Darnold in a walking boot. Not practicing.

Joe W. Namath

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Now if only this were a court room.  Sorry, the rules of evidence in a court of law don't apply here.  Darnold said he was fine.  No boot on Monday.  No boot Tuesday, right?  Wednesday = boot?  This is so patently dishonest that they should be embarrassed.   

Darnold was quoted saying “I just have some bruises but I’m fine.”

I hate this front office so much. They do everything wrong smh. This is such BS on so many levels and the fact that they are trying to feed us this BS is even more wrong.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Todd Bowles: 

- Left an injured Center in for weeks who can't even snap the ball. Resulting in a pitiful offense and injuring our quarterback.

- Too inept to know our quarterback was injured.

- Lied, and Couldn’t just admit he wanted to bench Darnold, because he thinks McCown will get him enough wins to kee his job.

Yeah this guy is the worst ever

i heard Todd Bowles was the second shooter on the grassy knoll 

I just wish we got the whole story, when did he get injured?  During a game, practice, elsewhere?  TBH nothing else matters, the Jets are supposed to be starting over, and do it right this time, having a controversial topic regarding literally the only player on the roster ANYONE cares about right now with no answers, so everything about this situation is fishy, and a good franchise would be WAY out in front of this, nobody realistically thought the Jets were gonna burst on the scene as a force to be reckoned with, everyone just wants to see Sam Darnold to keep progressing, and continue to show you the flashes of greatness that he has shown so far this year, and hopefully make all the right moves including getting a HC in here who understands modern day NFL football, and Darnold with that year under his belt is ready to start playing relaxed, and comfortable instead of fast, confused, and at times jittery like this year which is all a part of the learning process, and is expected.  Now IF Darnold has gotten hurt just come out with it honestly, explain the situation, the injury, the possible time frame.  Once all the info is out there, and no questions are left unanswered this becomes a non story other then how unfortunate the injury is.  All this hush hush about Sam just gets the media, and fans more, and more time to think, and concoct outlandish theories, false accusations, and just uncertain turmoil, and this team is always surrounded by uncertain turmoil, the last thing needed is to throw literally the only thing Jets related that anyone has any positive feelings towards, into the center of that storm, this was supposed to be a new, Sam was supposed to rise above that Turmoiled state this team has been in forever, and drag everyone out with him, and IMO regardless of the up, and down season Darnold has had he was doing it while showing the flashes you wanted to see, AND there was ZERO turmoil around him, and how he was handling the struggles, the highs, the lows, the success it was all even keeled keeping the drama, and turmoil seekers at bay, and keeping almost everything involving Darnold positive even when he was being criticized, but now this situation created by Bowles, and the Jets has dragged Darnold into the negative turmoil riddled black hole the rest of the franchise is in, and has been in for what seems like forever now.

Both Bowles, and Macc seriously have to go, I was fine keeping Macc, but now all the evidence of how bad of a job Macc has done BUILDING a roster, and the lack of accountability laid down on him, and Bowles coaching staff OC excluded.  Macc Bowles are not on the same page, they were hired separately, and this has the makings of a Rex Idzik final 2 months.  It’s time for the Jets to hire a Football Operations guy that hires the GM, then the GM hires the HC, and the HC has to have a OC, and DC tied to his hip before being hired so you know what your getting besides the HC at the other 2 important coaching positions, and everyone reports up the chain, change the culture from top to bottom.

Rant over sorry.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

I just wish we got the whole story, when did he get injured?  During a game, practice, elsewhere?  TBH nothing else matters, the Jets are supposed to be starting over, and do it right this time, having a controversial topic regarding literally the only player on the roster ANYONE cares about right now with no answers, so everything about this situation is fishy, and a good franchise would be WAY out in front of this, nobody realistically thought the Jets were gonna burst on the scene as a force to be reckoned with, everyone just wants to see Sam Darnold to keep progressing, and continue to show you the flashes of greatness that he has shown so far this year, and hopefully make all the right moves including getting a HC in here who understands modern day NFL football, and Darnold with that year under his belt is ready to start playing relaxed, and comfortable instead of fast, confused, and at times jittery like this year which is all a part of the learning process, and is expected.  Now IF Darnold has gotten hurt just come out with it honestly, explain the situation, the injury, the possible time frame.  Once all the info is out there, and no questions are left unanswered this becomes a non story other then how unfortunate the injury is.  All this hush hush about Sam just gets the media, and fans more, and more time to think, and concoct outlandish theories, false accusations, and just uncertain turmoil, and this team is always surrounded by uncertain turmoil, the last thing needed is to throw literally the only thing Jets related that anyone has any positive feelings towards, into the center of that storm, this was supposed to be a new, Sam was supposed to rise above that Turmoiled state this team has been in forever, and drag everyone out with him, and IMO regardless of the up, and down season Darnold has had he was doing it while showing the flashes you wanted to see, AND there was ZERO turmoil around him, and how he was handling the struggles, the highs, the lows, the success it was all even keeled keeping the drama, and turmoil seekers at bay, and keeping almost everything involving Darnold positive even when he was being criticized, but now this situation created by Bowles, and the Jets has dragged Darnold into the negative turmoil riddled black hole the rest of the franchise is in, and has been in for what seems like forever now.

