Watching Chiefs vs Patriots. Friendly reminder Macagnan selected Ardarius Stewart over Kareem Hunt

Jetsbb

12 hours ago, varjet said:

If I am the Johnsons I am asking for assurance and evidence that Mac is going to draft better going forward. 2016 and 2017 drafts were just terrible.  Nathan Shepherd is not looking hot now either.  

Mac is good at trades and FA pickups.  The Jets Scouting Department and Drafting Process is not good.  

Agreed... MAC is a solid backroom GM.   The scouting and talent stuff needs a step up.  Darnold fell in his lap as did Williams.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, southparkcpa said:

Agreed... MAC is a solid backroom GM.   The scouting and talent stuff needs a step up.  Darnold fell in his lap as did Williams. 

And one could still make a case that Vic Beasley should have been the pick for a team that was strong at DT and weak in pass rush. 

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Always love the player fell in his lap nonsense. Yeah because he picked a player others passed on.  But he picked him.  Every player picked by every team who didn't pick 1st fell to them.  Otherwise they wouldn't be available.  

22 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I know that the "Jif evaluation cred" is on the line here, again, all that I ask is that people pump the brakes on "this is who we could have had, because I said so".

Through 6 games , both Darnold and Watson have 9 TDs and 7 Ints. I will not jump up and down on either and booking reservations for Canton. But, Darnold has done it with less time in the league.

My cred isnt on the line at all, my cred has been justified, defended and supported through years of brilliance.  I'm just bringing context to a terrible take.  Watson had a bad game.  It happens each week to QB's.  You say you're not going to jump up and down on either but you just called Watson confused and ordinary because of one bad game when he's been excellent all year otherwise.

I've been one of Sam's biggest defenders.  I take offense to you acting like I've been anything other than a huge advocate.  Yes, I love me was Deshaun Watson and wanted him to be the pick but I love Sam Dabeaston3rdownald.  He's a stud.  We finally got our guy.

But I wont allow Watson misguided Watson hate because man crush.

this is simply a bad thread there is no guarantee with our coaching you can tell me these other players would have succeeded under Bowles. What players have really just blossomed under Bowles? I have prof in Richardson and Wilkerson that players have regressed. So these should have would  maybe threads are a waste until we get a coach that actually has a track record of helping players.

You want to get mad at Mac great get on hm for not investing higher picks for the offense, but for not picking players other teams missed on a few times and are drafted after round three. If that is case get on all 31 other GMs that missed

40 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I know that the "Jif evaluation cred" is on the line here, again, all that I ask is that people pump the brakes on "this is who we could have had, because I said so".

Through 6 games , both Darnold and Watson have 9 TDs and 7 Ints. I will not jump up and down on either and booking reservations for Canton. But, Darnold has done it with less time in the league.

and worse receivers

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Proving how numbers can be deceiving.  He's looked like a completely different player than before, looks lost and not like a winner.  

The Texans are on a 3 game winning streak and play for 1st place in the division this Sunday.  

He looks like the stud he is and everyone knows he is.  All the pregame shows were talking about how he's right back where he left off last season.

He had a bad game.  It happens.  Jared Goff just threw for 50% comp and 0/1, is he lost and not a winner now?

Just now, JiF said:

My cred isnt on the line at all, my cred has been justified, defended and supported through years of brilliance.  I'm just bringing context to a terrible take.  Watson had a bad game.  It happens each week to QB's.  You say you're not going to jump up and down on either but you just called Watson confused and ordinary because of one bad game when he's been excellent all year otherwise.

I've been one of Sam's biggest defenders.  I take offense to you acting like I've been anything other than a huge advocate.  Yes, I love me was Deshaun Watson and wanted him to be the pick but I love Sam Dabeaston3rdownald.  He's a stud.  We finally got our guy.

But I wont allow Watson misguided Watson hate because man crush.

You act like your credibility is on the line. You hate being wrong :).

Watson was confused and very ordinary yesterday. He fumbled the ball 3 times yesterday, losing one.

Yes, he has been pressured this year. His response to that pressure is as a lesser player than what he showed last year. 

You misdirect my comments as "hate". It is not that at all. If you chose to read the words as they are, rather than an indictment of yourself, which you seem to want to knee jerk to, you will see that I am saying "Give players, especially QBs, time to make the judgements".

That is all.

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So he didn't mess up ALL of his first round picks here?  Sweet!

Wow, good job at putting words in my mouth!

