What a joke the nfl is

NoBowles

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

If you think it’s a joke but you keep watching then you’re the punchline 

Thanks for your unsolicited opinion. And for the record, I watch about 1/10 of the NFL football that I used to watch, and that % drops every year.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Had no impact.  It’s only the conspiracy theory Patriot obsessed haters that think the officiating had anything to do with them winning.   

What??

Rams just got a first down and had 1st and 10 on the Pats 44 with around 7 minutes to go in a 3-3 game. Instead of that they had 1st and 20 from the Rams 34, and the next play should have been a personal foul and wasn't. The Rams punted and the Pats scored. Saying it had nothing to do with them winning is flat out wrong.

33 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Had no impact.  It’s only the conspiracy theory Patriot obsessed haters that think the officiating had anything to do with them winning.   

Come tell me you didn't cringe on the defensless receiver call , where they tried to make up some BS where the player has to be allowed space to make a football move. If that's the case just eliminate tackling completely.  The game and rules are always slanted in the Pats favor and when they're not they make up rules like the Tuck call.

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Come tell me you didn't cringe on the defensless receiver call , where they tried to make up some BS where the player has to be allowed space to make a football move. If that's the case just eliminate tackling completely.  The game and rules are always slanted in the Pats favor and when they're not they make up rules like the Tuck call.

The game and rules are ALWAYS slanted towards the Pats?  That just sounds like a bitter Jet fan.  They’ve been to 9 Super Bowls and won 6, it’s not the refs that are winning these championships for them.  

52 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Not arguing but here are the stats on penalties.

RAMS 9 for 65 yards

PATS  3 for 20 yards

15 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The game and rules are ALWAYS slanted towards the Pats?  That just sounds like a bitter Jet fan.  They’ve been to 9 Super Bowls and won 6, it’s not the refs that are winning these championships for them.  

No, its communications, deflated  footballs,  Brady playing for half his worth to get around CBA  and cap issues,  copious amounts of Peds, video taping/spying or whatever other nefarious scheme they're using to rig the sport. Sure its not always the refs , but they are also involved.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No league has more rules to promote parody.  That the Pats keep winning doesn't change that.  They don't have any advantage towards putting their team together other than they've done it well.  

It was a bad game, true, happens.  Saying the league will lose money etc because of the game or the Pats is wrong.  

Jeez, you're the 3rd guy to do this. Its PARITY not parody, LOL. Although "parody" could be a Freudian slip?

18 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Jeez, you're the 3rd guy to do this. Its PARITY not parody, LOL. Although "parody" could be a Freudian slip?

Could be, didn't look, or it was stupid spell check along with spastic fingers on a phone.  Lol

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Could be, didn't look, or it was stupid spell check along with spastic fingers on a phone.  Lol

Sometimes I really hate spell check. Last year I wrote to a buddy about a car show the wife and I were doing in Canandaigua NY. Spell check changed it to Guadalcanal. lol

1 hour ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

I wish there was no such thing as penalties. everything should just be a free-for-all. let cbs and wrs dual it out. no holding, no hands to the face. just let them play. this would make every game a defensive battle, so take one player off the field on the defensive side. 11 vs 10. I'm tired of officials impacting the outcome of the game. 

That's why my favorite sport is boxing - 2 guys going at it with no foreign interference to affect the results. Its the only pure sport

16 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Please. The phantom holding call on the long Gurley run in the middle of the 4th quarter  was the play of the game.  It was 3-3 and Rams were driving and that run had the Pats defense on it's heels and would have prevented them from teeing off on Goff.  Instead of first and ten on the Pats 40, it's second and twenty back on the Ram 30 something.  That call was the game.  And there was no hold. How do you make THAT call when hardly any flags are thrown all day?  

They make that call because it the Patriots, how about the clothseline the Pats did on the Rams running back and they call a penalty on the Rams, what a joke. Even Romo thought it was on the Pats. Goodell is in Krafts pocket for some reason, and it shows all the time.

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Not arguing but here are the stats on penalties.

RAMS 9 for 65 yards

PATS  3 for 20 yards

1 hour ago, GaryM said:

They make that call because it the Patriots, how about the clothseline the Pats did on the Rams running back and they call a penalty on the Rams, what a joke. Even Romo thought it was on the Pats. Goodell is in Krafts pocket for some reason, and it shows all the time.

Here's the penalty numbers for the game.

1 hour ago, roscoeword said:

That's why my favorite sport is boxing - 2 guys going at it with no foreign interference to affect the results. Its the only pure sport

Really?  Not so quick to ever say this.  I've seen fantom KOs, short counts, long counts, horrendous decisions, cheating with PEDs or stimulants, foreign substances on gloves, the list is long and well documented.  More than any other sport given its a one to one competition with a crazy amount of money riding on odds and who wins or loses.

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Hey Troll..look back at history, the Patriots are the beneficiary of all the key calls. Tell me one time that a big game was decided by a penalty against the Patriots?

Archived