Both Bowles, and Macc seriously have to go, I was fine keeping Macc, but now all the evidence of how bad of a job Macc has done BUILDING a roster, and the lack of accountability laid down on him, and Bowles coaching staff OC excluded.  Macc Bowles are not on the same page, they were hired separately, and this has the makings of a Rex Idzik final 2 months.  It’s time for the Jets to hire a Football Operations guy that hires the GM, then the GM hires the HC, and the HC has to have a OC, and DC tied to his hip before being hired so you know what your getting besides the HC at the other 2 important coaching positions, and everyone reports up the chain, change the culture from top to bottom.

Rant over sorry.

Charles Dickens would be proud.

20 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Longest sentences that I’ve ever seen and I’ve had a few long ones in my post. That’s how you know it’s s rant.

Lol

I have ZERO writing skills, ZERO!!!!!!!  I just don’t understand proper writing it doesn’t register with the brain, numbers on the other hand were a different story when my brain was actually active lol.

I have 9K posts with nothing, but run on sentences if I had to guess (I can’t properly spot one myself).

Edit see can’t even do math right anymore.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Lol

I have ZERO writing skills, ZERO!!!!!!!  I just don’t understand proper writing it doesn’t register with the brain, numbers on the other hand were a different story when my brain was actually active lol.

I have 14K posts with nothing, but run on sentences if I had to guess (I can’t properly spot one myself).

That’s what ranting is all about so it works. 

5 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Who knew it could get worse then Rex/Idzik?

Just hiring guys who continue to drag this franchise down in their own way. Bowles is the worse thing I’ve seen for this team in a long time. They need to fix this thing fast. 

Thinking about I’m not even mad at Bowles, Bowles is playing the hustle game right now, he is getting paid, he got his BFF Rodgers paid, if the Jets, and the NFL are gonna be handing out large sums of $$$$$, and you can get a piece I can’t blame you for cutting out your slice, and even getting one for a family member, or friend.  This is all shame on the Jets to continue to allow players, AND now Coaches to just come in show up collect the large check, and go home all while playing the hustle game to keep your pockets full of cash for as long as you possibly can, for that I can’t hate the player, I don’t even hate the game, I hate that the team I root for has zero clue how to play, and manage the hustle to their benefit instead getting continually hustled by Coaches, and Players.

Got to imagine this deciison is coming from above Bowles.

Who the hell actually knows but I get the sense the Johnsons have no interest in turning over another regime. Get an easy win over Buffalo and head to the bye and reassess. 

Obviously everything needs to be overhauled but Woody wouldn’t even know who to turn to this go around. He’s had help from Parcells, search firms, consultants etc and they all have produced duds. 

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Thinking about I’m not even mad at Bowles, Bowles is playing the hustle game right now, he is getting paid, he got his BFF Rodgers paid, if the Jets, and the NFL are gonna be handing out large sums of $$$$$, and you can get a piece I can’t blame you for cutting out your slice, and even getting one for a family member, or friend.  This is all shame on the Jets to continue to allow players, AND now Coaches to just come in show up collect the large check, and go home all while playing the hustle game to keep your pockets full of cash for as long as you possibly can, for that I can’t hate the player, I don’t even hate the game, I hate that the team I root for has zero clue how to play, and manage the hustle to their benefit instead getting continually hustled by Coaches, and Players.

Image result for everyday im hustlin gifs

Plot: The development of rookie quarterback Sam Darnold.

Subplot: The status of the Todd Bowles-led coaching staff, in conjunction with the offense's struggles.

This Jets season focused around rookie quarterback Sam Darnold and his development from Week 1, and rightfully so. The 21-year-old is the current and future face of the franchise, and the team decided to take the training wheels off right away by giving him professional experience.

While Darnold has showed flashes of brilliance, he's struggled alongside an offense that has suffered significant injuries, including a season-ending neck injury to running back Bilal Powell. Darnold has thrown a league-leading 14 interceptions, and the team is 3-6.

Of course, the record can't be put solely on the rookie's shoulders, but Bowles and his staff are on the hot seat, according to Bob Glauber of Newsday. Losers of six of eight games after a 48-17 Week 1 win over the Lions, the Jets have scored 17 or fewer points six times. In an era of offensive explosions, that's not a good sign.

While the playoffs are likely out of reach, the key is whether Darnold and the Jets finish strong. If not, a coaching change may come. Bowles did wonders with the 10-6 2015 team, and his squad fought to a 5-11 2017 season when everyone thought it'd be the worst team in football—but 2018 has gotten ugly fast.

I've got to hand it to you guys, I don't think a minor ankle injury has ever been the cause of more conspiracy theories, involving more people, in the history of the NFL. Not to mention, the story is what, 4 hours old? This week just keeps getting better and better!

