Indiana Jones Mafia - False Idols

Pac

3 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

To me the game became completely broken when Ape was the monkey and then it was obvious Pac matched up obvious characters with players or in other words hacked his own game  town really blew it so obvious 

Poor casting choices like oh say, Cameron Diaz in Gangs of New York...mmm

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JiF said:

You gave me a safe claim, that you then gave it to Crusher, so I dont even know what this means.

And any tweak you think you applied to make the game more challenging or eliminate weak game play behaviors, was immediately washed out by pairing obvious couples together that were figured out because of nothing that had to do with game play.  They didnt have to look at game play and go back and actually look for our signals.  They knew you put certain pairings together and assigned specific characters with specific intent.  And you announced to the game it was a team in my death scene.  No sh*t it was Crusher.  

Like dude, how are you not seeing this?  Or you know this and you dont care and now you're just trolling me? 

1 person called you out as the team, a couple people said "yeahhh" many of which were cult, then no one did dick about it.

your team could have won had you shot CTM last night.

Like you said..  you stopped reading.

Just now, Lizard King said:

To me the game became completely broken when Ape was the monkey and then it was obvious Pac matched up obvious characters with players or in other words hacked his own game  town really blew it so obvious 

Says the guy who completely phoned in his performance and clearly didn't want to be there.

Your joke about being more helpful to Town by saying nothing was quite funny, though.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

1 person called you out as the team, a couple people said "yeahhh" many of which were cult, then no one did dick about it.

your team could have won had you shot CTM last night.

Like you said..  you stopped reading.

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, Pac said:

Nolder had you but everyone too concerned with figuring out Ape V DPR lol..

even Indiana Jones himself declared that one of them must die that day..   which obviously set up the other dying the next day.

Nolder had me as CL or SK based on me “hiding” which was while I was Town who didn’t sign up for your game in the first place. He gets half a point 

6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Nolder had me as CL or SK based on me “hiding” which was while I was Town who didn’t sign up for your game in the first place. He gets half a point 

whether or not you wanted to play had no impact on my decision to include you.  goes for future games as well.

again..  consider it a compliment.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

lmfao what a stubborn putz. 

I accept your apology..  water under the bridge.

next time just include a dancing banana or something in one of your rants to signal you're still sane.

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

LK nailed CTM, mentioned it and it got completely disregarded 

...too busy listening to Spoots fantastical theories about the movie ?

No one was going to listen to LK, and for good reason.

HEY...

I needed to Google for my fantastical theories. I can't believe I had forgotten that Sean Connery was in there. lol

3 hours ago, GATA-Bot said:

Because they think I have no feelings 

It's not just feelings, you are a stickler for the rules and lack a certain nuanced thinking, like a robot would

SMC predated you with paint by numbers mafia, although it seemed to work this time

2 hours ago, Pac said:

ok do this math...

SK's had an Ark Kill that could penetrate any defense but could only use it once.

They had 16 players they could have used it on..

If Spoot visited Crush the night he tried to use it, it wouldn't have worked.

The cop had to be converted because surely if he was around and claimed they would have used it on him..

So what's the math say for the odds SMC was getting shot with it?

Well in a basic sense.. 1/16 ( 18 players, 2 SK)

however, it was never going to be used on a regular townie so cop or doc was the most likely options.. 50/50

on the con side Crusher could've died before using it

in either event it's nowhere near 99.9% chance no.

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

however, it was never going to be used on a regular townie so cop or doc was the most likely options.. 50/50

Or CL..

but again, that's why there were no role reveals.  only hinting.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

and despite that had Crush simply shot CTM last night you may have won..

every faction had a chance to win through the final day..

that's balance.

I wanted to scream for Crush to shoot CTM again but he shot Gata..  he must have thought she was converted.

UH, you said in my death scene i survived "this time" .. but not in apes.  

that would be the only mod complaint I have. Rigging the game for fat man

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

I liked the part where everybody knew Crusher was obv last SK and then kept him alive for two more days. 

