Darnold in a walking boot. Not practicing.

Joe W. Namath

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'd like to see what Darnold can do with a completely new coaching staff, GM and $100 of actual NFL players and a fresh draft class around him.

At this point, throwing him back out there with this cast of turds is more likely to ruin him, than anything else. These guys couldn't have handled this situation any worse. If they had kept Bridgewater, Sam would have been able to acclimate without the weight of needing to over-compensate for 10 years of futility. Bridge could have built value, been dealt a couple weeks ago, and McCown could finish the season - or Sam takes over at the halfway point, anything is better than letting him get perpetually pounded, run, run, third and long... force passes to guys who can't get open, can't catch a ball that hits them in the hands... 

Just a mess.

You summed it up perfectly ?

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

You guys suck.

It took you a while, but you're learning. LOL. This isn't L.A., and it isn't a USC-like fan base. It's a NY crowd and we're Jets fans talking Jets football, which isn't for the faint of heart. It's why I was hoping the Jets could've taken Mayfield. I'm no QB guru, and I had no idea who'd be a better QB. I just thought Baker had the personality to deal with NY better then the other 3. We're 8 games into the season and we've already got a few guys throwing in the towel on Sam. Others hope for him to develop, but not win games, because they want the HC and GM fired. Then you've got what I think is the majority, those who believe in Sam, but feel like the Jets aren't giving him a chance to succeed. Unfortunately, the only one I can think of who thinks this is going well so far is @nico002. I hope this all works out for Sam, but as you're seeing, it won't be easy.  

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It took you a while, but you're learning. LOL. This isn't L.A., and it isn't a USC-like fan base. It's a NY crowd and we're Jets fans talking Jets football, which isn't for the faint of heart. It's why I was hoping the Jets could've taken Mayfield. I'm no QB guru, and I had no idea who'd be a better QB, I just thought Baker had the personality to deal with NY better then the other 3. We're 8 games into the season and we've already got a few guys throwing in the towel on Sam. Others hope for him to develop, but not win games, because they want the HC and GM fired. Then you've got what I think is the majority, those who believe in Sam, but feel like the Jets aren't giving him a chance to succeed. Unfortunately, the only one I can think of who thinks this is going well so far is @nico002. I hope this all works out for Sam, but as you're seeing, it won't be easy.  

No ones throwing in the towel. Most rookie QB’s aren’t good, but there’s a scale of bad that Darnold is veering into that’s predictive enough to say he might not be the guy. We got burnt with Sanchez and Geno by ignoring the turnovers and thinking it was weapons, myself included. 

Sam very well may be good. I hope he is, but the Jets need to clean house first and foremost and let the new regime decide where they want to go. They luckily didn’t give up the farm to get Darnold, will have another high pick, and they have money to spend 

41 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Do you think he’d wear the boot if that were the case?

I dont think it’s some type of conspiracy where his ankle is fine and the Jets are making him wear the boot. 

I believe that his ankle is sore, maybe lightly sprained. Medical staff prescribed the boot for now. But boot or not, he can and should be permitted to play through this. The Jets see him struggling, they think McCown can come in and win this game, and him being a young, team player is going along with it. 

If McCown plays well and the Jets win big, who knows what Bowles and the FO decide to do. This “injury” could “linger” and Darnold could lose a half of a season of development. 

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This is forcing Darnold to the bench, so that Bowles can lean on his guy McCown and get out of Buffalo with a job still. To call this anything else is a farce.

I agree but I still think we lose Sunday. This team is done . Baby New year running around in a faux booty and Father Time starting at QB. This entire team knows the season is over and Bowles isn’t far behind. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I agree but I still think we lose Sunday. This team is done . Baby New year running around in a faux booty and Father Time starting at QB. This entire team knows the season is over and Bowles isn’t far behind. 

You’re underestimating how bad the Bills offense is. The Jets could not throw a pass and win.

52 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Y’all are overreacting, jumping to conclusion and totally misreading the situation.

Stay tuned to Todd Bowles next press conference. He’ll explain everything and give us all confort we are in good hands.

Say something Todd. Anything.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSz_q79sb1b_VMQtYZGYG9

IMG_3787.PNG

21 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It took you a while, but you're learning. LOL. This isn't L.A., and it isn't a USC-like fan base. It's a NY crowd and we're Jets fans talking Jets football, which isn't for the faint of heart. It's why I was hoping the Jets could've taken Mayfield. I'm no QB guru, and I had no idea who'd be a better QB. I just thought Baker had the personality to deal with NY better then the other 3. We're 8 games into the season and we've already got a few guys throwing in the towel on Sam. Others hope for him to develop, but not win games, because they want the HC and GM fired. Then you've got what I think is the majority, those who believe in Sam, but feel like the Jets aren't giving him a chance to succeed. Unfortunately, the only one I can think of who thinks this is going well so far is @nico002. I hope this all works out for Sam, but as you're seeing, it won't be easy.  

Baker would be grabbing his crotch, flipping you guys off.....

