Indiana Jones Mafia - False Idols

Pac

3 hours ago, Nolder said:

I just don't trust scenes. It has nothing to do with how obvious they are. It can be a scene like "Crusher rolls over and squishes Lizard King" and I still wouldn't take it for granted that Crusher was actually the one who killed LK. Maybe some might think that's stubborn or stupid but it's how I operate.

well now you know if I'm modding maybe you should read them and try to glean something.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for the record both Ape and Pac were being annoying in the DT.

Pac has that right because he's the mod but I wont call either of what they did "SMCing" because it would be an insult to SMC.

When it turned into a contest between the two of them about who was "SMCing" more was where it went off the ******* rails.

Don't go to a rodeo if you don't want to see some bullsh-t.

2 hours ago, SMC said:

Fantastic game, PacMod.  Great set up and a lot of fun playing it.  Congrats, CTM, Hess and Stark.  You played it real clean.

Nolder, you're not wrong.  I'm not pissed because I had a blind spot for CTM and thought he was Brody, but PacMod literally changed the rules during the game.

Look at the SMC Dead Thread.  It originally states that the Ark Kill cannot work on Indiana Jones if he self protects.  Nolder, as you pointed out, I self protected and was given multiple vests.

In fact, my on-thread night actions were taken to coax a shot out of Crusher, knowing I was protected.

However, PacMod changed the rules during the game and allowed me to be killed by the Ark Kill regardless what was done.  Note, PacMod out of the blue and during the game created the strongest weapon in Mafia history.  Never before had a weapon been impossible to stop.

See this is why I love and hate you..  your stubborn, monotone replies are indicative of someone on the spectrum.

I unilaterally reject everything you say here.

There was no mid game change of anything...  there was NEXT DAY change which was made before there were 10 posts in the game.

I sat down with a piece of paper and created roles, abilities, and balance in like 45 minutes..  Then I spent an hour and a half writing role descriptions and sending out PM's...

It was almost 2 AM on a work night so I was too tired to do a self review.  The next morning I did the self review and realized that making you immune to that was too much..   You weren't going to get lynched, you could hand out a whip (aka Vig shot) which is conveniently being left out of the conversation, you were unrecruitable, AND you could protect yourself from 99% of shots with the exception of the Ark Ghost.  Also making you immune to the AG would have perhaps made you the most powerful character ever created in mafia LOL.. 

again..  I know what I did, why I did it, and it was the right thing to do.

Also, I don't want to make waves and insult Pac's integrity but I do find it convenient that the SK thread is deleted.

How can I be sure Pac didn't inadvertently hint to Crusher to use his power since it was clearly what he wanted to happen?

Just seems like a weird coincidence Crusher is apparently emoing, Pac wants him to use his power on SMC, then next thing you know that's what happens. 

3 hours ago, SMC said:

Nolder, you make a good point here.

Crusher, come clean--Did PacMod mention to you in any way to use the Ark Ghost Kill that night you used it?

PacMod has deleted for SK thread for no reason, so this is highly suspicious.

These posts are too stupid to respond to but I'll be interested to see if Crush wants to...

I'm sure he won't mind at all that you 2 are suggesting that he willfully participated in cheating lol.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

to be fair, math isn't exactly pacs wheelhouse

ok do this math...

SK's had an Ark Kill that could penetrate any defense but could only use it once.

They had 16 players they could have used it on..

If Spoot visited Crush the night he tried to use it, it wouldn't have worked.

The cop had to be converted because surely if he was around and claimed they would have used it on him..

So what's the math say for the odds SMC was getting shot with it?

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Nolder is spot on. Cult belonged in this game as much as aliens belonged in the most recent Indiana Jones travesty. 

Pac sucks, and his obsession with forcing cult into games has made him a shadow of his former self as a mod.  Very disappointing. 

Cult sucks.  No one likes cult games.  Ever.  And especially not in games where it doesn't even fit the theme. 

Glad your contributions were minimal and you died on day 1.

Your loss... 

Just now, HessStation said:

Lost Boys could have been amazing if you weren’t a primadonna mod who goes on 3 day hiatuses.

I don't recall that..  I was a lot more active back then.

