Indiana Jones Mafia - False Idols

Pac

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

That's all I have to comment on.

GG Cult, glad town lost **** those guys. 

Would have preferred a SK win but oh well.

I love you Nolder I think I'll eventually learn to read you. I think I got a better grasp at what you were saying by the end of the game

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic game, PacMod.  Great set up and a lot of fun playing it.  Congrats, CTM, Hess and Stark.  You played it real clean.

Nolder, you're not wrong.  I'm not pissed because I had a blind spot for CTM and thought he was Brody, but PacMod literally changed the rules during the game.

Look at the SMC Dead Thread.  It originally states that the Ark Kill cannot work on Indiana Jones if he self protects.  Nolder, as you pointed out, I self protected and was given multiple vests.

In fact, my on-thread night actions were taken to coax a shot out of Crusher, knowing I was protected.

However, PacMod changed the rules during the game and allowed me to be killed by the Ark Kill regardless what was done.  Note, PacMod out of the blue and during the game created the strongest weapon in Mafia history.  Never before had a weapon been impossible to stop.

2 minutes ago, GATA-Bot said:

I love you Nolder I think I'll eventually learn to read you. I think I got a better grasp at what you were saying by the end of the game

KK, there's always another game. Hope we do better next time.

Unless we're on opposite teams then you can GFY. ?

7 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Also, I don't want to make waves and insult Pac's integrity but I do find it convenient that the SK thread is deleted.

How can I be sure Pac didn't inadvertently hint to Crusher to use his power since it was clearly what he wanted to happen?

Just seems like a weird coincidence Crusher is apparently emoing, Pac wants him to use his power on SMC, then next thing you know that's what happens.

I mean, if Pac said or did something that tipped Crusher off it's whatever because I'm sure he didn't mean to do it intentionally if it happened.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see the SK thread to see exactly what was said just to confirm one way or another. 

Nolder, you make a good point here.

Crusher, come clean--Did PacMod mention to you in any way to use the Ark Ghost Kill that night you used it?

PacMod has deleted for SK thread for no reason, so this is highly suspicious.

2 minutes ago, SMC said:

Fantastic game, PacMod.  Great set up and a lot of fun playing it.  Congrats, CTM, Hess and Stark.  You played it real clean.

Nolder, you're not wrong.  I'm not pissed because I had a blind spot for CTM and thought he was Brody, but PacMod literally changed the rules during the game.

Look at the SMC Dead Thread.  It originally states that the Ark Kill cannot work on Indiana Jones if he self protects.  Nolder, as you pointed out, I self protected and was given multiple vests.

In fact, my on-thread night actions were taken to coax a shot out of Crusher, knowing I was protected.

However, PacMod changed the rules during the game and allowed me to be killed by the Ark Kill regardless what was done.  Note, PacMod out of the blue and during the game created the strongest weapon in Mafia history.  Never before had a weapon been impossible to stop.

Well he said he changed the rules before it happened and just forgot to update the QT.

I believe that since I've done similar things.

I don't blame you for calling him out on it though. It said what it said and you would expect it to work the way it was stated not the way he forgot to change it to.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Setup was great. Love that Pac gets creative with setup and mechanics and the nuances of roles. Wish he wouldn’t hand-pick roles for players, but at least now I remember he does that.

Great game - even if I played like crap - it was fun. Thanks Pac!

What's crazy, Ape is that you usually go after CTM and the one game you don't, he's scum!

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Well he said he changed the rules before it happened and just forgot to update the QT.

I believe that since I've done similar things.

I don't blame you for calling him out on it though. It said what it said and you would expect it to work the way it was stated not the way he forgot to change it to.

And the role PM PacMod sent me said that when I self-protect it is 99.9 effective, which is simply not true if the Ark Kill has 100% effective rate.

13 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Wait...it actually said 99.9? LOL

Yep, LOL.

That's like giving a cop a bullet proof vest, telling him it is 99.9 % effective, but then ordering him to pursue a criminal armed with armor piercing bullets.

Just now, SMC said:

Yep, LOL.

That's like giving a cop a bullet proof vest, telling him it is 99.9 % effective, but then ordering him to pursue a criminal armed with armor piercing bullets.

That's a good way of putting it.

6 minutes ago, SMC said:

Yep, LOL.

to be fair, math isn't exactly pacs wheelhouse

@Nolder is spot on. Cult belonged in this game as much as aliens belonged in the most recent Indiana Jones travesty. 

