Congratulations to Chris Herndon

Mark78

5 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Maye is good when he can stay on the field but that’s far from guaranteed, was 24 when drafted before you know it he’s pushing 30.  The second Safety drafted consecutively.  QB was a huge issue with the Jets and building to support the one brought in, not another d back to try to make Bowles look competent (that’s how I have a bad feeling that Maccagnan let Bowles push him around)....Kamara and Smith-Schuster were on the board when Maye was picked.

It really does not matter how much talent a guy may have if he cannot stay on the field.  Maybe making him tht deep CF that Williams likes will keep him from too much contact and resultant injury?

11 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Really promising player. Let’s hope that the committee approach to the tight end position will be put to rest. Herndon needs to be on the field virtually every play. 

he has the ability to get downfield as well

9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

If the guy has superior talent which it appears he does, it doesn't  matrer who coaches him. Gates, Kelce, Gronk, Ertz, Gonzo, all would be great with or without whoever coached them. Herndon is this kind of talent

that's a mighty big leap of faith, there. comparing to 2 HOFers? Wonder what these players' numbers looked like in year 2.

10 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I heard Shepherd is really disliked by his teammates.  If true I wonder why.  Right now looks like another busted 3rd Rd pick.

Another “old” rookie drafted by Maccagnan....Maye, Donahue, Shepherd, I think there are a few more, this needs to cease as soon as possible.  It’s difficult enough to hit a draft pick.

Where did you read/hear that?  That's a pretty nasty allegation and needs to be corroborated I think.

41 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

that's a mighty big leap of faith, there. comparing to 2 HOFers? Wonder what these players' numbers looked like in year 2.

I don't  think there is any doubt Herndon is going to be a very productive TE as long as Darnold is his QB and I believe we are looking at another  Rivers to Gates type combo here. Gase i think is smart enough to try and max this out. Herndon also is a good blocker so he really never has to come off the field. Will he be a HOF like Gates and Gonzo? Nobody knows but that wasn't  the point, the point is even had I been Gonzo's coach, he would still be an all world TE. Herndon is also going to be very good no matter who coaches him. He's that kind of player. 

12 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I have more hope for Nickerson than Shep but I'm rooting for him. Really Macc has left the team on the short side of the draft thus far

Thats very fair.  The Devin Smith and Hackenberg picks were really bad.  This year we dont currently have a 2nd rounder so he has to really do well with the two 3rds and our fourth

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Where did you read/hear that?  That's a pretty nasty allegation and needs to be corroborated I think.

It was on one of the Jet fan podcasts, trying to remember the specific one, and you’re right it does need to be corroborated, that’s why I said initially to not blanketedly believe it.  It actually seemed like a real strange thing to hear since I remember reading about this kid’s background and how hard he worked to get to the NFL.

36 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

It was on one of the Jet fan podcasts, trying to remember the specific one, and you’re right it does need to be corroborated, that’s why I said initially to not blanketedly believe it.  It actually seemed like a real strange thing to hear since I remember reading about this kid’s background and how hard he worked to get to the NFL.

kinda sounds like bunk...  thats just me...

Archived