What a joke the nfl is

NoBowles

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s not worth my time to write any more. But just note the following.  They had maroon 5 and sicko mode for halftime. They had a penalty on a gorgeous tackle in the first quarter. They had a hold on a play where the defender had nowhere to go in the 4th. They had a team in the Super Bowl who was there because of a failure to call a pi on a tackle where the defender was ultimately fined. I loved this game and that is over. Still get remotely excited for jets but not really.

Just now, kdels62 said:

Last year’s Super Bowl was the best Super Bowl ever. For all the talk of “no more defense” the final was a defensive game.

Rams on defense played absolutely fantastic.  Their offense was atrocious Goff and McVay were exposed

This game just showed how important Gurley was to the Rams offense. With him virtually invisible,  it made Belichick's gameplan a stone lock. You look at the Rams minus Gurley, the only game breaker is Cooks. The rest of their skill guys are never going to scare anyone.

And the Rams OL was exposed tonight, it showed that they couldn't replace Saffold.

1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

The Saints should have been there, but they would have had a better chance at winning.

The Super Bowl would have been 100x more entertaining but Goodell thought getting the LA market in there would boost tv ratings 

Some quarterbacks play way above their level on the biggest stage (Eli/Flacco).  Others play well below it.  Goff crapped his pants and that was all she wrote.

Superb defensive game plans by both teams, but at the end of the day the Patriots always seem to know how to win ugly.

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

After we give Leo a $130 million extension 

That’s no joke. 

Hey the idiot pretending to be a GM is still in the GMs office so expect that to happen.

Right there is the Exhibit A difference between the Jets and New England.

Would the Pats hand Williams an extension?

Then again would the Pats being paying Bowles for 6 YEARS ( as political as that is) hahaha?  

Maccagnan wouldn’t even be hired as the guy taking inventory of the helmets and socks in New England.

Please. The phantom holding call on the long Gurley run in the middle of the 4th quarter  was the play of the game.  It was 3-3 and Rams were driving and that run had the Pats defense on it's heels and would have prevented them from teeing off on Goff.  Instead of first and ten on the Pats 40, it's second and twenty back on the Ram 30 something.  That call was the game.  And there was no hold. How do you make THAT call when hardly any flags are thrown all day?  

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Please. The phantom holding call on the long Gurley run in the middle of the 4th quarter  was the play of the game.  It was 3-3 and Rams were driving and that run had the Pats defense on it's heels and would have prevented them from teeing off on Goff.  Instead of first and ten on the Pats 40, it's second and twenty back on the Ram 30 something.  That call was the game.  And there was no hold. How do you make THAT call when hardly any flags are thrown all day?  

Yup, only to be followed up by a joke of a no call on a late hit as Goff gave himself up out of bounds, in a 3-3 game

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

There was no hold, nothing. To make that call, at that crucial point in the game, you have to have an agenda other than objective officiating. A true disgrace.

7 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

That’s no joke. 

Hey the idiot pretending to be a GM is still in the GMs office so expect that to happen.

Right there is the Exhibit A difference between the Jets and New England.

Would the Pats hand Williams an extension?

Then again would the Pats being paying Bowles for 6 YEARS ( as political as that is) hahaha?  

Maccagnan wouldn’t even be hired as the guy taking inventory of the helmets and socks in New England.

I got a bad feeling Mac’s entire offseason is going to be him signing Bell and that’s it

Get ready for another year of Buster Skrine

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I got a bad feeling Mac’s entire offseason is going to be him signing Bell and that’s it

Get ready for another year of Buster Skrine

What good is Bell with an Oline who can’t run block?  Just pray that Gase and Williams have much louder voices in all the decisions and that the idiot Maccagnan is quickly phased out.

I could see Maccagnan overpaying for Bell, drafting a pass rusher at 3 who doesn’t pan out, still has holes on the Oline, and Bell gets hurt.

Dont get me wrong I’d love for them to sign Bell but only if there’s also a plan to simultaneously build the Oline.  I want as many pieces in place to help take heat off Darnold.

Just have to hope for luck to rule the day.  Like when Darnold miraculously fell to 3.

Archived