Indiana Jones Mafia - False Idols

Pac

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, GATA-Bot said:

Stark was town cop till D3 helped us find 0 but I get a tribute for lost town amazing. 

If Crush wouldn’t have killed me I would have gone all out to get your leader lynched 

Vengeance will be mine.

GG

I only got to investigate N1 I got converted on N2 and my investigation didn’t go through. I kept saying dpr was town to me and I didn’t see him has scum. I was pisses on got converted at first I wanted to stay cop

At that point in the game you were a bit schizophrenic. You got it together - and yes, I was trying to get you lynched when you were a voting tornado 

good game Gata 

Ok. So I finally remembered Willy Wonka after looking at it. It was only 35 pages and short on purpose during Christmas. I had to reread it a bit to finally remember it all. I was seriously stressed about that. Was thinking early stages of dementia.. @Nolder you actually played in that one too lol. 

1 hour ago, Stark said:

I only got to investigate N1 I got converted on N2 and my investigation didn’t go through. I kept saying dpr was town to me and I didn’t see him has scum. I was pisses on got converted at first I wanted to stay cop

At that point in the game you were a bit schizophrenic. You got it together - and yes, I was trying to get you lynched when you were a voting tornado 

good game Gata 

That was the most fun for me, working  to get DPR lynched knowing he was almost certainly town thanks to your INV. 

Gg @Pac   Great setup and thanks for modding!

6 hours ago, Pac said:

This was one of the best set ups to read. I think what’s unfortunate is the cult layer that everyone bitches about and making the roles a little too easy to figure out but the actual set up and roles to this were really good for a change of pace game. The game was basically the movie equivalent to gangs of New York.... Some things are so good but also so bad

Setup was great. Love that Pac gets creative with setup and mechanics and the nuances of roles. Wish he wouldn’t hand-pick roles for players, but at least now I remember he does that.

Great game - even if I played like crap - it was fun. Thanks Pac!

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Ok. So I finally remembered Willy Wonka after looking at it. It was only 35 pages and short on purpose during Christmas. I had to reread it a bit to finally remember it all. I was seriously stressed about that. Was thinking early stages of dementia.. @Nolder you actually played in that one too lol. 

LOL see what I mean? I don't remember it. I probably would if I looked it up and read a bit of it though.

Stark
08-01-2018
12:16 PM ET (US)
tell me your thoughts, like if I am just seeing things that aren't there ... in order
JC
Spoot - started all the DPR garbage then kind of slowly backed out.

Crush - ape jumping was gross after the defending

Brick - went from not playing like brick, out making posts, to dead quiet
Nolder - still not a fan of his actions around Lee's death

WHAT THE **** MAN!? YOU WEREN'T EVEN TOWN!!!

LIKE SERIOUSLY GFY!!!

7 hours ago, Pac said:

and SK chat has been deleted so couldn't access it if I wanted...  it's just a bunch of sh-t.  We can rehash the argument here  or forget about it.  Whatever.

I literally PM'd you and told you I was joking just to make the QT a funny read for after the game and you took it dead serious.  Go figure.  So i just hammed it up even more for the lulz and you still got uber defensive.  So insecure...

So, before I dive into dead thread comments let's talk about the setup.

First of all theme 10/10 Pac put a lot of effort into the scenes and if I cared about things like hints those were probably well placed, hard but not impossible to figure out. And who doesn't like Indiana Jones? My favorite part about this game is that it incorporated characters and story from all the Indy movies. Even that fag Mutt for the movie that sucked showed up. And it wasn't just characters you'd expect. Like Ape being the monkey was kind of obvious in hind sight I should have remembered that Pac likes to tailor his roles (Did you give me the black guy instead of Hess because we found out he's not actually black recently?) but I would have never expected the "I love you" girl. It's stuff like that that can elevate a good game to a great game and Pac always delivers on that front so good job there.

Balance was all around good. IMHO I think the cult shouldn't have been able to kill, I think the amount of possible death was excessive but I know Pac likes to pack his games with vigs and SKs and sh*t so that's kind of par the course. I saw SMC complain about the super shot Ark and how it should have killed it's user. MAYBE that would have been better thematically but balance wise I think it's better that it was just a strong kill like Pac had it. I think encouraging the Masons to kill each other was really unique but it's also a negative utility on town so I'm not really sure that was necessary. Also I had a traitorous mason role once on DM a long time ago (I was Pikachu ironically enough) and I betrayed my partner to gain power and become scum. I felt bad afterwards. Being town and given the option to betray your team willingly is kind of ****ed up so while I think those types of roles are unique and interesting I don't think I'd use it unless I thought it fit very well with the theme.