If I had to be somewhere it was a lot more fun for me to say something like:

"alright boys I'm hitting the gym I'll be back when I'm back so deal with it"

rather than

"Guys sorry I have to go to the LF's mothers for dinner and to help her hook up her tv.  I'll be back asap".

one gets you angry even if I'm the one that suffers the backlash while the other is boring..  I don't mind getting yelled at but don't want a game I mod to be boring.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Yeah, at least this was limited though 

It was limited and fit the theme perfectly..  I wish I had given the town switch role to someone useful..  THAT was a powerful role.

2 hours ago, SMC said:

The problem here though, was PacMod had a brilliant idea, but didn't go all the way to be true to the source material.

For instance, in Temple of Doom, burning a cultist frees them from control of the Kali Ma poison.  In this game, there should have been a torch bearer who would submit a night action to burn someone.  It would only be effective on the cultist only.  Now, the cultist would return to being a townie.  That townie could out the cult leader, but then the cult leader would get another conversion.

Also, for the Ark Kill.  In the movie, closing your eyes prevents it.  So, Indy shouldve had the choice of either self protecting or closing his eyes.  If he closed his eyes, he'd be protected from an Ark Kill but not a bullet.  Conversely, if he self protected, he'd only be able to stop a NK, not an Ark Kill.

another spectrumy response...

exactly how much time do you think I wanted to pour into this piece of sh-t??!?!?

I think it was pretty damn good representation of all 4 movies

again..  I sat down with a pen and piece of paper with no ideas and 2.5 hours later everyone had their role PM's and there was an opening scene.

I think I got as close to the source material as I could without spending a week to map it out.

about 99.9% close..

2 hours ago, Verbal said:

Good observations, actually.  A Cult belonged in this game simply due to Temple flair, but handled the way you described might have made it easier to execute.

I thought of that..  didn't make sense that the cured would be able to rattle of the rest of the cult..

besides if I did that it would have been a FULL cult game which would have ruined many of the other aspects of the roles and characters I wanted to see play out.

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

I didn’t like that my vest got shot through when I gave it to SMC. Like, why give me a vest?

I didn't like that you posted a total of 7 times all game..  Like, why sign up?

1 hour ago, Pac said:

I think I've modded 5 games..  5 of the best games ever created in North America.

You know how many I've hand picked roles for?  All of them. 

Now you know.

5 games. Every single one I get vanilla with a PR to earn a vest, all going back to my first time playing with a vest and screwing up.

I was a monkey with a vest. Come on. Lol

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Setup was great. Love that Pac gets creative with setup and mechanics and the nuances of roles. Wish he wouldn’t hand-pick roles for players, but at least now I remember he does that.

Great game - even if I played like crap - it was fun. Thanks Pac!

where did you come up with the "panda ear-*******" thing... lol

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Biggest takeaway for me here is this....and let me start by saying I had the same issue in  my Wizard of Oz game...”should mod tweek rules in game?” Bc I wanted to in my Oz game at one point but didn’t, bc Kaylee got all uppity that i’d be bastard modding. Although it wouldn’t have even mattered in my game, I truly do believe the mod has that power and should use it, if it’s just a tweek that enhances the overall game fairly. DPR who I think it one of the best mods does it a lot in his games, usually for the better. BUT Pac made a mistake in this one and should have let it ride. Conclusion: a tweek is NOT bastard modding but you have to be smart about it. That’s my hot take

I wasn't smart because I didn't update the QT - I'll give you that.

But the mistake would have been making SMC unkillable and unrecruitable..  may as well have just made SMC mod confirmed unkillable/unrecruitable in thread.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

5 games. Every single one I get vanilla with a PR to earn a vest, all going back to my first time playing with a vest and screwing up.

I was a monkey with a vest. Come on. Lol

I like when you're town and are around a while... it's a compliment.

not many can pull off what I ask you to pull off..  it's funny.

58 minutes ago, Pac said:

whoa whoa whoa.. You literally PM'd me last week and said you were joking and I said I obviously was as well. 

Theeeen I literally PM'd you when you got killed to apologize for your bad luck and you told me in that PM that I "ended your mafia career and congrats"...

then you proceeded to go on a 4 day bash fast in the SK that stopped being funny and started being weird.  Crusher saw the same thing which is why he admonished you.