If they are faking his injury, as some posters think, it is bad news.  With what is probably their weakest opponent coming up, if he's healthy, it's his best chance to  get a W, and some good numbers, and vibes leading into a week off.

If he's healthy, and their benching him this week, it means they have totally lost confidence that he can get it done against a weak team.  Or the players have lost confidence, and grumbling about   it.  I don't think that's the case.

IMO, he was doing company policy and didn't talk about his injuries after the game.  He had a sore foot, they did an MRI, and he's got a sprain.  

He could also use a break.  Dumbest thing they can do is sit him against the Bills, then bring him back out against Lil Bill who eats rookie QB's

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I've got to hand it to you guys, I don't think a minor ankle injury has ever been the cause of more conspiracy theories, involving more people, in the history of the NFL. Not to mention, the story is what, 4 hours old? This week just keeps getting better and better!

The way the Jets have handled the story is the reason why it’s out of control, not the other way around.  Fans, and media will always go off the rails it’s what they do, but the team is responsible for handling these situations, and the way you handle it determines the kind of story it becomes, and the Jets have done nothing, but allow for the media, and fans to speculate, that’s what happens when you have poor leadership, and Coaches and GM’s playing CYA games instead of getting out in front of whatever truthfully is going on with Darnold right now.

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

There is no trust in the ny jets team and they have earned that rep.  To go along with it the coach and front office tell you nothing.  On top of the the press tosses softballs and won't did for information.  When given no info and when trust is lost people will speculate.

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

If they are faking his injury, as some posters think, it is bad news.  With what is probably their weakest opponent coming up, if he's healthy, it's his best chance to  get a W, and some good numbers, and vibes leading into a week off.

If he's healthy, and their benching him this week, it means they have totally lost confidence that he can get it done against a weak team.  Or the players have lost confidence, and grumbling about   it.  I don't think that's the case.

IMO, he was doing company policy and didn't talk about his injuries after the game.  He had a sore foot, they did an MRI, and he's got a sprain.  

He could also use a break.  Dumbest thing they can do is sit him against the Bills, then bring him back out against Lil Bill who eats rookie QB's

Of course they’ve lost confidence. The offense has been uncompetitive the last 3 weeks and it culminated with him outright losing the Dolphins game. The roster is brutal, but Buffalo is worse and the Jets rationale here is let’s not embarrass ourselves at home and go into the bye with a win. Mccown will manage the game and the Jets probably win 13-6 (yippee).The defense after the Miami game was basically on the brink of calling Darnold out directly which would basically be the end of Bowles.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Of course they’ve lost confidence. The offense has been uncompetitive the last 3 weeks and it culminated with him outright losing the Dolphins game. The roster is brutal, but Buffalo is worse and the Jets rationale here is let’s not embarrass ourselves at home and go into the bye with a win. Mccown will manage the game and the Jets probably win 13-6 (yippee).The defense after the Miami game was basically on the brink of calling Darnold out directly which would basically be the end of Bowles.

The jets have scored 30+ multiple times with darnold at the helm. I don’t see logic in any of this.

Even without the Monday and Tuesday quotes from Darnold, we all know enough about him to know that he wants to play.

No way would he have told the medical or coaching staff “yeah my ankle is really hurting. I don’t think I can go this Sunday”. He’s a tough kid. The Jets are forcing him to sit. Nice of them to show that they have faith in their “franchise QB”  

My anger, resentment and frustration is boiling. We only had one thing about this organization to look forward to and they are bungling it. 

Let him play, or tell us the truth. 

28 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Even without the Monday and Tuesday quotes from Darnold, we all know enough about him to know that he wants to play.

No way would he have told the medical or coaching staff “yeah my ankle is really hurting. I don’t think I can go this Sunday”. He’s a tough kid. The Jets are forcing him to sit. Nice of them to show that they have faith in their “franchise QB”  

My anger, resentment and frustration is boiling. We only had one thing about this organization to look forward to and they are bungling it. 

Let him play, or tell us the truth. 

Do you think he’d wear the boot if that were the case?

I'm wondering if some people knew all along that Darnold was hurt.  The line opened Jets -8.  That just didn't make much sense.  The Jets have been having a hard time scoring 8.  McCown will score in the mid 20's

I'd like to see what Darnold would have done with a center who can , you know, snap the ball.  15 bad snaps.   Wow

I'd like to see what Darnold can do with a completely new coaching staff, GM and $100 of actual NFL players and a fresh draft class around him.

At this point, throwing him back out there with this cast of turds is more likely to ruin him, than anything else. These guys couldn't have handled this situation any worse. If they had kept Bridgewater, Sam would have been able to acclimate without the weight of needing to over-compensate for 10 years of futility. Bridge could have built value, been dealt a couple weeks ago, and McCown could finish the season - or Sam takes over at the halfway point, anything is better than letting him get perpetually pounded, run, run, third and long... force passes to guys who can't get open, can't catch a ball that hits them in the hands... 

Just a mess.

Archived