So, the elephant in the room, the cult. WHY IN GODS NAME DID YOU MAKE A CULT?? Yes I know what you're going to say. Ohhh it's only a pseudo cult they stopped recruiting! Well GFY we lost the cop because of that and while I don't normally think townies should rely on their roles this was a game we could have reeeeaaaaalllllllllyyyyy used a town cop. Where I think you ****ed up is not giving us another investigative role in the game. Probably JCs role should have been like a Watcher or something because his role was kind of ****ed up. Even if he knew 100% someone was town and 100% someone was scum...it didn't really matter who he offered the cups to it was completely random whether his role hurt town or helped town depending on who he offered it to and what they chose. Even a 1x Watcher would have been better imho. Oh one more thing, I think it was a little ****ed up to make Ape troll people to get his rewards as funny as that is. Just sayin. We're all kind of emo bastards around here sometimes and really simple things can set us off and IDK if that contributed to whatever happened with Jif but maybe it did you know? 

Look I'm not mad about the cult I'm just disappointed. I never thought you'd stoop to using even a half cult. What would your mother say?

But yeah overall awesome game game @Pac thank you for modding it and thanks to Pecker for helping out too.

PacPerson was signed in when posted
07-29-2018
02:02 AM ET (US)
what the **** is nolder talking about lol? the scene showed it was CLEARLY the work of 2 bad guys. 

he must be drunk.

I just don't trust scenes. It has nothing to do with how obvious they are. It can be a scene like "Crusher rolls over and squishes Lizard King" and I still wouldn't take it for granted that Crusher was actually the one who killed LK. Maybe some might think that's stubborn or stupid but it's how I operate.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I literally PM'd you and told you I was joking just to make the QT a funny read for after the game and you took it dead serious.  Go figure.  So i just hammed it up even more for the lulz and you still got uber defensive.  So insecure...

Oh...so you're not mad and quitting mafia forever until you come out of retirement like a month later for a glorious comeback?

Just now, Nolder said:

Just curious @GATA-Bot @Leroy were either of you planning on betraying the other?

I actually PM'd Pac to ask him if I can tell Lee he offered me that. I wanted to see if I could garner loyalty for it and we would be transparent with ea other. I would rather have an extra positive vote for town. He told me I can't but I figured he gave her that option. 

Just for the record both Ape and Pac were being annoying in the DT.

Pac has that right because he's the mod but I wont call either of what they did "SMCing" because it would be an insult to SMC.

When it turned into a contest between the two of them about who was "SMCing" more was where it went off the ******* rails.

08-01-2018
05:53 PM ET (US)
This is too perfect... LK just gave SMC a vest to..

So SMC is a doc with 2 vests lol..

Meanwhile instead of whining all Crusher has to do to royally **** town is to Ark Ghost kill SMC... I wonder if he'll calm down enough to see it.

I know the Ark was meant to be a strong kill...but I kind of feel like a self protecting doc with two ******* vests being killed is shenanigans.

We both gave SMC our vests at the same time AND he had the foresight to self protect.

IDK...I mean you can argue Crusher had the foresight to hold onto his Ark kill too I guess but...I just...IDK man it felt ****ed up as a player. IDK how SMC or LK felt but I was pretty upset. And like I even sent Pac a PM complaining but I really held back A LOT with what I said. Just felt like I saved my vest for nothing I should have just thrown it on the first shmuck on the list N1 and been done with it.

08-01-2018
09:48 PM ET (US)
crush came to his senses and ark killed SMC...
08-01-2018
06:27 PM ET (US)
Crush still resigned to a loss..

I want so badly to scream ARK GHOST KILL SMC RIGHT THIS SECOND YOU a$$hole!!

Also, I don't want to make waves and insult Pac's integrity but I do find it convenient that the SK thread is deleted.

How can I be sure Pac didn't inadvertently hint to Crusher to use his power since it was clearly what he wanted to happen?

Just seems like a weird coincidence Crusher is apparently emoing, Pac wants him to use his power on SMC, then next thing you know that's what happens.

I mean, if Pac said or did something that tipped Crusher off it's whatever because I'm sure he didn't mean to do it intentionally if it happened.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see the SK thread to see exactly what was said just to confirm one way or another. 

Archived