Manziel unemployed again.

Kleckineau

Seems he couldnt abide with the terms of his contract.

Sounds like code speak for failed tests.

https://sports.yahoo.com/johnny-manziel-released-by-montreal-alouettes-192004669.html

“We are disappointed by this turn of events. Johnny was provided a great deal of support by our organization, in collaboration with the CFL, but he has been unable to abide by the terms of his agreement,” said General Manager Kavis Reed in a statement. “We worked with the league and presented alternatives to Johnny, who was unwilling to proceed.”

At least Hackenberg will have a life after football. This guy (sincerely hope not) may wind up in the gutter.

Isn’t his family very wealthy, his mommy and daddy will pay for him to go in and out of rehab for the remainder of there lives. Then he will get the money and go two ways, clean up is act or die of an overdose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/27/2019 at 7:28 PM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I see an impending implosion.  No worries. He can always open a  Quarterback's Camp  this summer  with Christian Hackenberg.

Impending?  It’s already happened multiple times

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

If I were an AAF owner it’s just not worth it. He wasn’t even good in the CFL and he’s too much of a hassle off the field. Guy is in trouble all the time. 

He'll turn up somewhere.  At this point in his "career" he sadly has become a curiosity  as much as a viable quarterbacking option. That being said, a fledgling league, like the AAF or XFL will take a flier on him, at least for the publicity and exposure, if nothing else.  After all, Hackenberg got a shot in the new league, despite his limited ability, and body of work.  Manziel for all of his warts, is still a better quarterback than Christian Hackenberg, which is not saying much.

13 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

He'll turn up somewhere.  At this point in his "career" he sadly has become a curiosity  as much as a viable quarterbacking option. That being said, a fledgling league, like the AAF or XFL will take a flier on him, at least for the publicity and exposure, if nothing else.  After all, Hackenberg got a shot in the new league, despite his limited ability, and body of work.  Manziel for all of his warts, is still a better quarterback than Christian Hackenberg, which is not saying much.

I can see him in the AAF but he doesn't even qualify for the XFL because I believe he has had some trouble with the law.

16 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Its sad what's become of this guy. I remember watching him at A&M one day against Alabama. I don't think the Aggies won, but he had one of those games that just stick in your head.

I can't help but root for the guy, but nobody can help him but him. Hope he wants to at least try.

12 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I can see him in the AAF but he doesn't even qualify for the XFL because I believe he has had some trouble with the law.

Wow!  Great call, I didn't know that.  Looked it up and you are right.  Vince McMahon says anyone with any criminal record will be disqualified from playing in the XFL.  What a change in image from the original XFL.  I can't believe this policy will not be amended, to allow those with misdemeanors or insignificant convictions the right to play.  Manziel has already tweeted McMahon asking for that consideration.  I expect him to reach out to him personally.  Vince McMahon is a savvy businessman of the highest order, so if he sees this policy as a detriment to the success of the league, he'll respond accordingly.  Unlike Rodger Goodell, he's nobody's fool.

On 2/27/2019 at 3:01 PM, New York Mick said:

He’ll end up in that AAF,  probably did it on purpose. 

Except they havent said that he would be allowed to play in their league so doubt it was on purpose

Archived