216 Clay Matthews 13 Jetlife33 D LB
217   12 Nycdan    
218   12 Nycdan    
219   11 BombDirt    
220   11 BombDirt    
221   10 BigO    
222   10 BigO    

Just now, New York Mick said:

How the **** are you keeping track? You have a big board and crossing them off as you go lol. 

Lol I basically just been looking at the last couple of picks and assuming i’m In the clear when I pick my guys. 

Suprisingly it has worked but i’m done living on the edge. I must conform.?

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I know not everyone is happy with the "slow" pace the draft is going, but on the other hand, we've nearly reached the halfway point just 5 days in.  I think that's pretty solid!

I think the pace is fine for this many people, I am not complaining at all about pace.  I do think it will start to slow down in another 2 rounds or so, but still. I think its moving well. faster than the NFL Mock draft maybe

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

God damn it. You took my FS

Aww....I'm so sorry :(

On top of everything else, he was incredible as a KR and PR.  The flexibility to play FS or CB really helps as he's my first DB so I can take 2 CBs or a CB/FS combo as the board dictates.  I've been sweating out the last few picks because I wanted this guy so much.

We're at # 221 overall folks.  Here's the upcoming spots:

BigO

BigO

UntouchableCrew

UntouchableCrew

nyjunc

nyjunc

Patriot Killa

Patriot Killa

HessStation

HessStation

T0mShane

T0mShane

Paradis

Paradis

HawkeyeJet

HawkeyeJet

New York Mick

New York Mick

BallinPB

BallinPB

Alworth and Warfield are GREAT street cred picks for older school guys. I like Big O's team too. I don't know how it will resonate over all when everyone votes but as I've been really digging into this a lot of his picks are guys I've almost taken or wanted to, to shape my team more. Guys like Tunnell were on my short list after reading about him, would have been cool to pair him with Deion. 

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Alworth and Warfield are GREAT street cred picks for older school guys. I like Big O's team too. I don't know how it will resonate over all when everyone votes but as I've been really digging into this a lot of his picks are guys I've almost taken or wanted to, to shape my team more. Guys like Tunnell were on my short list after reading about him, would have been cool to pair him with Deion. 

Honestly, watch the video I linked about Warfield.  It's so much fun to see a guy that fast and fluid run.  Like the best of Wesley Walker in a way.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Alworth and Warfield are GREAT street cred picks for older school guys. I like Big O's team too. I don't know how it will resonate over all when everyone votes but as I've been really digging into this a lot of his picks are guys I've almost taken or wanted to, to shape my team more. Guys like Tunnell were on my short list after reading about him.  

Thanks Hess! I was just about to take Warfield over Berry, who of course was grabbed by NYCdan right before me ??‍♂️ and Adderly over Tunnell. I kept reading more about them, where they were ranked on various lists, how my team was shaping up, and I‘m pleased I went with both Tunnell and Berry.  Tunnell was a thief....79 INT’s AMAZING and Berry is a perfect compliment to blazing Bambi. Both on the 100 NFL All Time List!

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Aww....I'm so sorry :(

On top of everything else, he was incredible as a KR and PR.  The flexibility to play FS or CB really helps as he's my first DB so I can take 2 CBs or a CB/FS combo as the board dictates.  I've been sweating out the last few picks because I wanted this guy so much.

That's okay.  I was totally going to pick Warfield.  Could have gone in the first couple of rounds imo.  I picked Bob Hayes over him cause I hate Dolphins

17 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Yup.  This is where the draft gets fun.  Was surprised Renfro lasted as long as he did.  Like the Tunnell pick as well.  Berry, Warfield -- still some other really good WRs on the board who are overlooked because they didnt have the chance to put up 100+/1,000+ seasons based on the way the game was played back then.  

You also get an idea of age of posters based on the teams they put together-- either that or there are some young guys who are real students of the game's history.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Yup.  This is where the draft gets fun.  Was surprised Renfro lasted as long as he did.  Like the Tunnell pick as well.  Berry, Warfield -- still some other really good WRs on the board who are overlooked because they didnt have the chance to put up 100+/1,000+ seasons based on the way the game was played back then.  

You also get an idea of age of posters based on the teams they put together-- either that or there are some young guys who are real students of the game's history.

Well Warfield had the dubious fortune to play on the same team as Jim Brown for a few years.  So he wasn't exactly the first option for the offense LOL.  Then he went to the Dolphins who were also very much a run-first team back then.  Taken in context his numbers are pretty amazing, but you have to apply that to all the guys from the earlier decades.  I'm actually trying to find current guys I want to plug into the team later on but it's getting thin there as the younger crowd snaps up the names they know best.  

Looking at my team so far I see a lot of guys from the 60s-70s.  One from the 80s and one current player.  Am I old?

jn-atd_zpses10fe5g.png

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Looking at my team so far I see a lot of guys from the 60s-70s.  One from the 80s and one current player.  Am I old?

Not sure if it means you are old, or a student of the game.  Or both.  I remember watching every one of those guys play when I was a kid so no need to ask if I am old.

42 minutes ago, Lith said:

I took Arnie Weinmeister to play DT. This guy was ‘small’ compared to guys playing the position now BUT was a ferocious defender and the dominant DT in his era. Now I’m older than most here but not THAT old so I never saw him play but Gil Brandt has him rated #5 behind Randy White while NFL Films has him ranked #3 behind Bob Lilly as best DT ever. I’m hoping people realize the stats they complied in their respective eras do not determine their greatness in NFL lore. 

For the weekend, we will change back to the 3 hour clock.  In addition, clock will run from 9AM to 11PM since the days tend to start later on the weekend.  Hopefully this will piss everyone off at least a little bit -- the "too busy to pick" crowd and the "gotta keep moving" crowd -- in which case its a good compromise.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am old, but I am not THIS old. i think some of these guys are before my dad's time and he was a Jets (Titans) fan from the beginning

So you're a perfect test case.  Watch the video on Paul Warfield I linked in my selection post and tell us how you see him compared to today's greats.  I find doing the research reminds me of guys I had forgotten about, or brings attention to some I had never seen, and I love watching the old clips.  The game was very different, but stars are stars in any era.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Yep. Although upon research I had a couple really good alts at TE that are still available. But really wanted Ozzie. 

I assumed you were tlaking about Adderley.  Drafted by the Titans in 1961 -- first HOFer drafted in franchise history.  Could have been a Titan, but for some crazy reason he signed with GB instead.  What was he thinking???

Archived