to have all this capital but in reality they have to make a pick sooner or later. 

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Also Joe Thomas is on the verge of retirement and they might trade down again. All hope is lost in Cleveland. In a vacuum it's great to have all this capital but in reality they have to make a pick sooner or later. 

And then having so many #1s and 2’s in the same year, means you are gonna have to pay them all around he same time.  And you’d be lucky to have your FQB just coming in to his own when you have to start letting some of them walk.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I would say yes, but that would have required Case Keenum being employed by the Eagles at some point.

Keenum and Kevin Kolb are basically the same person, right? Aside from Keenum having some success as an NFL QB.

7 minutes ago, derp said:

Keenum and Kevin Kolb are basically the same person, right? Aside from Keenum having some success as an NFL QB.

You know, that’s a great question.  Case followed Kolb at Houston and was much more productive and like 5 year starter but went undrafted.  Kolb was taken 2nd round by Andy Ried. I can’t say I remember either breakdowns during the process but I’m sure it had to do with the goods and looking the part vs a limited guy who was highly productive. 

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s weird that the Browns have $117 million in cap space and aren’t even in the picture for Cousins, which makes me think—presuming Cousins has told them no—that the Jets are just hanging in for the free publicity.

Not weird at all.  Browns have the #1 and #4 picks in draft.  if they wanted they could 2 of the top 4 hot QB's in this draft, just in case, and still build a great team around whoever won the job with the rest of the draft picks, and $117 M.  

it would be stupid to get in the Cousins sweepstakes.  

On 3/5/2018 at 5:44 PM, Freemanm said:

Does anyone think that he'd rather go to a contender in a heavy white Anglo Saxon Christian town for less money, or take more money with the Jets, who still have a lot of pieces to add and reside in Northern NJ near Harold and Kumar? I guess that's what it will boil down to at this point.

Well, I guess he chose the former. 

Archived