Darnold in a walking boot. Not practicing.

Joe W. Namath

16 minutes ago, nico002 said:

He did play fine against Minnesota. Not sure what you expect.

Mark Sanchez Never showed the instinctual feel for the game that darnold does. He was flat out a lower tier talent. He also is an enigma of a player in the sense that he did enough to probably earn a longer tenure in this leuage than he did... 

So now you're argueing Sam has a better "instinctual feel" then Sanchez"? You're digging deeply. aren't you?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nico002 said:

Sorry but your post is incomprehensible 

Your mothering of darnold is incomprehensible. Dude has stunk, how predictive his short term struggles might be is highly debatable but anyone who thinks this offense wouldn't function better with yoshy is delusional

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

At the risk of this turning into a Thursday session with my therapist, I've tried living my life that way and all life has given me in return is a giant, bloody, turd sandwich to eat with a grin on my face.

This new method im trying is like adding hot sauce to the sandwich for some semblance of flavor.  It doesn't mean that I think it's tasty, it just sucks less.

Sucking less >>> sucking more 

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm being 100% serious here. I don't think the CS, for whatever reason, had absolutely no confidence that he and that team the Jets they put out there could compete that day. It was as close to a NFL team throwing in the towel as I have ever seen. Sam did nothing to prove them wrong. He's looked lost out there against Miami 2x, the home opener was as bad as last Sunday. He hurt us more then he helped with that horrible 1st half. The Vikings and Jags games were also horrible. Lions, Broncos and Colts he was really good. Cleveland, he was like the rest of the Jets. He sat around and watched Baker put on a show, but he did give us a lead late in the 4th with a FG drive, so I'll say he played well that night.

I think you’re underrating the 1st Miami game. He made tons of big throws and if not for Herndon not stetching out an inch brings us back to win. Jags... pretty friggin tough place to play, he didn’t turn it over (did have a dropped pick, but also had some but throws dropped). IMO his worst game has been Cleveland.

An all time Hall of Fame QB who is the exception to the rule,  and a guy who played football in an entirely different era with one of the most loaded teams of all time.
Totally repeatable.

Your right, Peyton is an all time great. Why were his numbers as bad as darnolds when he was a rookie? And he won 3 games that season. Peyton played longer at Tennessee with more experience. Such a great player should of been great in his rookie year. What’s the difference between the two in regards to rookie seasons?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

Your mothering of darnold is incomprehensible. Dude has stunk, how predictive his short term struggles might be is highly debatable but anyone who thinks this offense wouldn't function better with yoshy is delusional

Who gives a rats ass If a 16 year old vet can run the offense better than a 21 year old rookie?

Just now, Mogglez said:

I don't give a flying f*ck what some stupid database that nobody gives a sh*t about says.  Those stupid nerds have been trying to peddle this "analyticz in f00tball" garbage for years.  It doesn't work.  Qbase is f*cking stupid, and I'm saying that as a massive critic of Darnold right now.

If you're gonna respond with that, PFF, and everyother number crunching fraud of a database, don't bother responding.

Go look at the list of qbase winners vs losers then try and spray stupid all over the forum

Re: bolded: if you are intent of being flagrantly innumerate, I wont bother responding. 

Good day

god why did i log back on.... what's more depressing that surviving the geno/hack/petty era?.... Watching this Darnold thing unravel. 

Sadly, Moggs is not totally insane. Pessimistic yes (and who can blame him), but his view isn't grounded in folly. There's a reason why Sam didn't go #1... there's a reason why he wasn't an automatically viewed as a bullet proof Manning/Luck prospect... he had some pretty bad games at USC, and was thoroughly outplayed in games against guys like Rosen and Falk... There is a version of reality where Darnold is Cutler 2.0... 

God help us if that becomes a reality. I'm still hanging on to the belief that it's not. 

Also, I'm high ( b/c canada)

He's going to, likely, miss 2 games.  When you look at current projections, that is factored in now. 

He, likely won't hit the TD totals or come remotely close to the yardage totals Manning did.  

Manning got "better" as the year went on.  Sam has regressed.

Again, more QBs that have totals similar to all of these end up like busts, not an "all timer".

Yeah but like man, it’s week 9, Sam could toalltay finish strong and all the homies will be like, what!!!???

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Who gives a rats ass If a 16 year old vet can run the offense better than a 21 year old rookie?

Well... 

