What happens if McKown pulls a Fitzmagic

More Cowbell

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

You know it’s going to happen. Time is a flat circle.

We’ll destroy Buffalo.

Have the bye to sneak out an upset win over New England.

Bowles will say Darnold is still healing and start McCown on our way to 6-10.

It will still be the end for Bowles because you can't say he has done his job "developing" Darnold. Especially if he uses an injury as an excuse to eke out a win or two.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Enough to mess things up. 3 more wins are probably enough to drop us out of the top 10 to the middle of the pack, and MAYBE save Bowles job. We have the Bills twice and remember someone said FitMagic (he beat the Pats once). In addition to the wins, Bowles can claim that the other losses were due to Darnold. That would suck

6-10 doesn’t do it I think. 7-9 I think is the number. So 4 wins

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Seriously, what happens if he lights up the scoreboard like a pinball machine. 

I personally wouldn't mind Darnold sitting for an extended period.

I say cut the kid and declare McCown the starter for next four seasons. Even before we sign him. At least the offense will be interesting again. Until we play winning teams then it will be the same as it ever was. 

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Seriously, what happens if he lights up the scoreboard like a pinball machine. 

I personally wouldn't mind Darnold sitting for an extended period.

Luckily, Bowles already made it very clear that Darnold is the team's QB the rest of the year. So this is a 1 week gig for Mccown. 

11 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Because Todd Bowles believes wins will save his job, and he gets to call the shots.. he should have never been given an extension 

What would have happened if Bowles started a slightly injured Darnold who then get seriously injured? Would you be upset that he forced Darnold to play hurt and wasn't looking out for the future of the team? 
I hate Bowles, but there is no reason to play Darnold at anything less than 100pct. The week off will get him healed both physically and mentally. 

Because Todd Bowles believes wins will save his job, and he gets to call the shots.. he should have never been given an extension 
I bet a decision has already been made on Bowles, one way or the other. We're not making the playoffs, and it's a young team so not likely to quit on the coach. A few wins, or not, really should t make much of a difference. Either they're happy with the job he's done or they're not, and I dont imagine much could change it.

56 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

It will still be the end for Bowles because you can't say he has done his job "developing" Darnold. Especially if he uses an injury as an excuse to eke out a win or two.

Im just playing devil’s advocate. I cant stand Bowles. He’s terrible. He should be gone. They’re gonna think Bowles is gonna develop Darnold? I think its painfully obvious he can’t.

17 minutes ago, isired said:
31 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I bet a decision has already been made on Bowles, one way or the other. We're not making the playoffs, and it's a young team so not likely to quit on the coach. A few wins, or not, really should t make much of a difference. Either they're happy with the job he's done or they're not, and I dont imagine much could change it.

I hope so. But What does bowles have to lose ? Maybe he thinks he can change their minds with more wins. Or maybe he is auditioning for new HC Job next yr 

I hope so. But What does bowles have to lose ? Maybe he thinks he can change their minds with more wins. Or maybe he is auditioning for new HC Job next yr 
Don't get me wrong, I don't know which way it will go - just that the next 8 games probably won't influence their decision. They may have decided that he gets another year. I hope not, but I don't know.

21 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What would have happened if Bowles started a slightly injured Darnold who then get seriously injured? Would you be upset that he forced Darnold to play hurt and wasn't looking out for the future of the team? 
I hate Bowles, but there is no reason to play Darnold at anything less than 100pct. The week off will get him healed both physically and mentally. 

I agree 100%. Now let’s field this likely scenario.. McCown does well, jets win this sun. What will be your excuse for Bowles playing McCown over a very healthy darnold ?

Just now, JiF said:

Mon - fine

Tues - fine

Wed - walking boot

head coach said he's fine and said he could be the back up in the game.

#evidence. 

Well if the coach says he's fine, what's the big deal. You don't want to put your young franchise QB in harms way. It's the same in baseball. Treat the young players with caution

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well if the coach says he's fine, what's the big deal. You don't want to put your young franchise QB in harms way. It's the same in baseball. Treat the young players with caution

What about when Darnold told everyone he was fine Sun, Mon and Tues? 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I believe people are honest and good natured despite what the world tells you.

It's a competitive nature though. However, even if he could play, I support the Jets for airing on the side of caution. BEcause if he played hurt and got hurt even worse, then you have a bigger problem

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

It's a competitive nature though. However, even if he could play, I support the Jets for airing on the side of caution. BEcause if he played hurt and got hurt even worse, then you have a bigger problem

I believe the children are the future.

39 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I agree 100%. Now let’s field this likely scenario.. McCown does well, jets win this sun. What will be your excuse for Bowles playing McCown over a very healthy darnold ?

Bowles already said that Darnold is the starter when healthy. If Bowles came out and said, "we will see how Mccown plays and take it from there" then I could see your angst, but Bowles made it clear today that Darnold is going to start when he is healthy.

Let's also remember that everyone bashed Bowlesfor not starting Hack at the end of last year. Turned out there was a reason and it wasn't Bowles stubbornness it was the team already knowing Hack sucked. You give kids PT when they earn it, not just to appease the fan base. So this notion that Bowles will stick with Bowles all season based on crap from last year is just ridiculous. 

Archived