I was trying to have end game be me, crusher, you and brick... 

1 hour ago, GATA-Bot said:

Yes but the town sucked as a whole they were just better than the others and DPR for calling CTM from the get

You do realize DPR shot ape despite "knowing " I was CL?

19 minutes ago, CTM said:

It's not just feelings, you are a stickler for the rules and lack a certain nuanced thinking, like a robot would

SMC predated you with paint by numbers mafia, although it seemed to work this time

People complain about "paint by numbers mafia" but, guess what, it worked again!  In fact, it has essentially worked in every game I've played it.

It's like Money Ball, but for mafia.  Embrace it.

5 minutes ago, SMC said:

I still can't comprehend that.  Why, DPR?  Why???????????

Ape is kind of obnoxious. The fact that the two blowhards off'd each other which lead directly to a cult perfect game is pretty funny

30 minutes ago, CTM said:

Ape is kind of obnoxious. The fact that the two blowhards off'd each other which lead directly to a cult perfect game is pretty funny

It was like a HOF CB crashing into a HOF S, allowing a 4th-string WR to waltz into the end zone for a TD

1 hour ago, CTM said:

We can't all be hippies. 

3 hours ago, GATA-Bot said:

Can you paraphrase the whole chat please?

ok i trys! later tonite i briefly summarize rest of game related convos i recall. wont be much thocuz pacjif exchange took up 2/3 of 200 msgs!

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Come on, I had some good jokes in there too.  

My Bills stuff for choosing Blue over Green, was absolutely brilliant. 

true

but that was why it got deleted so i didnt mention =P

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Cups = pick my favorite color, green or blue

5 hours ago, Pac said:

for your education.... 

FWIW...I thought this role was absolutely brilliant!  It was hard to choose who to give it to.  I had it down between JiF, Crusher and CTM so I thought I did my best.  With that said, even though I was tracking anti-town I could not guarantee scum death.  In fact, if you had chose wisely you would have earned a vest which could have ultimately hurt town.

@JiF, if you watch this clip and I did before I chose who to give it to, you can see the first guy (who chose poorly) take the cup with GREEN emeralds surrounding the cup.  So, the truth was in the source material but you chose not or failed to notice that.

All considered, I greatly appreciate the effort @Pac put into tailoring the roles.  Even though I thought I had obviously sent the clues needed to tell town that I was responsible for JiFs death, many still thought I was dirty until I flipped.  I'll admit to jumping around with votes but ultimately my continued attempt to prove my towniness led to the cult to killing me to eliminate a PR.   

5 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

@JiF, if you watch this clip and I did before I chose who to give it to, you can see the first guy (who chose poorly) take the cup with GREEN emeralds surrounding the cup.  So, the truth was in the source material but you chose not or failed to notice that.

After you gave JIF the cup, Pac told JIF that it was “truly a 50/50 shot” and that “nothing on Google will help you”

5 hours ago, HessStation said:

Oh yeah the two guys that broke the game open for a cult win, tunnel visioned on DPR. ?

I agree with this.  I ****ed up.  My Day 3 votes defaulted back to my day 2 reads as I watched DPR plop a vote on me.  I wanted to see how the rest of the field responded (cast a wider net).  I thought he was scum who knew I had offered a choice to his scum mate.  What really hurt us was my inability to see how my flip-flopping influenced the town perception of my alignment.  I was just so confident after finding and killing scum on a bit of luck I hurt the town considerably.

5 hours ago, Pac said:

ah..  I guess I should have shown you a picture of a plain cup and a bedazzled one and told you to choose.. that wouldn't have been too obvious considering you've seen the movie 100 times.

Again, in the scene the dude who died thinking he found the right cup was wrong.  The cup he chose was bedazzled with GREEN emeralds.  JiF could have noticed that but he chose poorly.   

12 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

After you gave JIF the cup, Pac told JIF that it was “truly a 50/50 shot” and that “nothing on Google will help you”

Well.  That's what he gets for trusting Pac.  He should have known better.  lol

Archived