Considering you spam the forum with the complete hopelessness of the nyj qb situation with a fervor that only helen of boy could appreciate I would think you might factor it into your take 

So how do you factor in regression, which you conveniently glided over.

He just threw 4 picks against the 27th ranked Miami defense.  New England is notoriously good against rookie QBs.  He'll get Buffalo, in Buffalo.  Tennessee has a nasty defense.  Houstons pass rush is going to eat him alive.  Now that we can add all that to the fact that he's playing worse than the start of the year, what can we deduce from that?

Hey man, in week 9 of Manning’s rookie season, he threw 2 picks and was barely 50%.  Relax

13 minutes ago, CTM said:

I wonder how many busts I can quote with similiar stats 

Exactly what I was just going to post. I'm so sick of people excusing every bad game or the ints because "Peyton and Troy did the same." These people never mention all the busts who never bounced back from bad rookie years. I'm not saying Sam's a bust, but so far he's no lock to succeed either.

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

god why did i log back on.... what's more depressing that surviving the geno/hack/petty era?.... Watching this Darnold thing unravel. 

Sadly, Moggs is not totally insane. Pessimistic yes (and who can blame him), but his view isn't grounded in folly. There's a reason why Sam didn't go #1... there's a reason why he wasn't an automatically viewed as a bullet proof Manning/Luck prospect... he had some pretty bad games at USC, and was thoroughly outplayed in games against guys like Rosen and Falk... There is a version of reality where Darnold is Cutler 2.0... 

God help us if that becomes a reality. I'm still hanging on to the belief that it's not. 

Also, I'm high ( b/c canada)

Denver is da bomb!!!

other than it’s cold and there is no ocean and its like food chain mainia  here 

23 minutes ago, CTM said:

This offense is so bad at every single position, I think there is a strong argument that Darnold has pulled off minor miracles making this offense look competent/potent in multiple games.  

1 minute ago, JiF said:

This offense is so bad at every single position, I think there is a strong argument that Darnold has pulled off minor miracles making this offense look competent/potent in multiple games.  

That competent/potent argument is going to be a tough sell, just saying....

You're fast becoming a Minister of Useless Information.

It’s called a comparison. That’s Eli’s rookie stats which are factual and can not be changed. Unlike an opinion, it can not be argued. And you are the minister of the anti sam darnold fan club. You have unrealistic expectations for a rookie QB. Eli has 2 rings and had a crumby rookie year as did Peyton. Why did they have terrible rookie years if they are great?

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

That competent/potent argument is going to be a tough sell, just saying....

Oh because the offense didn’t have a few monster games where Sam was a monster and threw like 3 TDs in a game?

You in Denver bro?  

Exception, not the rule.

I'm saying before we bury the new Qb lets at least look at what he has to work with.  Manning had those two players, the jets have virtually nothing.  Most of this lies totally at the feet of the general manger that 100% knew we were going to be bringing in a young high pick at some point.  He provided zero weapons, invested nothing in the oline other than paying a center that cannot snap the ball at all 6 million and have never valued the Rb position.

Want to look at why the jets have a disaster of an offense?  the 1st finger should not be pointed at the new QB, the oc or even bowles as much as i can't stand him.  It totally falls in the lap of the GM.

Mccagnan should be getting way more heat than he is getting.

3 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

It’s called a comparison. That’s Eli’s rookie stats which are factual and can not be changed. Unlike an opinion, it can not be argued. And you are the minister of the anti sam darnold fan club. You have unrealistic expectations for a rookie QB. Eli has 2 rings and had a crumby rookie year as did Peyton. Why did they have terrible rookie years if they are great?

I don't know, explain it to me.

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, actually, against rational judgement, I am.  Last Sunday was his Sanchez versus the Ravens (2011).  It's the type of game where you learn everything you need to know about a kids chances of "making it".  Everyone will come back to "what about Peyton, Goff, Trubisky, etc.?".  Look it up.  Not one of those guys ever had a game resembling last week on their resumé.

If I'm wrong I'll be pleasantly (and drastically) surprised. 

9 times out 10, QBs that are playing like Sam end up as Deshone Kizer, Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles, Geno Smith, and Mark Sanchez, not Peyton Manning.

I spent enough miserable years ignoring my gut, heart, and everything I knew deep down to be true, defending Mark.  I'm not doing that sh*t all over again.  

Hope wifey has hidden all the knives, guns and ropes.

Archived