I'm glad I resisted going postal because I thought there was still a chance you were kidding but you fooled me..  and for that I say congrats.

glad you were kidding tho cause that would have been weird.

I only laid it on thick because you were responding like I was serious.  Yes, I think this game was stupid and how I died was the dumbest sh*t ever in mafia history (outside of being mod killed for Bowie gifs and jokes) but I wasnt seriously attacking you.  Why would I PM you and literally tell you the QT stuff was strictly for everyone's after game enjoyment?  That's what Crush and I do.  Once you killed me the way you did, we PM'd each other, called you an idiot and decided to go hard at you.  I took it too far, admittedly but still, I figured how crazy the rants were would have been obvious they were jokes. Clearly they werent since you and Crush thought I was serious but yes, it was all trolling your stupid game. You dipsh*t. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I only laid it on thick because you were responding like I was serious.  Yes, I think this game was stupid and how I died was the dumbest sh*t ever in mafia history (outside of being mod killed for Bowie gifs and jokes) but I wasnt seriously attacking you.  Why would I PM you and literally tell you the QT stuff was strictly for everyone's after game enjoyment?  That's what Crush and I do.  Once you killed me the way you did, we PM'd each other, called you an idiot and decided to go hard at you.  I took it too far, admittedly but still, I figured how crazy the rants were would have been obvious they were jokes. Clearly they werent since you and Crush thought I was serious but yes, it was all trolling your stupid game. You dipsh*t. 

had you said that in the final PM then I wouldn't have thought anything of it...  that's not what you said though.

anyhow glad it was just an andy kauffman performance..  I legit thought you were losing your mind.

the way you died was not dumb..  JC's role was one of my favorites, if not the favorite, and he was good enough of a player to use it on you.

he sucked casing everyone else but he did catch you.. 

53 minutes ago, Pac said:

See this is why I love and hate you..  your stubborn, monotone replies are indicative of someone on the spectrum.

I unilaterally reject everything you say here.

There was no mid game change of anything...  there was NEXT DAY change which was made before there were 10 posts in the game.

I sat down with a piece of paper and created roles, abilities, and balance in like 45 minutes..  Then I spent an hour and a half writing role descriptions and sending out PM's...

It was almost 2 AM on a work night so I was too tired to do a self review.  The next morning I did the self review and realized that making you immune to that was too much..   You weren't going to get lynched, you could hand out a whip (aka Vig shot) which is conveniently being left out of the conversation, you were unrecruitable, AND you could protect yourself from 99% of shots with the exception of the Ark Ghost.  Also making you immune to the AG would have perhaps made you the most powerful character ever created in mafia LOL.. 

again..  I know what I did, why I did it, and it was the right thing to do.

I missed that SMC was unrecruitable.

That makes me feel slightly better about the Ark kill.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

had you said that in the final PM then I wouldn't have thought anything of it...  that's not what you said though.

anyhow glad it was just an andy kauffman performance..  I legit thought you were losing your mind.

the way you died was not dumb..  JC's role was one of my favorites, if not the favorite, and he was good enough of a player to use it on you.

@Jetscode1 Town's only MVP this game, honorable mention Spoot for helping decode

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

It was the dumbest sh*t ever.  Seriously.  And anyone who had to do what I had to do, to die like that, would have been equally as annoyed.  Just have the poison kill me.  Have a percentage on it.  Do a coin toss.  Guess my favorite color?  so gay.  

Me telling you to GFY and i'm quitting mafia made you think I was suddenly serious?  lol  Like that's not an every day thing.  Crusher and I quit mafia strictly for the make up sex. 

4 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I missed that SMC was unrecruitable.

That makes me feel slightly better about the Ark kill.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to make you more comfortable.

And that's all besides the fact that we never stood a chance and this game was a total waste of our time.  Putting us together had the most predictable ending ever.  Nobody figured it out on game play.  They figured out we were the SK team by putting 2 and 2 together that you're an idiot.

Fact.

50 minutes ago, Pac said:

These posts are too stupid to respond to but I'll be interested to see if Crush wants to...

I'm sure he won't mind at all that you 2 are suggesting that he willfully participated in cheating lol.

Let me rephrase and make myself clear.