All I am saying is he hasn't been as bad as some people think. Has he been great? Absolutely not. Far from it. But despite his missteps, and despite what you'd have people believe, the team actually is heading in the right direction. He deserves as much credit for that as he does blame for misses he's had in the draft.

5 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Vic has 1 sack this yer and 6 tackles 

Understood, but you have to take your shots at taking pass rushers in today's game.  Leonard has been fine, but not drafting anyone who can potentially generate a pass rush has hurt this team more than anything outside of the QB position. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

The Texans are on a 3 game winning streak and play for 1st place in the division this Sunday.  

He looks like the stud he is and everyone knows he is.  All the pregame shows were talking about how he's right back where he left off last season.

He had a bad game.  It happens.  Jared Goff just threw for 50% comp and 0/1, is he lost and not a winner now?

Agreed.  When you consider that the Texans O line is legit bad and they don’t have a running game, it’s pretty respectable what Watson has done.  Put a standard pocket passer in that offense and see what happens, it would be a disaster.  Plus he’s only started 13 games, hasn’t even played a “season” yet.  He’s still essentially playing out his “rookie” year.  

26 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You act like your credibility is on the line. You hate being wrong :).

Watson was confused and very ordinary yesterday. He fumbled the ball 3 times yesterday, losing one.

Yes, he has been pressured this year. His response to that pressure is as a lesser player than what he showed last year. 

You misdirect my comments as "hate". It is not that at all. If you chose to read the words as they are, rather than an indictment of yourself, which you seem to want to knee jerk to, you will see that I am saying "Give players, especially QBs, time to make the judgements".

That is all.

No, I dont.  My cred is well established.

"Yesterday", is not what you originally said.  If you want to change your position now because I shoved facts in your face, that's cool.  No skin off my back...but stop acting like I'm the one worried about being wrong or right.

He's been pressured this year consistently, game in game out.  And yet, he's produced just like he did last year, outside of a bad game yesterday (I provided the #'s) and his team is on a 3 game winning streak. 

I didnt do anything other than quote and correct a stupid comment that I read in this thread.  Just like I would do in any other thread about any other topic.  Not sure why you're trying to make into more.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

No, I dont.  My cred is well established.

"Yesterday", is not what you originally said.  If you want to change your position now because I shoved facts in your face, that's cool.  No skin off my back...but stop acting like I'm the one worried about being wrong or right.

He's been pressured this year consistently, game in game out.  And yet, he's produced just like he did last year, outside of a bad game yesterday (I provided the #'s) and his team is on a 3 game winning streak. 

I didnt do anything other than quote and correct a stupid comment that I read in this thread.  Just like I would do in any other thread about any other topic.  Not sure why you're trying to make into more.

Last year he threw 19 TDs to 8 interceptions. This year, he has thrown 9 TDs to 7 interceptions. But if you want to report that as "producing just like last year", ok.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Giants messed up?  I guess you don't watch the Thursday games?  I get we all like Sam and I much prefer a QB to a RB, but that kid is a one man wrecking crew and I don't even like him.

Barkley is a fantastic talent.  But maybe you are not factoring enough of the problems of drafting a RB that high BEFORE having the QB in place?  It worked for the Rams... but I believe that to be an exception and not the rule.  I hate cliches but the Giants are "putting the cart before the horse."

1)  RBs are volatile.  Fournette is sidelined.  Guice.  Freeman.  David Johnson missed all of last season and still isn't quite right.  Similar with Dalvin.    LeV is holding out wanting to get paid after his rookie contract.

2) The timing is wrong.  Even if the Giants get it right with the QB in the upcoming draft.   They still need to build the OL... and by the time the QB is in year 3 or 4 and ready to compete for a title...  Saquon has 1200 touches, is nearing the end of his rookie deal wanting to get paid and, if they're lucky, has avoided a major injury.

3) If the Giants get it wrong at QB, a RB simply cannot carry a team.  Mitch Albom said it best.  "If the Giants are right about Barkley, and the Jets are right about Darnold... then the Giants are still wrong."

RB should be one of the final pieces... not one of the first.

22 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  When you consider that the Texans O line is legit bad and they don’t have a running game, it’s pretty respectable what Watson has done.  Put a standard pocket passer in that offense and see what happens, it would be a disaster.  Plus he’s only started 13 games, hasn’t even played a “season” yet.  He’s still essentially playing out his “rookie” year.  