Pac sucks, and his obsession with forcing cult into games has made him a shadow of his former self as a mod.  Very disappointing. 

Cult sucks.  No one likes cult games.  Ever.  And especially not in games where it doesn't even fit the theme. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Nolder is spot on. Cult belonged in this game as much as aliens belonged in the most recent Indiana Jones travesty. 

Pac sucks, and his obsession with forcing cult into games has made him a shadow of his former self as a mod.  Very disappointing. 

Cult sucks.  No one likes cult games.  Ever.  And especially not in games where it doesn't even fit the theme. 

Yeah, at least this was limited though 

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The problem here though, was PacMod had a brilliant idea, but didn't go all the way to be true to the source material.

For instance, in Temple of Doom, burning a cultist frees them from control of the Kali Ma poison.  In this game, there should have been a torch bearer who would submit a night action to burn someone.  It would only be effective on the cultist only.  Now, the cultist would return to being a townie.  That townie could out the cult leader, but then the cult leader would get another conversion.

Also, for the Ark Kill.  In the movie, closing your eyes prevents it.  So, Indy shouldve had the choice of either self protecting or closing his eyes.  If he closed his eyes, he'd be protected from an Ark Kill but not a bullet.  Conversely, if he self protected, he'd only be able to stop a NK, not an Ark Kill.

15 minutes ago, SMC said:

The problem here though, was PacMod had a brilliant idea, but didn't go all the way to be true to the source material.

For instance, in Temple of Doom, burning a cultist frees them from control of the Kali Ma poison.  In this game, there should have been a torch bearer who would submit a night action to burn someone.  It would only be effective on the cultist only.  Now, the cultist would return to being a townie.  That townie could out the cult leader, but then the cult leader would get another conversion.

Also, for the Ark Kill.  In the movie, closing your eyes prevents it.  So, Indy shouldve had the choice of either self protecting or closing his eyes.  If he closed his eyes, he'd be protected from an Ark Kill but not a bullet.  Conversely, if he self protected, he'd only be able to stop a NK, not an Ark Kill.

Good observations, actually.  A Cult belonged in this game simply due to Temple flair, but handled the way you described might have made it easier to execute.

17 minutes ago, SMC said:

You're so much better as scum because you don't have to think things out at the end and botch it for side.

I have always been a better scum player for sure, I did catch jif tho this game and you lead us to crusher 

I wanted to claim sk at the end for fun

23 minutes ago, SMC said:

I did like this idea for Indy's role but, ya know, hindsight and all that.

Biggest takeaway for me here is this....and let me start by saying I had the same issue in  my Wizard of Oz game...”should mod tweek rules in game?” Bc I wanted to in my Oz game at one point but didn’t, bc Kaylee got all uppity that i’d be bastard modding. Although it wouldn’t have even mattered in my game, I truly do believe the mod has that power and should use it, if it’s just a tweek that enhances the overall game fairly. DPR who I think it one of the best mods does it a lot in his games, usually for the better. BUT Pac made a mistake in this one and should have let it ride. Conclusion: a tweek is NOT bastard modding but you have to be smart about it. That’s my hot take

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Yep, LOL.

SK team was concerned kill on u wouldn’t go thru cos the one exception thing. Dr Fat literally went “ark kill failed” immediatelyafter pac wrote action received lol

what i rememberit went sommething like this w paraphrase =P

DR FAT - gee thanks Pac SMC broke the game cuz u lame setup

PAC game not over it anyones game

DR FAT - situation sucks, game sucks

PAC game not over it anyones game

DR FAT - just bring me to dead thread now with my friends

(game sucks pac sucks team comments x 50)

DR FAT forget it, OFFICIAL ARK KILL

DR FAT man that feel good. oh well. no more shot till day 5 right?

PAC action received

DR FAT ark kill failed

PAC ark kill succeeded

DR FAT NVM this games cool

2 hours ago, SMC said:

What's crazy, Ape is that you usually go after CTM and the one game you don't, he's scum!

I’ve changed how I play. I’m more often to watch him for a bit, before jumping. It’s allowed me to learn his tendencies and be more accurate.

when I was submitting my poison request, I contemplated CTM (hit a tell), DPR (he pushed bad logic and false meta on me), or Hess (can’t read him).

like I said, I could have played much better. I saw the game well, but my tactics were trash

so glad you played!