I don't believe for a second you or Crush would purposely or knowingly cheat.

I believe in the spirit of the game and the honor system we all abide by.

But as someone who has modded plenty of games myself I know how you can start to root for one faction or player while the game is ongoing.

All I am trying to say is maybe you said something by accident that tipped Crusher off that he should use the Ark kill and/or he should target SMC. Again, I'm not saying you would do it on purpose and I'm not faulting you if that's what happened because hey sh*t happens but it would have been nice to look over the thread myself just to see and know what was said instead of being told second hand. 

Just now, JiF said:

It was the dumbest sh*t ever.  Seriously.  And anyone who had to do what I had to do, to die like that, would have been equally as annoyed.  Just have the poison kill me.  Guess my favorite color?  so gay

Me telling you to GFY and i'm quitting mafia made you think I was suddenly serious?  lol  Like that's not an every day thing.  Crusher and I quit mafia strictly for the make up sex. 

saying it had to do something with my favorite color is funny but not true..

you want to know the truth? 

After I wrote the role I said "oh yeah I gotta pick 2 colors"... "what colors should I pick..  hmm..  meh green and blue"..  "which one should be which..  hmm..  well people usually associate green with good in mafia so I'll make that the bad color..  maybe the person that sees the 2 choices will figure that out"... 

total thought time given... approx 24 seconds.

Crush had a theory of why I chose blue which I never said was right..  All I said was that had you let him chime in you would have gotten to the right answer.

that's the truth.

N1 about the signals paraphrased from the QT:

JIF  Who is my turd partner that doesnt know how to signal?

DR FAT Sorry boopsies, I changed my avatar to signal to you! With the wave.

JIF Wow, I shouldve known, didnt think outside the box! I even commented about it on main forum. How did you know it was me?

DR FAT I knew immediately because you are you. 

Just now, Nolder said:

Let me rephrase and make myself clear.

I don't believe for a second you or Crush would purposely or knowingly cheat.

I believe in the spirit of the game and the honor system we all abide by.

But as someone who has modded plenty of games myself I know how you can start to root for one faction or player while the game is ongoing.

All I am trying to say is maybe you said something by accident that tipped Crusher off that he should use the Ark kill and/or he should target SMC. Again, I'm not saying you would do it on purpose and I'm not faulting you if that's what happened because hey sh*t happens but it would have been nice to look over the thread myself just to see and know what was said instead of being told second hand. 

I said, and I quote (which Peck can verify),

"I can't tell you how to play but I see a path to victory".

Literally, this was the thought process that went through Gata or SMC or who's ever head when putting 2 and 2 together: 

Pac is an idiot and he's modding this game.  He's an egocentric twat that would totally pair people together for his amusement.  Me and the only other girl are on a team???? Hmmm.

OMG - Crusher and JiF are totally gay for each other. 

BINGO!!!!

They're the SK team. 

1 minute ago, deckerfan said:

JIF Wow, I shouldve known, didnt think outside the box! I even commented about it on main forum. How did you know it was me?

******* true love right there.  That sexy muffin top knows me better than me. 

and despite that had Crush simply shot CTM last night you may have won..

every faction had a chance to win through the final day..

that's balance.

I wanted to scream for Crush to shoot CTM again but he shot Gata..  he must have thought she was converted.

2 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

Can you paraphrase the whole chat please?

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

saying it had to do something with my favorite color is funny but not true..

you want to know the truth? 

After I wrote the role I said "oh yeah I gotta pick 2 colors"... "what colors should I pick..  hmm..  meh green and blue"..  "which one should be which..  hmm..  well people usually associate green with good in mafia so I'll make that the bad color..  maybe the person that sees the 2 choices will figure that out"... 

total thought time given... approx 24 seconds.

Crush had a theory of why I chose blue which I never said was right..  All I said was that had you let him chime in you would have gotten to the right answer.

that's the truth.

Image result for gay gif

Just now, Pac said:

and despite that had Crush simply shot CTM last night you may have won..

every faction had a chance to win through the final day..

that's balance.

LITERALLY ^^^ I WAS TELLING THEM TO SHOOT ANYONE ELSE BUT THE PPL TRYING TO SOLVE THE GAME 

SPOOT /GATA

Archived