I posted tongue-in-cheek, sorry it doesn't translate without seeing the amused smirk on my face.  Sorry to tell you, but you guys are not unique in your drama and hyperbole.  It's every sports message board I've read in my curious message board moderator Life....it happens when your beloved team is losing, or not playing to imagined potential.

there is a reason I'm hanging out here with you wonderful guys, my Trojan guys are losing their freakin' minds.  It's not pretty.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You actually think this is worse? Dumb

I think Bowles is as bad a HC as Idzik was a GM. Both setting this team back. And I say worse, because Bowles has the holy grail of a potential franchise QB in his hands and he's already f'n it up. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Mccown will manage the game and the Jets probably win 13-6 (yippee).

every win is a step toward a winning program 

every loss reinforces losing habits

there's no such thing as a bad win. 

teams don't just wake up and win the Super Bowl. it is a process 

it's disgusting how many Jets fans see a potential home win as a negative outcome or cleaning house as a positive step forward  

it's also crappy how many Jets head coaches get fired without even having a fighter's chance at the QB position. This franchise hasn't had reliable Qb play since when? half a season of Favre? Penny? im not saying Todd Bowles will reinvent football but give him Cam Newton and he's Ron Rivera plus. 

Just now, bitonti said:

it's disgusting how many Jets fans see a home win as a negative outcome 

it's also crappy how many Jets coaches get fired without even having a chance at the QB position 

Less than 5 players on the current roster will be here when the Jets (potentially) start winning. And the only one that matters isn’t even playing.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Less than 5 players on the current roster will be here when the Jets (potentially) start winning. And the only one that matters isn’t even playing.

when exactly will they potentially start winning? 

how about Sunday for a start, would that be so bad? 

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's disgusting how many Jets fans see a potential home win as a negative outcome or cleaning house as a positive step forward  

it's also crappy how many Jets head coaches get fired without even having a fighter's chance at the QB position. This franchise hasn't had reliable Qb play since when? half a season of Favre? Penny? im not saying Todd Bowles will reinvent football but give him Cam Newton and he's Ron Rivera plus. 

Extremely short-sighted visions like this is why we are in the mess in the first place. It’s a 1 step forward, 2 steps backwards attitude and mindset. This is the same mindset of our ownership and front office which has been proven to be 100% wrong.

If you think trying to get a few wins and keeping the coach and GM is the right move, you are blind and exactly what’s wrong with the homers/kool aid drinkers and the ownership/front office that is RUINING this stud rookie QB that fell into our laps and ruining this franchise. We need to purge this complacent, loser attitude. 

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He’s given a young talented QB and doing nothing to help him. At all. Sorry you can’t iust give any coach an elite QB. Sometimes you gotta start with a rookie and build with him. 

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is so wrong on many levels

I'm used to getting burned by the Jets, but for some reason this really hurts.  I feel terrible for Sam.  He seems like a great kid and he deserves better.  Maybe instead of flying banners over the facility,  the fans should address a "Hang in there" to Sam.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

This is forcing Darnold to the bench, so that Bowles can lean on his guy McCown and get out of Buffalo with a job still. To call this anything else is a farce.

That's exactly what it is.  Dude was looking for any excuse to start McCown.  Expect Darnold's foot to heal really, really slowly.  Especially since the Jets have a legit chance at winning three out of the next four.

10 hours ago, bitonti said:

They built a winning program in 2015 and have gone 13-28 since.

12 hours ago, bitonti said:

You've been saying this for years and have been proven wrong time and time and time again.

How many times has winning late season meaningless games helped us?  Here we are again, terrible.  Clearly nothing you are saying above works. 

12 hours ago, bitonti said:

when exactly will they potentially start winning? 

how about Sunday for a start, would that be so bad? 

Yes, because its the Bills, and does not matter in the long run.  All it would do is push us down in the draft.  That's all it would accomplish. 

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Todd bowles is the bowling ball with knives for hands of the coaching world.

Trying to be objective as possible, but Bowles is the worst HC I've ever seen on any level.  He will play every Vet to not only the detriment of the team, to deflect any criticism of his incompetence, but now it is seen that he will even risk injury to the most important player connected to the Franchise's future.  100 years from now it will still be part of Jet lore (if they even exist).."So they drafted Darnold #3 in the Nation and this horrific coach named Bowles who the NFL sent to coach the team since the owner knew nothing about football used a Center who couldn't snap the ball ALL season and got the QB injured"...you couldn't make this scenario up if you tried.

Not only stupid but arrogant..

Reporter: "So being mathematically eliminated now, why do you intend to start Fitzpatrick next week? Why can't the fans see Petty and Hackenberg get some reps? Obviously Fitzpatrick will not be here next year."

Bowles: (nastily) "You don't know that".

I'm really starting the hate this f**kin team I've rooted for all my life...never felt like this before.  Not even during the Kotite years, not close. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, because its the Bills, and does not matter in the long run.  All it would do is push us down in the draft.  That's all it would accomplish. 

Oh this again. Macc is coming back so the draft shouldn't be anything we are all that excited about lol.

Archived