50 minutes ago, CTM said:

I have always been a better scum player for sure, I did catch jif tho this game and you lead us to crusher 

I wanted to claim sk at the end for fun

Hi... I did but SMC drove it home

Thanks for saying it was a good game (even the ones critiquing it).  It was fun but ******* time consuming!

Now I have to go through and yell at all the people questioning my decisions cause that's what I do.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Setup was great. Love that Pac gets creative with setup and mechanics and the nuances of roles. Wish he wouldn’t hand-pick roles for players, but at least now I remember he does that.

Great game - even if I played like crap - it was fun. Thanks Pac!

I think I've modded 5 games..  5 of the best games ever created in North America.

You know how many I've hand picked roles for?  All of them. 

Now you know.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I literally PM'd you and told you I was joking just to make the QT a funny read for after the game and you took it dead serious.  Go figure.  So i just hammed it up even more for the lulz and you still got uber defensive.  So insecure...

whoa whoa whoa.. You literally PM'd me last week and said you were joking and I said I obviously was as well. 

Theeeen I literally PM'd you when you got killed to apologize for your bad luck and you told me in that PM that I "ended your mafia career and congrats"...

then you proceeded to go on a 4 day bash fast in the SK that stopped being funny and started being weird.  Crusher saw the same thing which is why he admonished you.

I'm glad I resisted going postal because I thought there was still a chance you were kidding but you fooled me..  and for that I say congrats.

glad you were kidding tho cause that would have been weird.

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

I think I've modded 5 games..  5 of the best games ever created in North America.

You know how many I've hand picked roles for?  All of them. 

Now you know.

just looked it up six other came up maybe miss other idk

Scarface Mafia - The World is Yours 

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/97790-scarface-mafia-the-world-is-yours/

Lost Boys Mafia - The Undead Live

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/102526-lost-boys-mafia-the-undead-live/

Karate Kid Mafia - Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/109614-karate-kid-mafia-strike-first-strike-hard-no-mercy/

Movie Madness Mafia - Good vs Evil

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/115103-movie-madness-mafia-good-vs-evil/

Movie Madness 2 - Confusing Counterparts 

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/130019-movie-madness-2-confusing-counterparts/

Fight Club Mafia - May your ass be kicked

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/105874-fight-club-mafia-may-your-ass-be-kicked/

4 hours ago, Nolder said:

Like Ape being the monkey was kind of obvious in hind sight I should have remembered that Pac likes to tailor his roles (Did you give me the black guy instead of Hess because we found out he's not actually black recently?)

I think you are the only person who ever thought Hess was black.

I think encouraging the Masons to kill each other was really unique but it's also a negative utility on town so I'm not really sure that was necessary. Also I had a traitorous mason role once on DM a long time ago (I was Pikachu ironically enough) and I betrayed my partner to gain power and become scum. I felt bad afterwards. Being town and given the option to betray your team willingly is kind of ****ed up so while I think those types of roles are unique and interesting I don't think I'd use it unless I thought it fit very well with the theme.

Yes but the benefit they would have received had they done it would have offset the negative aspect and then some.  A vest and an investigation (which is what giving them SMC's role would have been) is greater than being able to vet 1 player..  at least in my opinion.

I was hoping one of them would do it but it worked if they didn't. 

Also @GATA-Bothas said a couple times that I made them lovers..  not the role lovers but like their characters were lovers LOL..  that's news to me although I'm pissed I didn't.  Would have made those role PM's more fun to write.

So, the elephant in the room, the cult. WHY IN GODS NAME DID YOU MAKE A CULT?? Yes I know what you're going to say. Ohhh it's only a pseudo cult they stopped recruiting! Well GFY we lost the cop because of that and while I don't normally think townies should rely on their roles this was a game we could have reeeeaaaaalllllllllyyyyy used a town cop.

It was a psuedo cult that had 2 recruits and I FORCED them to do it within 2 days so as not to mess up mid to late game play.  It's not my fault you didn't read the scenes which were making everything crystal ******* clear as to what was going on.  Town had every chance in the world to win this game even after a string of horrific play.  Your pouting didn't help.

But yeah overall awesome game game @Pac thank you for modding it and thanks to Pecker for helping out too.

thanks..  appreciate your full review even if I disagree with parts.

4 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

It's like going down a list of Spielberg movies...

Lost Boys was fun.

Archived