He's carrying that offense despite a terrible OLine and an abysmal running game and yet he's 6th in the league in passing yards and averages 12.8 ypc.  2 game winning drives on the 3 game winning streak too but yes, lost and ordinary. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's carrying that offense despite a terrible OLine and an abysmal running game and yet he's 6th in the league in passing yards and averages 12.8 ypc.  2 game winning drives on the 3 game winning streak too but yes, lost and ordinary. 

I am just trying to understand "same production as last year". 

24 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Last year he threw 19 TDs to 8 interceptions. This year, he has thrown 9 TDs to 7 interceptions. But if you want to report that as "producing just like last year", ok.

That's a good call Scott, he has less TD's in less games played this season. ;-)

Nah, he's not throwing as many TD's but throwing 4-5 game isnt really sustainable. However, he's 3-3, just like last year.  He improved his completion % and he's thrown for more yards and he's been sacked 6 more times than last year but yes, lets just look at the one stat to help you prove your case. 

You're not worried about being wrong or anything. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

That's a good call Scott, he has less TD's in less games played this season. ;-)

Nah, he's not throwing as many TD's but throwing 4-5 game isnt really sustainable. However, he's 3-3, just like last year.  He improved his completion % and he's thrown for more yards and he's been sacked 6 more times than last year but yes, let just look at the one stat to help you prove your case. 

Scott makes a good point. Look at the TD/Int ratio last year vs this year. Rather obvious I would think.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Nah, he's not throwing as many TD's but throwing 4-5 game isnt really sustainable. However, he's 3-3, just like last year.  He improved his completion % and he's thrown for more yards and he's been sacked 6 more times than last year but yes, lets just look at the one stat to help you prove your case. 

Jif, he started 6 games last year. As I see it, he has started 6 games this year. He has thrown 13 MORE passes to date this year than last year. ;).

What he did last year IS NOT sustainable, correct. But unknown, is what he really will be. I know where you stand where he will be. But, despite all your pulpit stands, and jumping up and down about it, call me cautious. No offense meant to your prognostication genius.

Not sure how I can be "wrong", as I have not made a real statement, other than he has looked "ordinary" (his stats bear that out to the rest of the league in comparison), and that he "has not produced as well as last year (which is correct).

Carry on.

12 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is what I saw yesterday. His most recent game.

And again, I am not badgering HIM, but badgering pronouncements of early stardom. 

You didnt say yesterday, Scott.  If you said yesterday, we wouldnt be in this conversation, Scott. 

Macc also traded  up to #3 while the price was still nothing but stupid 2nd round picks... and got us Jets fans the QB we've waited a half century for...
San Darnold.

You mean he traded up to a place where he could take all thinking out of the decision? That’s very Macc indeed.

“Superman is on the board. We’ll take him...”

Clap clap clap

“Really hit that one out of the park, Mike”

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You mean he traded up to a place where he could take all thinking out of the decision? That’s very Macc indeed.

“Superman is on the board. We’ll take him...”

Clap clap clap

“Really hit that one out of the park, Mike”

What were the 3 picks that were "no brainers"?

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Jif, he started 6 games last year. As I see it, he has started 6 games this year. He has thrown 13 MORE passes to date this year than last year. ;).

What he did last year IS NOT sustainable, correct. But unknown, is what he really will be. I know where you stand where he will be. But, despite all your pulpit stands, and jumping up and down about it, call me cautious. No offense meant to your prognostication genius.

Not sure how I can be "wrong", as I have not made a real statement, other than he has looked "ordinary" (his stats bear that out to the rest of the league in comparison), and that he "has not produced as well as last year (which is correct).

Carry on.

I havent predicted anything or made any statements about Deshaun Watson.  You did.  I simply responded to your stupid comment about how he's "lost and ordinary".  I've said nothing about his future or made any statements about how great he is.  I've just given you facts that show he's been far from ordinary.  

How does he compare to the rest of the league, Scott? Since it apparently supports your awful take that he's "lost and ordinary".

He's 6th in the league in yards, 5th in YPC, he's 5th 1st down %, 5th in pases over 20 yards, he has no running game, no pass protection (sacked more than anyone in the league), yet his team is 3-3 and he's led 2 game winning drives the only "ordinary" stats he has is that he's tied for 9th in the league with 9 passing TD's .

So, wrong again? 

Just say you misspoke and I'll let you out of the choke hold. 

17 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

To me he HAS looked ordinary this year. His stats prove that out, as he is 20th in QB rating. I already have shown that he is "less productive" than last year.

No we are back to this year and not just one game. 

What's next?  You were really talking about Russell Wilson this whole time? 

Archived